PDA

View Full Version : Selling accounts should not be allowed. Plat or cash.

oldhead
10-10-2010, 12:55 AM
This is why account transfers should not be allowed. Not even for in game money. Just cus its not happening on this forum, it happens on others. IMHO all outside of game deals should be discouraged and mentioned as punishable in the rules. Even tho I use it im against the forums having a trading subforum. Defeats the purpose of EC tunnel.

Anyways, below is a snippet of a convo from another forum in a thread about this server.

Anyone have an account they want to trade for 40 Wiz?

or selling an account?

Selling o.O

$$$ ?

wait so like my 50 war account is worth cash money to someone

to me yes.

but you can't really post it on the p99 forums...

heh yeah thats true rogean would rage

how much u want

kinztz
10-10-2010, 12:59 AM
Just cus its not happening on this forum, it happens on others.

I agree with you, that it shouldn't be a promoted practice. However at the same time making a ruling on it here wont change that it happens elsewhere. Only thing it changes is how open people are about it.

oldhead
10-10-2010, 01:05 AM
I agree with you, that it shouldn't be a promoted practice. However at the same time making a ruling on it here wont change that it happens elsewhere. Only thing it changes is how open people are about it.

True BUT...
making a rule that people shouldnt murder wont stop people from doing it... but isnt it a good idea to have a rule stating if you murder and get caught you will be punished?

kinztz
10-10-2010, 02:09 AM
I suppose, however comparing account trading/selling to murder is a pretty steep jump.

oldhead
10-10-2010, 02:19 AM
I suppose, however comparing account trading/selling to murder is a pretty steep jump.

Sometimes one must enlarge a comparison to make the details easier to discern for others.

vincin
10-10-2010, 08:54 AM
I dont get it. The only people that buy accounts are the people who are lazy and suck at the game. I guess if you can sell it, good for you, but if you buy it, your a fag.

Bubbles
10-10-2010, 09:20 AM
better a fag than a murderer!

ryuut1
10-10-2010, 09:33 AM
rofl, murder compared to selling accounts =P

Devil
10-10-2010, 09:56 AM
The vets and people who actually believe in this project in most cases would not accept RMT for items or accounts. I know I wouldn't, but I also do not see the harm in trading accounts or selling them for platinum. The market is there, the GM's allow it, I don't see the problem. There will always be people desperate or lazy enough to pay cash for game accounts because they don't feel like leveling them. That's fine but they won't get one from me. Not to mention, even though it's been up and running for a year, in the end this *STILL* is an Emu server. People who would pay cold hard cash for a character on an emulated server...lol @ you.

XDrake
10-10-2010, 12:11 PM
I don't know how I feel about the whole RMT or PP trading of accounts, but it is a fact that if you do eBay you're a fag. :(

vincin
10-10-2010, 12:13 PM
anyone who buys a characters is a lazy fag. period. ...and possibly a fat piece of shit.

Estu
10-10-2010, 12:20 PM
anyone who buys a characters is a lazy fag. period. ...and possibly a fat piece of shit.

...or is it?

oldhead
10-10-2010, 02:22 PM

or has ore money than you?

just sayin

Spend 15 hours boring PL'in grinding a character to 50.
Or
Spend $100 bucks.

Not that am an advocate for it but I understand the reasons for it.

just saying it shouldnt be allowed for plat or even on the boards.
All trades should be kept in game.

AexDestroy
10-10-2010, 11:20 PM
Complaining like your opinion matters should not be allowed. Rant or Flame.

Shaken
10-12-2010, 09:23 AM
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15756&page=9

This says it all lol,
On that note WTB 30-39 Accounts PM

Cymeon
10-12-2010, 10:42 AM
Spend 15 hours boring PL'in grinding a character to 50.

15 hours? Wheres your secret location? :) took me over 15 hours to get mid 30s hah

YendorLootmonkey
10-12-2010, 06:09 PM
Just wondering how raiding guilds feel about spending countless hours in the planes and on dragon raids, gearing up members and then seeing them sell their planar-equipped chars "for plat". Gotta love competing for gear with people who are just gonna sell their toon "for plat". :P