PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Necropolis Traps Don't Seem to Reset

Raev
03-29-2015, 02:07 PM
So I have been running around in this zone a bit and all the traps make it really fun. But I noticed that none of the spawned NPCs seem to reset. Research seems to indicate the beetles at least should despawn in 30s. I would suggest that the constructs despawn in 27 minutes (the normal reset time for the trap).

Also, the traps are supposed to move! So it won't be possible to just memorize locations and run around while invis. Maybe they do already, but I was unable to check because the beta buff Rogue, being a scrub from the Red server, did not practice these skills.

Finally, I saw a the name plate of 'Vaniki PH' in front of Vilefang's lair.

----------------------------------

http://thedruidsgrove.org/archive/eq/t-3881.html

Instead of having a rogue find traps, our monk goes around and sets them off, run far, and FD (if beetles). The beetles will despawn in 30 sec, which is all good. Another note, always let the Monk get the Phase Spider Blood for your ever ready CR (in case you get a gating rat!).

OTOH:

Oh yeah, and a very dead rogue, which the construct then camped until we could arrange the (10 minute) CR

Zlandicar: His lair is where you have the big question mark in the lower area. He chills in the last round room there. Theres a trap or 4 on the way there and in his lair btw.

I don't think there is a trap in his lair currently. That could be quite interesting :rolleyes: His Alla page backs this up:

The message you were getting about "Your eardrums explode" is from the multiple TRAPS that are all around his lair. They WILL do serious damage if not disarmed by a qualified Rogue. Web Pages have stated that once they are disarmed, they are out of commission for 30 seconds, but we found it to be a little longer than that. Maybe each trap has its own unique properties *shrug*

At that point you have 27 minutes (I think that's the respawn) before the trap fires again.

dragon constructs and beetle swarms are not technically traps, so they cannot be disarmed or sensed by a rogue using those skills. . .think of them more like ambushes =)

Most of the traps are random and move. This time, it's a poison dart here, next time either it's a little farther away, or is a Pillage Enchantments trap. Sometimes there are 4 or 5 in a row, sometimes there is nothing.

http://www.angelfire.com/freak/eqjonze/guides/velious/dragonnec/dragonnecropolis.htm

Traps move and some places have multiple traps next to each other

Pint
03-31-2015, 06:12 PM
im tooling around in there today and the two construct traps didnt trigger, but i see multiple sets of swarming beetles in various locations around the zone. when we did get the the chetari tunnels the beetle trap swarmed on top of itself i guess and we ended up with 3 triggers worth of beetles to deal with. i also noticed when i came through a month or two ago that the trap mobs never wipe aggro unless you die or zone, although this might be intentional and does make it pretty challenging.

fiveeauxfour
04-04-2015, 10:09 PM
These traps, it seems, once triggered do not despawn until they are killed.

kanras
04-04-2015, 10:29 PM
My research indicated the beetles/constructs corpse camp and don't despawn.

The traps do move.

Vaniki_PH should be fixed.

Zarcath
04-05-2015, 03:34 PM
The Dragon Constructs don't return to their trigger site and i'm certain they don't despawn after 28 minutes. On Live, a group spawned a construct and wiped it at the zone in, and it sure as fuck took longer than 28 minutes for us to get out there and help them CR.