PDA

View Full Version : Two-boxing witch hunt.

Ahnen
10-11-2010, 03:41 PM
My wife and I just got our IP exemption. My wife and I met in classic EQ and have very sentimental feeling about the game. The other day we were playing together outside Crushbone and some miserable little clump of dirt was consistently pulling mobs after we broke the camp. Was it because you had been slinking around us lfg and we were not interested in grouping with you? I called him out on it and his immediate recourse was to tell me to quit two-boxing. Is it because you are sitting at your computer alone drinking piss water with your hand down your pants that you cannot possibly conceive that there really are happy people in the world? Why do you feel the need to ruin our EQ experience? You upset my wife and temporarily ruined the magic that is classic EQ for so many of us. SCREW YOU.

President
10-11-2010, 03:44 PM
You might as well quit now if you are going to nerdrage over that.

Japan
10-11-2010, 03:47 PM
you don't sound all that happy bro.

u sound mad.

Ahnen
10-11-2010, 03:49 PM
Why, is this something I should expect to put up with often? I would love to hear from other couples who have had to deal with people accusing them of a bannable offense.

Droxx
10-11-2010, 03:50 PM
YOU UPSET MAH WIFE!!!1!

Wizerud
10-11-2010, 03:58 PM
Something tells me we're missing part of this story. What could have given the ks'er an indication that you were two-boxing?

The only advice I could give is if you're not two-boxing don't give away any hints that you might be. I guess it's just the price of an IP exemption. Fair, no, but people are very actively looking out for it. It's just the way it is.

Swishahouse
10-11-2010, 03:58 PM
Q to tha Q moar, imo!

purist
10-11-2010, 04:02 PM
Fuck you two-boxer.

Villide
10-11-2010, 04:08 PM
Your forgot to put "wife" in quotation marks. It's ok though, I just imagined you making air quotes while I read it!

Ahnen
10-11-2010, 04:11 PM
Wizerud, thanks for giving me a helpful response. The reason I am so unhappy about this guy is that there was really no reason for him to think we were two-boxing, perhaps aside from the fact that we were duoing. Additionally, who would choose to two-box a shaman and a druid?

I appreciate you indicating that this is just how it is. I just wish folks would not use the accusation when as a pejorative. I will just ignore it from now on as I am sure the GMs are used to people being falsely accused.

To the rest of you, I should know better than to post anything in the troll cave. Enjoy your piss water and make sure you wash your hands when you finish. I did get a laugh out of the "Pat" avatar though.

Zithax
10-11-2010, 04:12 PM
you don't sound all that happy bro.

u sound mad.

kinztz
10-11-2010, 05:59 PM
Who cares? Like really? If you don't want to group with them, and you are just duoing w/ whoever it is you happen to be duoing with and they make a comment because of that... really.. who cares?

Did it change anything? Did it effect your gameplay? No, ignore it and move on. If you aren't doing anything wrong, nobody will do anything to you. If you are, well you should probably stop.

Wizerud
10-11-2010, 06:07 PM
Did you even read the first post? It states quite clearly how his gameplay was affected.

Wurli
10-11-2010, 06:26 PM
Why, is this something I should expect to put up with often? I would love to hear from other couples who have had to deal with people accusing them of a bannable offense.

It's a pretty rare occurrence. Sometimes people get cranky when you don't invite them to your group when they know you have room. That's happened maybe once or twice to me. Tho, people are usually understanding if you are polite and explain to them the situation.

If the situation gets really heated over a camp dispute then you can petition a GM to intervene.

It's kind of a mixed bag on the server. I would say that the majority of players are reasonable. There are a small amount of griefers, but also a good amount of people that very kind and helpful.

Kraftwerk
10-11-2010, 06:33 PM
Did you even read the first post? It states quite clearly how his gameplay was affected.

Technically he is right, but only because his grammar is wrong.

Did it effect your gameplay? No.

