PDA

View Full Version : GamerGate's original goals have been achieved.

KagatobLuvsAnimu
04-16-2015, 07:12 PM
We won.
Every gaming site has an ethics policy now. Yes even fucking Polygon.
Leigh Alexander, Ben Keuchera, Movie Bob, as well as many others. All gone.
4chan is not even a shadow of its former self.
Reddit corruption exposed.
Nathan Grayson the one who's conflict of interest started burgers and fries/gamergate, his own bio/articles now have a disclosure clause in them.

There's no doubt, there's not sugarcoating it anymore. With Alex Lifchitz and his pocket congresswoman parading their female shield into congress yesterday morning at a forum which had as much credibility as a UFO conspirator complaint, they've exhausted all of their options.

Gamergate will not go away though. We will remain as a watchdog, to put in check those who would succumb to the whims of politically correct gender politicians.
We also will keep watch on the remnant SJW owned forces, such as Kotaku's editor in chief Stephen Totilo who is still a nuisance.
The IDGA is still a problem that while out in the open, needs fixing.
Mainstream media still and probably always will paint gamers (all of us) as sub-human pieces of shit.

There will however, now be a greater focus on the general culture war that these same gender identity ideologues have waging for over a decade. Comic books have all but been completely taken over, sad puppies has exposed the Hugo awards for the crapfest that it is, academia is a joke and arguably worst of all the STEM community is so broken over it that the person behind the greatest scientific achievement since the turn of the century was brought to tears because some cow complained about his shirt.

To all of the naysayers, those who want to hide their power levels, those who think they are amounting to something special because they keep their gaming hobby in the closet. I don't care. You're welcome anyway. Gaming will be better for it before it gets any worse. The only thing that can slow down the momentum of change (it can't be stopped) will be if anti-gaming party leader Hillary Clinton gets elected, but that isn't for almost a year so the amount of change that would happen between now and then one can only imagine.

Have a wonderful day you fellow pissbabies, misogynist neckbeards, virgins, potential rapists or whatever else the normies want to call you.
http://i.imgur.com/7FaAkvV.jpg

iruinedyourday
04-16-2015, 07:32 PM
politically correct gender politicians.

DetroitVelvetSmooth
04-16-2015, 07:51 PM
shut up nancy.

Sadre Spinegnawer
04-16-2015, 08:12 PM
Hmm, let's see what Critical Feminist Theory Bloated Gene says:
http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/61358615.jpg

loramin
04-16-2015, 08:23 PM
Kagato's view of journalism:

9:17 am: Sleep with a source.

10:00 am: Sleep with my boss.

10:58 am: Find a powder-blue Oxford shirt that doesn’t quite button up over my breasts. Buy eight pairs.

http://the-toast.net/2015/04/15/a-day-in-the-life-of-a-fictional-female-reporter/

Strifer
04-16-2015, 10:11 PM
that dick sucking fish picture lol

Pokesan
04-16-2015, 10:27 PM
kill you're self

Pokesan
04-16-2015, 10:28 PM
gamers (all of us) are sub-human pieces of shit.

Secrets
04-16-2015, 10:32 PM
Feminism is just a mind control technique to use the public as a weapon. Think about it; if you're willing to pressure a set of ethics on video game journalists under the guise of women's rights, what's to say that this is just a 'testing' phase for a 'false flag' attack based on this movement?

In fact, it's already been done. I'm pretty sure Occupy Wall Street was used to root out government dissidents and Anonymous was used to root out cybercriminals.

I believe the people behind Lizard Squad were government officials testing the next phase. Sure, call me a nut, but I'll call it in 5 years when feminist protesters are asked to do something drastic with their protests that causes what could be classified as 'terrorism'. It happened with OWS, why can't it happen again?

KagatobLuvsAnimu
04-17-2015, 12:05 AM
Feminism is just a mind control technique to use the public as a weapon. Think about it; if you're willing to pressure a set of ethics on video game journalists under the guise of women's rights, what's to say that this is just a 'testing' phase for a 'false flag' attack based on this movement?

In fact, it's already been done. I'm pretty sure Occupy Wall Street was used to root out government dissidents and Anonymous was used to root out cybercriminals.

I believe the people behind Lizard Squad were government officials testing the next phase. Sure, call me a nut, but I'll call it in 5 years when feminist protesters are asked to do something drastic with their protests that causes what could be classified as 'terrorism'. It happened with OWS, why can't it happen again?

OWS was a disaster no doubt. That's what happens when the tone of an open revolt against the banks turns into a movement representing "no rape zones" and "native american rain dance rights". I wish I was exaggerating.

