PDA

View Full Version : Please stop posting "improvements to server" threads

Caridry
05-07-2015, 09:56 AM
Nilbog and Rogean have stated time and time again, that they are keeping this server as classic as possible. This is a firm stance. If you don't like it, there are other servers that provide a classic+ or post velious experience.

There is a running joke of "shits classic" or "inb4 not classic" but that's because there are SO MANY of these threads. People are sick of it.

Stop it.

/rant

Swish
05-07-2015, 10:25 AM
Those threads are inevitable, everyone has a habit of trying to be 10 steps ahead of what we have currently.

Velious has probably been researched thoroughly by a lot of people down to the top 10 campable solo mobs are and in what order they're going to try and get them for maximum tunnelquest token gain and to fast gear their alts.

In other words, Velious is old news and it hasn't launched yet... why not think beyond it and come up with all kinds of goofy suggestions?

I quite enjoy some of the tripe people come up with, but I can see how they'd be annoying :)

Champion_Standing
05-07-2015, 11:02 AM
Will be posting all suggestions in this thread.

#1. Implement the bazaar, the tunnel has seen it's glory days and the unemployed tunnel rats have controlled prices long enough.

More coming soon.

indiscriminate_hater
05-07-2015, 11:06 AM
Nilbog and Rogean have stated time and time again, that they are keeping this server as classic as possible. This is a firm stance. If you don't like it, there are other servers that provide a classic+ or post velious experience.

There is a running joke of "shits classic" or "inb4 not classic" but that's because there are SO MANY of these threads. People are sick of it.

Stop it.

/rant

stop trying to improve the server

waffel
05-07-2015, 11:42 AM
"Stop talking about things I don't like!"

Wabic
05-07-2015, 12:02 PM
But complaining about game mechanics is classic.

Ezalor
05-07-2015, 12:03 PM
op has a point. "i know this server was created to be specifically classic but can we get luclin, mercenaries and and defiant armor?" gets old

Caridry
05-07-2015, 12:05 PM
"Stop talking about things I don't like!"

There is a difference between talking about Obama, mowing the grass, and going to the DMV vs. trying to impose your own improvements to a server I, and many others play due to those "improvements" not being there.

pink grapefruit
05-07-2015, 12:11 PM
beastlords imo

Champion_Standing
05-07-2015, 12:41 PM
There is a difference between talking about Obama, mowing the grass, and going to the DMV vs. trying to impose your own improvements to a server I, and many others play due to those "improvements" not being there.

The funny thing is that your are actually worried that their ideas well be "imposed" on this server. Been playing here since it launched and I have yet to see someone successfully impose anything on this server. Do you honestly think that one too many threads about Luclin features is going to make Nilbog abandon a classic server and start working on Luclin?

You obviously have little faith in the devs, stop being ungrateful and just shut up and let people have whatever discussions they want to have. This forum definitely doesn't need less people posting here.

Ezalor
05-07-2015, 12:51 PM
The funny thing is that your are actually worried that their ideas well be "imposed" on this server. Been playing here since it launched and I have yet to see someone successfully impose anything on this server. Do you honestly think that one too many threads about Luclin features is going to make Nilbog abandon a classic server and start working on Luclin?

You obviously have little faith in the devs, stop being ungrateful and just shut up and let people have whatever discussions they want to have. This forum definitely doesn't need less people posting here.

somebody needs his sippy cup and a nap

PDX0621
05-07-2015, 12:52 PM
Veksar

curtischoy
05-07-2015, 12:57 PM
I'd rather wait in line at the DMV and be forced to register my lawn mower only to not be able to keep my original lawnmower than see another stop doing X thread.

Nubben
05-07-2015, 12:58 PM
Project M

Champion_Standing
05-07-2015, 01:21 PM
somebody needs his sippy cup and a nap

0/10 try harder next time.

Caridry
05-07-2015, 01:47 PM

Holy attitude batman. Ok then...

Reading comprehension 101 incoming...

I never stated I had a fear of these suggestions being implemented, just the fact that these constant threads are an annoyance. I have 100% faith in the server devs, because as I said previously any attempts to bring up non-classic ideas have been immediately shot down and not even thought about.

The reason I posted this, is this is server chat, and in my PERSONAL opinion that I am voicing, is that these suggestions have nothing to do with the server as these attempts are just going to go by the wayside and are just taking up space.

I wanted to post this, because:

1) These posts are becoming more frequent.
2) I don't want new players to get frustrated when they see they don't get their way.
3) It is a waste of their time, and pretty much others (whether entertaining or not).
4) Not classic.

