PDA

View Full Version : bards-cap the swarm #

Grobb 1999
05-07-2015, 01:54 PM
Cap the number of mobs their songs hit, I'm sure we can find a number between what a normal everyday classic Bard could do and what I'm seeing on this server with a few bards griefing players by pulling half the zone across people's camps.

1- the stuff I watched in lake of ill omen is not classic. I played classic and the mechanics were different. I'm not quit sure how since I have not played a Bard on this server but they are different.

2- no class/player should be able to do shit that the entire zone is filing a petition on one person because he is effecting everyone's game play

3- it's a private server, all arguments for this nonsense are retarded.

Champion_Standing
05-07-2015, 02:07 PM
+1 for bard wipe

myriverse
05-07-2015, 02:17 PM
Just take their extras.

Ezalor
05-07-2015, 02:23 PM
i've never been affected by this since bards only really kite in 2-3 zones that are shitty zones for anyone that's not a bard

are you making a conscious decision to travel to a zone you know bards will be in just so you can get butthurt?

Aviann
05-07-2015, 02:28 PM
Just take their extras.

I got petitioned on my rogue for looting corpses within 15 seconds of them rotting while some bard kited in OT, and the GM took his side and told me if I kept on I'd be suspended. Pissy bards can suck a chode. Cool bards are cool though

Grobb 1999
05-07-2015, 02:45 PM
i've never been affected by this since bards only really kite in 2-3 zones that are shitty zones for anyone that's not a bard

are you making a conscious decision to travel to a zone you know bards will be in just so you can get butthurt?

You mean 2 zones almost every players hits while leveling or questing? LoIO and Overthere?

You keep derp'herping my crazy Dimond

Samoht
05-07-2015, 02:50 PM
Yeah, don't listen to Bobby Hill. Everybody goes to LOIO. Snack earrings and hidden bracers are too important to pass up. And then some people even come back in their 50s.

Ezalor
05-07-2015, 03:06 PM
LoIO has a negative experience modifier and ot is an awful option for leveling

yIkes

Wrench
05-07-2015, 03:10 PM
I got petitioned on my rogue for looting corpses within 15 seconds of them rotting while some bard kited in OT, and the GM took his side and told me if I kept on I'd be suspended. Pissy bards can suck a chode. Cool bards are cool though

if you didnt kill it, its not yours, they can let it rot and you dont have a right to shit

always been the rule follow the rules

KagatobLuvsAnimu
05-07-2015, 03:19 PM
ot is an awful option for leveling

yeahok.gif

golten
05-07-2015, 03:39 PM
fuck bards

ya....

i said it

indiscriminate_hater
05-07-2015, 03:41 PM
Cap the number of mobs their songs hit, I'm sure we can find a number between what a normal everyday classic Bard could do and what I'm seeing on this server with a few bards griefing players by pulling half the zone across people's camps.

1- the stuff I watched in lake of ill omen is not classic. I played classic and the mechanics were different. I'm not quit sure how since I have not played a Bard on this server but they are different.

2- no class/player should be able to do shit that the entire zone is filing a petition on one person because he is effecting everyone's game play

it's a private server, so all of your points are worthless. OP confirmed fat jelly undergeared druid who gets upset when people only tip him 25pp for a port. destined to join some low-level class R guild and think he's hot shit for landing a nuke on ixiblat fir

Oleris
05-07-2015, 03:43 PM
cap it at 150 mobs.

Glenzig
05-07-2015, 03:53 PM
cap it at 150 mobs.

They should just say that they capped it at some totally ridiculous number like that.
"Yeah we capped that at 200 mobs guys. Seriously."
I would love to see the threads after people inevitably tried to test the cap #.

Jimjam
05-07-2015, 03:55 PM

yIkesNah, LOIO is so awesome the negative modifier is a good thing as it means you can spend even longer there!!!(!)

Ravager
05-07-2015, 04:43 PM
Sol A > LOIO for both loot and exp. You'll load up on enough ore to cover whatever you might make on a bracer or ring if you're even lucky enough to get one. Not to mention Sol A has no bards and some decent gear.

Sarnak Earring of Station is trash that will wind up rotting in your bank once you realize you'd rather use those slots for HP/MR 99% of the time.

Lower Guk > OT for loot and exp. No bards and you can actually prepare yourself for end game zones like Seb.

If you're looking for easy stuff to quad or just kill a mob or two every few minutes so you can do chores while you're medding, there's a thousand better places than the shitty zones Bards use.

But none of this will matter in a few months.

Baler
05-07-2015, 04:46 PM
Bards ruin zones. If a bard is taking mobs from your camp report them.

+1 for banning all bards.

Samoht
05-07-2015, 04:57 PM
Sarnak Earring of Station is trash that will wind up rotting in your bank once you realize you'd rather use those slots for HP/MR 99% of the time.

Because every level 20 has enough money for Earring of Essence, right?

Ezalor
05-07-2015, 05:01 PM

the sarnaks that drop sarnak earring are casters

bards arent ae kiting them

Wrench
05-07-2015, 05:10 PM
the sarnaks that drop sarnak earring are casters

bards arent ae kiting them

doesnt matter if you resist all the spells

loio sarnak fort is a pretty common bard pl spot

Ezalor
05-07-2015, 05:11 PM
got any prof of dat?

