PDA

View Full Version : Serious question here...

EQLZ
03-15-2015, 09:54 PM
/rant on

Do any of the current players even want new people to start playing on p99? The reason I ask is because I've been playing for about 3 weeks, I've been in every starter zone, starter dungeon, and spent some time in EC and from everything I've encountered the experienced players on this server decidedly DO NOT want new players to join the community. You can tell who is experienced and who isn't by their twink gear and how they act. For example, a 10th level ogre warrior wearing 30k in twink gear, a 54th bard in full SS swarmkiting 90% of the open area of LOIO, mobs that are at least 15, probably 20 levels below him, leaving few mobs for anyone else to pull. Or the fact that experienced players will KS you anytime they want, the fact that after hunting in EC for over 6 hours, politely asking for buffs about every 30-45 minutes so as to be as little of a pest as possible, that aside from SoW every now and then, a 10th level shaman who buffed me to his full capacity more than once (and was handsomely tipped for it), very few people even acknowledged my presence.

I wasn't begging for plat, I wasn't begging for free gear, I was politely asking for buffs to help out a newbie and recently returned player. I've not leveled very far because I'm trying to NOT beg. I'm trying to bootstrap my toons like we had to back in 2001. I'm farming low blues and greens for tradeskill mats; I'm working baking, brewing, blacksmithing, and tailoring with every spare copper I have so I can be as self-sufficient as possible. But for my work, I've experienced very little in return from the sense of community standpoint. Almost nothing, very little help or even interaction at all.

And now back to my question, do any of the current players even want new people to start playing on p99? The reason I ask is because when I played EQ in my prime EQ days of Kunark, Velious, and Luclin; a toon couldn't walk 3 zones without someone throwing a sow or buffs at them without them even asking. KSing wasn't as rampantly experienced by me back then as it has been since I came to p99. I've played other games, DAoC, AoC, WoW, CoH/CoV, SWG, DDO, you name it. What I am looking for is the sense of community in a game that I experienced back when I played EQ, and I think my concern as it relates to what I want from a game is very valid considering what I have experienced thus far. Don't get me wrong, it's not all bad, but when there are 175+ people in EC, at least 35 people above 45 in the zone at all times in a six hour period with people filtering in and out as they do...and the only guy to throw me buffs is a 10th level shaman that I actually banded for on discount week ago? That makes me wonder if I am wasting my time even trying to come back and enjoy this game. A game can have the best play ever, but if the community is a bunch of elitists too busy auctioning gear in EC to interact or buff a newbie player in crap gear not 10 feet from them, then what is the point of even trying? Someone please tell me, because I don't know what to make of it...

maerilith
03-15-2015, 09:57 PM
Do any of the current players even want new people to start playing on p99?

Obviously the general majority do not care about 'new' people. Only people they like.

WHich is not long winded TLDRy teary eyed niave little children liek u

Grow up, and carve ur own autistic piece of this autistic pie.

maerilith
03-15-2015, 10:00 PM
Also, veterans get really bored with new people liek u, a lot of us stuck it thru tough times and just rolled alts or goofed around and waited 410th in line for our little bit of gear we flaunt in ur face.

Lojik
03-15-2015, 10:02 PM
Mostly good people on the server, but there are plenty of people who have their own "issues" they need to work out. If you're in a heavily populated area or a contested area you're more likely to run into them.

If your goal is to relive classic eq memories you're in the right place. If you want to experience end game stuff, probably best to delete your chars now.

EQLZ
03-15-2015, 10:07 PM
Obviously the general majority do not care about 'new' people. Only people they like.

WHich is not long winded TLDRy teary eyed niave little children liek u

Grow up, and carve ur own autistic piece of this autistic pie.

