PDA

View Full Version : Prima guide , Monopolizing.

schwindler
10-07-2010, 02:19 PM
hi . this is from the prima guide revised and edited version. I know this server has it's own set of rules. Everyone says guilds holding camps forever is fine. By handing the camp off to each other. But I remember differently. Here is my proof.

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd389/pauleischen/Monopolizing.gif

Pretzel Penises <3

Japan
10-07-2010, 02:21 PM
cool windows 98 bro, bet it looks really neat on that 50lb 800x600 CRT in your basement next to the soiled blowup doll

Eccentricaa
10-07-2010, 02:37 PM
That book has countless errors.... Just check out the "Word to the Wise:Races" section (page 171 in the original Kunark Edition, and not the revised) It says Humans earn experience more quickly than any other race.

Just because its in print, does not make it true.

Humerox
10-07-2010, 02:43 PM
This server, like all the live servers, has its own specific rules. Read them.

Camps Defined (http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2653)

Teeroyoyort
10-07-2010, 03:46 PM
I remember a few times, if a GM got involved. They would use play nice policy, and force you to share your camp.

Zithax
10-07-2010, 05:23 PM
That book has countless errors.... Just check out the "Word to the Wise:Races" section (page 171 in the original Kunark Edition, and not the revised) It says Humans earn experience more quickly than any other race.

Well I mean... they were supposed to!

Randiesel
10-07-2010, 05:55 PM
Since when has a Prima guide been useful for *anything*?

LizardNecro
10-07-2010, 06:45 PM
Hey I was a coauthor on that guide! Lol. And so was Absor before he got hired by verant.

Eccentricaa
10-07-2010, 08:17 PM
Hey I was a coauthor on that guide! Lol. And so was Absor before he got hired by verant.

They mistakes were in someone else's chapter I assume?

Arkanjil
10-08-2010, 02:56 AM
They mistakes were in someone else's chapter I assume?

The mistakes were common in your response! :p

girth
10-08-2010, 03:20 AM

What zithax said, humans were supposed to, they claimed later on it was a bug that halflings had the human % bonus instead IIRC.

girth
10-08-2010, 03:20 AM
If we 'fix' their mistakes such as the boat path in OOT, why not this too? Fix human experience.

Omnimorph
10-08-2010, 05:17 AM
The server is replicating classic eq in 99, so... as it was then, not as it was supposedly intended then.

And ... has anyone been "virtually raped" before? O_O

WTS post virtual rape counselling - 2k / hr, i have a degree from the academy of arcane science in freeport.

Bubbles
10-08-2010, 06:15 AM

I remember specifically one night in Hate that Transcendence and DA both bum-rushed Innoruuk and the official stopwatch from Spawn until Innoruuk's Corpse was roughly 48 seconds.

Hard to imagine anything that qualifies more than that.

girth
10-08-2010, 06:30 AM
The server is replicating classic eq in 99, so... as it was then, not as it was supposedly intended then.

WTS post virtual rape counselling - 2k / hr, i have a degree from the academy of arcane science in freeport.

Then why were OOT boat paths changed to be logically correct? Just saying..

Braveguard
10-08-2010, 07:47 AM
Then why were OOT boat paths changed to be logically correct? Just saying..

Because the powers that be didn't like it.

The "vision" here seems to be that this is classic... except where the devs don't like something. Fine by me. Their server. Just don't expect consistency.

Omnimorph
10-08-2010, 09:13 AM
The devs had difficulty implementing boats here because of how they were coded. I'd take slightly inaccurate boats over shitty gnome translocators spawning every 15 minutes.

ukaking
10-08-2010, 10:00 AM

Always made a good read for me on the shitter!

Bubbles
10-08-2010, 10:45 AM
The devs had difficulty implementing boats here because of how they were coded. I'd take slightly inaccurate boats over shitty gnome translocators spawning every 15 minutes.

The translocaters were constantly spawned originally. It was only after a dev (Wenai, iirc) decided to recreate the boating experience that the translocaters were a 15-30 min pop/depop. Then they fixed the boats entirely.

