PDA

View Full Version : Stolen Item

Raszul
05-09-2015, 11:45 PM
Hey..

I dont know if this is the right Forum for this, so please let me know if I have to move this into another.

Im camping Ass/Sub right now for the Deception Mask with my Necro. My Rogue Toon is camped in this Room as well. I had a Guy asking me about the loot, timer..and if I could help him getting the mask after I got mine.

I told him that its 5 am here, and he would have to discuss that with whoever take the camp after me. Then Assassin spawned, he had the mask, I killed him and the other 2 spawns, logged to my Rogue, and saw the Assa Corpse decaying. downstairs I heared the Guy dying to some froglocks and then he went offline immidiatly. Ive made a petition, but someone in /ooc said to me I should make a post in the forum here as well. what can I do?

Moah I hate those people....

fastboy21
05-09-2015, 11:48 PM
it would prob help if you petition and send the GMs the guys name.

considering how small the item in question is, it is prob faster just to camp the item again.

Raszul
05-09-2015, 11:55 PM
it would prob help if you petition and send the GMs the guys name.

considering how small the item in question is, it is prob faster just to camp the item again.

I did a petition of course, and the item is mask of deception. I dont care if its a small item or not..u have to wait hours of hours to get the camp and then this happen..sorry makes me mad. I just made a post here because someone in the zone said I should do for beeing safe.

Goondux
05-10-2015, 04:38 AM
I think I know who this person is.... Saw his corpse near the ladder to the Ass.....

Samoht
05-10-2015, 04:58 AM
Name and shame.

Swish
05-10-2015, 09:21 AM
Hey..

I dont know if this is the right Forum for this, so please let me know if I have to move this into another.

Im camping Ass/Sub right now for the Deception Mask with my Necro. My Rogue Toon is camped in this Room as well. I had a Guy asking me about the loot, timer..and if I could help him getting the mask after I got mine.

I told him that its 5 am here, and he would have to discuss that with whoever take the camp after me. Then Assassin spawned, he had the mask, I killed him and the other 2 spawns, logged to my Rogue, and saw the Assa Corpse decaying. downstairs I heared the Guy dying to some froglocks and then he went offline immidiatly. Ive made a petition, but someone in /ooc said to me I should make a post in the forum here as well. what can I do?

Moah I hate those people....

What's the decay time on mobs? 6-7 minutes? What stopped your rogue looting the corpse when it got to the 5 minute mark (and beyond)?

I totally sympathize with that camp, took my rogue 8 hours to get the assassin to spawn :/

Desch
05-10-2015, 09:44 AM
I remember that Swish guy. You was in Fippy Darkpaw.

Raszul
05-10-2015, 10:34 AM
Assassin spawned first of the three..I killed em all after each other..looted the cash and trash items of it, then logged to rogue..after logging in, I saw the Corpse decaying, and the other rogue dying down the ladder..mh

Kaezyr D`Shiv
05-10-2015, 10:49 AM
I think I know who this person is.... Saw his corpse near the ladder to the Ass.....

Lol, yeah Goon... if your talking about the barbarian corpse, name was Thevor. Goon I think my group last night helped you get your mask. Think I had 3 masks drop in my group last night. In only about a 3 hour span.

Roof, Tuffnuff, and Goondu grats on masks! Apologies to Korhilis... not sure what happened but you'll get yours in due time.

Anytime I can help make more Dark Elves and less halflings is always a good thing!! :D

Burrito
05-10-2015, 11:02 AM
Was he /roleplaying?

Champion_Standing
05-10-2015, 11:19 AM
GMs plz help this man

http://static1.demotix.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/a_scale_large/2200-0/photos/1373928700-justice-for-trayvon-martin-protest-held-at-american-embassy-in-london_2259570.jpg

Widan
05-10-2015, 11:28 AM
How is what he did against the rules exactly? He goes up there and sees some corpses with 0 players around since you logged out.

Raszul
05-10-2015, 11:48 AM
How is what he did against the rules exactly? He goes up there and sees some corpses with 0 players around since you logged out.

maybe because I talked to him 2 mins before that? he was asking me if I can help him, and I told him that I camp for the mask as well. Im a Necro so it should be clear that I have my Rogue there as well. I dont know if its anything against the rules what he did, Im here to find out. It was my camp, I killed him, and I said that Im after it.

