PDA

View Full Version : Accused of 2boxing

dhaarkhorse
04-26-2015, 04:57 PM
So yesterday, My brother a lvl 11 shaman was helping me and his wife both lvl 5, level in Gfay. He was only there as a healer and possible offtank if pulls got nasty. We live in Florida and yesterday after noon we were under sever thunderstorm and tornado warnings. About 2 hours into our leveling, Braknar shows up and accuses of 2 boxing. So i disbanded the group with my sister inlaw and get taken to Unrest. Upon Zoning i go Linkdead due to a power surge effecting my wifi. Before i can even log back in, to jump through the hoops expected of me. My brother is banned and i can't get back into the server.

Now My brother posted in the petition section to which he basically got a "what i say goes.... 30day suspension" from Braknar. Even after trying to calmly explain the situation. His reasoning seemed to be that we weren't moving at the same time. I understand he is trying to keep 2 boxing from ruining the game but, this tough luck approach to innocent players is only going to drive people away. My brother was watching tv and only healing when his wife or i asked for it (in the same room).

There is not much reason to run around on a healer, especially when your 6lvls higher than the people your healing and not even part of the group. I'm not sure how long Braknar has been around but, i feel like this is an abuse of power and that its bullshit to be suspended for 30days because someone (who has been a member of the forums since this month) says so.

Given the opportunity i'd gladly run figure 8s around pools in unrest as proof that we weren't 2 boxing. whatever it takes to knock him off his high horse and show him we were innocent.

If anyone else has had an issue of this sort please FLAME on this for its my only chance to get my account back in the next 29days... and possibly the only way my brother will play again.

Thanks for reading my rant and have a nice day

Himalayan
04-27-2015, 03:51 AM
Look at it through his point of view.

You get accused of two boxing, and when he teleports you to another zone to prove your innocence your "wifi gets knocked out". There's no proof other than your account of the situation. Of course you'd be willing to run loops around ponds when its convenient for you to have someone else playing the other character, I mean, when your wifi is back up.

This server is a volunteer project running at 0 cost to its entire player base. If you disagree with their rules there are always other games and servers to play on that may be more accommodating to you.

Ivory
04-27-2015, 03:57 AM
Look at it through his point of view.

You get accused of two boxing, and when he teleports you to another zone to prove your innocence your "wifi gets knocked out". There's no proof other than your account of the situation. Of course you'd be willing to run loops around ponds when its convenient for you to have someone else playing the other character, I mean, when your wifi is back up.

This server is a volunteer project running at 0 cost to its entire player base. If you disagree with their rules there are always other games and servers to play on that may be more accommodating to you.

Except who goes through the trouble of all of this? Especially when you can just catch them 2 boxing again later if they really were?

It seems pretty obvious this is just a case of GM doing what they thought was right (perfectly understandable given what happened)....but turns out it wasn't what they thought.

They should just unban and move on. Does anyone win by doubling down on the ban and driving away players? :|

Himalayan
04-27-2015, 04:08 AM
Except who goes through the trouble of all of this? Especially when you can just catch them 2 boxing again later if they really were?

It seems pretty obvious this is just a case of GM doing what they thought was right (perfectly understandable given what happened)....but turns out it wasn't what they thought.

They should just unban and move on. Does anyone win by doubling down on the ban and driving away players? :|

Who goes through the trouble of writing a post on a forum with a story to get their account unbanned? Specifically after their appeal to be unbanned is denied? Just about every person its ever happened to. Ever.

Ivory
04-27-2015, 04:22 AM
Who goes through the trouble of writing a post on a forum with a story to get their account unbanned? Specifically after their appeal to be unbanned is denied? Just about every person its ever happened to. Ever.

Then why not just give the benefit of the doubt and check in a few times while invisible?

Assuming everyone is lying is a rather ugly way to live life haha.

HappyTr33z
04-27-2015, 04:24 AM
Yeah but so would someone who didn't do anything wrong at all, this logic doesn't work. Bottom line is : it's a video game, give the dude a warning and just watch him extra close for a while. If he slips up again then no excuses, if not then everyone stays happy and the server retains some lifeblood.

