PDA

View Full Version : Gilgalfindel another bad manner

fennixad
04-27-2015, 02:16 PM
Hi, we were camping quillmane (2 ppl and me) one in each spot. there was a guy running arround (gilgalfindel) he is anon. I told him that we were camping it and he says its cool. but they stole quillmane 2 times.

I am Dodgethis, ppl knows i helps a lot, on everything i can. I post here because i hate that players who ruin this game, i just want to you to know what this guy does. GL HF.

Oleris
04-27-2015, 02:19 PM
You could always petition instead of posting anonymously on the forums.

http://utahvalley360.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Tattle-tale.jpg

Grimjaw
04-27-2015, 02:20 PM
you shouldn't be able to claim quillmane as a camp. due to numerous mechanics at play. just because his spawn mechanics were reverse engineered so now everyone knows how to make him spawn doesn't mean you can claim the entire zone. "all a gnoll are belong to me!"

Itap
04-27-2015, 02:20 PM
You could always petition instead of posting anonymously on the forums.

http://utahvalley360.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Tattle-tale.jpg

But he said his name in OP

paulgiamatti
04-27-2015, 02:49 PM
Yeah, there is pretty much zero respect for Quillmane as a camp on this server, unless you have a person parked at every spawn point. If you want to hold it down bring four people - one for each spawn point and one to kill placeholders.

I do sympathize with the OP though - if I want to camp some Quillmane and I arrive in South Karana only to find someone solo-camping it, I find something else to do instead of steamrolling over them or surreptitiously tracking down any Quillmanes that they spawn.

Ezalor
04-27-2015, 02:50 PM
you shouldn't be able to claim quillmane as a camp. due to numerous mechanics at play. just because his spawn mechanics were reverse engineered so now everyone knows how to make him spawn doesn't mean you can claim the entire zone. "all a gnoll are belong to me!"

actually, you can 100% claim QM as a camp as long as you have a person sitting on each spawn point

also it's pretty dick to snipe QM from someone who is clearly doing the work to trigger him

Crabbles
04-27-2015, 02:51 PM

I'm inclined to agree with Grimjaw here. Sure, it would have been nice if the dude respected the effort your group had put in, but that's not always the case. Had you been on Red, there's one way you can solve this problem :p

paulgiamatti
04-27-2015, 02:56 PM
actually, you can 100% claim QM as a camp as long as you have a person sitting on each spawn point

also it's pretty dick to snipe QM from someone who is clearly doing the work to trigger him

Agreed - but I wouldn't necessarily say "claim" is the right word here. You can lock it down to the point that people probably won't contest it, but - and correct me if I'm wrong - according to server rules every placeholder for Quillmane and every Quillmane that spawns is 100% FFA, regardless of how many people are camping it.

fennixad
04-27-2015, 03:08 PM
we were 4 not 3 sorry. the petition have been done. And yes, people must know that things.

fennixad
04-27-2015, 03:22 PM
GM reply: "Since QM spawns at multiple locations, its is technically considered an FFA mob unless every spawn point is camped."
For logse students: "unless every spawn point is camped"
I just wanted you to know what ppl we have in the server. i wont reply anymore. Sorry about that. gl hf =)

Thulack
04-27-2015, 03:26 PM

Obviously you dont know how quillmane spawns to think that people are claiming gnolls for him ;)

zanderklocke
04-27-2015, 03:34 PM
I used to sell cloaks for people, but realized that was more trouble than it was worth due to people sniping Quillmane.

One time, I spent like 40 minutes and couldn't find Quillmane, which was pretty odd. Usually, I'd see him every 15 to 20 minutes after killing placeholder triggers. I'm running around the zone, and I finally find a level 21 ranger bow kiting Quillmane around. I let him know I've been killing placeholders and running the zone to track him, but the ranger just responds with "FTE" as a response. He then spends 20 minutes killing the mob since he has to snare Quillmane, fire the bow, and then run and sit to regen hp he loses when Quillmane catches him. I asked if he would leave future Quillmanes alone, and he responds, "No, I will track and FTE Quillmane if I see him pop onto my track." I indicate that I will stop killing placeholders; he responds, "I don't care, I'm in South Karana to level."