Now, have a seat back on your rocking chair on your porch with your shotgun and continue to scream at kids to get off your lawn.

And before you say "you are the one making a grumpy post," please see reasons 1-3 as I am gearing this towards the better of the community.

curtischoy
05-07-2015, 01:53 PM
You sound fearful when you use words like impose.

Champion_Standing
05-07-2015, 01:54 PM
Holy attitude batman. Ok then...

Reading comprehension 101 incoming...

I never stated I had a fear of these suggestions being implemented, just the fact that these constant threads are an annoyance. I have 100% faith in the server devs, because as I said previously any attempts to bring up non-classic ideas have been immediately shot down and not even thought about.

The reason I posted this, is this is server chat, and in my PERSONAL opinion that I am voicing, is that these suggestions have nothing to do with the server as these attempts are just going to go by the wayside and are just taking up space.

I wanted to post this, because:

1) These posts are becoming more frequent.
2) I don't want new players to get frustrated when they see they don't get their way.
3) It is a waste of their time, and pretty much others (whether entertaining or not).
4) Not classic.

Now, have a seat back on your rocking chair on your porch with your shotgun and continue to scream at kids to get off your lawn.

And before you say "you are the one making a grumpy post," please see reasons 1-3 as I am gearing this towards the better of the community.

I guess I misunderstood this

Definitely not expressing concern over people attempting to impose their ideas on the server.

Nubben
05-07-2015, 02:04 PM

So is EverQuest in general.

I don't really play anymore due to not having real life time to play, but if people want to discuss what they think would make the game more fun (for them), it does not hurt you in any way. Just don't participate in that discussion.

Seltius
05-07-2015, 02:09 PM
Some of us enjoy the interaction. I agree that maybe there are a few too many of these threads when some are identical and could be updates on another thread. But come on some of this is challenging the imagination. If we couldnt complain or brainstorm about nonclassic content and things like that then we wouldnt have threads like Swish's gif thread. Which I and others are throughly enjoying atm. The whole point of a forum like this is interaction. If you are unhappy with the content of threads then avoid them. Most times the title tells you exactly what the body of the thread will hold. If it bothers the GMs, Devs, or Forum Mods then they could easily start removing or banning for it.

That said what would you like to discuss about Obama or DMV? Is there a connection between the two or just different conversations you would like to have? Feel free to start a thread. If you post it they will respond.

nilzark
05-07-2015, 02:26 PM
Will be posting all suggestions in this thread.

#1. Implement the bazaar, the tunnel has seen it's glory days and the unemployed tunnel rats have controlled prices long enough.

More coming soon.

This statement is a banable offense, is it not? Guards!

Daldaen
05-07-2015, 02:29 PM

I'll allow it.

Interacting with players in EC is the most painful thing on this server. Bazaar was fantastic allowing you to circumvent having to deal with unsavory folk.

Poodlelicker
05-07-2015, 02:36 PM
it does have that damp, dark, sleazy back alley feel to it.

golten
05-07-2015, 03:30 PM
+1 for OP

golten
05-07-2015, 03:32 PM
yay cause this game needs MORE afk whores and economy stomping, brought on by constant bazaar supplies.... do you understand what youre suggesting? Launch luclin? seriously?!?

EC tunnel is the BEST part of this server. hands down.

Pringles
05-07-2015, 03:34 PM
I am also a big proponent of the bazaar. IMO it takes nothing from the game play and benefits the players immensely by removing the time sink that is tunnel questing. Much better than scouring http://ahungry.com/eqauctions (which is even huge improvement over the "classic" tunnel where you'd have to stare at your screen / spam your wares.) Im too old for that shit.

Portasaurus
05-07-2015, 03:41 PM
EC tunnel is the BEST part of this server. hands down.

#TeamTunnel

evilkorn
05-07-2015, 04:06 PM
selling bags of stuff at t1

Seltius
05-07-2015, 04:11 PM
I'll allow it.

Interacting with players in EC is the most painful thing on this server. Bazaar was fantastic allowing you to circumvent having to deal with unsavory folk.

I actually enjoy the interaction. When I get tired of trying to sell the stuff I can always find someone to give it to before I log off.

Yes some of the obnoxious tells after you tell someone you wont accept half what your asking for an item can get annoying but all in all you get to talk to new people.

