PDA

View Full Version : Did you actually plan your real life around Velious launch?

Toodles
05-11-2015, 05:04 PM
"We would also like to sincerely apologize to those of you that have already established plans for a May release. We know many of you had scheduled time off from work and even planned parties or trips. I hope you can understand the importance and necessity of the decision we have made and we encourage those of you waiting in the meantime to enjoy the Daybreak Progression Server when it is released."

I'm totally cool with that!

But I did have to laugh at the bolded part. Are they serious? Who exactly is doing that, and when did they tell the staff - why did they tell the staff?

Reality check when you realize you're taking time off work or planning a road trip to LAN party an emulated version of a game that's nearly two decades old.

I look forward to it and all, but damn get a grip.

citizen1080
05-11-2015, 05:05 PM
The immersion is real

Rivthis
05-11-2015, 05:07 PM
Pixal hunting is serious business.

Oleris
05-11-2015, 05:09 PM
I graduate Saturday and was planning on taking a week off to just play in velious... looks like ragefire will be releasing next Wednesday to give me that fix that I needed.

Orruar
05-11-2015, 05:15 PM
Some people scheduled the last 2 years off of work for project 1999.

Champion_Standing
05-11-2015, 05:44 PM
It's just an assumption based on the levels of No-Lifery around here, a safe assumption I would say.

PDX0621
05-11-2015, 06:02 PM
I planned some in game activities around it, but as far as RL? Nope. I don't see how taking time off to play video games is any different than taking time off to attend a show/concert/sports game etc.

Orruar
05-11-2015, 06:41 PM
I planned some in game activities around it, but as far as RL? Nope. I don't see how taking time off to play video games is any different than taking time off to attend a show/concert/sports game etc.

You wouldn't take time off work to attend a show/concert/sports game?

iruinedyourday
05-11-2015, 08:14 PM
"We would also like to sincerely apologize to those of you that have already established plans for a May release. We know many of you had scheduled time off from work and even planned parties or trips. I hope you can understand the importance and necessity of the decision we have made and we encourage those of you waiting in the meantime to enjoy the Daybreak Progression Server when it is released."

I'm totally cool with that!

But I did have to laugh at the bolded part. Are they serious? Who exactly is doing that, and when did they tell the staff - why did they tell the staff?

Reality check when you realize you're taking time off work or planning a road trip to LAN party an emulated version of a game that's nearly two decades old.

I look forward to it and all, but damn get a grip.

Why is your life do shitty you post on forums for an emulated version of a game that's nearly two decades old?

Champion_Standing
05-11-2015, 08:25 PM
Why is your life do shitty you post on forums for an emulated version of a game that's nearly two decades old?

You just created a shitty life paradox

iruinedyourday
05-11-2015, 08:29 PM

https://media1.giphy.com/media/eDT3nln48EfMA/200_s.gif

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
05-11-2015, 08:34 PM
Not even a little bit.

Was gonna be about 50km in the woods when it releases. Now I'll probably be in my backyard

PDX0621
05-11-2015, 08:37 PM
You wouldn't take time off work to attend a show/concert/sports game?

I would, and I have. What I said was I don't really see much difference in setting aside time for that and time for gaming in this instance.

Portasaurus
05-11-2015, 08:50 PM
https://media1.giphy.com/media/eDT3nln48EfMA/200_s.gif

Great job everyone.

Now we're going to crash into Frasier's ship like 12442792 times.

citizen1080
05-11-2015, 09:23 PM
No plans to play till this fall.

BurgyK
05-11-2015, 09:44 PM
I put in my 2 weeks. Loaded basement with pringles and mnt dew and now this... /wrist

citizen1080
05-11-2015, 10:05 PM
Not even a little bit.

Was gonna be about 50km in the woods when it releases. Now I'll probably be in my backyard

You should be out helping me get Bomb Bags across the boarder sir!

Troxx
05-11-2015, 10:57 PM
But Velious will only be the top end content on p99 for 5 years guys! Nobody wants to get behind ...

The only way velious impacts my playtime is that I'll probably hold off on pushing to 60 on my bard until after the launch when hybrid penalty is lifted.

I'd prefer to:

A) actually feel like I have something to work for in groups rather than already be 60 and just be poopsocking camps

B) NOT have to take 40% longer to push through the last 20% of 55 and all the levels after that to 60

C) NOT have to wait 300% longer to be invited to any given xp group due to the hybrid penalty

D) NOT have to drag down the other 4-5 people in my group with my xp penalty (last I checked my total xp at 80% into 55 was about the same as a level 60 human cleric).

So for now I play alts until velious, holding off my my plans for knight and ranger alts. I won't be going nuts on launch either - I'm going to enjoy taking my time :)

Orruar
05-11-2015, 11:31 PM

Except that iruinedyourday is proud of his shitty life. Checkmate.

Orruar
05-11-2015, 11:33 PM
I would, and I have. What I said was I don't really see much difference in setting aside time for that and time for gaming in this instance.

Well, a game is always there. Concerts and shit aren't. I guess launch day only comes once, but we all know it's going to be a clusterfuck. Of course, I suspect that is a positive to some people.