Aussie
04-27-2015, 04:38 AM
We don't just show up to people who are hanging out together, we have means and ways to find people who are 2boxing.

Follow the rules set out by the server operators who provide this fantastic classic everquest experience for you, and you will not have any problems.

Dirtnap
04-27-2015, 04:39 AM
P99 works on an "everyone is guilty" mentality, and getting them to reverse something is near impossible.

Going so far as to send birth certificates proving you have a brother, and the marriage certificate to prove he has a wife, won't get them to reverse the suspension.

EDIT: I've played this server off and on for years with my twin brother. We've never been tested for boxing, and we do shit like have my bard auto follow his monk playing healing song.

Ivory
04-27-2015, 04:47 AM
We don't just show up to people who are hanging out together, we have means and ways to find people who are 2boxing.

Follow the rules set out by the server operators who provide this fantastic classic everquest experience for you, and you will not have any problems.

Lemme guess, they were playing out of the same house and the IPs matched? So you went to check on them?

And they hadn't filed the right papers for approval first? :P

Aussie
04-27-2015, 04:52 AM
No, it's alot more involved then just simply two clients from the same IP, as above many players play on the server with family members without any GM intervention.

Clark
04-27-2015, 04:53 AM
http://icons.wxug.com/hurricane/2013/andrea_radar_jun6.png

Clark
04-27-2015, 04:54 AM
http://www.srh.noaa.gov/images/mlb/surveys/katrina/katrina_pic.gif

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/8a/Internetusage.png

DarkwingDuck
04-27-2015, 05:03 AM
Clark ftw

quido
04-27-2015, 05:52 AM
Ivory, are you Supreme?

fastboy21
04-27-2015, 06:07 AM

No. It isn't pretty obvious. It doesn't turn out any which way. Apparently, the GMs have methods for catching 2-boxing. Somehow, the OP fit the criteria AND then went LD when called to be tested on it. Of course, it's possible the OP is honest. It certainly seems that given all available information the GM didn't unfairly arrive at his conclusion.

No, they shouldn't. IMO this doesn't drive players away. In the long run, its policies like these that have made P99 the best emu server ever with a huge population.

30 Day suspension isn't the end of the world. Low lvl characters could easily re-lvl to where they were in much less time.

Even if you are right, you are wrong to handle it by posting in the forums. You elevate your case to the next GM through petitions and private messages. Trying to publicly call out the guide/GM on the forums in and of itself should be a suspension.

And, stop two-boxing.

Ivory
04-27-2015, 06:56 AM
Apparently, the GMs have methods for catching 2-boxing. Somehow, the OP fit the criteria AND then went LD when called to be tested on it.

Maybe I'm too trusting :P Just goin off what we know so far.

Ivory, are you Supreme?

Why do you keep asking me that? :|

myriverse
04-27-2015, 07:03 AM
Assuming everyone is lying is a rather ugly way to live life haha.
Perhaps, but also wise.

The OP was being tested before he even got to class.

rekreant
04-27-2015, 07:17 AM
claiming that a power surge knocked out your wifi is akin to saying your dog ate your homework.

Ele
04-27-2015, 10:10 AM
reroll brah, just level 5

Ele
04-27-2015, 10:10 AM
claiming that a power surge knocked out your wifi is akin to saying your dog ate your homework.

don't plug on a GM, they have ultimate PK power

heartbrand
04-27-2015, 10:15 AM

How do people like this get caught instantly but people on red three or four box using VPN's with impunity?

Ryndar
04-27-2015, 10:16 AM
I've had tons of exemptions and still do I assume. Life has a way of throwing people for a loop.

My account is exempt with my wife's brother's and his girlfriend's. We've had all 4 accounts going hundreds of times in the same home.

I've never had a GM come ask me to run circles. Clearly OP and his "crew" were doing something shady, or questionable.

RevengeofGio
04-27-2015, 10:33 AM
How do people like this get caught instantly but people on red three or four box using VPN's with impunity?