Swish
05-07-2015, 04:23 PM
Custom LDoN style dungeons with time limits, rescue settings etc with seasonal leaderboards...titles for a seasonal group of 6...

http://www.isdagram.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/greatIdea.gif

kaev
05-07-2015, 04:34 PM

Nope, only the perversion of using luclin models on the privacy of your own screen is actually bannable. Nothing in this world does more to corrupt the morals of our precious youth than some 35-yo neckbearded troglodyte playing an EQ emulator alone in a darkened room using luclin models, nothing!

Dillian
05-07-2015, 04:38 PM
InB4notclassic

Champion_Standing
05-07-2015, 04:48 PM
#2. PoK - this server needs a serious reprieve from the endless begging for ports. Why not just implement the books and PoK so players can get to the fun stuff quickly. Not saying PoP, just PoK for now till after Luclin

kaev
05-07-2015, 04:49 PM
#2. PoK - this server needs a serious reprieve from the endless begging for ports. Why not just implement the books and PoK so players can get to the fun stuff quickly. Not saying PoP, just PoK for now till after Luclin

Brilliant! Just find a way to spin it as a defense against luclin models and you're golden, it'll be an easy sell to the devs then!

Seltius
05-07-2015, 04:52 PM
EQ forums need one of those red iWin buttons or maybe the Darth Vader Nooooooooo button when a bad nonclassic idea is posted. Maybe the prenerf Darth Vader button.

Champion_Standing
05-07-2015, 04:55 PM
Custom LDoN style dungeons with time limits, rescue settings etc with seasonal leaderboards...titles for a seasonal group of 6...

+1 Nilbog plzzzz

Caridry
05-07-2015, 05:03 PM
EQ forums need one of those red iWin buttons or maybe the Darth Vader Nooooooooo button when a bad nonclassic idea is posted. Maybe the prenerf Darth Vader button.

Or a reddit style upvote/downvote thread.

Fame
05-07-2015, 05:42 PM
Why do you hate freedom and america?

Lev_Mer
05-07-2015, 05:47 PM
Rants in Server Chat = No no

Dac321
05-07-2015, 06:11 PM
I'll allow it.

http://38.media.tumblr.com/8e945b5dbacedfa344ec9f9f4273906b/tumblr_mtv27iMCXi1sr3t2no1_500.gif

jarshale
05-07-2015, 06:36 PM
I'll allow it.

Interacting with players in groups is the most painful thing on this server. Mercenaries was fantastic allowing you to circumvent having to deal with unsavory folk.

loramin
05-07-2015, 07:38 PM

Swish has an entire contest/thread devoted to them:

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189415

Clark
05-07-2015, 08:05 PM
wipe it clean

Champion_Standing
05-07-2015, 10:16 PM
How about the return of spell sets at least come on guys

also wipe it clean

Cecily
05-07-2015, 10:20 PM
I like how this thread looks on the main page. "Please stop posting..."

Clark
05-07-2015, 10:36 PM
I like how this thread looks on the main page. "Please stop posting..."

:D

Lev_Mer
05-07-2015, 10:51 PM
http://www.exrx.net/AnimatedEx/Pronators/DBSeatedPronation.gif

quido
05-07-2015, 10:58 PM
I hope Hurb's having a good day today

curtischoy
05-08-2015, 03:11 PM
Love how this has turned into exactly what the OP hates.

liveitup1216
05-09-2015, 06:43 AM
I hope we eventually get Luclin and PoK books and fast regen and mercs and instances and battlegrounds and raid finder and silly mounts and disney puns and Nilbog changes his name to Blizzard and we play World of Easycraft and chat gets disabled because who needs to talk or interact with ppl amirite.

I mean we're all here to play a single player offline game aren't we.

Jaleth
05-09-2015, 09:19 AM
I hope we eventually get Luclin and PoK books and fast regen and mercs and instances and battlegrounds and raid finder and silly mounts and disney puns and Nilbog changes his name to Blizzard and we play World of Easycraft and chat gets disabled because who needs to talk or interact with ppl amirite.

I mean we're all here to play a single player offline game aren't we.

There are other people playing on this server?

sambal
05-09-2015, 10:44 AM
Stop posting stop posting about server improvement threads threads.

Swish
05-09-2015, 10:47 AM

It really could work!

sambal
05-09-2015, 10:54 AM
But since we're on the topic here's my wish list:

Robes on all races,
Appropriate skeleton forms for lich,
Bolt spells that are bolts,
Classic UI especially at merchants <EqType 6000>,
Fixing or creating custom quests that never worked like Pyzjn and Varsoon,
Perhaps upgrading quests with terrible rewards,
Break item recharging or adding an actual non-hack way to recharge,
Break bard kiting

Issar
05-09-2015, 12:22 PM
tldr: OP says, "don't post your opinion, but here's mine." get over yourself, sock jockey.

