PDA

View Full Version : Can you balance the bard class, PLEASE???

frammelpie
04-26-2015, 01:28 AM
I don't know how many days in a row I've had to put up with bards helping themselves to just about everything in a zone that doesn't cast a spell but this is bullshit that's getting worse slowly. I'd like somebody to actually explain why it is that bards are allowed to pull unlimited amounts of enemies with no mana downtime?

Seriously GMs what is the deal with this crap? How can you seriously allow bards to behave so incredibly disrespectfully of everyone else in the entire zone that they do their thing in? There are rage-wars because of this in OOC ALL the time, in many of the popular zones. And it's always the same responses from them:

"You just weren't ready."
"Well go make a bard and do it yourself then."
"Go somewhere where there isn't a bard kiting if you don't like it!"

It's not even that they *can do this type of gameplay that bothers me, lots of classes *can screw others over; it's that they are so incredibly WILLING to do it and so uncool to their fellow players that you can't even call them "fellow players" anymore! They're exactly what a MMO designed with community in mind doesn't need: disrespectful greedy rude trolls. And you let them run rampant in the environment you're providing for everyone.

It used to be on live you could get bards in trouble for pulling this kind of crap right in everyone's faces or their game client would crash if they pulled too many, it balanced itself out. Not anymore! Plus, there were several servers for them to spread out on, they weren't all on one server like they are now. If you ask me, the mitigation of bard-assery that was on Live is not here and something else should be done about it in lieu of that.

Agree or don't. And if you don't, I get this strange feeling that you're a bard-swarmer.

Glenzig
04-26-2015, 01:32 AM
Not a bard swarmer. Also....NO!

frammelpie
04-26-2015, 01:42 AM
Since I can't edit my post I should add - GMs, this isn't meant to be a rant at you, more to you. I came fresh off of a nice long session of having a mostly empty DL zone while a bard had his way, so the rage was high. I think I'll play something else for a bit to get it out of my system.

Oleris
04-26-2015, 01:43 AM
shits classic

Big_Japan
04-26-2015, 01:50 AM
balanced games suck dick, go play WoW

rictus204
04-26-2015, 02:01 AM
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/25736152/EQ/Gotime/finalfinalfinallll.gif

Addanel
04-26-2015, 02:18 AM

Dyzzi, I call "Shenanigans"!

Secrets
04-26-2015, 02:26 AM
Bard AE kiting is classic.

It was removed in 2004.

I'm a bard so hate me.

Troubled
04-26-2015, 02:52 AM
God I love bards. Working on my 4th.

iruinedyourday
04-26-2015, 03:08 AM

katrik
04-26-2015, 03:14 AM
Go somewhere else. I always preferred level'ing in dungeons anyway.

Tasslehofp99
04-26-2015, 03:50 AM
They are not allowed to completely take over a zone, this is against the PNP. So petition them and just take whatever mobs you can kill.

I wouldn't quote me on this but I believe that Sirken has stated before in one of his streams that he would take the side of the non-bards in these situations. Probably because there are rules that have been out over a year now that state you can't do what a lot of these bards are doing.

indiscriminate_hater
04-26-2015, 03:59 AM
learn to play in non-bard zones. also learn to stop being such a raging vagina

applesauce25r624
04-26-2015, 04:29 AM
http://i.imgur.com/wosb9sk.gif?1

FoxxHound
04-26-2015, 04:31 AM
http://i.imgur.com/wosb9sk.gif?1

^^ Players gonna hate. Bards gonna bard.

nilzark
04-26-2015, 05:32 AM
OP is sad bad mad but I agree kiting is lame way to play. Personal choices. Dungeon fighting for a while could make OP feel better.

maerilith
04-26-2015, 06:44 AM
Theproblemo with this game now-a-days is actually that any scrub loser can play it on a modern computer without passing the great filter of fascism.

myriverse
04-26-2015, 07:27 AM
Bards don't take your mobs. They deliver them. ;)

Swish
04-26-2015, 11:40 AM
They are not allowed to completely take over a zone, this is against the PNP. So petition them and just take whatever mobs you can kill.