Wrench
05-07-2015, 05:11 PM
got any prof of dat?

sure buddy, lemme go dig it up for ya

Samoht
05-07-2015, 05:12 PM
ask zander. i've ran into that piece of shit pulling the entire fort more than once.

Tasslehofp99
05-07-2015, 05:27 PM
You mean 2 zones almost every players hits while leveling or questing? LoIO and Overthere?

I never leveled in either of these zones on p99 because I learned during live that they are the shittiest exp spots for their respective level ranges.

You know you can just pick mobs off of bards kites right? They aren't allowed to monopolize entire zones or areas of zones, this is against the PNP.

Ravager
05-07-2015, 05:28 PM

Nope. But every level 20 has enough plat for an Alligator Tooth Earring which I'd wear over a Sarnak Earring of Station.

Diamondine Earrings and Platinum Bloodstone Earrings are attainable, especially if you're not wasting time camping some shit earring that's ultimately going to rot in your bank and instead spend your time in zones that don't suck for loot and exp.

Hell, you could camp Gargoyles and Mammoths for the levels you'd spend in LOIO chasing that trash and get yourself Earring of Essence and Black Sapphire Earring and have enough left over for other shit. Waste that time in LOIO and you'd be lucky to see one earring drop.

Samoht
05-07-2015, 05:29 PM
Someone sounds salty. Are you upset that you never got a pair?

Ravager
05-07-2015, 05:31 PM
Someone sounds salty. Are you upset that you never got a pair?

I'm salty I wasted my time and they're wasting two slots in my bank.

katrik
05-07-2015, 05:54 PM
Go level somewhere else. So tired of seeing this shit, and nobody is going to change it.

Pringles
05-07-2015, 06:08 PM

MaCtastic
05-07-2015, 06:28 PM
I don't get it.. If you don't like it just PvP them. Oh, come to Red, we do t have this problem.

jarshale
05-07-2015, 06:31 PM
Will continue to swarm, no fucks given.

zanderklocke
05-07-2015, 06:50 PM
ask zander. i've ran into that piece of shit pulling the entire fort more than once.

Again, I asked you in the last thread if I could reimburse you for any trouble I evidently caused in the past, but you never sent me a forums message?

Let me know if you want to be reimbursed for whatever I did or if you can give me the names of others I need to reimburse for problems I might have caused.

Champion_Standing
05-07-2015, 07:47 PM
Bards ruin zones. If a bard is taking mobs from your camp report them.

+1 for banning all bards.

Why wait? Petition as soon as you see them on /who

Tiggles
05-07-2015, 07:53 PM
If you level in OT or LOIO and your not being PLd or maaayybe quading bloodgills then your a fucking horrible player.

Level in dungeons better xp loot and no bards. Plus it makes you a better player.

Rararboker
05-07-2015, 11:38 PM
I'll have to agree here. LoIo and OT are trash all around. Wasted time lvling there myself until someone clued me in on better spots. Which people in this thread have already done. Take the advice and profit.

Or sit here and whine. I'll make sure greengrocer drops off some cheese.

Colgate
05-08-2015, 03:37 AM
nothing gets my nostalgia going like leveling in OT and LoIO to simulate being ignorant as fuck about this game

shit's classic

Secrets
05-08-2015, 04:17 AM
not
classic

applesauce25r624
05-08-2015, 04:43 AM
they see me swarmin'

they hatin'

Pookieson
05-08-2015, 06:28 AM
Yea, umm, if you think OT and LOIO are great xp you suck at life. Go to an old world dungeon until you can go to CoM at 40. Lguk, Unrest, Mistmoore, Highkeep; these are epic xp dungeons, and will actually challenge you as a player and prepare you for shit like KC and Seb, where you will be worthless if youve done nothing but fight in a wide open field with little consequence for shitty pulls, etc. Man up.

And on the topic of bards, there are literally a handful of zones that they can do that in, and as stated above, they suck for group XPing. Go to a dungeon. Or, stop whining. You are literally causing problems for no reason, in my opinion, youre in their stomping ground causing problems. They have the right away.

YendorLootmonkey
05-08-2015, 07:24 AM
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/forum.html?forum=1&mid=10850025886627980#5

They first introduced the concept of chase range with the Kunark expansion. I remember on a couple occasions, having to just camp out in LoIO back then because somehow I'd gotten social agro to spread to most of the goblins in the zone. Since they wander around, what was happening was that at random intervals 2-3 goblins would suddeny appear on a hillside makeing a run straight towards me. It *really* sucks when this happens, and will eventually lead to a wipe if you don't take steps to clear agro (zone or camp).

katrik
05-08-2015, 01:14 PM
If they banned bard kiting, that would probably be the nail in the coffin for me. Not like I log on much anyway. =/

citizen1080
05-08-2015, 01:34 PM
Let me summarize every bard thread.

"Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah"

Yours Truly

Bob the Bard

bktroost
05-08-2015, 02:25 PM
I think it's really unfair that my mage can't heal like clerics can. It effects everyone at the raid when we are trying to kill a target and my mage can't do a CH like a cleric can. If only the clerics would just go away then I wouldn't have to worry about all that healing craziness and be reminded that I can't do it...because i'm not a cleric. You know, clerics should have to solo with a pet like me. GMs, can you please tell these clerics that if they don't start using their pets to solo then I'm going to petition them. It's really unfair that the cleric class makes it possible to kill raid targets and my mage class can't do that.