^ and THAT is the reason the EQ community as a whole DIED. That was a douchey response to a serious post. TLDR = I don't have the intelligence to fathom anything more than single sentences at a time. Teary-eyed?...not hardly, just trying to gauge the community and figure out if I need to be a jerk like you to enjoy a game I love again. Naive is how it's spelled, just for the record... Epic win being a child calling someone with an adult approach (asking for discussion about a concern) to a situation a child...

jarshale
03-15-2015, 10:11 PM
EC is full of jaded tunnel rats who don't give a fuck just go somewhere else. I had a fantastic time in oasis earlier took minutes to find a group on a non twinked alt.

xKoopa
03-15-2015, 10:14 PM
people were super nice to me as a noob, so idk what to say

i was lvl 8 or so and a guy in my group gave me 3k plat to buy some starting gear

around lvl 20 or so i had a friend give me 20k in gear

both of these people said they were glad to see new people coming to the server

EQLZ
03-15-2015, 10:15 PM
Mostly good people on the server, but there are plenty of people who have their own "issues" they need to work out. If you're in a heavily populated area or a contested area you're more likely to run into them.

If your goal is to relive classic eq memories you're in the right place. If you want to experience end game stuff, probably best to delete your chars now.

Thanks for the reply. Will try less populated areas. Glad to know I'm in the right place for reminiscent play, but I have no goals of end game content...at least no time soon. A few friends came back to the game with me, and we group on the weekends but have scheduling conflicts throughout the week so we each solo during the week at different times. We probably won't do anything end game until after Velious is released on p99 as that was our favorite content. Thanks again for the reply, adult discourse appreciated. :)

Samatman
03-15-2015, 10:17 PM
I just started as well. IMO the entire scene (lets say EC for example) does not revolve around new starters. Why should it? I've gotten buffs unasked, I've been handed gear unasked. I'm not looking for some druid to shadow me with sow and thorns, because I want to play the way it was - and from what I've seen so far, blue is spot on.

Even if no one had cast a spell on me, or handed me a piece of bronze, the new player experience is so close to what it was in 2000. Maybe you get a buff, maybe you get a freebie, but mostly you are on your own. Ask a question? Someone answers. When you want something, ask, donate, give. When you have something, offer, sell, donate. This is why I love EQ.

TheBiznessTZ
03-15-2015, 10:28 PM
I started brand new on red99 a week ago and can say its very like what you're looking for. Ive havent had much problem finding groups during peak play time. The guild "fresh" is super friendly and enjoys helping out new people.

EQLZ
03-15-2015, 10:31 PM
I just started as well. IMO the entire scene (lets say EC for example) does not revolve around new starters. Why should it? I've gotten buffs unasked, I've been handed gear unasked. I'm not looking for some druid to shadow me with sow and thorns, because I want to play the way it was - and from what I've seen so far, blue is spot on.

Even if no one had cast a spell on me, or handed me a piece of bronze, the new player experience is so close to what it was in 2000. Maybe you get a buff, maybe you get a freebie, but mostly you are on your own. Ask a question? Someone answers. When you want something, ask, donate, give. When you have something, offer, sell, donate. This is why I love EQ.

Thanks for the reply. I can emphatically tell you that back in 2000 there were NOT guys twinked 30K ready, waiting, and probably going to KS you or pull your camp, I can also emphatically tell you that back in 2000 there were not bards swarmkiting most of the mobs in a zone where the average mob is 20 levels below them. I know there will be elitists that play, every game has them. I don't doubt that there are both selfish players and considerate players, I'm trying to gauge the balance...acclimating myself to my environment, if you will...and trying to decide if the attempt is worth my time and energy. Thanks again. :)

arsenalpow
03-15-2015, 11:05 PM
It's also a result of being frozen in Kunark for 4 years. The game is classic but the player environment, economy, raid scene, and amount of high level players isnt.

Glenzig
03-15-2015, 11:08 PM
Not trolling. Try Red. Lower population, no elitist group attitude. Groups running all level ranges all the time. Its not all psychopaths and bergers over here either. The only real difference is that the few people who are really jerks can kill you instead of just following you around ksing you or refusing to invite you to their group. At least give it a fair shot. You obviously haven't liked your experience on blue so far. What do you have to lose?

maerilith
03-15-2015, 11:09 PM
I still think OP is #mad

there's a certain eloquence and efficiency to not overdoing the communication. At some point you reach the point of marginal return and you just clobber any point you had to begin with.