Big_Japan
04-17-2015, 01:18 AM

Glad there are some people around here with open eyes.

GoodGoy - I mean GamerGate - nonstory was propagated and amplified to drown out the CIA sexual torture report all you lovely goyim have since forgotten. GamerGate was perhaps the first major exercise of intelligence capability to misdirect public discussion on the internet on a mass scale, across many platforms, using mass astroturfing and clever shilling.

Go ahead and write me off as tinfoil, but in 20 years it will be common knowledge that discussion on all, and I mean all, social media is carefully steered and engineered for the benefit of the state and that a very large percentage of posters are not real.

This can already be seen on 4chan, which has bots running in daily repeating shifts having "discussions". If you think your #GoodGoy lair is exempt, you're sadly mistaken. Social media is the new television, and it's poised to be immensely more powerful than non-interactive media ever was.

Where propaganda was an art, it will be a science. NSA partners Google, Facebook, and Reddit are feeding our Mengelian data scientists the data required to tighten the state stranglehold on our collective intellect to a scientifically calibrated optimum. GamerGate is one of many psyops enabled by advances in the science of big data, and the first mass-scale demonstration that this is indeed the future of human civilization.

Estolcles
04-17-2015, 01:32 AM
......................... *smokes bowl*

QUIT FUCKING WITH MY HEAD. PEOPLE!!!!!!!! FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Susvain2
04-17-2015, 01:36 AM
kill you're self

came here 2 say this

Pookieson
04-17-2015, 04:10 AM
get a better hobby dude, your interests are stupid and meaningless. either that or kill yourself so i dont have to see these worthless fucking posts

Pookieson
04-17-2015, 04:15 AM
racism, feminism, etc ism are mostly dumb meaningless 1st world problems because people have nothing better to do. go to any struggling country, they dont give a fuck about race jokes and feminine portrayal, etc, because they have REAL fucking problems to deal with... like finding fresh water and figuring out how they are going to feed their family. take all this passion you have for this meaningless topic and focus it into some real humanitarian crisis. there are plenty out there, and you cant do shit about it from your keyboard. it takes real action. you fucking keyboard heroes make me sick

Brocode
04-17-2015, 04:44 AM
Can anyone explain me this thread and what Gamer Gate is? I read and still lost, as a foreigner, do not understand the idea, feminist movement to make gamers equal in gender?

theaetatus
04-17-2015, 04:59 AM
racism [...] are mostly dumb meaningless 1st world problems because people have nothing better to do.

I'm pretty sure the people of South Africa disagree, or further back the victims of the slave trade.

Pookieson
04-17-2015, 05:07 AM
The biggest genocide on black people has been by black people, Yuganda makes apartheid look like a fucking joke. Not that im justifying it, that was indeed a real issue. As was slave trade for that matter, but who do you think was selling slaves into slavery? BLACK tribes going out and conquering and enslaving other tribes so that they could sell them to the Portuguese. None the less, all of the above are real issues. Feminism and petty race disputes in the US have ZERO fucking comparison to either of those issues, i think you proved my point. There are real issues out there that deserve real attention.

The Gaza strip would be a good one, Israel is by definition conducting siege warfare on them, and we fault the poor Palestinians for lashing out. What would you do if your back was against a wall? Fight and die or die? This is a real humanitarian issue, not clapping causing anxiety in women(wtf?), or gamergate for fucks sake.

Swish
04-17-2015, 05:20 AM
Grats Kagatob, now get yourself MK10 for $60 and buy all the day 1 DLC to celebrate.

Gamergate fuck yeah!

Simon Belmont
04-17-2015, 05:48 AM
for some reason I thought this thread was going to be about Gamersgate. You know, the Swedish gaming download site that sold out to Steam.

KagatobLuvsAnimu
04-17-2015, 05:49 AM
Grats Kagatob, now get yourself MK10 for $60 and buy all the day 1 DLC to celebrate.

Gamergate fuck yeah!

Whatever you say, peasant.

lol consoles.

theaetatus
04-17-2015, 05:50 AM
The Gaza strip would be a good one, Israel is by definition conducting siege warfare on them, and we fault the poor Palestinians for lashing out. What would you do if your back was against a wall? Fight and die or die? This is a real humanitarian issue, not clapping causing anxiety in women(wtf?), or gamergate for fucks sake.

A perfect example of racism indeed. You have rather disproved your point.