I wouldn't quote me on this but I believe that Sirken has stated before in one of his streams that he would take the side of the non-bards in these situations. Probably because there are rules that have been out over a year now that state you can't do what a lot of these bards are doing.

Thulack
04-26-2015, 12:12 PM
I saw you do that a few times ;):D

Thulack
04-26-2015, 12:13 PM
^That was ment for iruinedyourday quote didnt work. And people wonder where he got his name from :P

frammelpie
04-26-2015, 12:17 PM

Ok I admit. Bards do make this result pretty satisfying to watch =D

Champion_Standing
04-26-2015, 01:11 PM
+1 remove bards from game

jarshale
04-26-2015, 01:12 PM
I will swarm all the wisps in NK and not care

bktroost
04-26-2015, 05:06 PM
I'm not a bard and I think it is fine. Shamans should also be "balanced" because they can endlessly farm Hiero cloaks without any trouble?

Every class is amazing at something, you just have to figure out your niche and stick to it.

Swish
04-26-2015, 05:33 PM
I'm not a bard and I think it is fine. Shamans should also be "balanced" because they can endlessly farm Hiero cloaks without any trouble?

Every class is amazing at something, you just have to figure out your niche and stick to it.

*cut to a paladin sitting in Felwithe thinking really hard about it*

Doors
04-26-2015, 06:55 PM
Play red kill bard.

Play blue cry on forums about bard.

Nuktari
04-26-2015, 07:03 PM
http://i.imgur.com/TZ9MQdb.png

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSdl7tWJfeFMO4dWa-IyD1mXZhpkqTJN2L_5fUX8MvJE_YytrgF

Faywind
04-26-2015, 08:40 PM
Play red kill bard.

Play blue cry on forums about bard.

More like:

Play red, no one else is around, solo...

Cecily
04-26-2015, 09:09 PM
How do you kill bards on red? That's been nothing but frustration trying to catch them.

Troubled
04-26-2015, 09:41 PM
How do you kill bards on red? That's been nothing but frustration trying to catch them.

Root.

11bangbang
04-26-2015, 10:01 PM
be lucky you werent around in the days of "low hp kiting" haha you think bards are bad now.

Damn
04-26-2015, 10:11 PM

As a melee class not easily done outdoors you can really only attempt to pell and hope they run to an indoor zl

As a caster class root snare mez kill bard profit

Kastro
04-26-2015, 10:17 PM
Root nets... 10 charge clinging dark wand from warrens.. pumice... use a bow.. ect... or find a few caster mobs or a GM type mob.. and add them to the train..

maerilith
04-26-2015, 10:25 PM

Invis. Root. Cancel magic. Wait for them to engage mobs.

keyz
04-27-2015, 01:39 AM
When low hp caused massive threat you used to be able to aggro 1 of each type of mob in their train, then get low health and head to outpost, and due to social aggro most of their train would head to the outpost and get killed by guards. Not sure how well that will work with the low hp aggro change, but might still work if you get in early enough on the kite before the bard has significantly damaged the kite.

Brocode
04-27-2015, 03:41 AM
low hp removal, just made a filter on who knows how to kite as a bard.

as for the OP, bard swarm kite takes a lot of time and effort, and if you think that is easy, go try.

Ravager
04-27-2015, 08:16 AM
low hp removal, just made a filter on who knows how to kite as a bard.

as for the OP, bard swarm kite takes a lot of time and effort, and if you think that is easy, go try.

Time maybe. You're pushing 5 buttons in succession for a half hour. If you're breaking a sweat, you should take a break from eating Twinkies with your free hand.

radda
04-27-2015, 08:28 AM
Time maybe. You're pushing 5 buttons in succession for a half hour. If you're breaking a sweat, you should take a break from eating Twinkies with your free hand.

cute, Ravager thinks he could do it easily off the bat.

http://media0.giphy.com/media/tZF2erGJ5uOHe/giphy.gif

Eunomia
04-27-2015, 08:46 AM
just take whatever mobs you can kill.

I wouldn't quote me on this but I believe that Sirken has stated before in one of his streams that he would take the side of the non-bards in these situations.