Champion_Standing
05-08-2015, 02:45 PM
If they banned bard kiting, that would probably be the nail in the coffin for me. Not like I log on much anyway. =/

Well now we wouldn't want someone who barely plays here to quit would we.

mutonizer
05-08-2015, 03:03 PM
Simple really.

If a bard does it but doesn't bother anyone and/or is careful with other players, who cares really.
If a bard does it and someone has a problem with it, ask the bard to stop. This should be the first option for anyone having issues with it to limit GM/guide work: talking first.
If a bard does it, refuses to listen and basically doesn't care, petition him to get him suspended/banned.

The current server rules already consider swarm kitting (by default, even if the bard is alone in the zone), as zone disruption ("Monopolizing/Engaging/Occupying most or all of the mobs in a non-raid area. This can be with or without intent to kill." (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2651)) so if you have a problem, just petition to get him suspended/banned via the report forum (since logs need to be checked), just like you would someone who's training you on purpose.

Osyruz
05-08-2015, 04:47 PM

http://i61.tinypic.com/1h43v5.png

Teeroyoyort
05-08-2015, 05:04 PM
I'd love to see them put in a cap.
This is what will happen after the cap.
Bard pulls, and takes 20min longer to kill spawns.
Forum rages why a cap was put in.

citizen1080
05-08-2015, 05:05 PM
http://i61.tinypic.com/1h43v5.png

this is pure gold..stealing it for later use.

loramin
05-08-2015, 10:08 PM
Is LOIO a terrible zone? Of course.

Can you use better zones and level on P99 without ever even seeing a bard? Yes, and you should.

Can you use terrible zones like LOIO and petition bards that are a problem? Yes, and you should (petition bards, not use terrible zones).

But let's not forget: this server is all about nostalgia. Everyone knows bards weren't like this on live, and if P99 really is about re-creating classic EverQuest then it doesn't matter how terrible of a zone LOIO is, bard kiting should still be fixed.

Pokesan
05-08-2015, 10:28 PM
Again, I asked you in the last thread if I could reimburse you for any trouble I evidently caused in the past, but you never sent me a forums message?

Let me know if you want to be reimbursed for whatever I did or if you can give me the names of others I need to reimburse for problems I might have caused.

I don't like you. Can I have some money please?

zanderklocke
05-08-2015, 10:55 PM
I don't like you. Can I have some money please?

Sure. PM your character's name and when a good time to meet up is.

radda
05-09-2015, 01:07 AM
Or sit here and whine. I'll make sure greengrocer drops off some cheese.

http://media.giphy.com/media/5xtDartpELLnXKkhytW/giphy.gif

Dbin
05-09-2015, 04:48 PM
But let's not forget: this server is all about nostalgia. Everyone knows bards weren't like this on live, and if P99 really is about re-creating classic EverQuest then it doesn't matter how terrible of a zone LOIO is, bard kiting should still be fixed.
So did bards just not do it or is there some substantive difference between the game versions that allows it?

And in regard to making it as classic-like as possible, pretty sure I could drop coins back then.

Shaniril
05-10-2015, 11:24 AM

multiple characters, 3 years of playing on p99... not once have I leveled in these two zones. They are terrible areas an you are a terrible person for trying to exp in them.

#FreeTheSwarm

bktroost
05-12-2015, 01:45 PM
It's the same argument for chardok aoe. Why in the world would anyone legitimately be in that zone to group xp? Chardok aoe is the best exp in the game and made that zone's mob population relevant. There are zones that are good for certain things and classes that have certain niches. Let's let skilled players do their thing. It's a perfect match.

mutonizer
05-12-2015, 02:54 PM
It's the same argument for chardok aoe. Why in the world would anyone legitimately be in that zone to group xp? Chardok aoe is the best exp in the game and made that zone's mob population relevant. There are zones that are good for certain things and classes that have certain niches. Let's let skilled players do their thing. It's a perfect match.

Explore, get some loot for themselves, chill out, whatever they want really.

Personally have no problem with Chardok AE or Bard swarming, to each his own, but the moment these impact other people in any way shape or form, these (AE and Swarming) are the ones who need to give way, no matter the reason, since they are the ones creating the issue in the first place.
If it can be worked out by simple dialog, then fine, but if it can't, Swarm or Chardok AE need to gtfo or get petitioned. Easy.

Wrench
05-12-2015, 03:08 PM
Why in the world would anyone legitimately be in that zone to group xp?

dont care about chardok or bard aoe, but stop with the bullshit

chardok is like 1 of maybe 3 55-60 groupable dungeons in game right now, and same zem as seb and hs, dont be fucking stupids and say why would anyone xp there

Rararboker
05-12-2015, 03:15 PM
When AE isn't happening the zone is still empty. Before AE started zone was empty.

Don't see how that statement is 'stupid'. Calling it stupid is actually pretty stupid.

Wrench
05-12-2015, 03:23 PM
When AE isn't happening the zone is still empty. Before AE started zone was empty.

