PDA

View Full Version : how many players can western wastes/ToV handle

Nirgon
05-11-2015, 09:12 AM
Your vote counts

Tiggles
05-11-2015, 12:13 PM
Blue is going to me such a major headache come Velious.

TMO Red is going strong most of us are 60 or very close.

Come play Red

Nirgon
05-11-2015, 12:48 PM
h8 to say atoadaso

Swish
05-11-2015, 01:06 PM
Went for the last option thinking it was a Bush/Towers option.

Now I feel dirty and cheated.

Vorkon
05-11-2015, 02:33 PM
Was it Vymm who was rooted in the pit and did a gflux followed by a knockback that threw people in the lava? That mechanic alone will cause problems with 1 raid in the zone. Probably unplayable with 200+ all working on raid mobs.

Other news, how may people did ToV max out with at beta? Was it stress tested at all?

Nirgon
05-13-2015, 08:47 AM
people zoning in causes a brief stutter

no idea what causes that or how it will be fixed

still unsure how Ziglark will work

god help us

Lune
05-13-2015, 10:54 AM
Blue is going to me such a major headache come Velious.

TMO Red is going strong most of us are 60 or very close.

Come play Red

Truly a containment server

Waedawen
05-17-2015, 04:40 PM
ziglark is either going to be the wild west, or it's going to be a fairly civil queue process like manastone and guise were back in the day... or it's going to be an absolute shit show of guilds camping 30 people in a room with designated 'Kill groups' with people rotating in and out to loot keys.

however, if history is anything to learn from, TMO locked down all of the easy / lucrative camps at the launch of Kunark for days on end and were by all means allowed to cockblock the rest of the server for specifically HS keys and Lockets of Escape. Not only that, but they had GM-backed rules that said that they could infinitely retain control of 'camps' if anyone tried to directly interfere (KS'ing)

So with Velious, lucrative camps and key-gates only get more pronounced, so I think it'l either end up being:

A) A GM dictated period of rotations for a while, or an increase in keys-per-kill on the mob for the first while of Launch (neither of which will ever happen) or

B) it'll be a relentless shit show of guilds 'wrestling for control' of the camps under the watchful (not watchful) eyes of GM's and it will devolve into the groups of 30 lowlives from each guild camping and facetracking yadda yadda yadda yadda

TL;DR velious is going to be fun as shit on red.

Cecily
05-17-2015, 05:22 PM
'bout 30k