And even if its not against the rules cuz I logged to my Rogue instead of looting it with the Necro (makes sense right)...what kind of a Person u must be, if u just Ninja loot while the camping person is logging to his Rogue eh?

Sadre Spinegnawer
05-10-2015, 12:21 PM
maybe because I talked to him 2 mins before that? he was asking me if I can help him, and I told him that I camp for the mask as well. Im a Necro so it should be clear that I have my Rogue there as well. I dont know if its anything against the rules what he did, Im here to find out. It was my camp, I killed him, and I said that Im after it.

And even if its not against the rules cuz I logged to my Rogue instead of looting it with the Necro (makes sense right)...what kind of a Person u must be, if u just Ninja loot while the camping person is logging to his Rogue eh?

Yeah, but maybe he has short term memory issues, and he himself, had no memory of just talking to you. I find it rather pathetic that in order to play this game you need to bully people with disabilities. Is the mask *that* important?

TEAM DEAD BARBARIAN NINJA LOOTING ROGUE SHORT TERM MEMORY ISSUES DUDE

Raszul
05-10-2015, 12:27 PM
Yeah, but maybe he has short term memory issues, and he himself, had no memory of just talking to you. I find it rather pathetic that in order to play this game you need to bully people with disabilities. Is the mask *that* important?

TEAM DEAD BARBARIAN NINJA LOOTING ROGUE SHORT TERM MEMORY ISSUES DUDE

it doesent matter what kind of item it is..I spend my time there camping something, and he knew what I was looking for, that simple. I dont want to start a heavy discuss here, I only posted it because in /ooc someone told me I have to in this case together with a petition.

Sadre Spinegnawer
05-10-2015, 12:42 PM
it doesent matter what kind of item it is..I spend my time there camping something, and he knew what I was looking for, that simple. I dont want to start a heavy discuss here, I only posted it because in /ooc someone told me I have to in this case together with a petition.

That player is actually well known among the veterans who play this game. He wanted to remember talking to you. But he didn't because he can't. See, while we were over here playing games, he was fighting to defend our right to play them. And he took an artillery shell to the head.

For the love of Pete, let the ninja looting barbarian rogue with short term memory issues due to fighting to defend our freedom have the mask.

azeth
05-10-2015, 12:45 PM

At the end of the day, you cannot loot a no drop item off a corpse of a mob that you didn't kill or have rights to. Whatever drops belongs to the killer/rights owner and whether it decays or not is 100% completely none of your concern.

rollin5k
05-10-2015, 12:57 PM
Each character should be a seperate entity since there is o boxing. If you wanted your rogue to loot u should've had grandma log in and group with u

Swish
05-10-2015, 01:21 PM
I remember that Swish guy. You was in Fippy Darkpaw.

no sir, wasn't me... I'm sure it brings a fuzzy feeling to everyone's heart to know there's a lot of Swish's out there :) <3

Ezalor
05-10-2015, 02:35 PM
is it technically against the rules to snipe some guy's mask once he logs on his alt? i don't know, but you're a shitbag if you do it

fiveeauxfour
05-10-2015, 02:54 PM
http://www.goodmeme.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/4c62dcdc-f8b0-4470-bee7-1f7c52f07521.gif

Clark
05-10-2015, 03:23 PM
That player is actually well known among the veterans who play this game. He wanted to remember talking to you. But he didn't because he can't. See, while we were over here playing games, he was fighting to defend our right to play them. And he took an artillery shell to the head.

For the love of Pete, let the ninja looting barbarian rogue with short term memory issues due to fighting to defend our freedom have the mask.

LOL

Goondux
05-11-2015, 12:13 AM
Lol, yeah Goon... if your talking about the barbarian corpse, name was Thevor. Goon I think my group last night helped you get your mask. Think I had 3 masks drop in my group last night. In only about a 3 hour span.

Roof, Tuffnuff, and Goondu grats on masks! Apologies to Korhilis... not sure what happened but you'll get yours in due time.

