PDA

View Full Version : Camp Etiquette

Hoggen
10-04-2010, 12:44 PM
I have been killing the AC spawn for weeks now. When I show up, and it's occupied, I ask to be added to a list. That's the way everyone there seems to do it, and we have gotten along swimmingly.
Today, I come to the camp after being called by current camper to take over, and immediately as he leaves, someone else breaks invis, sits on top of spawn, and shows the intent of camping. I ask the person what they are doing, and they say " the other left, and I was here first." I explain to the person the rules we've used, have the former camper send her a tell, and she still refuses to leave. I petitioned. The GM's solution was " Solve this )#$%&U in 30 seconds or you're both gone for a week." The other person left.

This is not a flame, but as it is perhaps an unflattering reference to a GM, I placed it here. I found the GM's solution amusing, and I was ready to leave if need be, but this is just to say it's better to try to reason than be belligerent when it comes to camp situations. This is the first problem I've experienced on the server since I started here over six months ago.

Fawqueue
10-04-2010, 12:56 PM
In this situation you were in the right. The guy who had camp gets to choose who takes it next, he chose you, that other guy was trying to be a douche. Uthgaard announced earlier that he was bogged down by petitions due to last night's outtage, which is probably why you got that very direct answer. Seems like it worked though, so all is well that ends well right?

taxi2
10-04-2010, 12:58 PM
lol lesson learned: dont msg a GM. Its THEIR server, and that excuses all behavior ok?

Hoggen
10-04-2010, 01:00 PM
Yeah. Like I said, I found the GM's response amusing at worst, and the other player seemed to think they were in the wrong, as they left, even after I'd said I preferred to play rather than face a one week ban.

taxi2
10-04-2010, 01:02 PM
Its the reason why i left my 46 druid to rot, im not gonna play a MMO with this much time investment in it and have a sword of damocles hanging over my head all the time where my account can be suspended just for msging a GM.

Humerox
10-04-2010, 01:04 PM
Sounds like some GM's may tend to forget not everyone is a jaded loot scrub and some people that play are nice folks.

:p

Shannacore
10-04-2010, 01:05 PM
The GMs advisement worked, did it not? Sounds like someone is just being efficient.

Hoggen
10-04-2010, 01:11 PM
I would advise not investing too much time in ANY "game." After playing on Live for 10 years, I can tell you the "professional" solutions offered by the paid GMs weren't any much better, in most cases, than the one I was offered here. I can't understand why anyone would spend as much time and effort on providing a service like this, even as a learning experience, but I'm thankful they do.

korrowan
10-04-2010, 01:15 PM
Its the reason why i left my 46 druid to rot, im not gonna play a MMO with this much time investment in it and have a sword of damocles hanging over my head all the time where my account can be suspended just for msging a GM.

Why you here then?

taxi2
10-04-2010, 01:53 PM
Why you here then?

If i told you, finding it out wouldnt be an adventure!

korrowan
10-04-2010, 01:59 PM

I don't do R&F adventures I would end up in a bad place for sure.

Savard18
10-04-2010, 02:44 PM
5. Outdoor pathing mobs are not campable unless you are sitting at the spawn point and able to engage it instantly. Outdoor mobs on fast respawn such as HG and spectres, if you cannot engage immediately you do not hold the camp. Please try and share with fellow players in these instances.

6. AFK camping is not respected and is frowned upon, if caught afk camping you will be booted to the character select screen.

7. We do not have a rule for how a camp will be handed off to another player. It is recommended the player interested in obtaining a camp work that out with who is on the camp already.
*Example* Player a is on jboots, player b comes and sits and just waits. If player a wants to hand off to his friend rather than player b, he has that right. If player a wants to hold a list and give to the next player on that list, that is also his right. GMs will not moderate that unless player b can prove he was deceived by player a with how the camp would be handed off.

Any deal between players trumps any of these rules so long as all players agree. These rules are here to be a guide to players for what rights they have while in the game. In my opinion this is very similar to what SoE did with camp disputes in game. As Nilbog has said in this thread, in 99 every named spawn in zones would have entire groups at them. If one group was capitalizing on more than one spawn and a second group wanted half or to share and then petitioned, PNP would be enforced and the groups would be forced to share. This is a guide explaining how we would like things to be shared.

Failure to comply and respect these rules will be viewed as disruptive behavior and players will be subject to disciplinary action. Please dont let it come to this.

I am a little surprised that on a server like this with a general play nice attitude they would leave camping rules in such a grey area.

The turn it over to anyone causes drama, but so be it. Why allow someone to cockblock someone else, but not give the person being cockblocked a fair way to retaliate?

Anyway, these are the posted rules – you were right according to them.

AC camp fits into all 3 of those, so grey.

iamjack
10-04-2010, 04:02 PM
called by current camper to take over, and immediately as he leaves.

IMO, the current camper should wait for you before leaving, in order to pass the camp right to you...

since the current camper left....
who can tell if he really passed the camp right to you?
in some case, the next camper can't even tell who is the last camper ....
since the only thing see he might see is a open ac camp with nobody around...

Maneuk
10-04-2010, 04:45 PM
TLC anyone?.....