This other time, I was going to help a warrior in Forceful Entry get a cloak...probably like 2 years ago, and some people in a defunct-guild (who no longer play) screwed with me and the guy in Forceful Entry. The FE guy said he had someone watching the hermit hut spawn point, but that person was going to leave soon. Sure enough, I head to the spawn point and someone from defunct guild is covering the spawn point. I ask the guy at the hermit hut if he is helping the Forceful Entry warrior; he does not respond. I figure he must be afk, so I run to the next spawn point while the warrior is killing placeholders. At this spawn point is another defunct-guild person I didn't know was there, and similarly he doesn't respond to any tells. I run to the final spawn location and there's a third defunct-guild member. This guy responds and indicates he doesn't know anything about the Forceful Entry warrior, but he's there to watch the spawn point for the guy at the hermit hut, who needs a cloak. I guess these three people swindled the warrior and convinced him to kill placeholders while they reaped the fruits of his labor. ...This was the tipping point that made me stop doing the camp and the beginning of my negative impression of the P99 community.

If you sniped a Quillmane from someone you know was actively working to spawn Quillmane, especially if you used my guide, fuck all y'all.

fastboy21
04-27-2015, 03:38 PM
the problem with applying the regular rules to the Quillmane camp mechanics is that it is fairly unique. The most comparable issue is the AC in SRO...and you see the exact same (jerky) behavior there as with Quillmane hunting.

by the rules it would seem to me that the person sitting at the spawn point has claim to the camp, whether they are actively attempting to spawn him or not. Whether this is fair or not is really something for GMs to rule on (I haven't seen a specific Quillmane camp post by a GM).

in a way, if a grp of five is trying to spawn and get cloaks (1 killing and 4 sitting on the spawn points) then it is more or less 4 separate camps. Just because folks are cooperating together and sharing the spoils doesn't change the rules. If you come with 3 people, there is nothing explicitly wrong that I can find with some random person (out of your grp) setting up camp on one of the vacant spawn points.

be prepared to be very frustrated with this camp (by its nature it is frustrating even without running into jerks) if you do anything other than go with a full team. i attempted the camp solo several times, always going at very off hours, with my bard (speed/track). I've gotten Quillmane to spawn many times only to have him sniped from someone else while I was finding him. Its just easier to buy a 10k service, or bring your own friends, to hunt it.

people are consistently jerky there. i'm convinced that while i was playing there was a druid "solo'ing" near one of the spawn points specifically in the hopes of eventually seeing a Quillmane spawn within his nuke range. It is just one of the costs of trying to do Quillmane. Expect to have him killed while you are spawning him by other people; expect to kill him without the cloak dropping; expect to see some folks link in /ooc the cloak from the Quillmane (that you spawned) that they just looted. Its just part of the camp.

Ezalor
04-27-2015, 03:39 PM
One time, I spent like 40 minutes and couldn't find Quillmane, which was pretty odd. Usually, I'd see him every 15 to 20 minutes after killing placeholder triggers. I'm running around the zone, and I finally find a level 21 ranger bow kiting Quillmane around. I let him know I've been killing placeholders and running the zone to track him, but the ranger just responds with "FTE" as a response. He then spends 20 minutes killing the mob since he has to snare Quillmane, fire the bow, and then run and sit to regen hp he loses when Quillmane catches him. I asked if he would leave future Quillmanes alone, and he responds, "No, I will track and FTE Quillmane if I see him pop onto my track." I indicate that I will stop killing placeholders; he responds, "I don't care, I'm in South Karana to level."

the ranger in question was prolly Grimjaw or one of the other douche bags in this thread

a simple "don't be a dick" policy should be common sense but it baffles how some ppl are willing to be horrible to each other

Itap
04-27-2015, 03:45 PM
I used to sell cloaks for people, but realized that was more trouble than it was worth due to people sniping Quillmane.