Anytime I can help make more Dark Elves and less halflings is always a good thing!! :D

Hi kaezyr,

I did not got a mask :(. Your grp almost wipe and CR and after that you guys call it a day.
After that another 2 nice person camped the Ass and I was there for another 5hrs and Ass did not spawn...

However I really really appreciate you, eskku and the others in the group although in the end I did not got it

Juryiel
05-11-2015, 02:17 AM
is it technically against the rules to snipe some guy's mask once he logs on his alt? i don't know, but you're a shitbag if you do it

It is against the rules to loot anything that you didn't kill without permission. Even if the person logs out or lets it rot, you still can't loot it. Of course if the person doesn't care it's fine but if he does like in this case, if there is evidence GMs will probably rule against him.

There is a petition forum to post this OP, not the general chat.

Tayy
05-11-2015, 02:48 AM
It is against the rules to loot anything that you didn't kill without permission. Even if the person logs out or lets it rot, you still can't loot it. Of course if the person doesn't care it's fine but if he does like in this case, if there is evidence GMs will probably rule against him.

Incorrect. There was a ruling on this not long ago that if you killed something and logged (i.e. Log to another char so you can loot said item) you forfeit loot rights.

This keeps someone from perma camping an item such as VP key parts and Ancient Cyclops rings etc. because you also can't corpse items using the same strategy.

If you are doing a camp like this for an item for another char you run the risk of someone else looting it unfortunately.

Juryiel
05-11-2015, 02:51 AM
Incorrect. There was a ruling on this not long ago that if you killed something and logged (i.e. Log to another char so you can loot said item) you forfeit loot rights.

This keeps someone from perma camping an item such as VP key parts and Ancient Cyclops rings etc. because you also can't corpse items using the same strategy.

If you are doing a camp like this for an item for another char you run the risk of someone else looting it unfortunately.

Maybe it's case-by-case but when I had someone recently loot an item from something I killed while I was switching toons, the item was returned to me by GMs quite promptly. Stuff like AC is handled these days by forcing the person camping to release the camp after one item drops regardless of who loots it.

BlkCamel
05-11-2015, 03:25 AM

I would double check this with a GM, because it has never been this way, even after the PNP rules update. You can log off and log on another char and loot the item, you do not lose loot rights because you log off. You can however lose camp rights if you log out or zone out, and I think you may be conflating these 2 policies.

Warning to those reading, you cannot loot someone else's kill without permission.:D

Widan
05-11-2015, 04:19 AM

There is a petition forum to post this OP, not the general chat.

By this logic you shouldn't be able to loot it on your alt either since he took no part in the kill. (Hint: this logic is wrong)

myriverse
05-11-2015, 06:44 AM
By this logic you shouldn't be able to loot it on your alt either since he took no part in the kill. (Hint: this logic is wrong)
Rights go to the player, not the character.

Swish
05-11-2015, 07:29 AM
The lawyering is strong in this thread. Is it time?

http://i.imgur.com/bO5sziy.gif

Frieza_Prexus
05-11-2015, 09:09 AM

Please link the ruling.

It is a deeply established precedent here that killing a mob entitles a player to the loot rights of that mob.

Widan
05-11-2015, 09:41 AM
Rights go to the player, not the character.

Impossible, as players have no way of knowing which person plays which characters so anyone could claim the loot that way.

Halius
05-11-2015, 09:58 AM

I'm pretty sure this in not correct. From what I read out of the ruling (what I recall at least) it was during an Ancient Cyclops dispute, they said the loot rights go to the player, meaning you CAN camp the mob and then log onto another toon to loot the item. However, you must then give up the camp, regardless of what character of yours looted it, you are only allowed to get 1 of that item if others are waiting in line. I'm not sure how this applies to the ass/sup camp, I just know that's what I saw for the AC camp.

Lady Julae
05-11-2015, 10:02 AM
. . . I killed him and the other 2 spawns, logged to my Rogue, and saw the Assa Corpse decaying. downstairs I heared the Guy dying to some froglocks and then he went offline immidiatly. Ive made a petition, but someone in /ooc said to me I should make a post in the forum here as well. what can I do? . . .

Why would you report him? He did nothing wrong. When you /logout you give up the camp and any loot rights.

