PDA

View Full Version : Another one bites the dust

TrendyDru
04-15-2015, 08:46 PM
Just lost my second trainee at work today. He made it a week. The last one made it 2 weeks. I received a promotion but can't start until I train my off-the-street replacement. New one comes in Monday.

I assemble aerial work platforms or "scissor lifts" as the more generic term. Our company has a 70% turn around rate for new hires on the shop floor. Sucks but it is what it is.

Be my muse
Give me your inspiration.

The struggle is so real.

Visual
04-15-2015, 08:55 PM
did you write this in your diary

Sadre Spinegnawer
04-15-2015, 08:56 PM
Building stuff ain't easy. But post this in off topic, loser.

Aviann
04-15-2015, 08:58 PM
I've driven a few of those before, seems like they'd be a pain in the ass to assemple but not as bad a crane. Good luck my brew, maybe move out of an anywhere with a bunch of rejects with no work ethic.

maerilith
04-15-2015, 09:03 PM
Why do u suck so bad at what u do. Bet a hobo or meth addled hooker could get it done. Are u an aspie builder cirrhosis of the liver type?

maerilith
04-15-2015, 09:07 PM
I bet u would have better retention if u played them and gave them half we decent health care.

maerilith
04-15-2015, 09:08 PM
*paid dumb phone / grammar.

TrendyDru
04-15-2015, 09:12 PM
Building stuff ain't easy. But post this in off topic, loser.

I'm ranting. This is on topic, loser.

Reverse burn.

TrendyDru
04-15-2015, 09:16 PM
We work to a "tact time" invented by the Japanese from Toyota. Each person has X time to complete X work. The production line doesn't stop so if you finish late the next product still loads and your X time starts for that. So it's easy to fall behind.

The pay is pretty good for an off the street job. Just have to make it past the overwhelming part of learning it in the allotted time. Most people can't.

maerilith
04-15-2015, 09:28 PM
Sounds fun but I'm week lazy traded and slow as fuck. Count me out. Lol. But if u can do it on time. They can too.

maerilith
04-15-2015, 09:30 PM
*tarded phone don't even have improper slang. So lame. Sorry ur angst is important to me though.

TrendyDru
04-15-2015, 09:30 PM
Sounds fun but I'm week lazy traded and slow as fuck. Count me out. Lol. But if u can do it on time. They can too.

Was that a subtle insult in to how lazy I am?

maerilith
04-15-2015, 09:31 PM
I bet if you canes them. It might make the Japanese techniques more efficient.

TrendyDru
04-15-2015, 09:32 PM
The inability to edit my posts is really stepping on my grammatical nazi toes.

maerilith
04-15-2015, 09:33 PM
No. It wasn't. I really am a slow tarded sickly fuk.

TrendyDru
04-15-2015, 09:33 PM
Via mobile.

God damn it.

maerilith
04-15-2015, 09:35 PM
It's ok. Touching this phone is making me really ornery.

Asharad
04-16-2015, 01:52 PM
We work to a "tact time" invented by the Japanese from Toyota. Each person has X time to complete X work. The production line doesn't stop so if you finish late the next product still loads and your X time starts for that. So it's easy to fall behind.

Do scissor lifts just stack up behind the person not meeting their tact time? Doesn't that, at some point, make everyone before him have to stop as more and more lifts fill the assembly room floor?

TrendyDru
04-16-2015, 02:23 PM
Do scissor lifts just stack up behind the person not meeting their tact time? Doesn't that, at some point, make everyone before him have to stop as more and more lifts fill the assembly room floor?

If one person fails to meet their tact time the whole line shuts down until they are done. So people try to help others as much as possible if they need it. Down time causes us to drop units from the overall number were supposed to do. Then we work overtime to make them up.

Feanol
04-16-2015, 02:41 PM
I feel you mate.

Summer is an incredibly busy time for my business and my employer's decision is to turn down the application of an experienced mechanic wanting full time and instead hire a 22 year old with zero shop experience.

I must have taken half a dozen of these types of people and built them from the ground up over the past three years or so only to see them all move on to different work or quit when their hours are cut in Winter.

Now it's my responsibility to get him up to speed right as we're hitting the busiest time of year. I want peers goddamnit, not another project that will quit in October.

Lev_Mer
04-16-2015, 03:25 PM
hahah i quit the shop in october but the boss was a dickhole

-TK-
04-16-2015, 03:29 PM
It seems to be getting harder and harder to hire at all anymore with the lack of work ethic some of these young kids/fresh out of college 'adults' have. This being on both the the technical and administrative ends. And then, when I find someone with a worthwhile resume, they've got a propensity for DUI's or beating on their wives/girlfriends and since I do government work that requires at some security clearances those candidates are a waste of time.