This other time, I was going to help a warrior in Forceful Entry get a cloak...probably like 2 years ago, and some people in a defunct-guild (who no longer play) screwed with me and the guy in Forceful Entry. The FE guy said he had someone watching the hermit hut spawn point, but that person was going to leave soon. Sure enough, I head to the spawn point and someone from defunct guild is covering the spawn point. I ask the guy at the hermit hut if he is helping the Forceful Entry warrior; he does not respond. I figure he must be afk, so I run to the next spawn point while the warrior is killing placeholders. At this spawn point is another defunct-guild person I didn't know was there, and similarly he doesn't respond to any tells. I run to the final spawn location and there's a third defunct-guild member. This guy responds and indicates he doesn't know anything about the Forceful Entry warrior, but he's there to watch the spawn point for the guy at the hermit hut, who needs a cloak. I guess these three people swindled the warrior and convinced him to kill placeholders while they reaped the fruits of his labor. ...This was the tipping point that made me stop doing the camp and the beginning of my negative impression of the P99 community.

If you sniped a Quillmane from someone you know was actively working to spawn Quillmane, especially if you used my guide, fuck all y'all.

Name the guild

Seltius
04-27-2015, 03:55 PM
I swear a few years ago both Quill and AC in Sro were considered camps or at least people respected each other more. I remember camping both camps and never having a problem. We had guildies out in SK for hours on the spawn points and would just cycle through getting everyone cloaks. Good time to be had by all then.

Has Ragefire gone to FTE also? I know the mechanics are slightly different but how does triggering 2 and turning in to trigger another really differ?(I know there is a massive time sink in the cleric epic but this is just for example purposes not logistics)

Darkatar
04-27-2015, 03:58 PM
Unbiased log of the events in OOC.

[Mon Apr 27 14:16:18 ] Mirgan says out of character, 'mage, stop stole quillmane'
[Mon Apr 27 14:16:21 ] Mirgan says out of character, 'ty'
[Mon Apr 27 14:17:02 ] Mirgan says out of character, 'or i'm gonna petition it'
[Mon Apr 27 14:17:13 ] You say out of character, 'Sadly, quillmane is FTE'
[Mon Apr 27 14:17:29 ] Dodgethis says out of character, 'gilgalfindel stole quillmane'
[Mon Apr 27 14:17:38 ] Kataphroneo says out of character, 'the more things change....'
[Mon Apr 27 14:17:41 ] Grimfrost says out of character, 'another day in SK, another Quillmane drama'
[Mon Apr 27 14:17:53 ] Dodgethis says out of character, 'ppl is fuking retard thats all'
[Mon Apr 27 14:18:09 ] Mirgan says out of character, 'he says NO, he's a liar'
[Mon Apr 27 14:18:24 ] Kataphroneo says out of character, 'ppl KS for the same reason they drive oversied pickups or sports cars to compensate'
[Mon Apr 27 14:18:52 ] Dodgethis says out of character, 'we are 3 ppl camping it, he is running arround trying to steal, i told him it was camped and he steal it'
[Mon Apr 27 14:19:01 ] You say out of character, 'Don't hate the player, hate the people that allow the bullshit (staff)'
[Mon Apr 27 14:19:03 ] Kataphroneo says out of character, 'for the "little" joke God played on them between the legs'
[Mon Apr 27 14:19:04 ] Gilgalfindel says out of character, 'bah i been huntin lion'
[Mon Apr 27 14:19:23 ] Dodgethis says out of character, 'you are trying to steal it because you are running arround the camp'
[Mon Apr 27 14:19:55 ] Gilgalfindel says out of character, 'i been hanging around near hermit hut and near aviak village'
[Mon Apr 27 14:20:04 ] Gilgalfindel says out of character, 'also near paw'
[Mon Apr 27 14:20:08 ] Dodgethis says out of character, 'how can u be that asshole? you could have say and we would help you in other time, but no you have to steal it. np. you will need help im sure of it. and dont remove roleplay because i will speak with your guild be sure'
[Mon Apr 27 14:21:24 ] Gilgalfindel says out of character, 'want to buy some cat pelts? have 4lq and 2mq'
[Mon Apr 27 14:21:38 ] Gilgalfindel says out of character, 'my 3 hq are not for sale that's why i'm running around here'
[Mon Apr 27 14:21:49 ] Kataphroneo says out of character, 'startig to rem why I been playing LOTRO for past 5 years'
[Mon Apr 27 14:22:53 ] Kataphroneo says out of character, 'there are tiny peckers that compensate by acting out there to, but they don't casue a big stir'
[Mon Apr 27 14:28:32 ] Gilgalfindel says out of character, 'he stole my lioness lol'