The use of the word effect instead of affect is the key here. If Kinztz is, in fact, stating that the OP's gameplay was not effected (executed, produced or accomplished) by the unnamed roguish character then he is accurate in that the OP most likely began playing this server of his own accord. If Kinztz meant, the more likely option, that the OP's gameplay was not affected by the unnamed roguish character then he would be incorrect in that the OP's enjoyment of the game was actually impacted by the event.

So, Kinztz is both right and wrong.

Dantes
10-11-2010, 07:34 PM
When I play EQ with my armless wife, everybody thinks I'm 2-boxing. Just because I have to move her character for her and speak for her doesn't mean I'm 2-boxing. SHE HAS NO ARMS, PEOPLE!!! Have some compassion.

bufferofnewbies
10-11-2010, 07:41 PM
I wish my wife would play EQ with me. I got her to play WoW for about as long as I could stand to log into that game, but EQ just scares the crap out of her.

"What? They don't tell you where to go and what to do? How do you know where you are going? How do you know they have a quest for you? Why won't it tell you what you are getting before you do the quest? That is so unfair. What do you mean by 'grind'?"

Yeah, so now she plays Farmville and I have to put up with you wierdos! gg WoW. Thanks for screwing it all up! Anyone got a hanky? I need to go pout in a corner. Or at least log in to dispell the snare on some random druid's kite mob, to make me feel better.

President
10-11-2010, 08:27 PM
When I play EQ with my armless wife, everybody thinks I'm 2-boxing. Just because I have to move her character for her and speak for her doesn't mean I'm 2-boxing. SHE HAS NO ARMS, PEOPLE!!! Have some compassion.

Awesome...

Omica
10-11-2010, 09:24 PM

lols were had by me.

Uthgaard
10-12-2010, 01:07 AM
2boxing is the most common allegation when people get butt-hurt and want to make a retaliatory petition. Fortunately, I've got enough sense to spot those, and I'll tear the petitioner a new one just as quickly if they're the ones causing the problem.

Taluvill
10-12-2010, 01:22 AM
Or at least log in to dispell the snare on some random druid's kite mob, to make me feel better.

I lol'd

Cyrano
10-12-2010, 12:10 PM
2boxing is the most common allegation when people get butt-hurt and want to make a retaliatory petition. Fortunately, I've got enough sense to spot those, and I'll tear the petitioner a new one just as quickly if they're the ones causing the problem.

Kinda like the time I petitioned you and Cyrius for two boxing in sky then later saw both of you guys chasing Rogean around doing a strange series of movements and commands in EK?

:(

khazim
10-12-2010, 12:37 PM
I two box all the time:

a box of wine and a box of ho-hos

nilbog
10-12-2010, 12:44 PM
It's been a minute.

http://wordspy.com/graphics/torch-and-pitchfork.jpg

ryuut1
10-12-2010, 01:01 PM
Technically he is right, but only because his grammar is wrong.

The use of the word effect instead of affect is the key here. If Kinztz is, in fact, stating that the OP's gameplay was not effected (executed, produced or accomplished) by the unnamed roguish character then he is accurate in that the OP most likely began playing this server of his own accord. If Kinztz meant, the more likely option, that the OP's gameplay was not affected by the unnamed roguish character then he would be incorrect in that the OP's enjoyment of the game was actually impacted by the event.

roflwhattadouche

Swishahouse
10-12-2010, 01:50 PM
Additionally, who would choose to two-box a shaman and a druid?

It's not a bad duo at all.....

Dominick
10-12-2010, 02:15 PM

I do it because I think Uthgaard has too much free time.

/petition can you get my dog to stop barking out back? I think theres a raccoon in the slough out there.

Brad_mo123
10-12-2010, 06:05 PM
Wow, why do people post things like this? Might as well slap a stamp on your head saying "PLEASE TROLL ME"

YendorLootmonkey
10-12-2010, 06:16 PM
/petition People on my /friends list are not actually guaranteed to be my friends. This does not appear to be working as intended.

purist
10-12-2010, 06:23 PM
iirc you couldn't add yourself to /friends in live, but you can in p99, is this correct?

feste
10-12-2010, 06:36 PM

Schrödinger's Kinztz

Ronas
10-12-2010, 08:19 PM
I wish my wife would play EQ with me. I got her to play WoW for about as long as I could stand to log into that game, but EQ just scares the crap out of her.