Same reason they don't ban people being ass hats and doing other questionable things. If they get ban happy red would have like 10 people.

PS the reason they don't just warn on 2 boxing is everyone would try 2 boxing... come on now.

Luniz
04-27-2015, 10:38 AM

Same reason they don't ban people being ass hats and doing other questionable things. If they get ban happy red would have like 10 people.

PS the reason they don't just warn on 2 boxing is everyone would try 2 boxing... come on now.

man this is a dumb post... "they don't ban 2 boxers on red because it would only have 10 people left"

Omnifiend
04-27-2015, 10:38 AM
I live in Florida. We've had pretty bad thunderstorms all weekend.

Guide.Chroma
04-27-2015, 11:23 AM
I want to reiterate that "n" boxing is not tolerated on either of the servers.

I'm under no illusion that Red probably has plenty of violations. I share the opinion that Red in general needs more staff attention, and I'm trying to start giving some of it. If you suspect a box, petition it.

(tangential from the OP of the thread, but it wasn't my action so I've nothing to add there)

wormed
04-27-2015, 11:35 AM
This thread surprises me. Mainly because, historically, people who make these posts are almost always guilty. It's always a laugh when the GM swoops in on these threads and undeniably proves the OP to be lying.

The coincidences are too much. Really? Accused and then goes LD? Come on... People...

Naivete in this world. Sometimes...

RevengeofGio
04-27-2015, 11:37 AM

man this is a dumb post... "they don't ban 2 boxers on red because it would only have 10 people left"

Not what I said. If you want to call people dumb please don't be the guy who changes what was said.

Rules on red are pretty damn relaxed atm. If you went ban heavy suddenly you'd end up with a pretty low population. This isn't a dumb concept or a dumb post; this is just how the cookie crumbles.

Crabbles
04-27-2015, 11:39 AM
I'm just waiting for OP to page-eight himself *eats popcorn*

mr_jon3s
04-27-2015, 11:39 AM
Sucks that this happened but you all were really low level andits better just to make a new account and level. In 30 days depending on how long you play and what classyou can easily get 40+.

Glenzig
04-27-2015, 01:07 PM
Oh no! How will you ever get a level 11 and two level 5 characters again? That crafty GM destroyed literally hours of work!

Lictor
04-27-2015, 01:35 PM
Just say your 'brother' or 'girlfriend' or wife's mother's friend's son's dog who you have adopted and plays eq with you has some terminal illness. I hear that gets you off the hook.

Swish
04-27-2015, 01:40 PM
"brother" in first sentence.

case closed.

feanan
04-27-2015, 01:42 PM
Just use laptop and vpn like all the other two boxers.

Swish
04-27-2015, 01:44 PM
P99 works on an "everyone is guilty" mentality, and getting them to reverse something is near impossible.

Going so far as to send birth certificates proving you have a brother, and the marriage certificate to prove he has a wife, won't get them to reverse the suspension.

EDIT: I've played this server off and on for years with my twin brother. We've never been tested for boxing, and we do shit like have my bard auto follow his monk playing healing song.

When are we gonna allow two-boxing?

http://i.imgur.com/fBjQ3Y7.png

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1019902&postcount=8

sup Dirtnap, still being a scumbag I see. Ever sell those 16 names?

Sadre Spinegnawer
04-27-2015, 01:47 PM
http://icons.wxug.com/hurricane/2013/andrea_radar_jun6.png

PROOF

Monty405
04-27-2015, 01:50 PM
I think I kind of saw this happen in unrest? I remember seeing a green name and thinking "cool". I then killed a death beetle.

He dropped some legs and a silver coin.

Sadre Spinegnawer
04-27-2015, 01:53 PM
So how long was your brother afk or not actually playing the toon but doing something else?

Wrench
04-27-2015, 02:12 PM
reroll brah, just level 5

Oh no! How will you ever get a level 11 and two level 5 characters again? That crafty GM destroyed literally hours of work!

maybe they have an ip exemption?

Eunomia
04-27-2015, 02:23 PM
Just use laptop and vpn like all the other two boxers.