Don't see how that statement is 'stupid'. Calling it stupid is actually pretty stupid.

perhaps people dont group there because the culture has changed? i grouped there on p99 back before it became popular to aoe there, i think maybe when sf aoe was a thing

i grouped there back in classic, and groups happen there on red all the time

perhaps you havent been here long enough, seen enough, or are just stupid yourself, not sure

Daena
05-18-2015, 06:06 AM
I don't know why people say OT is terrible. Sure exp there is far from good, but consider the following:

Many higher level players have OT hammers, thus there's constant influx of them. It lets new wizards and druids make cash selling ports. It's a great place to quad and do animal charm exp. You will often have high level clerics rezzing for free or some small fee.

I have leveled my druid there 34-45 quickly, made decent cash selling ports, and I nearly always had c1/c2. When I died there usually was a rez.
Now good luck getting a PuG for a place like Sol A, especially if you play not-so-wanted class.

As for bards I surely never seen them pull entire zones on live. Just never happened. However I'm fine with them as long as they don't play like an asshole.

Rararboker
05-18-2015, 10:02 AM
perhaps people dont group there because the culture has changed? i grouped there on p99 back before it became popular to aoe there, i think maybe when sf aoe was a thing

i grouped there back in classic, and groups happen there on red all the time

perhaps you havent been here long enough, seen enough, or are just stupid yourself, not sure

There have been several occasions on p99 where chardok AoE wasn't possible. Once or twice because pathing code was changed. Once or twice because resist code was changed. On all of these occasions there was still no normal groups in chardok. So I am not sure what you're talking about.

Pretty sure that doesn't mean I am stupid. Likely means you are though. That or you're just completely clueless.

JonnyX
05-18-2015, 10:24 AM
Lol... Will these threads ever stop? Half the server is outta control these days with the bard hate. I have literally zoned into places un-anon before and instantly been petitioned...by people I have never met, know nothing about me, what I am doing there, if I am even a powerleveler, etc... FFS people, have a little common courtesy to at least shoot these bards a tell or something before you just petition them.

If they are going to cap bards swarms, its whatev. First try making it so players accounts only get 1 petition per month so they are forced to actually speak to people first instead of just being a d-bag though. Granted there are gonna be some bards who are just chumps, but most aren't and will work something out. Also, give the bard at LEAST 5-10min to respond. If you are pissed they took "to many mobs" and wanna try to come to an agreement, give them a minute to respond because they generally can't type in the middle of a swarm.

Champion_Standing
05-18-2015, 10:44 AM
Lol... Will these threads ever stop? Half the server is outta control these days with the bard hate. I have literally zoned into places un-anon before and instantly been petitioned...by people I have never met, know nothing about me, what I am doing there, if I am even a powerleveler, etc... FFS people, have a little common courtesy to at least shoot these bards a tell or something before you just petition them.

If they are going to cap bards swarms, its whatev. First try making it so players accounts only get 1 petition per month so they are forced to actually speak to people first instead of just being a d-bag though. Granted there are gonna be some bards who are just chumps, but most aren't and will work something out. Also, give the bard at LEAST 5-10min to respond. If you are pissed they took "to many mobs" and wanna try to come to an agreement, give them a minute to respond because they generally can't type in the middle of a swarm.

I'm glad people are petitioning you, you sound like an entitled douche.

JonnyX
05-18-2015, 11:08 AM
I'm glad people are petitioning you, you sound like an entitled douche.

Entitled douche for thinking people can sort things out before crying to GM's? I'm sorry, I forgot the level of maturity on p99.

Champion_Standing
05-18-2015, 12:21 PM
Entitled douche for thinking people can sort things out before crying to GM's? I'm sorry, I forgot the level of maturity on p99.

Entitled douche for thinking you can engage in anti social behavior and demand that others take the responsibility for dealing with it on terms that you find ideal.

Maybe you wouldn't have so many problems with it if you didn't engage in the anti social behavior in the first place, but I guess that conclusion would be expecting too much from a P99 Bard.

indiscriminate_hater
05-18-2015, 12:25 PM
Entitled douche for thinking you can engage in anti social behavior and demand that others take the responsibility for dealing with it on terms that you find ideal.

Maybe you wouldn't have so many problems with it if you didn't engage in the anti social behavior in the first place, but I guess that conclusion would be expecting too much from a P99 Bard.

calls someone out for anti-social behavior

calls someone a douchebag on a forum for a 16 year old elf simulator

GG bro. PS everyone should deal with it. bards are capable of killing hundreds of mobs simultaneously and other classes are not.

Champion_Standing
05-18-2015, 12:29 PM
calls someone out for anti-social behavior

calls someone a douchebag on a forum for a 16 year old elf simulator

GG bro. PS everyone should deal with it. bards are capable of killing hundreds of mobs simultaneously and other classes are not.

I never called anyone a douchebag, l2read

indiscriminate_hater
05-18-2015, 12:32 PM
good comeback

Champion_Standing
05-18-2015, 12:34 PM
good comeback

TY, how many times did you refresh waiting for it?

indiscriminate_hater
05-18-2015, 12:36 PM
question: what is the class of your main?

Glenzig
05-18-2015, 12:54 PM

You should really send a tell to everyone in zone and ask if its cool if you kite a reasonable amount of mobs. If even one person has a problem with it, leave and come back when the zone is empty. If the zone is never empty, you should try finding a group with people who have an innate aversion to any class with a penalty that isn't completely optimal for their desired grinding local.