I would not risk this as a solution. Unless you've counted every mob in the kite and are positive it is zone monopolization, I suggest petitioning instead. If it is determined the bard is not monopolizing, attacking mobs another player has engaged first is grounds for suspension.

Ravager
04-27-2015, 09:00 AM
cute, Ravager thinks he could do it easily off the bat.

http://media0.giphy.com/media/tZF2erGJ5uOHe/giphy.gif

I have. It's a hand full of macros, a hotbar setup for swapping instruments and a strafe autorun.

Cute that you think pushing buttons requires skill.

Troubled
04-27-2015, 09:25 AM
I have. It's a hand full of macros, a hotbar setup for swapping instruments and a strafe autorun.

Cute that you think pushing buttons requires skill.

You don't strafe and also switch instruments. That's for tap kiters. Staying at a perfect range to not get eaten in 1 hit while doing damage might be one of the more skill involved ways of getting exp in this game.

Grobb 1999
04-27-2015, 09:48 AM
shits classic

Yaa. No. There was a critical mass and the client would crash.

Bards to me are a buffet, I can pick and choose from the bunch and just out DPS their pathetic songs

Ravager
04-27-2015, 09:53 AM
You don't strafe and also switch instruments. That's for tap kiters. Staying at a perfect range to not get eaten in 1 hit while doing damage might be one of the more skill involved ways of getting exp in this game.

I suppose you eat your cereal with a butter knife instead of a spoon and are more skilled than me at breakfast too.

Grobb 1999
04-27-2015, 09:55 AM
And the UI stopped a lot of the shitter bards are doing now.

...fucking love the idiots who think the current Bard abilities are classic

Tiggles
04-27-2015, 10:11 AM
on Red you could just kill the bard.

Heebo
04-27-2015, 10:35 AM

Fukn try it scum

Paumad
04-27-2015, 10:51 AM

If 50 red players run after a bard in a tight circle, is it considered zone interference?

Troubled
04-27-2015, 11:02 AM
I suppose you eat your cereal with a butter knife instead of a spoon and are more skilled than me at breakfast too.

I do, and I am. What level is yr bard?

Barkingturtle
04-27-2015, 11:13 AM
If charm transferred aggro properly, bards would be kiting a dozen red mobs instead of a few hundred blue ones.

The problem now is that bards are actually not as powerful as they should be.

Baler
04-27-2015, 11:15 AM
I've said it once and I'll say it again.

Bards ruin zones for everyone. Ban all players who play bards.

indiscriminate_hater
04-27-2015, 11:37 AM
ITT: players that have never played bards and don't know all of the tools at their disposal

nyclin
04-27-2015, 12:34 PM
if the bard is pulling literally the entire zone (literally), just tag shit off of them

99% of the time they won't care or notice and if they do, they're a dick and you should pull off of them anyway

Ravager
04-27-2015, 01:18 PM
I do, and I am. What level is yr bard?

25. Kiting bored me and I didn't really like playing him in groups, so I started playing monks.

baakss
04-27-2015, 01:22 PM
if the bard is pulling literally the entire zone (literally), just tag shit off of them

99% of the time they won't care or notice and if they do, they're a dick and you should pull off of them anyway

This is especially dangerous! If you snare a mob when the bard is too far away to notice, it would probably catch up and bash him while he's making circles. So if you do tag off his train, be careful not to lose aggro on your mob or it could kill him!

Glenzig
04-27-2015, 01:40 PM
This is especially dangerous! If you snare a mob when the bard is too far away to notice, it would probably catch up and bash him while he's making circles. So if you do tag off his train, be careful not to lose aggro on your mob or it could kill him!

Oh heavens! Wouldn't want that to "accidently" happen.

Ezalor
04-27-2015, 02:33 PM

if you do this and the somehow bard dies all 100+ mobs will now be social aggro onto you

you'll either die or train some innocent person zoning them

Troubled
04-27-2015, 05:06 PM
25. Kiting bored me and I didn't really like playing him in groups, so I started playing monks.

So you don't know what you're talkin about then. Don't act like bards are rogues, man!

Littlegyno 13.0
04-27-2015, 05:47 PM
shits vlassic.