This will not protect you. :)

Ella`Ella
04-27-2015, 02:25 PM

No one is safe from Eunomia. No one!

Neoptolemus12
04-27-2015, 02:43 PM
The OP may very well be innocent but also acknowledges that boxing would ruin the server. Acknowledging this and going through the process of getting an exemption means you should know the stance they take on this for P99.

This sounds like a lesson in common sense to me. You know the stance on boxing so don't play in suspicious ways. One of the very few sacrifices for playing on this FREE server is that if your going to play with someone in your house you both need to be playing ACTIVELY. Semi AFK healing might be innocent but it sure doesn't look like it. Just don't play together if one of you is going to be semi AFK, it's pretty simple. SMALL sacrifice for a FREE game.

Bromgard
04-27-2015, 02:46 PM
I never get tired of reading these ridiculous excuses.

Face it. You were two-boxing. Clear as day. Your characters were low level so you didn't lose any major time investments in the game. So suck it up and face your punishment.

The reason GMs wont give you a second chance to "prove" that you werent boxing by running around in separate circles, is because you have the time and opportunity to actually enlist a second person to play your account for you. Does not change the fact that in that moment, you were, in fact, playing both accounts yourself.

Somehow you think the GMs and the people of this server are too stupid to see through your lies. You are wrong. Go away.

Erica
04-27-2015, 02:58 PM
As mentioned in this thread, I'm sure the GM thought you were boxing for more than just not moving at the same time, or from your internet going out.

I was afk playing mana song for hours while someone else was killing stuff once and someone called a GM for "boxing". I was still afk when they showed up so they couldn't test us if they wanted to. They left and nothing bad ever happened the rest of the time I was away, and nothing asked after I came back. I was even on an IP that I didn't use normally (at work).

I've only had one semi-bad experience with a GM, which was being accused of something before they checked the logs which would have easily shown that I was not doing what they first accused me of. I won't go into that though since other than that one time, I think the GM is great. They probably checked the logs after since when I denied it they left me alone.

heartbrand
04-27-2015, 03:03 PM

It's allowed Lite and others to three and four box since 2012 on red99. Some of them even literally streamingn themselves on twitch boxing and joking about it on forums, posting screenshots etc. So yes, it certainly seems as though it will protect you on red99. 2 boxing also on red99 seems to only be a suspension.

Seltius
04-27-2015, 03:05 PM
I was afk playing mana song for hours while someone else was killing stuff once and someone called a GM for "boxing". I was still afk when they showed up so they couldn't test us if they wanted to. They left and nothing bad ever happened the rest of the time I was away, and nothing asked after I came back. I was even on an IP that I didn't use normally (at work).

I call Shenanigans! This is proof members of the jury of a dirty exploiter! Why else would someone afk playing mana song for hours or even roll a bard if either they didnt have an unhealthy attachment to blue or were a dirty exploiter!

Eunomia
04-27-2015, 03:07 PM
It's allowed Lite and others to three and four box since 2012 on red99. Some of them even literally streamingn themselves on twitch boxing and joking about it on forums, posting screenshots etc. So yes, it certainly seems as though it will protect you on red99. 2 boxing also on red99 seems to only be a suspension.

We have just added more guides, heartbrand. I've been quite busy. Expect the "I didn't do it" threads to pop up on red soon. I should say expect MORE "I didn't do it" threads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2g5Hz17C4is

paulgiamatti
04-27-2015, 03:17 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ckz0vBU7xGs

Ennewi
04-27-2015, 03:19 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGpMLIayQEo

Dirtnap
04-27-2015, 03:34 PM

I love you too Swish. I don't play often enough to sell the names I saved, I mostly just check the forums for the day they allow two boxing.

EDIT: It still bothers me that the half elf in that picture doesn't have my face. =/

Ambrotos
04-27-2015, 03:38 PM
The good ol link dead issuse after a guide finds someone 2boxing. Was working just fine for hours, but as soon as a guide shows up there is an issue. 100% confirmed 2boxing.