"What? They don't tell you where to go and what to do? How do you know where you are going? How do you know they have a quest for you? Why won't it tell you what you are getting before you do the quest? That is so unfair. What do you mean by 'grind'?"

Yeah, so now she plays Farmville and I have to put up with you wierdos! gg WoW. Thanks for screwing it all up! Anyone got a hanky? I need to go pout in a corner. Or at least log in to dispell the snare on some random druid's kite mob, to make me feel better.

LOL, so true.

More funny when explaining to a friend that plays wow how EQ compares.

In EQ you have to go find your corpse naked, you lose XP when you die. Theres no Maps. Zones are huge and takes you acouple of hours to run from one side of the world to the next. Spells take up to 30 secs real time to cast. Mobs chase you to the end of the zone. (And run quicker then you, so you get beat on till the end of the zone) People can block door ways. Money makes you run slowly if you got too much of it. In groups theres no Master loot so quickest clicker wins. Theres no summon stones so you have to wait up to a hour for nubs to get to you. Cant cross zone invite people, they have to be in generally same area as you and you have to target invites. No drinks/food that u can eat to regen your hp/mana, its all works of ticks so you can sitting around acouple of mins to fully regen the pool. People generally grief you for fun.

But its awsome cos' people love to be abused. Come join and i help ya out.

halbar
10-12-2010, 08:53 PM
iirc you couldn't add yourself to /friends in live, but you can in p99, is this correct?

You could add yourself to friends in live. I did it on all my chars so I could check if I was lagging or not by having at least 1 person always on my friends list. They may have changed this at some point, but at least from Kunark to PoP it worked.

Japan
10-12-2010, 09:08 PM
SELF-FRIEND NOT CLASSIC

ROGEAN PUT 15 MAN HOURS ON THIS ISSUE OR I WILL QUIT!

Trademaster
10-12-2010, 09:59 PM
Back on Live, my roommate and myself were always on at the same time, and usually doing things together. with the computers set up a mere three feet apart, we didn't need the keyboard to communicate, and from time to time one of use would take off followed a moment later by the other, no autofollow, just us running for some mob. I have a feeling that there will be all kinds of petitions about our game play on the days we visit each others' houses.

cadiz
10-12-2010, 10:25 PM

Hey, cool. My wife only has one leg but it's in the middle and very muscular to support the weight of her 400lb girth. She's a good woman that Mildred.

RKromwell
10-12-2010, 10:32 PM
/petition People on my /friends list are not actually guaranteed to be my friends. This does not appear to be working as intended.

You trying to tell me something?

purist
10-13-2010, 02:24 AM
SELF-FRIEND NOT CLASSIC

ROGEAN PUT 15 MAN HOURS ON THIS ISSUE OR I WILL QUIT!

I was just wondering if my memory about a a funny message it'd give you for trying to add yourself as a friend was true. :o

Stanlei
10-13-2010, 07:21 AM
My wife and I just got our IP exemption. My wife and I met in classic EQ and have very sentimental feeling about the game. The other day we were playing together outside Crushbone and some miserable little clump of dirt was consistently pulling mobs after we broke the camp. Was it because you had been slinking around us lfg and we were not interested in grouping with you? I called him out on it and his immediate recourse was to tell me to quit two-boxing. Is it because you are sitting at your computer alone drinking piss water with your hand down your pants that you cannot possibly conceive that there really are happy people in the world? Why do you feel the need to ruin our EQ experience? You upset my wife and temporarily ruined the magic that is classic EQ for so many of us. SCREW YOU.

Lagaidh
11-03-2010, 05:51 PM
I'm glad my wife is old-school EQ. She'd fuck you up.

aVoided
11-04-2010, 01:14 AM
I know it's R+F but seriously with the stupid useless necros... not even entertaining.