Juryiel
05-11-2015, 10:05 AM
Impossible, as players have no way of knowing which person plays which characters so anyone could claim the loot that way.

It is trivial because since you won't get petitioned by yourself for looting your own item, nothing bad will happen. If the char that kills it petitions the char that loots it, then problems happen. If not, all is well.

Frieza_Prexus
05-11-2015, 10:18 AM
Why would you report him? He did nothing wrong. When you /logout you give up the camp and any loot rights.

Incorrect.

Please see this thread, specifically my post on page 19 (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1444939) & Eunomia's on page 18 (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1444873&postcount=177).

The ownership of looting rights does not expire until the corpse expires.

Logging off to switch characters does not forfeit these rights.

Logging off while claiming a camp forfeits the camp claim if no other party member continues a presence at the camp during that "log off" absence. If the person logging off with no other party member present returns prior to another player claiming the camp, they may reclaim the camp.

You may not agree with the server's rules and policies, but we would appreciate it if you do not mislead other players while voicing your opposition.
To reiterate because I typed it wrong and edited:

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1444888&postcount=180

Morticon
05-11-2015, 10:21 AM
I've been honoring the following from:
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1444873&postcount=177

Logging off while claiming a camp forfeits the camp claim if no other party member continues a presence at the camp during that "log off" absence. If the person logging off with no other party member present returns prior to another player claiming the camp, they may reclaim the camp.

Daldaen
05-11-2015, 10:22 AM
Interesting. A guildmate of mine swapped characters to loot something that was lore and he already had on that character, when he swapped over some level 1 toon had ninja'd the item and he was told when soloing you forfeit loots when you camp.

Lady Julae
05-11-2015, 10:28 AM
Incorrect.

Please see this thread, specifically my post on page 19 (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1444939) & Eunomia's on page 18 (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1444873&postcount=177).

Those rules only apply to raid and group kills. You may want to read again.

Halius
05-11-2015, 10:39 AM

Actually even though the post was about a group, the rule still states that if YOU (solo or a group) kill a mob, you have full rights to that mob until the corpse expires. Don't understand how that can be taken any other way, but lawyers will lawyer I guess.

Lady Julae
05-11-2015, 10:49 AM
Actually even though the post was about a group, the rule still states that if YOU (solo or a group) kill a mob, you have full rights to that mob until the corpse expires. Don't understand how that can be taken any other way, but lawyers will lawyer I guess.

"YOU" only have loot rights if you have a group to "hold" the camp or corpse for you. If you are solo, no one can do that. If you log out when solo, you give up your rights to everything. It's not even a grey area.

By your rational, I could solo claim the night sister camp before I log out and expect it to be free when I log in with my alt. The rules CLEARLY state, you need a group to hold a camp or a loot right for YOU, the person logging out. It has nothing to do with being a lawyer, it's just simple reading comprehension.

Halius
05-11-2015, 10:54 AM
"YOU" only have loot rights if you have a group to "hold" the camp or corpse for you. If you are solo, no one can do that. If you log out when solo, you give up your rights to everything. It's not even a grey area.

By your rational, I could solo claim the night sister camp before I log out and expect it to be free when I log in with my alt. The rules CLEARLY state, you need a group to hold a camp or a loot right for YOU, the person logging out. It has nothing to do with being a lawyer, it's just simple reading comprehension.

The problem here is you are confusing the CAMP and the KILL. If I kill a mob in a camp I have exclusive rights to that mobs loot. Should I camp out to loot those items on an alt, then yes I forfeit the camp. However, I am still the one that killed the mob, thus I still have rights to THAT loot. I didn't say all future loot, just the mob that I killed.

Frieza_Prexus
05-11-2015, 11:34 AM

Incorrect.

Each of Eunomia's points are independent of each other. Camps must be held while switching, however, corpses need not be held.

A person is awarded loot rights when they kill a mob. As per Eunomia, "logging off to switch characters does not forfeit these rights."

If your interpretation stood, no individual could ever loot a corpse they solo killed because they did not possess the rights. The only reasonable view is that individuals are also awarded loot rights upon killing a mob, and that "logging off to switch characters does not forfeit these rights."

This is how it has always been.

ctre
05-11-2015, 11:57 PM
Incorrect.