Thulack
04-27-2015, 03:40 PM
I love you too Swish. I don't play often enough to sell the names I saved, I mostly just check the forums for the day they allow two boxing.

EDIT: It still bothers me that the half elf in that picture doesn't have my face. =/

So umm what names you got saved? ;)

Ezalor
04-27-2015, 03:48 PM

how the hell did you remember an obscure post from 2013 and then reference it in a random thread

you might want to rethink the amount of time you spend here man

yikes

Itap
04-27-2015, 03:55 PM
how the hell did you remember an obscure post from 2013 and then reference it in a random thread

yikes

You've made 10 posts in 4 hours today

Glenzig
04-27-2015, 03:57 PM

yikes

Swish doesn't bake his brain cells with barbiturates and opiates. Therefore he can actually remember stuff...and things...from...you're dumb! You mad?

Seltius
04-27-2015, 03:58 PM
The good ol link dead issuse after a guide finds someone 2boxing. Was working just fine for hours, but as soon as a guide shows up there is an issue. 100% confirmed 2boxing.

I blame the GMs we know you have a wife killswitch for anytime you want to make an example of someone. You slip a fwitch and bam its down.

Seltius
04-27-2015, 04:00 PM
I blame the GMs we know you have a wifi killswitch for anytime you want to make an example of someone. You slip a fwitch and bam its down.

Err no edit button... btw that was a joke *tries to hide tinfoil hat behind his back*

Swish
04-27-2015, 04:10 PM

yikes

it baffles how some ppl are willing to be horrible to each other

nyclin
04-27-2015, 04:19 PM

it absolutely will because it forces you to rely on observation rather than just looking at logged in IPs

I suppose there's nothing stopping you from banning someone just because of a hunch, but having a VPN in the mix gives the boxer plausible deniability.

Dirtnap
04-27-2015, 04:21 PM
So umm what names you got saved? ;)

I think they are all anime names. I figured Weeaboos would pay top dollar to be Naruto or Ichigo. I know I have the Kingdom Hearts Organization XIII members names as well.

yikes

Are you jealous of the long term bromance Swish and I share?

EDIT: I've been meaning for years to two box on brand new exempt accounts to see how long it would take to be banned.

kaev
04-27-2015, 04:22 PM
it absolutely will because it forces you to rely on observation rather than just looking at logged in IPs

I suppose there's nothing stopping you from banning someone just because of a hunch, but having a VPN in the mix gives the boxer plausible deniability.

Oh joy, yet another lawyerquester. I am looking forward to reading your "I didn't do nothin, honest!" post after your ban.

nyclin
04-27-2015, 04:27 PM
Oh joy, yet another lawyerquester. I am looking forward to reading your "I didn't do nothin, honest!" post after your ban.

you sound like an angry nerd

sorry but I don't play p99 anymore and never boxed anyway

Temig
04-27-2015, 04:30 PM

I'm pretty sure all the plausible deniability in the world will do you no good if the staff decides to ban you.

There's no need for them to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that you did anything wrong... that's just not how this works.

We're all guests allowed the play on the server. If the staff decides they don't want someone playing here for any (or no) reason whatsoever, that's how it's going to be.

I'm not saying this because I think the staff has abused this... it's just their rights running their server and if you're playing here you should know it could happen and nobody has to explain anything to anyone if it does.

nyclin
04-27-2015, 04:31 PM
I'm pretty sure all the plausible deniability in the world will do you no good if the staff decides to ban you.

and that's exactly what I said in my post

kaev
04-27-2015, 04:33 PM
sorry but I don't play p99 anymore and never boxed anyway

plays WoW, trolls p99 General Chat... how long you been banned here bro? :rolleyes:

Ezalor
04-27-2015, 04:38 PM
You've made 10 posts in 4 hours today

yikes

Eliseus
04-27-2015, 04:49 PM
Relive the classic Everquest MMORPG Gaming Experience as it was in 1999 and onward. Project 1999 is a free to play Emulated Everquest Server giving Players the opportunity to experience Classic EQ Once again, currently in the Kunark expansion and a max level of 60, with the look and feel of the old interface and several modifications making game mechanics similar to how the game used to be.