Ihealyou
11-04-2010, 09:43 AM
Your face is a stupid useless necro

xshayla701
11-04-2010, 09:45 AM
Your face is a stupid useless necro

No u

Ihealyou
11-04-2010, 10:49 AM
How did you make your comment even more worthless than mine?

xshayla701
11-04-2010, 12:41 PM
<3

Extunarian
11-04-2010, 12:47 PM
Why does the OP keep bringing up "piss water?" Is that a thing?

Is it because you are sitting at your computer alone drinking piss water

Enjoy your piss water and make sure you wash your hands

Darklake
11-04-2010, 01:13 PM
Maybe it's a refreshing beverage in his part of the world.

Rathizii
12-03-2010, 03:29 AM
Back on Live, my roommate and myself were always on at the same time, and usually doing things together. with the computers set up a mere three feet apart, we didn't need the keyboard to communicate, and from time to time one of use would take off followed a moment later by the other, no autofollow, just us running for some mob. I have a feeling that there will be all kinds of petitions about our game play on the days we visit each others' houses.

Tell me about it. Just happened to me and my boyfriend. Apparently a standard pull is considered 2 boxing.

Oh, and casters (espically clerics) can't sit. They have to move as much as the puller does and make sure you move at the EXACT same time because this is also an obvious sign of dual boxing (as which I have been told). My main is a mage and my boyfriend's is a druid. Careful if you try to move your squishy self to a safe spot while the druid takes a beating to ensure your safety, because thats a sign too.

Pay attention to where you are running, 'cause if say, oh, I don't know, take a drink or take a bite of food and run into a tree = 2 boxing. Heaven forbid you lag a bit into a tree or wall while running. Even typing to guild/group is a challenge on auto-run without running into wall/tree/mob/death/etc.

To my understanding, this is the place to go to rant/rage. I figured hell, everyone else is doing it, I might put in my two cents too. IJS :D

t0lkien
12-03-2010, 04:56 AM

You need a Forage of 200.

Messianic
12-03-2010, 09:49 AM
NO MORE FREAKING NECRO POSTS

Jaxon
12-03-2010, 03:18 PM
Piss off. Instead of having to read 3 dozen threads scattered like chaff throughout the forum, I'd rather have all the two-boxing allegation stories in one nice collection for my reading pleasure, no matter when they happened to occur.

Crone
12-03-2010, 03:20 PM
You guys are great.

You yell at people for not using the forum search feature to find answers and posts, but when they do, and find older posts, you yell at them for bumping a post.

Which is it? Necro, or just spam the boards with useless new posts.

Messianic
12-03-2010, 03:56 PM
lol, I apologize - I meant the tone of my all-caps message to be a bit more lighter than that.

I was half-expecting "EngravedWilliam" or whatever his name is to be the necro culprit, and i've ragged on him for constantly necro-ing posts. There's nothing wrong with it, I just found it funny that he did it so often.

Feel free to necro on - know that anything I send your way is in jest ;)

RocketMoose
12-03-2010, 04:20 PM
Fuck you two-boxer.

You're just mad you can't afford a computer that could run 2 instances at the same time.

Engraverwilliam
12-03-2010, 07:05 PM

That is awesome and great to know! My Gf and I play together and I loath the day someone accuses us of 2B'ing.

case in point: The other day I needed to trade with her warrior...I could have easily logged on both comps for the trade but I would be deathly afraid of being detected of 2b'ing some how. I waited the 20 mins for her to finish with making diner to make the trade. We DUO around in Everfrost. However i believe just by looking at us one would be able to tell that we are two real people. Plus we talk in spacial when people are around just to make it obvious.

Bodeanicus
12-03-2010, 09:06 PM

It's a euphemism for American beer.

Plurr
12-03-2010, 09:46 PM
That is awesome and great to know! My Gf and I play together and I loath the day someone accuses us of 2B'ing.

case in point: The other day I needed to trade with her warrior...I could have easily logged on both comps for the trade but I would be deathly afraid of being detected of 2b'ing some how. I waited the 20 mins for her to finish with making diner to make the trade. We DUO around in Everfrost. However i believe just by looking at us one would be able to tell that we are two real people. Plus we talk in spacial when people are around just to make it obvious.