Nirgon
05-18-2015, 01:10 PM
There's such a thing as karma for being a shit face here

Who knows, one day your guild will fracture and most of your pals get into the new top guild but you were such a scumbag to certain other people with high holdings... you don't make the cut into the new merger

Rep matters, just be absolutely certain what bridges you burn are for the right reasons and not just completely motivated by greed and ego

Be men about it, even if there isn't a rule forcing you

Champion_Standing
05-18-2015, 01:17 PM
You should really send a tell to everyone in zone and ask if its cool if you kite a reasonable amount of mobs. If even one person has a problem with it, leave and come back when the zone is empty. If the zone is never empty, you should try finding a group with people who have an innate aversion to any class with a penalty that isn't completely optimal for their desired grinding local.

That works.

indiscriminate_hater
05-18-2015, 01:25 PM
That works.

you sound a druid that's floundering somewhere in the mid-50s and is finally starting to realize how worthless you are as a player and a class

Champion_Standing
05-18-2015, 01:35 PM
you sound a druid that's floundering somewhere in the mid-50s and is finally starting to realize how worthless you are as a player and a class

I'm just here to call out the whiner bards who act like they are the victims. You are way too immersed bro.

Troubled
05-18-2015, 02:10 PM
Fuck all non-bards and their outdoor leveling desires.

kaev
05-18-2015, 02:38 PM
I don't know why people say OT is terrible. Sure exp there is far from good, but consider the following:

Many higher level players have OT hammers, thus there's constant influx of them. It lets new wizards and druids make cash selling ports. It's a great place to quad and do animal charm exp. You will often have high level clerics rezzing for free or some small fee.

I have leveled my druid there 34-45 quickly, made decent cash selling ports, and I nearly always had c1/c2. When I died there usually was a rez.
Now good luck getting a PuG for a place like Sol A, especially if you play not-so-wanted class.

As for bards I surely never seen them pull entire zones on live. Just never happened. However I'm fine with them as long as they don't play like an asshole.

You take that rational & sensible commentary the right the fucking hell out of RnF and don't you dare ever bring it back! Damn kids these days...

Ezalor
05-18-2015, 02:53 PM
if you insist on bad XP you can still quad or animal charm in OT since bards don't pull rhinos etc

JonnyX
05-18-2015, 03:12 PM
I'm just here to call out the whiner bards who act like they are the victims. You are way too immersed bro.

This guy...says bards are the whining victims, yet who are the people making these posts every other week?

Back to what i was saying earlier before you twisted it to fit your own prerogative. If bards are swarming, send em a tell, if they dont respond in a few minutes or just tell you to screw off, petition them. All I am saying is act like a decent human being and talk to them first because chances are, they are just as decent and will back off your camp/area you're at. Nothing worse than swarming a nearly empty zone, people show up (bard doesnt notice), suddenly people are whining in OOC or petitioning before the bard even knows wtf is going on. If they continue to kite/swarm/ruin your camps/etc with total disregard to your day, petition away. 90% are cool enough to back off though.

Champion_Standing
05-18-2015, 03:38 PM
This guy...says bards are the whining victims, yet who are the people making these posts every other week?

Back to what i was saying earlier before you twisted it to fit your own prerogative. If bards are swarming, send em a tell, if they dont respond in a few minutes or just tell you to screw off, petition them. All I am saying is act like a decent human being and talk to them first because chances are, they are just as decent and will back off your camp/area you're at. Nothing worse than swarming a nearly empty zone, people show up (bard doesnt notice), suddenly people are whining in OOC or petitioning before the bard even knows wtf is going on. If they continue to kite/swarm/ruin your camps/etc with total disregard to your day, petition away. 90% are cool enough to back off though.

Are you finished now? I want to give you the opportunity to continue your whiney victim party before I start shit taking you again.

dafier
05-18-2015, 04:11 PM
if you didnt kill it, its not yours, they can let it rot and you dont have a right to shit

always been the rule follow the rules

I do not believe that. There is a reason a mob opens to FFA loot after a period of time. The Devs did that. If you don't want your stuff looted, simply tell the person once. If they don't listen, screen cap, petition and get the person in trouble.

If they listen, then all good.

The other day a bard was kiting in FV with a druid. Level 40, 41 and 42. All within a VERY short period of time. The mass amounts of Drovargs...it was crazy. All druid did was loot everything. It was a good way to avoid that situation. :)

dafier
05-18-2015, 04:13 PM
My only complaint is the bard was a douche and kept trying to kite his mobs on the cliffs where I and others were. I guess he was hoping to get people killed? I don't know. There was absolutely no reason for him to do that.

Champion_Standing
05-18-2015, 04:26 PM
My only complaint is the bard was a douche and kept trying to kite his mobs on the cliffs where I and others were. I guess he was hoping to get people killed? I don't know. There was absolutely no reason for him to do that.

Well it's definitely your fault for exping outdoors, not announcing your intent to exp in the zone, and not sending said bard a tell and allowing him at least 10 minutes to respond.

Better make an alt to sit in those zones so that before you travel there you can log in and talk to any bards swarming first. Don't forget they need that extra time to respond so you'll need to dedicate at least 30 mins before you start exping outdoors to negotiating with bards, possibly over an hour if there is more than one bard to talk to.

Ezalor
05-18-2015, 04:30 PM
Well it's definitely your fault for exping outdoors, not announcing your intent to exp in the zone, and not sending said bard a tell and allowing him at least 10 minutes to respond.