Glaani
10-08-2010, 10:50 AM
505 pages? wow...

Messianic
10-08-2010, 10:53 AM
Because the powers that be didn't like it.

The "vision" here seems to be that this is classic... except where the devs don't like something. Fine by me. Their server. Just don't expect consistency.

This is pretty ignorant.

Even if the devs were consistent in this situation, you'd find other "inconsistencies" to complain about (OH NOEZ PYZJN'S SPAWN ISNT EXACTLY LIKE CLASSIC, U GUYS AREN'T CONSISTENT, THE KELETHIN LIFTS AREN'T EXACTLY LIKE CLASSIC, WAHH), and by extension use that to complain that "wahh wahh, the devs aren't consistent."

Almost every time there's an inconsistency, there's a specific reason. Sometimes they simply don't say. For you to assume it's "they don't like something" is both factually without warrant and generally idiotic. As if Nilbog et al have some kind of axe to grind and they're rigging the system. I'm sure they benefit from "fixing" the oot classic flip, or somehow that severely damages anyone's classic experience.

Darklake
10-08-2010, 11:11 AM

Back before I got a second PC (or found EQW) which I could browse on, the spell list, city maps, skill list and recipes were handy to have in front of you.

Omnimorph
10-08-2010, 12:03 PM
Back before I got a second PC (or found EQW) which I could browse on, the spell list, city maps, skill list and recipes were handy to have in front of you.

I had a printer and a ringbinder. I was most definitely thinking outside the bun... I mean box.

Braveguard
10-08-2010, 01:23 PM
This is pretty ignorant.

Even if the devs were consistent in this situation, you'd find other "inconsistencies" to complain about (OH NOEZ PYZJN'S SPAWN ISNT EXACTLY LIKE CLASSIC, U GUYS AREN'T CONSISTENT, THE KELETHIN LIFTS AREN'T EXACTLY LIKE CLASSIC, WAHH), and by extension use that to complain that "wahh wahh, the devs aren't consistent."

Almost every time there's an inconsistency, there's a specific reason. Sometimes they simply don't say. For you to assume it's "they don't like something" is both factually without warrant and generally idiotic. As if Nilbog et al have some kind of axe to grind and they're rigging the system. I'm sure they benefit from "fixing" the oot classic flip, or somehow that severely damages anyone's classic experience.

Lots of problems with this reply...

First, I don't really give a shit whether it's consistent. I said that... their server. They can and will do as they wish.

However, anyone who argues they are consistent is "ignorant". Boats ran backwards... let's fix that. Human exp bonus was given to halflings... that's "classic" and should be left alone. We're not talking about one instance, either. It's how they do things. Hell, I'd probably handle it the same way. If it was my server and something was (relatively) easy to fix and it bugged me, I'd probably fix it too. I got no problem with that.

And, by the way, there is no reason that the boats could not have continued to run backwards. It was classic and it worked. They just didn't like it being that way so they fixed it. Don't tell me I'm an idiot because I pointed out something that should be obvious.

While we're at it, maybe you can show me where I was "complaining" about anything. I even said it was fine by me. You might want to go back and read my original post. Be consistent... be inconsistent... I don't care. Don't claim you're one when you the other though.

Uthgaard
10-08-2010, 08:19 PM
It doesn't really matter what we do; why we do it; or whether it was done intentionally. The same people would be crying their eyes out, because 'it should be the other way'.

It doesn't take a genius to identify a problem. This forum is full of people identifying problems. If you want to be taken seriously, get busy solving a problem instead of crying about it. None of the developers give a shit about your tears.

Some people are only happy when they're crying. Misery loves company. Case in point: Split thread. Two or three people were more than willing to express pages and pages of butt-hurt agony, in single-spaced, wall-o-text format.

But wait. You expect us to actually contribute to a solution? ***** you crazy! It killed the thread.

Swishahouse
10-09-2010, 02:06 PM
^^ THIS ^^

OH NOES AM I NOW A GM DICKRIDER???

hawt!

Japan
10-09-2010, 03:30 PM