Becareful whatever u do apparently they dont even need to do a test to figure out if your boxing, if you look like it your likely to get banned :(

Engraverwilliam
12-03-2010, 10:56 PM
we dont even play unless we play together lately. Budy busy lives. Thats why we like p99, because it offer us the EQ experience with out coughing up 30 bucks a month on subs when we get to play so less often.

But As I said before. it is pretty damn obvious that we are two people. We don't even engage auto-follow when running around.

MoonlightStoner
12-04-2010, 04:09 AM
can't wait to get my exemption to play with my brother will feel like i'm a teenager all over again :P . that's what the ignore button is for tho there's always gonna be a crybaby trying to ruin your gaming experiences trolls get off on it I don't understand why people would waste so much of their time to ruin yours unless they have nothing better to do. Fail troll is fail!

maegi
03-06-2011, 10:32 PM
Auto follow was put in for a reason. Yes I'm necroing this thread. Using auto follow doesn't mean you're 2 boxing. However since my wife and I play exclusively together and rarely group, we've been accused a few times as well. My response is always stfu or petition it. We are not 2 boxing. So I'm sure we have been petitioned a few times and I laugh because I know Uthgaard is probably ripping them a new ass for wasting his time when he's trying to actually improve the server, not babysit someone's false allegations because they haven't had a piece of ass since their finger slipped thru the White Cloud. True Story.

One question tho, if she has to get up and let out the dogs or I got to go pee or whatever other real life thing that can happen for all of 2-3 minutes, is it ok to then use auto follow...or is this technically 2 boxxing since she's actually flushing a toilet or letting the dogs back in while auto following me or vice versa. Should we instead stop moving or log off and then come back everytime the phone rings or the dog has to piss or whatever? Serious question.

xnolanx
03-07-2011, 12:26 AM
I've come to realize... The farther you get in the game... The less asshattery you see running around the world.

Knuckle
03-07-2011, 12:39 AM

Wow 2 fat nerds so happy.

StinkyGreenBud
03-07-2011, 01:07 AM
You met your wife on EQ tells me everything i have to know.

Spewys
03-07-2011, 01:39 AM
You met your wife on EQ tells me everything i have to know.

LMAO..........

captainspauldin
03-07-2011, 01:46 AM
why dont you shut up your annoying ^_^

captainspauldin
03-07-2011, 01:47 AM
and i have man boobies

DetroitVelvetSmooth
03-07-2011, 02:57 AM
What I see in my head when I read this thread...

YOU UPSET MAH WIFE!!!1!

http://fatkidatcamp.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/fat-nerd-sword-love.jpg

JayDee
03-07-2011, 04:35 AM
for the love of god man

maegi
03-07-2011, 04:48 AM
Detroit, nice find man! I didn't know Meatloaf even had high school pics lol

xnolanx
03-07-2011, 05:21 AM
win win win winnnn hahaha

Koota
03-07-2011, 06:34 AM
Good job resurrecting a 4 month old thread.

maegi
03-07-2011, 07:22 AM
Good job resurrecting a 4 month old thread.

Yeah it was a good job, bout time you recognized it too boy.

Rynada
03-07-2011, 07:22 AM
That's what happens when the server goes down. Digging up old threads is sometimes entertaining reading.

mipstien
03-07-2011, 03:02 PM
old threads are win after they die.

eqdruid76
03-08-2011, 05:52 PM

Which is why a lot of people hate you. You REALLY need to work on your customer service skills. Sony would have fired your ass 10 times over for treating your customers like that.

Koota
03-08-2011, 05:53 PM
Which is why a lot of people hate you. You REALLY need to work on your customer service skills. Sony would have fired your ass 10 times over for treating your customers like that.

The only difference here is that we aren't customers. And this isn't Sony.

Harrison
03-08-2011, 05:57 PM
That's what happens when the server goes down. Digging up old threads is sometimes entertaining reading.