Itap
04-27-2015, 04:06 PM
I drive an oversized pickup because I can. Murica

nyclin
04-27-2015, 04:15 PM
sux but you can't honestly blame someone for killing a wandering rare spawn with a desirable drop that was not engaged

unless you're OOCing every 2 minutes saying that you're camping quillmane, it's possible that the guy didn't even know QM was being camped

Glenzig
04-27-2015, 05:03 PM
Wait! Anyone can kill Quillmane regardless of who is forcing the spawn. Just like AC. So you're all posting stories about people who made you mad because they were following the rules?

Swish
04-27-2015, 05:18 PM
Unbiased log of the events in OOC.

[Mon Apr 27 14:16:18 ] Mirgan says out of character, 'mage, stop stole quillmane'
[Mon Apr 27 14:16:21 ] Mirgan says out of character, 'ty'
[Mon Apr 27 14:17:02 ] Mirgan says out of character, 'or i'm gonna petition it'
[Mon Apr 27 14:17:13 ] You say out of character, 'Sadly, quillmane is FTE'
[Mon Apr 27 14:17:29 ] Dodgethis says out of character, 'gilgalfindel stole quillmane'
[Mon Apr 27 14:17:38 ] Kataphroneo says out of character, 'the more things change....'
[Mon Apr 27 14:17:41 ] Grimfrost says out of character, 'another day in SK, another Quillmane drama'
[Mon Apr 27 14:17:53 ] Dodgethis says out of character, 'ppl is fuking retard thats all'
[Mon Apr 27 14:18:09 ] Mirgan says out of character, 'he says NO, he's a liar'
[Mon Apr 27 14:18:24 ] Kataphroneo says out of character, 'ppl KS for the same reason they drive oversied pickups or sports cars to compensate'
[Mon Apr 27 14:18:52 ] Dodgethis says out of character, 'we are 3 ppl camping it, he is running arround trying to steal, i told him it was camped and he steal it'
[Mon Apr 27 14:19:01 ] You say out of character, 'Don't hate the player, hate the people that allow the bullshit (staff)'
[Mon Apr 27 14:19:03 ] Kataphroneo says out of character, 'for the "little" joke God played on them between the legs'
[Mon Apr 27 14:19:04 ] Gilgalfindel says out of character, 'bah i been huntin lion'
[Mon Apr 27 14:19:23 ] Dodgethis says out of character, 'you are trying to steal it because you are running arround the camp'
[Mon Apr 27 14:19:55 ] Gilgalfindel says out of character, 'i been hanging around near hermit hut and near aviak village'
[Mon Apr 27 14:20:04 ] Gilgalfindel says out of character, 'also near paw'
[Mon Apr 27 14:20:08 ] Dodgethis says out of character, 'how can u be that asshole? you could have say and we would help you in other time, but no you have to steal it. np. you will need help im sure of it. and dont remove roleplay because i will speak with your guild be sure'
[Mon Apr 27 14:21:24 ] Gilgalfindel says out of character, 'want to buy some cat pelts? have 4lq and 2mq'
[Mon Apr 27 14:21:38 ] Gilgalfindel says out of character, 'my 3 hq are not for sale that's why i'm running around here'
[Mon Apr 27 14:21:49 ] Kataphroneo says out of character, 'startig to rem why I been playing LOTRO for past 5 years'
[Mon Apr 27 14:22:53 ] Kataphroneo says out of character, 'there are tiny peckers that compensate by acting out there to, but they don't casue a big stir'
[Mon Apr 27 14:28:32 ] Gilgalfindel says out of character, 'he stole my lioness lol'

This is part of the journey that filters out the good people and either turns the good ones into shitty ones (monkey see, monkey do) or makes them play something/somewhere else. By 60 you're either someone who isn't immersed or someone who's going to lawyerquest for victory.