Laugher
04-17-2015, 06:53 AM
Can anyone explain me this thread and what Gamer Gate is? I read and still lost, as a foreigner, do not understand the idea, feminist movement to make gamers equal in gender?

http://gawker.com/what-is-gamergate-and-why-an-explainer-for-non-geeks-1642909080

I think this covers the basics of the story here. Did not immerse myself in the politics behind this one, you may want to ask others for sources with a more pro-gamergate sentiment if interested since kotaku and gawker (or a few of their male employees?) seem somehow tied into this gamergate issue.

Brocode
04-17-2015, 07:13 AM
http://gawker.com/what-is-gamergate-and-why-an-explainer-for-non-geeks-1642909080

I think this covers the basics of the story here. Did not immerse myself in the politics behind this one, you may want to ask others for sources with a more pro-gamergate sentiment if interested since kotaku and gawker (or a few of their male employees?) seem somehow tied into this gamergate issue.

gotcha, changes nothing in my life, but thanks

maerilith
04-17-2015, 08:35 AM
http://i.imgur.com/9yn3q2L.jpg

*****NSFW*****

http://bit.ly/1DqNGMK

*****NSFW*****

http://i.imgur.com/9yn3q2L.jpg

maerilith
04-17-2015, 08:36 AM
P.S>

I DEMAND FURRIES AND SCALIES HAVE REPRESENTATION IN MK10

AND P99

Rararboker
04-17-2015, 01:43 PM
Makes me feel like game storylines are going to get more cringey.

Sadre Spinegnawer
04-17-2015, 01:55 PM
racism, feminism, etc ism are mostly dumb meaningless 1st world problems because people have nothing better to do. go to any struggling country, they dont give a fuck about race jokes and feminine portrayal, etc, because they have REAL fucking problems to deal with... like finding fresh water and figuring out how they are going to feed their family. take all this passion you have for this meaningless topic and focus it into some real humanitarian crisis. there are plenty out there, and you cant do shit about it from your keyboard. it takes real action. you fucking keyboard heroes make me sick

Most civil rights issues in the US are hobbies of privileged people, who above all want to make sure we do not start to question the thing that gives them their privilege. The economic system.

Better to draw attention to women's rights, race, which are *very real* -- but they are also distractions.

"Let them eat civil rights."

I prefer a world in which we have both social and economic justice. But until we stop allowing ourselves to be divided and distracted by these subsidiary and often merely symptomatic problems, we will get lots of rights and social mini-revolutions, while the broader trend toward a global oligarchy proceed unimpeded. Now call me a "communist" and go back to your distractions.

Estolcles
04-17-2015, 02:29 PM
P.S>

I DEMAND FURRIES AND SCALIES HAVE REPRESENTATION IN MK10

AND P99

Seconded!

maerilith
04-17-2015, 02:59 PM
Soul caliber is the best anyway.

KagatobLuvsAnimu
04-17-2015, 04:04 PM

'seem somehow tied to the issue'

You mean they helped orchestrate fourteen articles (https://archive.today/ht088) dropping on the same day calling for an end to 'gamers'. (http://archive.today/rkvO8)

Zehrikrom
04-17-2015, 04:16 PM
Why can't white hipsters want diversity too?

KagatobLuvsAnimu
04-17-2015, 04:22 PM
Why can't white hipsters want diversity too?

"Be the change you want to see in the world"

SJWs crying on twitter that video games/film/comics need to all plug in token black/lesbian/fat characters for no reason other than black/lesbian/fat only leads to SJWs crying on twitter about tokenism.

You can't please these people and you don't want to because they don't buy the products anyway.

loramin
04-17-2015, 05:12 PM
SJWs crying on twitter that video games/film/comics need to all plug in token black/lesbian/fat characters for no reason other than black/lesbian/fat only leads to SJWs crying on twitter about tokenism.

You can't please these people and you don't want to because they don't buy the products anyway.

Let's leave aside the imbalances in racial make up, sexual preference, etc. and just focus on women in comics for a sec. Comics are dominated by male characters: only 1 in 4 characters are female (http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/women-in-comic-books/). I'm sure that's not surprising, but think about it: in comics 1 in 4 characters are female, but in the real world 1 in 2 people are female. Could there maybe be a problem there?

And while you can cry "tokenism" all you want, the reality is that despite your nemeses ("SJWs") things haven't really been improving:

https://espnfivethirtyeight.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/hickey-feature-comics-3.png?w=400

But at the same time it's not like comics are inherently only for males. Just try telling that to a comic book vendor in Japan (a country even less feminist than America) and watch them laugh at you because half their sales come from women.