Better make an alt to sit in those zones so that before you travel there you can log in and talk to any bards swarming first. Don't forget they need that extra time to respond so you'll need to dedicate at least 30 mins before you start exping outdoors to negotiating with bards, possibly over an hour if there is more than one bard to talk to.

Who Posted?
Total Thread Posts: 83
Champion_Standing: 11

yikes

kaev
05-18-2015, 04:32 PM
I do not believe that. There is a reason a mob opens to FFA loot after a period of time. The Devs did that. If you don't want your stuff looted, simply tell the person once. If they don't listen, screen cap, petition and get the person in trouble.

The other day a bard was kiting in FV with a druid. Level 40, 41 and 42. All within a VERY short period of time. The mass amounts of Drovargs...it was crazy. All druid did was loot everything. It was a good way to avoid that situation. :)

You are mistaken. P99 rules on loot are not identical to EQ back in the day. Here, if you kill the mob the loot belongs to you, regardless whether it's Trakanon or an orc pawn. If you bother to take the time and search the forums you will find multiple posts by the GMs confirming that policy, IIRC the most recent was by Eunomia to a thread here in RnF. Unless the soloer/group/raidleader who killed it allows you, looting any mob's corpse is petitionable. #saveourclothcapsfromninjalooters

Champion_Standing
05-18-2015, 04:39 PM
Who Posted?
Total Thread Posts: 83
Champion_Standing: 11

yikes

Make that 12 chump, ya get a job yet?

JonnyX
05-18-2015, 04:46 PM
Are you finished now? I want to give you the opportunity to continue your whiney victim party before I start shit taking you again.

A man with zero ability to rationalize kindergarten level reasoning. Why so salty bro? Was it a bard? I bet a bard had something to do with it...

Haynar
05-18-2015, 04:49 PM

If you did not kill it, do not loot it.

If it decays, that is the choice of the person who killed it.

If you loot kills that are not yours, without permission, that is ninja looting. Which is a bannable offense.

Those are the rules.

Haynar

Champion_Standing
05-18-2015, 04:50 PM
A man with zero ability to rationalize kindergarten level reasoning. Why so salty bro? Was it a bard? I bet a bard had something to do with it...

Please write us another novel about why you deserve to be treated differently than everyone else.

indiscriminate_hater
05-18-2015, 04:53 PM
champ you're awfully defensive for someone who believes himself to be right

Ezalor
05-18-2015, 04:55 PM
ya get a job yet?

Posts Today by Champion_Standing

Today, 05:49 AM
Today, 07:44 AM
Today, 09:21 AM
Today, 09:29 AM
Today, 09:34 AM
Today, 10:17 AM
Today, 10:35 AM
Today, 11:26 AM
Today, 11:38 AM
Today, 12:01 PM
Today, 12:38 PM
Today, 01:26 PM
Today, 01:39 PM
Today, 01:50 PM

yikes

Champion_Standing
05-18-2015, 05:38 PM
Posts Today by Champion_Standing

Today, 05:49 AM
Today, 07:44 AM
Today, 09:21 AM
Today, 09:29 AM
Today, 09:34 AM
Today, 10:17 AM
Today, 10:35 AM
Today, 11:26 AM
Today, 11:38 AM
Today, 12:01 PM
Today, 12:38 PM
Today, 01:26 PM
Today, 01:39 PM
Today, 01:50 PM

yikes

In between those posts I gave the go ahead on about $18 million in investment loans for one of the largest banks in the nation. Yikes, What did you do today?

Tann
05-18-2015, 05:44 PM
In between those posts I gave the go ahead on about $18 million in investment loans for one of the largest banks in the nation. Yikes, What did you do today?

#Youngprofessional

Champion_Standing
05-18-2015, 05:47 PM
champ you're awfully defensive for someone who believes himself to be right

Bad, 0/10.

Champion_Standing
05-18-2015, 05:48 PM
#Youngprofessional

#20yearoldphdstuntpilot

waffel
05-18-2015, 06:02 PM
Holy shit is this kid for real? If you're balling so hard at work why are you wasting your time here?

Maybe you should put your amazing professional drive to work at not being a jackass, or maybe a girlfriend.

Champion_Standing
05-18-2015, 06:10 PM
Holy shit is this kid for real? If you're balling so hard at work why are you wasting your time here?

Maybe you should put your amazing professional drive to work at not being a jackass, or maybe a girlfriend.

All i did was call one guy out for being entitled expecting that everyone else should go through an involved process just to make sure they aren't inconveniencing him when he gets petitioned for taking over an entire zone and you all got rustled as fuck.

Also was a relatively slow day at work, never claimed to be balling just to have a real job. Sorry if I upset you kiddo, it will be alright.

Champion_Standing
05-18-2015, 06:13 PM
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/f2/f2fcf69b8f2753a4ec6aeb3c4c693c771e6cbe07b04892a184 efdc502843edb8.jpg

My gift to you bards.

Tann
05-18-2015, 06:18 PM
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/f2/f2fcf69b8f2753a4ec6aeb3c4c693c771e6cbe07b04892a184 efdc502843edb8.jpg

My gift to you bards.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Drums_of_the_Beast
http://wiki.project1999.com/Immaculate_Shell_Horn

[Kiting Intensifies]

indiscriminate_hater
05-18-2015, 06:43 PM

this is gearing up to be one of the best meltdowns RnF has seen in a while. inb4 "i troll you lolol"

Glenzig
05-18-2015, 06:54 PM

I own the bank you work for. I've told you like 10 times in the past month to quit posting on the p99 forums and get to work!