Each of Eunomia's points are independent of each other. Camps must be held while switching, however, corpses need not be held.

A person is awarded loot rights when they kill a mob. As per Eunomia, "logging off to switch characters does not forfeit these rights."

If your interpretation stood, no individual could ever loot a corpse they solo killed because they did not possess the rights. The only reasonable view is that individuals are also awarded loot rights upon killing a mob, and that "logging off to switch characters does not forfeit these rights."

This is how it has always been.

Correct .. :D:D:D

azeth
05-12-2015, 07:09 AM

you are 100% incorrect and please do not continue to further this point as it only leads to misinformation.

If i kill mob X, 100% of it's loot belongs to me and any character I choose to log to. I can choose to let it rot or loot it with a lvl 60 who doesnt need it, or a level 1 who cant use it.

The moment i log out, i no longer own mob X camp. I still own the corpse though.

azeth
05-12-2015, 07:10 AM
you are 100% incorrect and please do not continue to further this point as it only leads to misinformation.

If i kill mob X, 100% of its loot belongs to me and any character I choose to log to. I can choose to let it rot or loot it with a lvl 60 who doesnt need it, or a level 1 who cant use it.

The moment i log out, i no longer own mob X camp. I still own the corpse though.

azeth
05-12-2015, 07:10 AM

Uuruk
05-12-2015, 01:25 PM
You actually still own the camp.

Eunomia
05-12-2015, 02:12 PM

No

Yes

Yes

Interesting. A guildmate of mine swapped characters to loot something that was lore and he already had on that character, when he swapped over some level 1 toon had ninja'd the item and he was told when soloing you forfeit loots when you camp.

This ruling might have come into play.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1652719&postcount=9

Pretty clear-cut, and these exact rules have been around in one form or another for quite some time. I really need to compile a "Project 1999: Errata and other extraneous information" post to put all this stuff. For now, this will have to do:

Camp holder has the right to pass the camp to whoever he would like. However, and this is very important, two things must happen in order for this to be a legitimate hand-off:

1) The player being handed the camp must be present around the time the first placeholder spawns after the last holder of the camp has gotten his or her item in hand. The person handing off the camp must stay at the spawn until the next person in line arrives, if that person is on their way to take the camp. There is a little leeway here, and we refuse to set an exact timer on how long the placeholder can be up before the camp is forfeited, but in general it should never be for more than a couple minutes or so. We tend to give the benefit of the doubt to the person coming in to take the camp in these situations as CSR staff, so waiting a bit longer will never hurt. W

2) The person holding the camp cannot mislead you, or change his mind after telling you who is next. Something that no one ever does (and I will never understand why) is to specifically address the camp holder, asking who is next or if you can be next. The camp holder does need to reveal to you who the next intended camp holder is - if he doesn't, you may ask to be next and your claim will be valid unless he reveals the next person immediately. This person cannot change after the camp holder has "revealed" the next person to take the camp to you. It is an automatic forfeit if this occurs. If you ask to be the next camp holder and are told yes, the camp holder may not later retract or change this agreement and attempt to hand the camp off to someone else - it's yours once he has gotten his item or moved on from the camp.

Something else important to note about handing off camps - in particular, popular ones, but this applies to any camp that becomes contested. If you are solo camping, once you attain the item you were waiting for (an AC ring, for example) you are done camping that mob. The person coming to take the camp had better be prepared at this point in order to come eliminate the very next placeholder spawn in order to "stake his claim" on the mob. You cannot work wacky corpse lines on lore items in order to grab multiple items in the same "camp session" if there are others waiting to take the camp. Please be aware that we reserve the right to apply this same ruling to any camp if we deem it necessary, including camps with multiple players.

I consider a "camp session" 24 hours. So if I see you have looted the sought after lore item in the last 24 hours, you need to move on.

I feel for the GMs having to be extra careful what they say because of people like this who will quote them and dissect every word in every sentence.

If the above quote isn't the truth, I don't know what is.

It boggles my mind this is not clear:

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1444873&postcount=177

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57267

the group that is merited the kill has rights to the loot. If they don't grant you permission to loot the corpse, you are violating an individual server rule by ninja looting.