Maybe blue needs more rules? Seems like there's still loopholes?

Samoht
04-27-2015, 05:35 PM
This was the tipping point that made me stop doing the camp and the beginning of my negative impression of the P99 community.

For the TL;DR crowd: guy who monopolizes every low level mob when he's in the zone with you and trains noobies is complaining about people taking mobs from him.

frantz256255
04-27-2015, 06:03 PM

YEAH !!

Hey Guys dont forget -> Everquest is not a camp...

You get a monster when you aggro this last....
:)

Happy hunting !

Also

If you hate a player stole you a monster, go to play on the red server !

PSS : sorry about my english i m a poor french canadian

zanderklocke
04-27-2015, 06:03 PM
For the TL;DR crowd: guy who monopolizes every low level mob when he's in the zone with you and trains noobies is complaining about people taking mobs from him.

Ok.

Ethics Disclaimer
I will make all efforts to provide a service that is fast and efficient while remaining ethical. All attempts will be made to avoid interrupting other players' regular leveling experiences. I will always work with other players if there is a possibility they may feel interrupted by my power level session, and if a zone is too crowded, I may choose to end the session to ensure the client and other players all have the most positive experience possible. I may choose to end the session or deny service if the client requests I act in an unethical manner.

paulgiamatti
04-27-2015, 07:38 PM
Wait! Anyone can kill Quillmane regardless of who is forcing the spawn. Just like AC. So you're all posting stories about people who made you mad because they were following the rules?

Not killing a Quillmane that someone else spawned is just as much within the rules as killing it would be, but it would be the more generous thing to do. Just because you can FTE certain mobs and rule-lawyer your way through the game, that doesn't mean at every possible opportunity you should.

kaev
04-27-2015, 09:38 PM

You haven't a clue wtf you're talking about. Zander's a good guy, one of the few bards on this server whose corpse wouldn't make me smile.

Sadre Spinegnawer
04-27-2015, 09:55 PM
Quillmane is such a goddam pain in the ass, that if you see that people are set up to actually try and camp that fuckspawn, and you mess with them, you're just being a dick.

But, people have a right to be a dick, and so I think with Quillmane you just have to be prepared you may have to set up your camp some other time, when the dicks aren't gonna try to snipe ya. Lots of good players on server. Sorry you got a bad one.

Glenzig
04-27-2015, 10:49 PM
Not killing a Quillmane that someone else spawned is just as much within the rules as killing it would be, but it would be the more generous thing to do. Just because you can FTE certain mobs and rule-lawyer your way through the game, that doesn't mean at every possible opportunity you should.

But it means that by rule you can. It's less of a rule lawyering tactic than trying to convince people that they cant claim fte on Quillmane. And if you choose to, you get called out on the forums? How does that make sense?
Same deal ad bards kiting. Its usually at least kind of a jerk move, sometimes its a real douche move, but it is well within the rules. Why should people be getting called out on the forums when they are playing within the rules?

Glenzig
04-27-2015, 11:02 PM
so you want the freedom to be a shitbag without any of the consequences

got it

I guess that's one way to look at it. I've never taken a quillmane or any other mob from someone by claiming fte. I have had others do it to me though. I chose to not take the kill. They chose to. Did I think to myself that they were jerks? Yeah. Did I run to the forums and cry about it? No. They are both perfectly acceptable choices according to the staff.
I think its funny that people can try to drag someone's name through the mud on the forums when they haven't actually broken any rules at all and not face some sort of discipline themselves.
If you have a problem with Quillmane being fte, maybe put in a petition to have it changed.

jarshale
04-28-2015, 12:14 AM
Those are the rules unfortunately. If you want to run in there and grab someones spawn you can. I've done it to people, others have done it to me. That's just how the community is here.