It's more like, "This is what happens when a retard knowingly responds to a thread long since dead for no reason."

Bubbles
03-08-2011, 11:56 PM
The only difference here is that we aren't customers. And this isn't Sony.

lol.

Gorgetrapper
03-09-2011, 12:14 AM

Waaaaah you got your name nerfed WAAAAAAAAAH

Bruno
03-09-2011, 12:31 AM

http://i566.photobucket.com/albums/ss107/kpkenney07/MichealJacksonPopcorn-1.gif

feste
03-09-2011, 01:54 AM
im sorry i just think it needs reposting.

What I see in my head when I read this thread...

http://fatkidatcamp.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/fat-nerd-sword-love.jpg

nemethor
03-09-2011, 02:10 AM
lols were had by me.

genius

nemethor
03-09-2011, 02:17 AM
Hey, cool. My wife only has one leg but it's in the middle and very muscular to support the weight of her 400lb girth. She's a good woman that Mildred.

this

Icaro
03-09-2011, 04:30 PM
Fuck you two-boxer.

This!

Messianic
03-11-2011, 03:28 PM

Lol, I just saw you get banned and so I figured i would look at your recent history of posting.

We're not his "customers." We're guests of the server. Huge difference.

Good riddance...

Gorgetrapper
03-11-2011, 05:09 PM
Lol, I just saw you get banned and so I figured i would look at your recent history of posting.

We're not his "customers." We're guests of the server. Huge difference.

Good riddance...

i believe that the guy was a character named Taxi on the server, who got his name nerfed because someone complained (this was during the name change crusades) so he turned into a complete asshole who hated all the GMs because his named was changed.

Uthgaard
03-11-2011, 05:28 PM
Secrets posted this a while back on some other forum somewhere but I don't feel like finding it.

[Sat Sep 11 01:07:23 2010] I would like to have my name changed to Taxi Driver, my original name. I feel that the name change was done out of spite because i challenged the subjectivity of the enforcement of the naming rule on the forum. When you erased my name, you erased all the good deeds i did, which should not be dished out lightly. Thanks
[Sat Sep 11 01:08:17 2010] You told bilbus, 'titles aren't given out lightly, and how you feel about it has little bearing on the rule'
[Sat Sep 11 01:08:31 2010] Bilbus tells you, 'its not a title, the GM changed my name'
[Sat Sep 11 01:09:04 2010] You told Bilbus, 'taxi driver does count as a title, the reason why you dont get one'
[Sat Sep 11 01:09:52 2010] Bilbus tells you, 'right, but have you taken a serious look at the names in the tunnel? It was totally subjective and done only because i pointed out that this particular GM posted pictures of him in the forums with like 10 people in the pic that broke the naming rule'
[Sat Sep 11 01:10:03 2010] Bilbus tells you, 'out of spite'
[Sat Sep 11 01:10:36 2010] Bilbus tells you, 'if you feel that its ok for the GMs to feel like a corrupt police force and that its good for the server long term, go with it'
[Sat Sep 11 01:11:13 2010] You told Bilbus, 'you dont get a name that violates a rule because you saw some other people with name violations. we fix them when they're reported, and we sure as hell dont answer to you. you want to waste my time crying, and border on staff insult, keep it up, you'll hit server select faster than you can grab a tissue'

[Sat Sep 11 01:07:23 2010]

He's been crying for 6 months, don't make the mistake of thinking that this was ever about a name. Some people want to be a victim so badly they'll keep pissing people off until they get their wish. The name was just the vehicle for accomplishing the task. He repeatedly threw it in the Mixxit's face until he nerfed it. Misery loves company.

Toony
03-11-2011, 05:39 PM
When you erased my name, you erased all the good deeds i did, which should not be dished out lightly.

http://cdn1.iofferphoto.com/img/item/137/333/541/XRxI.jpg

Toony
03-11-2011, 05:40 PM
http://cdn1.iofferphoto.com/img/item/137/333/541/XRxI.jpg

Well crap, my silly picture of a knight in shining armor got botched.

Anyway, funny quote....