You may not agree with the server's rules and policies, but we would appreciate it if you do not mislead other players while voicing your opposition.

To reiterate because I typed it wrong and edited:

Eunomia
05-12-2015, 02:28 PM
You actually still own the camp.

In order to hold a camp, you must be actively killing placeholders/mobs within a reasonable amount of time after spawn.

Dying, zoning, or logging off (including LD) forfeits a camp.

If you return to the area before someone else arrives, you may reclaim by killing the placeholder/spawns.

If you return to the area and the placeholder/spawns have been killed by someone else, you have lost claim.

If you return and someone is there to contest, but the placeholder/spawns have not yet spawned, the placeholder / spawn is free for all / first to engage.

For definition of "camps" see the play nice policy here: https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132299

Glenzig
05-12-2015, 02:35 PM
In order to hold a camp, you must be actively killing placeholders/mobs within a reasonable amount of time after spawn.

If you return to the area before someone else arrives, you may reclaim by killing the placeholder/spawns.

If you return to the area and the placeholder/spawns have been killed by someone else, you have lost claim.

If you return and someone is there to contest, but the placeholder/spawns have not yet spawned, the placeholder / spawn is free for all / first to engage.

For definition of "camps" see the play nice policy here: https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132299
But what if I still wanted the camp?

Wrench
05-12-2015, 02:41 PM

just to be clear, so unless someone has been sitting afk without logging out or zoning for 6 hours, hadden is almost always fte?

Eunomia
05-12-2015, 03:00 PM
just to be clear, so unless someone has been sitting afk without logging out or zoning for 6 hours, hadden is almost always fte?

It's possible the camp was handed off from the previous person that killed the PH.

You're not going to know if they logged out, zoned, or died unless you are there. If you are there to see them log out, zone, or die, then yes it is FTE.

Don't rely on hunches, /who all , or word of mouth.

Kill-stealing is punishable.

Wrench
05-12-2015, 03:05 PM
It's possible the camp was handed off from the previous person that killed the PH.

You're not going to know if they logged out, zoned, or died unless you are there. If you are there to see them log out, zone, or die, then yes it is FTE.

Don't rely on hunches, /who all , or word of mouth.

Kill-stealing is punishable.

'in your opinion' should veltira's ban been upheld instead of being overturned?

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1856689&postcount=52

Eunomia
05-12-2015, 03:14 PM
Wrench, that is a red issue AND we only discuss accounts with owners. I am not even able to correct your misuse of the term ban.

Red rules are different, and I don't know them. I've made it clear I don't want to know them. Did you ever hear the advice, don't do something well unless you want to be stuck doing it permanently. I suck at Red petitions :)

I have read "if it can be solved with PvP, it should be" but I don't really know how that is applied.

Wrench
05-12-2015, 03:25 PM
Wrench, that is a red issue AND we only discuss accounts with owners. I am not even able to correct your misuse of the term ban.

Red rules are different, and I don't know them. I've made it clear I don't want to know them. Did you ever hear the advice, don't do something well unless you want to be stuck doing it permanently. I suck at Red petitions :)

I have read "if it can be solved with PvP, it should be" but I don't really know how that is applied.

the parties were oor of each other, rules revert to blue rules, that simple

fair enough on not answering, its a trap question anyhow

iruinedyourday
05-12-2015, 05:58 PM

the only petition you didnt say no to me, was on red.

Id say you are great at red petitions.

Eumonia is permenent read GM now! la~

:D

11bangbang
05-13-2015, 03:36 AM

you think its funny to make a mockery of the people who actually have been deployed, and received combat injuries? fucking loser.

katrik
05-13-2015, 03:43 AM
Camp rules so confusing. Glad we gots young lawyers.

azeth
05-13-2015, 08:13 AM
Camp rules so confusing. Glad we gots young lawyers.

I really disagree I think they're pretty clear.

On camps - Whoever FTEs the mob and keeps the mob down when it pops owns the camp.

On ownership - You lose ownership if you leave.

On camp lines - The current owner may pass the camp to whomever they choose and do not have to respect predetermined lines.

On loot - The camp owner owns 100% of the corpses of mobs they kill and may loot the corpse's contents on any character they choose.

You don't need to memorize any of that, as its perfectly logical.