Sadre Spinegnawer
04-28-2015, 12:20 AM
Those are the rules unfortunately. If you want to run in there and grab someones spawn you can. I've done it to people, others have done it to me. That's just how the community is sometimes.

fixed

Samoht
04-28-2015, 08:46 AM
You haven't a clue wtf you're talking about. Zander's a good guy, one of the few bards on this server whose corpse wouldn't make me smile.

Bullshit. I've seen him train every Sarnak in LOIO across a group of 5 inside the fort, leaving them with nothing but corpses. His ethics disclaimer is just a farce. He'll do anything for the PP.

Archie
04-28-2015, 09:44 AM
Too many cry-hards.

... Let me tell you back in my day...

Moral: Quill is not a camp

RevengeofGio
04-28-2015, 11:55 AM
But it means that by rule you can. It's less of a rule lawyering tactic than trying to convince people that they cant claim fte on Quillmane. And if you choose to, you get called out on the forums? How does that make sense?
Same deal ad bards kiting. Its usually at least kind of a jerk move, sometimes its a real douche move, but it is well within the rules. Why should people be getting called out on the forums when they are playing within the rules?

Because you can't make a rule that makes people be nice to each other.

Glenzig
04-28-2015, 11:57 AM
Because you can't make a rule that makes people be nice to each other.

I guess that extends to calling people out on the forums for what essentially amounts to nothing.

Sadre Spinegnawer
04-28-2015, 12:25 PM
I guess that extends to calling people out on the forums for what essentially amounts to nothing.

It's ironic you are defending ffa in game, but being butthurt about it here. People get called out on the forums all the time. Deal with it.

Doragoon
04-28-2015, 01:25 PM
Clinton was called out for getting a bj. Nothing wrong with that legally speaking. Yet it was still made VERY public. =P

kaev
04-28-2015, 01:30 PM
I think its funny that people can try to drag someone's name through the mud on the forums when they haven't actually broken any rules at all and not face some sort of discipline themselves.

That's simply not true. The OP exposed himself to the exact same judgement of his peers that he's advocating for the guy he's complaining about. It's a social environment. "Name and shame" carries the inherent risk of turning and biting the user.

kaev
04-28-2015, 01:46 PM
Bullshit. I've seen him train every Sarnak in LOIO across a group of 5 inside the fort, leaving them with nothing but corpses. His ethics disclaimer is just a farce. He'll do anything for the PP.

OMGOMGOMG!! Some guy fucked up once, therefore everything he's ever done is part of a malicious plot and everything he's ever said is a lie!!

You sure you want to be judged that way yourself? Are you truly that confident in your personal perfection? Seems to me that anonymous forum sniping is a lot shittier than one inadvertent training incident.

Zander's a good guy. If something he does causes you problems in-game take it up with him in-game.

zanderklocke
04-28-2015, 02:06 PM

I'd be happy to reimburse anyone for trouble I might have caused that I'm not aware of. If you know who the people are and can have them message me on forums, I'll make sure to log in and reimburse them.

fastboy21
04-28-2015, 02:22 PM
zander = class act.

Glenzig
04-28-2015, 04:16 PM
It's ironic you are defending ffa in game, but being butthurt about it here. People get called out on the forums all the time. Deal with it.

Who said anything about ffa? I said fte.

eisley
04-28-2015, 04:33 PM

Quillmane is truly the bastion of the dregs of the community, unfortunately. I've sold/given away many cloaks as well, over fifty by now, and so I've gotten my fill of the general scenario, and this post sums up my feelings as well.

