PDA

View Full Version : Spergloids.

maerilith
03-19-2015, 12:35 PM
Please provide a detailed description of your issue or question along with any error messages so we may assist you. Do not include any additional personal information when submitting this feedback.
Any Linux distribution I download I can install on any computer. They are competitive and interoperable with Microsoft protocols and APIs. This will only improve over time.

I legally acquired a license through my manufacturer. However I do not have access to your software. This is going to be the main reason I stop using Microsoft products all together. I am extremely disappointed that I cannot reinstall Microsoft Windows 7 Home premium 64 bit with a digital download. Microsoft is denying itself access to customers who will repair their own software and hardware with alternatives, over what I consider an extremely trivial issue (who gets to distribute and install your software, and of course Microsoft should be the one doing this, not 3rd parties).

My system primarily failed to boot after a Microsoft Windows Critical update.

I thank you for enlightening me as to the corrupt and flawed business model and helping to educate millions on much better software and business practices.

Yours truly, [redacted IRL name]

p.s. Linux Mint Cinnamon looks really proming. This isnt the first time I've jumped ship from microsoft, I've just been too lazy until now to make the switch again (I got a free computer with win7 installed) it worked great for spergloidquest until I bothered to actually do maintenance on it (esterogen + spring cleaning + spergloidysphoria).

P.p.s fuk u all, ESPECIALLY Radditsu,

and especially now Aviann, UR A FIREGIANT BRO (and thats ok with me, but appearently u feel mad about it)

Pokesan
03-19-2015, 12:37 PM
what's your question?

maerilith
03-19-2015, 12:39 PM
Feedback is no a question, also were do you see ??? in my post. The only punctuation I used was . and , and ( ).

I was making a statement of fact for the ultimate spergloids out there (those poor souls chained to desks and phones at microsoft)

maerilith
03-19-2015, 12:40 PM
Also, [ ] is probably considered punctuation as well.

But alas, I am a very low level (maybe ~ level 3, sperglette) so I probably don't have the skill points to understand grammer all that well. Or have super accurate typing abilitiy

Ezalor
03-19-2015, 12:46 PM
pity reply

Red_Psyphon
03-19-2015, 12:49 PM
what the fuck

Pokesan
03-19-2015, 12:49 PM
go to bed

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
03-19-2015, 01:06 PM
pity reply

kb2005
03-19-2015, 03:09 PM
I'm considering a Win 7 / openSUSE dual boot for funsies.

maerilith
03-19-2015, 05:07 PM
sooooooo far i'm really impressed with mint, the liveusb i created is baller and rock solid and <3 my hardware liek it was made for it (amd x4 640, and shiity shiiiityyyyy nvidia chipsets from 10 yrs ago (north, south bridge)and pci video

oh and it grabbed my ancient netgear b/g thumb like a champ

Big_Japan
03-19-2015, 05:25 PM
hurb is like the ole dirty bastard of these forums, aint no father to his style. only thing missing is amusing punchline or two

maerilith
03-19-2015, 05:39 PM
omg congratz\\

http://i.imgur.com/E9SRBlB.png (http://imgur.com/E9SRBlB)

leewong
03-20-2015, 05:51 AM
Please provide a detailed description of your issue or question along with any error messages so we may assist you. Do not include any additional personal information when submitting this feedback.
Any Linux distribution I download I can install on any computer. They are competitive and interoperable with Microsoft protocols and APIs. This will only improve over time.

I legally acquired a license through my manufacturer. However I do not have access to your software. This is going to be the main reason I stop using Microsoft products all together. I am extremely disappointed that I cannot reinstall Microsoft Windows 7 Home premium 64 bit with a digital download. Microsoft is denying itself access to customers who will repair their own software and hardware with alternatives, over what I consider an extremely trivial issue (who gets to distribute and install your software, and of course Microsoft should be the one doing this, not 3rd parties).

My system primarily failed to boot after a Microsoft Windows Critical update.

I thank you for enlightening me as to the corrupt and flawed business model and helping to educate millions on much better software and business practices.