Had fun in NYC seeing TLC on cop cars with a slight different paint job (who says NY'ers are rude, why, lookie there, you had BETTER help that old lady accross the street or else the TLC squad will get ya!)

Yes, I did get the Mnemonic of Khati Shah after 4 years, was a Pug, off day, a "what the heck" kinda thing. He/It was Light blue. The eventual ring was sweeter still, regardless of the better dropped in Darkhollow at the time. Glory.

Eccentricaa
10-04-2010, 05:45 PM
called by current camper to take over, and immediately as he leaves.

IMO, the current camper should wait for you before leaving, in order to pass the camp right to you...

since the current camper left....
who can tell if he really passed the camp right to you?
in some case, the next camper can't even tell who is the last camper ....
since the only thing see he might see is a open ac camp with nobody around...

/agree

Ronas
10-04-2010, 05:51 PM

Around 5-6 months back taxi you seemed pretty helpful and willing to port and things like that since always saw you in either EC or lava. But then you disappeared for acouple of months, and when you got back you lasted i would say around a week then disappeared again. Now this to me showed you were probably banned or something since you jumped on the forum and start going off about pretty much everything.

My advised is that you probably choose the wrong class, because that druid has been in the 40s forever (shows lack of interest in playing druid). Since you dont play no more, and assuming your druid is not banned. Recommend you sell it and reroll something more fun.

aggresor223
10-04-2010, 05:56 PM
hoggen = druid? I could be wrong, rather odd place for a druid to be camping considering they have sow?

Hildatoon
10-04-2010, 06:07 PM
The GMs advisement worked, did it not? Sounds like someone is just being efficient.

So if one of my kids takes the others toy I should punish both?

quido
10-04-2010, 06:48 PM
I love how the prime camps can bring out the absolute worst in people. People weren't big enough assholes at the manastone camp in the first place, you know? That's why they announced when it was about to be nerfed but never fixed a date. Nilbog is sadistic and just wanted to see the shitstorm that would ensue. And sure enough! I guess people's actions were more closely watched at that point, though. I personally camped a total of four manastones - including one that poofed with a corpse QQ - and each time that I was there except the first (which was relatively early on the server), at least one person came up and tried to do something really sketchy. And you know how things go there if you're honoring a list - the person who wants on that indefinite list because your guildies got next has got to be the most heart-broken butthurt pathetic dumb son of a bitch I've ever encountered. Q^∞

I need to camp that AC sometime soon for my Rogue and I'm just thinking to myself "ugggggggh, I wonder what'll happen this time and if I'm gonna have to train someone again."

YendorLootmonkey
10-04-2010, 06:55 PM
hoggen = druid? I could be wrong, rather odd place for a druid to be camping considering they have sow?

Well, now that the boots are MQ-able, you think having sow is going to stop someone from camping something they can sell the MQ rights to?

yaeger
10-04-2010, 07:03 PM
There will always be assholes either ignoring the rules or finding a loophole in the rules to justify their actions.

Don't give up your camp to assholes.

Dantes
10-04-2010, 07:20 PM
They should have just made jboots dragon loot when they removed them from Najena. Force these assholes to actually have friends if they want a pair. ;)

Hoggen
10-04-2010, 10:41 PM
Just to clear up the misunderstandings, it's the AC in Uguk, not JBoots.
The list creating camper was there for several seconds, maybe more than a minute, before leaving.
As soon as he left, the other person uninvised and sat on the spawn.
Yes, I am a druid, but I was on an alt ( not that this matters, since legs for druids drop at AC in Guk, but people thought it was Jboots, so...).

Also, if you haven't heard, Jboots is MQable now, and everyone and his mother camps it to sell the ring. I was floored the other day when I passed by and no one was camping it. I was camping it less than 5 minutes when someone else walked up and asked if I was.

Like I said.. I haven't played much before a month ago, but my experiences with camps have been really tame up til today. Mostly the people on P1999 are really cooperative at following rules, since GMs will ban both of you if you complain.

Uthgaard
10-04-2010, 10:43 PM
Sounds like some GM's may tend to forget not everyone is a jaded loot scrub and some people that play are nice folks.

:p

Sounds like some players may forget that we have more going on than they could possibly comprehend, especially with broken boats at the same time as a provider outage while half the server was in the planes.

Whether player a or player b gets to camp mob c isn't a server priority.

Search "#movechar" (153 hits in 1 files)
Search "summoning" (227 hits in 1 files)
Search "#pcorpse saferes" (25 hits in 1 files)
Search "#pcorpse res" (10 hits in 1 files)
Search "#pcorpse summon" (106 hits in 1 files)

That's just since the patch (yesterday). And that's only the commands for those two issues. You do the math.

Hoggen
10-04-2010, 10:55 PM
Well, to be fair Uth, there's no way to know what's going on with GMs unless you tell us. Where was the post on the forums asking that no one petition? Or explaining how tough things were at the moment?

I think seeing that people honor the server rules should be a priority when possible. Obviously, if equipment failures happen such as you described, simply not showing up for the petition might be an option? Or sending a tell that you have too much to deal with at the time, and to work it out?

Uthgaard
10-04-2010, 11:25 PM
It ain't all about you.

Nice try skirting the rule about discussing GM decisions though. Thread closed.