OP banned for doing classic stuff?

Inb4 ignorant responses about internet etc, yet these same people claim that swarming entire zones in threads like http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190651 was definitely doable.... el oh el

Time to throttle internet to have truly classic experience that all the ignorant people claim that all the EQ population played on in 1999?

Glenzig
04-27-2015, 04:58 PM
OP banned for doing classic stuff?

Inb4 ignorant responses about internet etc, yet these same people claim that swarming entire zones in threads like http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190651 was definitely doable.... el oh el

Time to throttle internet to have truly classic experience that all the ignorant people claim that all the EQ population played on in 1999?

How much did you pay for those accounts in 1999? How much would you pay here?

Eliseus
04-27-2015, 05:00 PM
How much did you pay for those accounts in 1999? How much would you pay here?

So are you saying being banned for boxing is not classic?

But to ultimately answer your question, probably the same I'm currently paying on live. Though irrelevant.

Oleris
04-27-2015, 05:02 PM
I found out what caused OP's power outage.

https://youtu.be/Zc5hzmpxs7A

Glenzig
04-27-2015, 05:06 PM
So are you saying being banned for boxing is not classic?

But to ultimately answer your question, probably the same I'm currently paying on live. Though irrelevant.

You played live for free? Also this isn't live. Its an emulator project. They can make their own rules if they want. Keep crying.

Eliseus
04-27-2015, 05:08 PM
You played live for free? Also this isn't live. Its an emulator project. They can make their own rules if they want. Keep crying.

Maybe you should re-read my post. It may assist you in understanding my response more.

I'm super crying, QQ Kachoo.

Troubled
04-27-2015, 05:20 PM
OP, if that is your real name, it looks p bab 4 u, criminal.

nuuki
04-27-2015, 05:45 PM
I found out what caused OP's power outage.

https://youtu.be/Zc5hzmpxs7A

Oh my goodness, please don't tell me that's a commuter train...

And, more importantly, imagine if the timing of that outage perfectly aligns with when the OP claims to have LDd and is actually an honest person lol

Autotune
04-27-2015, 07:19 PM

Yes it will.

Autotune
04-27-2015, 07:26 PM
The Guides guide to catching a 2boxer.

Check their information.
Watch them for several minutes.
Move characters to different locations.
Make them move different ways and talk at the same time, etc.

Ban them if they fail the field sobriety test.

If you're smart you can have a good defense in place for the moment you get moved or if boxers actually watched their surroundings with see invis they'd notice when players spotted them and they'd preemptively circumvent the entire ordeal.

Zade
04-27-2015, 07:32 PM
http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/did%20not%20read/grand/lol_didnt_read_gif_98784.gif

OP- K.O.
http://i.imgur.com/IGkz6oo.jpg

Formshifter
04-27-2015, 07:37 PM
i think zade's still pouting about getting busted :/

Zade
04-27-2015, 08:43 PM
what did i get busted for?

Nuggie
04-27-2015, 09:23 PM
I was playing my druid in unest the other day while I was out of town on my crappy labtop. Was plvling a guild mate for a bit. The labtop is so poor quality that I wouldn't be able to pass a field test. So I left. If you don't want to get banned you don't put yourself in the position where you look guilty.

Formshifter
04-27-2015, 10:57 PM
what did i get busted for?

oh right ^.~

Pookieson
04-28-2015, 05:54 AM
As someone who has played with groups of RL friends at one place with an IP exemption, i have never had ANY problems. For instance, my 2 RL brothers and my ex GF used to all play at my brothers sick pad in norcal every holiday we could get out there. It was awesome, 4 of us just grinding and having fun, and yea sometimes even with AFKs and what not, we never had any problems.

Even if you have an IP exemption, guess what, they can still see the NAME of the computer you are logged in from. So, if you are stupid enough to be 2 boxing on your computer and having another person play with you, its VERY easy for them to see that you are still boxing in their logs. Theres no fighting it either. Their servers no who is logging into them, and from what IP, and what computer. Best advice: dont box. If you truly werent, that blows, butttt your from Florida, and i dont believe you because all people from Florida are either criminals or geriatric criminals stealing my tax money via pensions. Just die already.