Formshifter
04-27-2015, 08:01 PM

no. what you do is charm one of the merbs (assuming its an animal), buff the fuck out of it and then gate.

Formshifter
04-27-2015, 08:01 PM
and dont forget to hit it with SoW

ctre
04-28-2015, 01:23 AM
If a bard is taking the mobs you are camping.
Ask the bard nicely to not take your camped mobs.
They will normally leave that section alone.

However if they ignore you. do the following ..
Petition:Explain what is happening.
The GM will tell the bard to stay away from your camped mobs, (or be GM'ed horribly).

Problem solved.

Brocode
04-28-2015, 05:38 AM

Agreed with you there Monks > All. And it does bore you, althought xp is great, can become a chardok disease, gets to the point where xp is great but you quit of boredoom.

Good for you, i see that was so easy that you hit 60 on your bard and still do it, correct?

Point taken.

Pookieson
04-28-2015, 06:03 AM
Theres only a handful of zones that this can be done in, and a handful of bards who can succesfully do swarm kiting. There are severalllll other zones in any given level range which you could go to to not be butt hurt by this bard getting more xp than you, so go there. They are very limited in their choice of zones to kite in at any level range. And, its part of the game. Get over it.

Itap
04-28-2015, 06:08 AM
Theres only a handful of zones that this can be done in, and a handful of bards who can succesfully do swarm kiting. There are severalllll other zones in any given level range which you could go to to not be butt hurt by this bard getting more xp than you, so go there. They are very limited in their choice of zones to kite in at any level range. And, its part of the game. Get over it.

So by that logic, only bards are allowed to level safely, outdoors, with minimal casters. gotcha

Rararboker
04-28-2015, 10:18 AM
Leveling safely? What do you guys think this is, WoW?

Orruar
04-28-2015, 10:37 AM
So by that logic, only bards are allowed to level safely, outdoors, with minimal casters. gotcha

What part of bard ae kiting appears safe to you?

indiscriminate_hater
04-28-2015, 10:52 AM

thanks for understanding

webrunner5
04-28-2015, 11:24 AM
Oh heavens! Wouldn't want that to "accidently" happen.

That is sort of what I was thing also lol. :p

Itap
04-28-2015, 11:35 AM
What part of bard ae kiting appears safe to you?

safer than dealing with mobs casting through walls and warping on top of you.

indiscriminate_hater
04-28-2015, 11:52 AM
safer than dealing with mobs casting through walls and warping on top of you.

Instant death vs chance to gate, hat, or run for zone? Hokay

shimonuh
04-28-2015, 03:06 PM
Can't rly kill bards on red in open zones but you can make them rage and leave the zone in the process of trying to kill them

Ravager
04-28-2015, 03:34 PM
So you don't know what you're talkin about then. Don't act like bards are rogues, man!

I know enough. There's a reason all of this shit can be automated in MQ. There's no skill.

Ravager
04-28-2015, 03:39 PM
Agreed with you there Monks > All. And it does bore you, althought xp is great, can become a chardok disease, gets to the point where xp is great but you quit of boredoom.

Good for you, i see that was so easy that you hit 60 on your bard and still do it, correct?

Point taken.

Sitting on your ass pushing the same half dozen buttons for hours on end isn't the mark of great skill, though I'll admit there's a test of endurance. Though it's about worth as much as masturbating for 8 hours straight as far as bragging rights are concerned.

Hawala
04-28-2015, 03:46 PM
It's totally classic, but bard AoE needs to have the radius reduced so melee range. This is one of those issues that was not exploited so heavily in classic times, because of the latency problems with 56k modems.

So although the mechanics are classic, the issue of having no mobs in a zone was not something I ever remember. And even if occasionally it happened, it wouldn't be all the good outdoor zones, OT, FV, BW, DL...

Hawala
04-28-2015, 03:51 PM
I also don't understand why all the powerleveling lately. A main tank in a guild was created not even 7 days ago, now he's 58. The whole game is starting to feel like ExploitQuest

Ravager
04-28-2015, 03:59 PM
I also don't understand why all the powerleveling lately. A main tank in a guild was created not even 7 days ago, now he's 58. The whole game is starting to feel like ExploitQuest

No doubt.