Yours truly, [redacted IRL name]

p.s. Linux Mint Cinnamon looks really proming. This isnt the first time I've jumped ship from microsoft, I've just been too lazy until now to make the switch again (I got a free computer with win7 installed) it worked great for spergloidquest until I bothered to actually do maintenance on it (esterogen + spring cleaning + spergloidysphoria).

P.p.s fuk u all, ESPECIALLY Radditsu,

and especially now Aviann, UR A FIREGIANT BRO (and thats ok with me, but appearently u feel mad about it)

Why mint? It is just Debian with a bunch of bloat added. Why not just do a minimal debian installation, add a window manager like openbox or fluxbox then grab only the programs and drivers you need?

Ravager
03-20-2015, 06:36 AM
sooooooo far i'm really impressed with mint, the liveusb i created is baller and rock solid and <3 my hardware liek it was made for it (amd x4 640, and shiity shiiiityyyyy nvidia chipsets from 10 yrs ago (north, south bridge)and pci video

oh and it grabbed my ancient netgear b/g thumb like a champ

That's the problem with Linux. You have to wait 10 years before your hardware has a driver or make them yourself. And in any case they'll be generic and not fully functional.

maerilith
03-20-2015, 12:08 PM
oh dudebro mike, ur so cool and helpful

i been in it for 10 yrs, if i get a loop errer driver error right after installing a critical update and i dont have my original oem install disks and that shit sits at a blinking cursor at my MBR and i go to redownload windows 7 home premium

whos falt is that?

NOT MINE

fuk microsoft bro

they can provide their software, it's protected by keys! and authentication bro, they don't need 2 even worry about it bro

bro, on tpb theres plenty of cracked copies of their shit software if u dont mind having a rootkitted machine bro

maerilith
03-20-2015, 12:09 PM
also, i'm tired of just shoving microsoft recovery disks and fixing crap like that, yes i could have prob just fixed the mbr and patched a few startup files and had an even more unstable shitty microsoft system

at least linux uses proper /home directory structure and /etc

(i'm biased and never really did like ms)

maerilith
03-20-2015, 12:16 PM
and b4 u call me dumb for bein ragy about liscencing/retailing "software" keys

I think it is dumb

dumb dumb dumb and retarded i know what the schema is it's not like a "car" i bought with custom shit in it

it's off the shelf hardware with dell branding

and dell is even more major stupid for not having it's own digital recovery disks

so fuk dell2

(alllthough dell is one of the much better retailers, wud recommend 2 granny 100% over hp or etc)

but linovo is best!

maerilith
03-20-2015, 12:17 PM
car analogy, shit doesn't need dell oem gassoline 2 run, and if i bought an aftermarket conversion kit for ethonal/biodiesal, fuk the man, shud be legal2

#derupotsnatch

maerilith
03-20-2015, 12:18 PM
oh yeah i been IT pro for more than 10 yrs, that was just my mania, i prob have more than a PDd, shud get a free diploma from berkly IMO

maerilith
03-20-2015, 12:25 PM
plus steam works really really gud on mint out the box, i'm happy for

http://i.imgur.com/7DzJhQu.jpg

wud worship him anytime

steamos prob a cool option 2, i don't do anything productive with my desktop anyway

maerilith
03-20-2015, 01:15 PM
Why mint? It is just Debian with a bunch of bloat added. Why not just do a minimal debian installation, add a window manager like openbox or fluxbox then grab only the programs and drivers you need?

oh and to actually answer your question (sorry i sperged onmike)

I like preconfigured stuff with the repos and mint looked like it was set up decently with some good repos already

Ubuntu is a bit too FOSSy for me and mint was a great compromise between foss and 3rd party proprietary support, I hope mint does well.

Also, I use to be a big slackware fan. I don't do computer stuff much anymore other than to sperg here and look up pretty kitten pictures. So it wasn't a big deal that I had the absolute most optimized awesome system.