One example, there was a 60 wizard from Doljo who used to log in specifically when I was in SK farming cloaks. As in they would /who all me, wait for me to be there, then log in and try to steal it. This occurred on like five separate days. I would have one person on each spawn point, and me killing triggers, and he'd sit himself and a buddy or two right on top of the spawn points and flat KS quill when she popped. Later he evolved into aggroing every mob in SK and kiting them around, presumably assuming he was blocking me from spawning it. One time he had a massive train of every animal in SK on him, he ran up to a 80% quillmane, nuked it, killstole it, it had a cloak and he sat on the corpse - I guess waiting for his friend to arrive to loot it - and while sitting on the corpse, the train of greens on him slowly whittled away until he died and we got the cloak. A level 60 wizard.

The sad thing, had he just asked me on day 1, I would have gotten him a cloak no problem. Instead he wasted days and got nothing. This is just one example too, I've really learned that trolls are literally part of the experience farming Quillmane, sadly. I've had to explain the dreaded "FTE" to groupmates and what it means, and see the confused reactions, as if they can't believe that the rule seemingly exists to protect the trolls in this particular case.

Me, I mostly just find it humorous. I try to avoid that zone when anyone even thinks they're "camping Quillmane" even if they're clueless. But it's a great place to get a taste of why some people speak of this games' community the way they do.

Samoht
04-28-2015, 05:39 PM
OMGOMGOMG!! Some guy fucked up once, therefore everything he's ever done is part of a malicious plot and everything he's ever said is a lie!!

You sure you want to be judged that way yourself? Are you truly that confident in your personal perfection? Seems to me that anonymous forum sniping is a lot shittier than one inadvertent training incident.

Zander's a good guy. If something he does causes you problems in-game take it up with him in-game.

Once? You must have missed all of the complaints about bard zone monopolization. This idiot is just as guilty as the next bard. Are you guilded with him or something? You seem to have some white knight left on your chin after so vehemently defending the guy who has no problem degrading the playing experiences of others.

Clark
04-28-2015, 08:12 PM
who steals Quillmanes..what a scumbag

Modus
04-28-2015, 08:44 PM
stupid nonsense

So, you're a level 60 bard killing a level 30 named mob to increase your pixel hoard... and you're complaining about a level-appropriate ranger facing a level-appropriate and challenging encounter, who's trying to progress his character with a meaningful item...

Zander you're a scumbag - the problem with the P99 community is hoarder neckbeards like you.

Pokesan
04-28-2015, 10:03 PM
if I remember right, zander is also a dog murderer

maerilith
04-28-2015, 10:19 PM
If u Ely want to waste it life camping quillmane uncontested. Try red.

Sadre Spinegnawer
04-29-2015, 10:20 AM
Who said anything about ffa? I said fte.

^ future rule lawyer

Portasaurus
04-29-2015, 10:30 AM
dog murderer

WTB Dog Meat

nyclin
04-29-2015, 10:55 AM
zander did nothing wrong

poland was asking for it

Detoxx
04-29-2015, 12:41 PM
I'm inclined to agree with Grimjaw here. Sure, it would have been nice if the dude respected the effort your group had put in, but that's not always the case. Had you been on Red, there's one way you can solve this problem :p

What if they were out of level range? Then red doesnt fix shit dawg.

Glenzig
04-29-2015, 12:43 PM
^ future rule lawyer

Yeah. All I'm doing is saying that the mob is fte. First to engage. Not a camp per server rules. Therefore if the mob has not previously been engaged and someone decides to engage the mob they are playing within the rules. Cut and dry. No twisting or contorting of anything. No ifs ands or buts. But saying that someone should not be allowed to engage the mob because another person wanted it first is not rule lawyering? Trying to change the mob into a camp isn't rule lawyering?
Its not like they are breaking a rule and it needs to be brought to the attention of the staff. They are playing squarely within the rules. Yet posts are being made to try to make them look like they are dirty players. Make petitions to have the rule changed if it upsets you so badly.

Ella`Ella
04-29-2015, 12:44 PM
I'd be happy to reimburse anyone for trouble I might have caused that I'm not aware of. If you know who the people are and can have them message me on forums, I'll make sure to log in and reimburse them.