Silentsong
05-09-2015, 12:56 PM
Part of the experience and enjoyment of P99 is talking about what is, what could be (but won't) and what should be. Its even more fun to watch people get pissed off about stupid shit that ultimately doesn't fucking matter. Enjoy the game but get some perspective on this shit.

Caridry
05-09-2015, 06:42 PM
tldr: OP says, "don't post your opinion, but here's mine." get over yourself, sock jockey.

Completely non-contributing opinions vs. Facts.

Believe what you will though lover boy.

Clark
05-09-2015, 07:26 PM

lol

Lady Julae
05-15-2015, 10:29 AM
Since we have the Titanium Client, I would like to see:

1. All player races available.

2. Beastlord Class available.

3. "Classic World (Anotinica, Feydwar, Kunark)" Luclin Quests available, for instance, the Cleric Initiate Armor quests. These were great quests for players to get some decent newbie gear without having to beg other players.

4. Toggle to switch from Classic to Luclin models.

I do not however, would ever want to see:

1. Nexus - This feature trivialized 2 major classes in EQ
2. Bazaar - This feature over time, made EQ into the cesspool it is today.

Seltius
05-15-2015, 10:37 AM
Trollbaiter baiting trolls who troll trollbaiter.. Its a vicious cycle. I am wondering which came first the chicke.. err baiter or the troll?

PDX0621
05-15-2015, 11:02 AM
4. Toggle to switch from Classic to Luclin models.

DING DING DING DING

SamwiseRed
05-15-2015, 11:03 AM
I do not however, would ever want to see:

1. Nexus - This feature trivialized 2 major classes in EQ
2. Bazaar - This feature over time, made EQ into the cesspool it is today.

if the nexus trivialized your class, you are an idiot.

bazaar was great because ec tunnel is for losers without a job.

Ezalor
05-15-2015, 11:54 AM
ec tunnel is for losers without a job.

SamwiseRed

Lady Julae
05-15-2015, 12:29 PM
if the nexus trivialized your class, you are an idiot.

bazaar was great because ec tunnel is for losers without a job.

I played a cleric and a monk. I never said it trivialized my class, it certainly trivialized wizards and druids though as ports were a huge part of their class identity. Having ports for free took away their identity and a big portion of their community interaction.

You can hate on EC all you want, but EC was a brilliant market that deterred gold farmers looking for fast sales. They could not just go AFK and farm gold on another account. In addition, EC forced you to interact with the community. If you were a jerk, people would not buy from you. You also could not haggle a price in the bazaar, a luxury savvy players have with EC.

You say EC is for losers who don't have a job, yet ironically enough, the toons represented in the bazaar are all 1st level account mules selling wares while their mains are being played. If P99 were to have a bazaar, I could probably accept it if it were ONE character PER IP, and for those with an IP exception, only ONE account active online while selling (no selling on the "wife's" account while you play on your other account - 2 box rule and test should apply here).

Champion_Standing
05-15-2015, 12:32 PM
The community has spoken! We demand the bazaar, spell sets, and wood elf shamans.

Lady Julae
05-15-2015, 01:02 PM
The community has spoken! We demand the bazaar, spell sets, and wood elf shamans.

And /melody!

SamwiseRed
05-15-2015, 01:16 PM
SamwiseRed

if you need work lemme know. i heard you've fallen on hard times.

Eliseus
05-15-2015, 04:06 PM
I played a cleric and a monk. I never said it trivialized my class, it certainly trivialized wizards and druids though as ports were a huge part of their class identity. Having ports for free took away their identity and a big portion of their community interaction.

You can hate on EC all you want, but EC was a brilliant market that deterred gold farmers looking for fast sales. They could not just go AFK and farm gold on another account. In addition, EC forced you to interact with the community. If you were a jerk, people would not buy from you. You also could not haggle a price in the bazaar, a luxury savvy players have with EC.

You say EC is for losers who don't have a job, yet ironically enough, the toons represented in the bazaar are all 1st level account mules selling wares while their mains are being played. If P99 were to have a bazaar, I could probably accept it if it were ONE character PER IP, and for those with an IP exception, only ONE account active online while selling (no selling on the "wife's" account while you play on your other account - 2 box rule and test should apply here).

I think you are confusing nexus with PoK.

Champion_Standing
05-19-2015, 11:30 PM
Bump for adding bazaar