I guess I had some very lukewarm experiences with Ubuntu. SO far much more impressed with mint.

maerilith
03-20-2015, 01:16 PM
like, i really didnt do much to mint other than throw an oracle dev repo on it and double click java 8

maerilith
03-20-2015, 01:17 PM
and it just works!

which is a new experience for me in the computer world. cause 3 decades of M$ wasn't a 'just work thing' either.

leewong
03-23-2015, 04:51 AM
oh and to actually answer your question (sorry i sperged onmike)

I like preconfigured stuff with the repos and mint looked like it was set up decently with some good repos already

Ubuntu is a bit too FOSSy for me and mint was a great compromise between foss and 3rd party proprietary support, I hope mint does well.

Also, I use to be a big slackware fan. I don't do computer stuff much anymore other than to sperg here and look up pretty kitten pictures. So it wasn't a big deal that I had the absolute most optimized awesome system.

I guess I had some very lukewarm experiences with Ubuntu. SO far much more impressed with mint.

To each there own I suppose. If you like mint you should check out cruncbang and arch. Crunch supports lots of hardware off the shelf but is geared towards minimal bloat. Arch has been around for ages and has a great community and support...minimal bloat as well. I still have an arch partition on my HD....5 years and running.

leewong
03-23-2015, 04:57 AM
oh yeah i been IT pro for more than 10 yrs, that was just my mania, i prob have more than a PDd, shud get a free diploma from berkly IMO

Not trying to be harsh but if you have been doing it for 10 years and just now installed a Linux distro for the first time...you prob earn minimum wage or do it for family and friends only. Just saying....

TacoSmasher
03-23-2015, 05:39 AM
Not trying to be harsh but if you have been doing it for 10 years and just now installed a Linux distro for the first time...you prob earn minimum wage or do it for family and friends only. Just saying....

QFT.

also, this thread, WTF!?

radditsu
03-23-2015, 09:01 AM
Dont quote him. I dont want his idiocy in my life. I just want him to dissapear.

maerilith
03-23-2015, 12:44 PM
Not the 1st time and stop posting in my fucking threads radditsu.

radditsu
03-23-2015, 01:52 PM
I assume thats to me and go fuck yourself

DetroitVelvetSmooth
03-23-2015, 02:18 PM
Hope your medication arrives soon or you get the help you need god bless

Dizey
03-23-2015, 02:22 PM
fuk microsoft bro

they can provide their software, it's protected by keys! and authentication bro, they don't need 2 even worry about it bro

Daz's Loader pretty much negated all of their product key and authentication protection years ago by exploiting the SLIC 2 preactivation methods being used by OEM vendors such as DELL, HP, Toshiba, etc, and MS hasn't been able to do anything about it. I'm honestly surprised that they didn't pull the digital river links years ago.

radditsu
03-23-2015, 04:43 PM

i have been in IT for 6-7 years and i hates linux.

Well ...i hate our email server.... we got a few trial linux based virtual routers that i like.

leewong
03-23-2015, 05:13 PM
i have been in IT for 6-7 years and i hates linux.

Well ...i hate our email server.... we got a few trial linux based virtual routers that i like.

Love it or hate it doesn't matter. There is no avoiding Linux based systems while doing any serious IT work.

maerilith
03-23-2015, 05:49 PM
qmail fgts

leewong
03-23-2015, 05:58 PM
qmail fgts

Lol, good luck proposing that one to a CEO.

maerilith
03-23-2015, 06:08 PM
IKR

leewong
03-23-2015, 06:18 PM
IKR

Not to mention if you have ever worked for a financial institution you would know the SEC audits you twice a year. They want to see every single business email sent from employees and handing them 300 gmail logins and passwords just isn't an option. Shit changed after bush knocked down the towers.

loramin
03-23-2015, 06:19 PM
maerilith you really do sounds like a manic person ...

... but woot for Linux (and Mint in particular, it's a great distro and the one I'm writing this post from).

Now the real question is: can you make P99 work under Linux? Many have tried, but few have succeeded.

radditsu
03-23-2015, 06:31 PM
Not to mention if you have ever worked for a financial institution you would know the SEC audits you twice a year. They want to see every single business email sent from employees and handing them 300 gmail logins and passwords just isn't an option. Shit changed after bush knocked down the towers.

Postini/google apps covers our stuff. Like 5 bucks a user. Our mail server keeps a permanent archive. Its only like 300gb a year.