Champion_Standing
05-18-2015, 06:54 PM
this is gearing up to be one of the best meltdowns RnF has seen in a while. inb4 "i troll you lolol"

Immersion levels off the charts

melting down in next post

Champion_Standing
05-18-2015, 07:00 PM
fuck i forgot "i troll you lolol"

Rararboker
05-18-2015, 10:16 PM
Well, that escalated quickly.

Haynar
05-18-2015, 10:51 PM
Boring.

Champion_Standing
05-18-2015, 11:06 PM
Boring.

citizen1080
05-19-2015, 12:30 AM
wtb thread tags - paying with donuts and or kaga's virginity - pst

iruinedyourday
05-19-2015, 02:58 AM
Let's keep this going plz

Luniz
05-19-2015, 10:31 AM
red server you can attack the bard

or u can sit on blue and watch them run around you with entire zone and wait

Tulnavara
05-19-2015, 10:40 AM
red server you can attack the bard

or u can sit on blue and watch them run around you with entire zone and wait

On either server you shouldn't be leveling in OT or LOIO either way.

Faron
05-19-2015, 01:11 PM
always special when nerds try to one up everyone by citing their prowess as a cubicle dweller.

dafier
05-19-2015, 01:27 PM
You are mistaken. P99 rules on loot are not identical to EQ back in the day. Here, if you kill the mob the loot belongs to you, regardless whether it's Trakanon or an orc pawn. If you bother to take the time (sarcastic) and search the forums you will find multiple posts by the GMs confirming that policy, IIRC the most recent was by Eunomia to a thread here in RnF. Unless the soloer/group/raidleader who killed it allows you, looting any mob's corpse is petitionable. #saveourclothcapsfromninjalooters

Thanks for the correction and no thanks for the sarcasm.

daasgoot
05-19-2015, 01:27 PM
got any prof of dat?

http://i.imgur.com/n4s9kWQ.jpg

dafier
05-19-2015, 01:28 PM
If you did not kill it, do not loot it.

If it decays, that is the choice of the person who killed it.

If you loot kills that are not yours, without permission, that is ninja looting. Which is a bannable offense.

Those are the rules.

Haynar

Copy that.

nyclin
05-19-2015, 01:33 PM
saying that people shouldn't level in OT or LOIO if they don't want to be harassed by bards is literally the same as saying that a sexually liberated woman was "asking for it" when she gets raped

daasgoot
05-19-2015, 01:35 PM
yea guys, 16yr old elf sim mobs same as RL rape

duh

nyclin
05-19-2015, 01:38 PM

duh

victim shaming is the same no matter what form it comes in, have some respect

daasgoot
05-19-2015, 01:40 PM
victim shaming is the same no matter what form it comes in, have some respect

RL rape against the PNP

Bard Kiting is not

dealwithit.jpg

nyclin
05-19-2015, 01:41 PM
RL rape against the PNP

Bard Kiting is not

dealwithit.jpg

actually RL rape isn't against the PNP

daasgoot
05-19-2015, 01:48 PM
o Sexual Abuse or Harassment - untoward and/or unwelcome advances of a graphic and sexual nature. This includes, but is not limited to, virtual rape, overt sexual overtures, and stalking of a sexual nature.

Clearly states no sexual abuse in PNP

nyclin
05-19-2015, 02:05 PM
bard kiting is literally virtual rape, therefore it is against the PNP

Bilbik
05-19-2015, 02:43 PM

duh

I see this type of insult a lot of these forums, so maybe you can explain it to me.

Why does it matter that this game is an elf sim or that it's 16 years old? Are pixels in new games more precious to people versus "old" pixels?

Champion_Standing
05-19-2015, 02:55 PM
bard kiting is literally virtual rape, therefore it is against the PNP

Jfertal
05-19-2015, 03:17 PM
prior to the nerf of Mortal Coil on live, the tears were so delicious.

andrew23
05-19-2015, 03:20 PM
Really it's just jealousy, as a 54 bard I know it's very difficult to kite every mob in the Zone, trust me I have tried hundreds of times. It may be a bit slower when bards are around, but so is GUKTOP during peak hours. You're just jealous when you us mowing down nearly a hundred mobs in the time you kill 8. So the real bad guy here is your parents and their inability to teach you how to cope with jealousy. Not bards...

Champion_Standing
05-19-2015, 03:21 PM
Really it's just jealousy, as a 54 bard I know it's very difficult to kite every mob in the Zone, trust me I have tried hundreds of times. It may be a bit slower when bards are around, but so is GUKTOP during peak hours. You're just jealous when you us mowing down nearly a hundred mobs in the time you kill 8. So the real bad guy here is your parents and their inability to teach you how to cope with jealousy. Not bards...