Pookieson
04-28-2015, 05:55 AM
edit: my 2 RL brothers, my ex-GF and I, there was four of us thuggin hard.

Luniz
04-28-2015, 09:51 AM

hahaha

do something on red server

who cares about level 5's and 11's on blue seriously...

Swish
04-28-2015, 09:56 AM
http://www.imageupload.co.uk/images/2015/04/28/roflbot.jpg

Zade
04-28-2015, 10:15 AM
oh right ^.~

still dont understand?

Rararboker
04-28-2015, 10:15 AM
Pookie sort of nailed it.

You know that .DLL file that comes with p99 updates?

It allows them to see a lot of information about what computer your currently signed into. Like Pookie said, this includes the username your signed into on your computer as well as the name of the computer itself. I'm pretty sure it also shows them a MAC address as well as the normal IP.

Which is why it is weird when they do occasionally get it wrong. Maybe only higher staff have access to all that info?

I've had them try and claim 2 people in my guild were 2boxing even though you can talk to both of them in TS and it was obviously 2 different guys. That and the fact they were camping two different mobs in two different zones....

Swish
04-28-2015, 10:20 AM
Best approach to boxing is not to do it... rather than going down the road of "how are they finding out?"

Luniz
04-28-2015, 10:23 AM
blatant 2 boxing occurs on red every day, the excuse of no action is "They have different IPS"

GM's do not do any kind of "testing"

anyone getting busted on blue is a level 5 or a level 10 becuase they are too new to understand the need for a seperate IP

zzzz....

Zade
04-28-2015, 10:45 AM
i used to test the shit out of red people.

they are all fantastic boxers. literally, fantastic. I developed countless tests where it was near impossible for me to do as an accomplished six boxer on other servers.

and they were able to do it. if they could do my tests, and no matter how much i KNOW they were boxing in the deepest part of my soul, I couldn't do shit if they passed.

Zade
04-28-2015, 10:46 AM
or they weren't boxing

dafier
04-28-2015, 03:29 PM
How to find if (n) boxing

1. Several captures.

2. Noticeable trends.

3. Sniffer Capture.

4. Evaluate current capture = positive or negative findings for (n) boxing.

Hawala
04-28-2015, 03:42 PM
It's happened several times where someone wants me to tag along with them, while their "wife" is powerleveling us. It was really bizarre, because the wife and the husband both used the same kinds of language trends, and would run down hallways in Dalnir's and say things like "Come up". I'm sure there are other ways to tell if someone is boxing too.

Grimjaw
04-28-2015, 03:46 PM
^ in groups like that I just go along with whatever I don't question it.

GinnasP99
04-28-2015, 03:59 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGpMLIayQEo

I miss your youtube videos =*(

Aviann
04-28-2015, 05:19 PM
I can vouche for the bad weather all across the southeast US considering my internet was dropping all the way in Louisiana. Sounds to me like either you were actually 2-boxing, or this new guide needs to at least give you a chance to pass the boxing tests before handing out a suspension like a fucking dick.

Either way, you aren't going to get another chance because they don't work like that, and as much as they say "Oh its volunteer" shit, they wouldn't give you the second chance even if they were paid to do what they do.

I've never heard of the guide that suspended you, but I'm hoping he was right in the suspension, otherwise this will just look horrible on his part and knowing the way our community works, 15 people will be banned off the forums for talking trash about him/her/maerilith, or he will be run off by an angry mob for fucking up.

TLDR, Eunomia is about the only good guide to make a name for themselves as of yet in the eyes of all of us(PRAS YOU EUNOMIA). The rest are swing and miss.