It's simple: comics are awesome, and women deserve to see themselves in them just as much as men do. Just because historically they haven't been represented doesn't mean we have to keep it that way. Some people are genuinely trying to change that, and despite your claims about no one buying them, female-centered comics are in fact selling great:

Female Thor is selling 30% better than the original (http://www.theverge.com/2015/3/21/8269747/female-thor-is-outselling-the-old-thor-by-30-percent)
The new Ms. Marvel debuted higher than Silver Surfer, Captain America, or the Fantastic Four (http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2014/2014-08.html)
When the new Batgirl was released it came in #19 in sales of DC comics (http://www.comicsbeat.com/dc-comics-month-to-month-sales-october-2014-the-sweet-smell-of-success/)
Hell, just last month Spider-Gwen took the 4th place spot in sales (http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2015/2015-03.html) (Amazing Spider-Man was #6)

Seems to me tokenism has nothing to do with it, and that maybe, just maybe, people actually want to see comics that aren't completely dominated by (straight, white) men.

KagatobLuvsAnimu
04-17-2015, 05:20 PM
The amount of willful ignorance from Ioramin is astounding here.

First, in Japan the bulk of purchases by women are Yaoi comics, for the layperson those are comics that don't have female characters because the whole point is two guys banging.

Secondly your statistic of Thorina selling more than other comics is flawed/cherrypicked. If you think it's a good idea to compare opening week of a comic to mid season of several other comics, you need several MRI scans.

Lastly:
things haven't really been improving
Define improvement. You are still endorsing tokenism. You are still defending the vagwashing of existing characters as opposed to *gasp* creating new characters!

Get real dude.

maerilith
04-17-2015, 05:54 PM
lol kagatob, if u want bewbz google bewbz stop crying about video game studios who may or may not pander 2 the main stream and put in a strong female lead like the FBI mom from V.

If u can't handle it's not some 'groups' problem.

Why are you so mad? Like, who is taking away those DnD2cnd edition books from u with the scantily clad elves?

Rararboker
04-17-2015, 06:18 PM
Loramin swinging and missing again. =[

Pokesan
04-17-2015, 07:28 PM
Most civil rights issues in the US are hobbies of privileged people, who above all want to make sure we do not start to question the thing that gives them their privilege. The economic system.

Better to draw attention to women's rights, race, which are *very real* -- but they are also distractions.

I prefer a world in which we have both social and economic justice. But until we stop allowing ourselves to be divided and distracted by these subsidiary and often merely symptomatic problems, we will get lots of rights and social mini-revolutions, while the broader trend toward a global oligarchy proceed unimpeded. Now call me a "communist" and go back to your distractions.

this is why i want weed legalized:cool:

loramin
04-17-2015, 07:36 PM
Loramin swinging and missing again. =[

Against Kagato? Please.

First, in Japan the bulk of purchases by women are Yaoi comics, for the layperson those are comics that don't have female characters because the whole point is two guys banging.
Look, I know you get your main impression of Japan from furry pr0n and all, but really? Sure Yaoi is one popular genre of manga, but it is not the "bulk of purchases" made by female manga consumers, and I challenge you to show any proof to the contrary. Might be difficult though as A) there isn't any and B) カガトはバカです.

Regardless, all this talk of Yaoi completely misses the point. All I was saying is that comics don't have to be "just for boys", and that it's not just me wishing that to be true: there's a real world market where women purchase half the comics.

Secondly your statistic of Thorina selling more than other comics is flawed/cherrypicked. If you think it's a good idea to compare opening week of a comic to mid season of several other comics, you need several MRI scans.
If you have a better suggestion on how to compare comics which were just released, I'm all ears, but again you're missing the point. The point is these comics, which you claim aren't selling, actually are, in fact, selling.

Define improvement. You are still endorsing tokenism. You are still defending the vagwashing of existing characters as opposed to *gasp* creating new characters!
Like I said before, comics (and the same can be said of video games, role-playing games, Star Wars movies, etc.) are awesome, and they should not just be for men. I'll see improvement when there are comics (and video games and ...) which appeal to women. A big part of that is having women in them who are genuine characters and not just sex symbols.

And to your point, there are new feminist characters being created. Harley Quinn is a perfect example. But vagwashing? Really? Comic books have been leveraging old comics to create new ones since forever. Spoiler alert: a ton of the comic book characters have had alternate (male) verisons or even entire replacements.