Thanks for clearing that up for us professor. Tell us more about your mother.

andrew23
05-19-2015, 03:23 PM
She's a saint

Champion_Standing
05-19-2015, 03:28 PM
Is she hot?

kaev
05-19-2015, 03:29 PM

Yes, we can see how you were jealous enough of bards that you "have tried hundreds of times" to measure up to the idols of your envy. Has it occurred to you that if your failed attempt to generalize from that single case were actually true there would be 1800 bards logged on simultaneously at peak times?

andrew23
05-19-2015, 03:34 PM
Apparently your assuming that everyone suffers from Bard envy. I didn't suggest that at all, I just stated that those who find the topic angering enough to come on RNF and post (for the 900th time) might suffer from some sort of envy. And my first and main character was a bard so your accusation doesn't stand. But even if I did make a bard due to seeing something I liked, and wanted to emulate. That's a better response than be a whinning bitch about it.

kaev
05-19-2015, 03:44 PM
Apparently your assuming that everyone suffers from Bard envy. I didn't suggest that at all, I just stated that those who find the topic angering enough to come on RNF and post (for the 900th time) might suffer from some sort of envy. And my first and main character was a bard so your accusation doesn't stand. But even if I did make a bard due to seeing something I liked, and wanted to emulate. That's a better response than be a whinning bitch about it.

Really? Here's your post, quoted in its entirety again:

Retcon failure, try again. Or better yet, don't. Your self-serving :umadbro: counter-whines are just as ignorant and entitled as those of the bard-haters.

andrew23
05-19-2015, 03:55 PM
Thats a great perspective. However my counter whines are warranted after 13 pages of bullshittery. I never stated I was above whinning. After a few years of the same rants and flames of bard bitching. I decided to jump in. Which doesnt make any of my points any less valid.

nyclin
05-19-2015, 04:13 PM
I sexually Identify as a Kiting Bard. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the Overthere dropping hot sticky trains on disgusting Druids sitting at the Skyfire zoneline. People say to me that a person being a Kiting Bard is Impossible and I'm fucking retarded but I don't care, I'm beautiful. I'm having a plastic surgeon install 8 spell slots, a Lute of the Howler and Singing Short Swords on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me "Zandercocke" and respect my right to kite every fucking mob in your zone. If you can't accept me you're a bardiphobe and need to check your mobcount privilege. Thank you for being so understanding.

Champion_Standing
05-19-2015, 04:13 PM
Thats a great perspective. However my counter whines are warranted after 13 pages of bullshittery. I never stated I was above whinning. After a few years of the same rants and flames of bard bitching. I decided to jump in. Which doesnt make any of my points any less valid.

You are lucky to be alive after those years of "bard bitching" the suffering you have had to endure is unimaginable I'm sure. Glad you made it through bud.

Clark
05-19-2015, 07:13 PM

Clark
05-19-2015, 07:14 PM

DeathWalking
05-21-2015, 12:49 PM

yIkes

gonna have to agree with this moran for once

lovecheese
05-21-2015, 01:07 PM
Laughable when you mention your job and PHD and stunt pilot... yet on here bashing people.

Microsoft flight sim does not mean you're a stunt pilot.
Just because you have the letters P-H-D in your name, does not mean you have one.
Playing Sim City does not mean you closed 18 million dollar loans

Samoht
05-21-2015, 01:16 PM
I sexually Identify as a Kiting Bard. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the Overthere dropping hot sticky trains on disgusting Druids sitting at the Skyfire zoneline. People say to me that a person being a Kiting Bard is Impossible and I'm fucking retarded but I don't care, I'm beautiful. I'm having a plastic surgeon install 8 spell slots, a Lute of the Howler and Singing Short Swords on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me "Zandercocke" and respect my right to kite every fucking mob in your zone. If you can't accept me you're a bardiphobe and need to check your mobcount privilege. Thank you for being so understanding.

omg this is awesome.

Champion_Standing
05-21-2015, 01:36 PM
Laughable when you mention your job and PHD and stunt pilot... yet on here bashing people.

Microsoft flight sim does not mean you're a stunt pilot.
Just because you have the letters P-H-D in your name, does not mean you have one.
Playing Sim City does not mean you closed 18 million dollar loans

I learned to fly a plane at 12, got my PHD in psychology from NYU when I was 16, 3rd man to walk on the moon at 18, 1st person to climb mount everest with NO safety equipment at 18, gave up all my wordly possessions at 19 and became a monk, obtained enlightenment at 20 and came back to play EQ.

indiscriminate_hater
05-21-2015, 01:42 PM
I learned to fly a plane at 12, got my PHD in psychology from NYU when I was 16, 3rd man to walk on the moon at 18, 1st person to climb mount everest with NO safety equipment at 18, gave up all my wordly possessions at 19 and became a monk, obtained enlightenment at 20 and came back to play EQ.

no wonder you don't like bards u just a fat untwinked jelly monk

kaev
05-21-2015, 02:54 PM
no wonder you don't like bards u just a fat untwinked jelly monk

truthier words never posted!

DeathWalking
05-21-2015, 03:13 PM
If you level in OT or LOIO and your not being PLd or maaayybe quading bloodgills then your a fucking horrible player.

Level in dungeons better xp loot and no bards. Plus it makes you a better player.

bro do you even group?

DeathWalking
05-21-2015, 03:14 PM

bro do you even group?

radda
05-21-2015, 08:06 PM
bro do you even group?

brah, can you even post?

http://media.giphy.com/media/FpAziBS8j4uac/giphy.gif

DeathWalking
05-21-2015, 08:44 PM
brah, can you even post?

http://media.giphy.com/media/FpAziBS8j4uac/giphy.gif

got some weird error and it redirected me to a blank page so i went back and hit submit again