Formshifter
04-28-2015, 05:22 PM
TLDR, Eunomia is about the only good guide to make a name for themselves as of yet in the eyes of all of us(PRAS YOU EUNOMIA). The rest are swing and miss.

see i felt that way too, but then in another thread eunomia basically condoned RMT as long as legal tender wasnt involved

Formshifter
04-28-2015, 05:23 PM
i dont even know what to think anymore

Aviann
04-28-2015, 05:25 PM
see i felt that way too, but then in another thread eunomia basically condoned RMT as long as legal tender wasnt involved

Yea I didn't agree with that either and I believe the rule should be looked at a bit more. Don't get me wrong, I would love some of the nerds to get a chance at seeing real tits for once, but for fuck sake... Then again, I don't need tit pics, so that puts these nub broads showing off their tits in my tier of leveling. I don't want to group with a tit-pic PL noob in sebilis. That's the equivalent of paying for a PL to 50 and not knowing how to play the class.

Formshifter
04-28-2015, 05:30 PM
Yea I didn't agree with that either and I believe the rule should be looked at a bit more. Don't get me wrong, I would love some of the nerds to get a chance at seeing real tits for once, but for fuck sake... Then again, I don't need tit pics, so that puts these nub broads showing off their tits in my tier of leveling. I don't want to group with a tit-pic PL noob in sebilis. That's the equivalent of paying for a PL to 50 and not knowing how to play the class.

i thought seeing some boobies might make people relax some (especially red server), but then i realized theyre all so immersed that theyre probably asexual at this point anyway.

Champion_Standing
04-28-2015, 05:32 PM
OP is clearly innocent. GMs plz unban.

Aviann
04-28-2015, 05:32 PM
i thought seeing some boobies might make people relax some (especially red server), but then i realized theyre all so immersed that theyre probably asexual at this point anyway.

haha, yea man. I totally agree with you... Either that or it would backfire, and next thing you know everyone is in an uproar about how soandso saw soandso's tits, and then someone gets banned for posting them on a guild website.

Bromgard
04-29-2015, 05:15 PM
It's happened several times where someone wants me to tag along with them, while their "wife" is powerleveling us. It was really bizarre, because the wife and the husband both used the same kinds of language trends, and would run down hallways in Dalnir's and say things like "Come up". I'm sure there are other ways to tell if someone is boxing too.

I once powerleveled a pair of toons who were clearly boxing and also obtained the plat to pay for it via questionable means.

The guy claimed the other toon was his "wife," and when she wasnt afk on autofollow during the PL, he would send me tells from his "wife's" character making an overly concerted effort to sound like a female. Though it was obvious based on a variety of factors that it was, in fact, the same person.

I ended up sort of befriending the guy for a month or two because I felt sorry for him. I never reported him because he was actually quite a nice and generous person who was friendly to other players. Yet he kept up the ruse the entire time. Literally almost every day for weeks.

It was an amusing social experiment. It's amazing, but also sad, how much people are willing to commit just to have a slight advantage in a multiplayer game. In reality, the game is fun enough (actually, probably more fun and less stressful) when playing just one character but somehow they've entered this delusion where that isn't a desirable option. I'm still trying to figure out what causes this.

Darkatar
04-29-2015, 07:14 PM
It was an amusing social experiment. It's amazing, but also sad, how much people are willing to commit just to have a slight advantage in a multiplayer game. In reality, the game is fun enough (actually, probably more fun and less stressful) when playing just one character but somehow they've entered this delusion where that isn't a desirable option. I'm still trying to figure out what causes this.

Greed.

TrendyDru
04-30-2015, 10:33 PM
I once powerleveled a pair of toons who were clearly boxing and also obtained the plat to pay for it via questionable means.

The guy claimed the other toon was his "wife," and when she wasnt afk on autofollow during the PL, he would send me tells from his "wife's" character making an overly concerted effort to sound like a female. Though it was obvious based on a variety of factors that it was, in fact, the same person.

I ended up sort of befriending the guy for a month or two because I felt sorry for him. I never reported him because he was actually quite a nice and generous person who was friendly to other players. Yet he kept up the ruse the entire time. Literally almost every day for weeks.

TL;DR guy bought plat to pay me to PL 2 accounts. I didn't report him because he was paying me.
#bardlife