You're a comic book person right: ever heard of Dick Grayson? Or take Spider-man: there's a whole wikipedia page dedicated to his various incarnations (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alternative_versions_of_Spider-Man). A bunch of them were not Peter Parker (including, coincidentally, a Japanese Spidey named 小森ユウ). Even Superman, a guy without a secret identity, somehow managed to peniswash (to borrow your terminology) four new Supermen when he died.

And since you brought up "Thorina", perhaps you'd like to explain who Thor is. He's been always the Norse god, right?

No? Then how is making new female characters from old ones any different from making new male ones?

Big_Japan
04-17-2015, 07:51 PM

:cool:

KagatobLuvsAnimu
04-17-2015, 09:41 PM
Against Kagato? Please.
I agree, he didn't swing and miss, he swung and the bat flew out of his hands.

Look, I know you get your main impression of Japan from furry pr0n and all, but really? Sure Yaoi is one popular genre of manga, but it is not the "bulk of purchases" made by female manga consumers, and I challenge you to show any proof to the contrary. Might be difficult though as A) there isn't and
Ah so you admit that you pulled your original claim out of your ass. Good to know.
and B) カガトはバカです.
I thought he was the best villain in that series though. :(
Regardless, all this talk of Yaoi completely misses the point. All I was saying is that comics don't have to be "just for boys", and that it's not just me wishing that to be true: there's a real world market where women purchase half the comics.
Nobody is saying "comics are just for boys", so please stop attacking that straw man.

If you have a better suggestion on how to compare comics which were just released, I'm all ears, but again you're missing the point. The point is these comics, which you claim aren't selling, actually are, in fact, selling.
I'm sorry that you decided to ignore a nearly immediate 54% drop after the first issue. (http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2015/2015-02.html)

Like I said before, comics (and the same can be said of video games, role-playing games, Star Wars movies, etc.) are awesome, and they should not just be for men. I'll see improvement when there are comics (and video games and ...) which appeal to women. A big part of that is having women in them who are genuine characters and not just sex symbols.
Nobody is making this claim. I better not see you rehash this lie again...
And to your point, there are new feminist characters being created. Harley Quinn is a perfect example. But vagwashing? Really? Comic books have been leveraging old comics to create new ones since forever. Spoiler alert: a ton of the comic book characters have had alternate (male) verisons or even entire replacements.
Harley Quinn
new
Ok now you're trolling.
You're a comic book person right: ever heard of Dick Grayson? Or take Spider-man: there's a whole wikipedia page dedicated to his various incarnations (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alternative_versions_of_Spider-Man). A bunch of them were not Peter Parker (including, coincidentally, a Japanese Spidey named 小森ユウ). Even Superman, a guy without a secret identity, somehow managed to peniswash (to borrow your terminology) four new Supermen when he died.
1. No I'm not a comic book fan, I simply give a shit because comics and video games are closely related and I do have several friends/associates who are into comics who are very pissed over all of this.
2. All of those comics that you used in your example were short lived, didn't sell well, and guess what, we're back to the originals. Find a better example.
And since you brought up "Thorina", perhaps you'd like to explain who Thor is. He's been always the Norse god, right?
Thor is the son of Odin. Wielding the hammer makes you the god of thunder not Thor. Thor Odinson is a name not a fucking title.
No? Then how is making new female characters from old ones any different from making new male ones?
Doublethink not worth addressing.

ibso
04-19-2015, 01:41 AM
Holy fucking shit the problems white people have. The meaningless shit they argue about. I swear, if we all expended half as much energy on real problems maybe some Iraqi Christian wouldn't be having his head sawed off as we speak.

JayN
04-19-2015, 02:05 AM
Bitches b stupid n shit

Strifer
04-19-2015, 02:21 PM
Holy fucking shit the problems white people have. The meaningless shit they argue about. I swear, if we all expended half as much energy on real problems maybe some Iraqi Christian wouldn't be having his head sawed off as we speak.

Bazia
04-19-2015, 02:29 PM
these are autist problems

KagatobLuvsAnimu
04-19-2015, 03:37 PM
It's ok not to care, it's the ones who push this idea that nobody should care that's amusing. Keep supplying those tears nerds.

Ezalor
04-19-2015, 03:41 PM
yea, everyone should care about a bunch of jilted nerds right to look at video game boobies. clearly the biggest civil rights issue of the century

KagatobLuvsAnimu
04-19-2015, 04:51 PM
yea, everyone should care about a bunch of jilted nerds right to look at video game boobies. clearly the biggest civil rights issue of the century

You sir, despite your excellent taste in anime, don't know how to read.