You've inconvenienced me several times during power leveling sessions in OT and in also in TunnelQuest in EC. I would like reparations.

Swish
04-29-2015, 12:49 PM
who steals Quillmanes..what a scumbag

The power of inflation compels them.

Ezalor
04-29-2015, 01:12 PM
Who Posted?
Total Posts: 55
Glenzig 6

this windbag really likes defending his right to be a douche bag

must be a libertarian

Samoht
04-29-2015, 01:57 PM
Yeah. All I'm doing is saying that the mob is fte. First to engage. Not a camp per server rules. Therefore if the mob has not previously been engaged and someone decides to engage the mob they are playing within the rules. Cut and dry. No twisting or contorting of anything. No ifs ands or buts. But saying that someone should not be allowed to engage the mob because another person wanted it first is not rule lawyering? Trying to change the mob into a camp isn't rule lawyering?
Its not like they are breaking a rule and it needs to be brought to the attention of the staff. They are playing squarely within the rules. Yet posts are being made to try to make them look like they are dirty players. Make petitions to have the rule changed if it upsets you so badly.

FTE is a raid thing. It does not apply for camps or groups.

kaev
04-29-2015, 02:28 PM

:D really? So when you engage mobs it's ok for me to KS? That's some awesome advice, best I've ever read on this forum.

Glenzig
04-29-2015, 02:31 PM

What? You for real?

HalflingWarrior
04-29-2015, 02:42 PM
Unfortunately character "reputation" means nothing on this server. In fact the leadership of the top guilds ENCOURAGE their players to be as stinky a douche as they can be whilst remaining within the confines of the "ruleset" they themselves have created.

Also of note is the fact that the GMs have shown extreme favoritism towards certain guilds. Just because THEIR player get away with something doesn't mean that YOU will go unpunished for identical actions.

Enjoy blue99!!!!

Samoht
04-29-2015, 02:48 PM
:D really? So when you engage mobs it's ok for me to KS? That's some awesome advice, best I've ever read on this forum.

no, KS is still a thing, but you cannot just walk into someone's camp and call FTE as you snipe their named. FTE does not exist for groups or camps. moran.

HalflingWarrior
04-29-2015, 02:59 PM
no, KS is still a thing, but you cannot just walk into someone's camp and call FTE as you snipe their named. FTE does not exist for groups or camps. moran.

Yea u can actually. We had a froglok armsman spawned with hammer the other night. Pulled all the guards and were killing them. At this point a TMO shammy runs past us and kills the armsman.

He said "the mob was up for 5 minutes so it became FFA." Like I said reputation means absolutely NOTHING on this server

Enjoy playing on blue99 y'all!!!!!

kaev
04-29-2015, 03:09 PM

Let me guess, you're one of those second generation trekkies who believe that a "Sensor" is a magical black box from the future worthy of capitalization and worship, right?

FTE is a simple acronym, shorthand for first to engage. It is a very basic rule, without FTE there can be no KS of roaming/pathing mobs. Under p99 server rules kill/loot rights for every outdoor mob that cannot be "camped" (i.e. pathers) belong to the first group/individual to engage.

Who are you in-game? I hate grouping with idiots and I'd like to add your toon to my ignore list.

Samoht
04-29-2015, 03:16 PM
Yea u can actually. We had a froglok armsman spawned with hammer the other night. Pulled all the guards and were killing them. At this point a TMO shammy runs past us and kills the armsman.

He said "the mob was up for 5 minutes so it became FFA." Like I said reputation means absolutely NOTHING on this server

Enjoy playing on blue99 y'all!!!!!

if your group killed the PH and still had a presence in the room, staff should have taken the loot from him to return to you and then reprimanded him. but i'm willing to bet that they would take forever to answer the petition, give some response about proof being required (hint: they have it) and left you with a sour taste in your mouth.

Glenzig
04-29-2015, 03:40 PM

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178634&highlight=Quillmane