OP you did that. I'm calling u on it. Don't QQ in RnF and expect a big rainbow goatsee waterfall of sparklies. mmmkaaaaayy

#i'meloquent :P and ur a talking liek a tarded firegiant, go to oasis it's the place were all scrubs are accepted on to the server, guk is also a goog spot, and for fucks sake, someone go to permafrost that place is a ghost town

p.s. i've totally just leveled people on both servers on my mains for the hell of it and vice versa without anyone asking, the problem is you seem to go to a place and expect something given to you, that attitude usually gets people to ignore u pretty quick

which is what you're ranting about

obvs mad, I hope I CLARIFIED what I think about your paragraphs of tears

maerilith
03-15-2015, 11:10 PM
p.s. i thru some big technical words and terms in there for u

Salahdin
03-15-2015, 11:11 PM
Yep, I am blessed with a good start on blue after xfering from red(shit server - crazy people) so always giving items to starting players...given 10's k of Pp worth of gear away even if it goes to people who quit or just gets xfered it to their ec tunnel toons.

My little Paladin is heavly twinked but I don't try and hog camps in popular areas. I duo or 3 person group for optimal xp for all involved.

Sounds like you had a bad set of experiences. A lot of vets are grumpy self absorbed people who have forgot what EQ is about. You kinda need to brush it off and buckle down as it doesn't get easier attitudes wise.

Just the other day I was factioning for soulfire MQ and some cheeky enchanter thought it'd be cool to charm a gaurd and kill the faction mob. Thankfully he respawns 6.5 mins later but the odd intention to fuck with someone's day was there.

TheBiznessTZ
03-15-2015, 11:21 PM
[QUOTE=Salahdin;1821096

Just the other day I was factioning for soulfire MQ and some cheeky enchanter thought it'd be cool to charm a gaurd and kill the faction mob. Thankfully he respawns 6.5 mins later but the odd intention to fuck with someone's day was there.[/QUOTE]

this is why you play on red and kill him when he does this.

Speedi
03-15-2015, 11:37 PM
I would want as many new people as possible. Its people that make MMORPG's fun.

contemptor
03-15-2015, 11:39 PM
I still think OP is #mad

there's a certain eloquence and efficiency to not overdoing the communication. At some point you reach the point of marginal return and you just clobber any point you had to begin with.

OP you did that. I'm calling u on it. Don't QQ in RnF and expect a big rainbow goatsee waterfall of sparklies. mmmkaaaaayy

#i'meloquent :P and ur a talking liek a tarded firegiant, go to oasis it's the place were all scrubs are accepted on to the server, guk is also a goog spot, and for fucks sake, someone go to permafrost that place is a ghost town

p.s. i've totally just leveled people on both servers on my mains for the hell of it and vice versa without anyone asking, the problem is you seem to go to a place and expect something given to you, that attitude usually gets people to ignore u pretty quick

There are a lot of incompetent morons like the person I've quoted on this server for sure. They breathe that persona due to having "liek", no life outside of dominating the game. But there are plenty of awesome people on this server that are willing to help.

As high level buffing classes on this server, we get TONS of tells, especially in highly populated zones like EC. If you see a character like my main there, it's often there for a specific purpose or in a hurry. Dont be discouraged.

Littlegyno 13.0
03-15-2015, 11:42 PM
COME TO RED99 BUDDY, WE WANT ALL NEW PLAYERS YOWL.

Sidelle
03-15-2015, 11:48 PM
I still think OP is #mad

p.s. i thru some big technical words and terms in there for u
Are you overdosing on your estrogen pills, dear? ;)

http://33.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8rqqorDK91rd98jio1_250.gif

Sidelle
03-15-2015, 11:50 PM
Not trolling. Try Red. Lower population, no elitist group attitude. Groups running all level ranges all the time. Its not all psychopaths and bergers over here either. The only real difference is that the few people who are really jerks can kill you instead of just following you around ksing you or refusing to invite you to their group. At least give it a fair shot. You obviously haven't liked your experience on blue so far. What do you have to lose?

COME TO RED99 BUDDY, WE WANT ALL NEW PLAYERS YOWL.
I feel sad and lonely when I've tried red. Can't even speak in /ooc, wtf.. :(

Byel
03-16-2015, 12:15 AM
Like they said Tunnel is full of rats focused on chat trying to flip items. I've seen countless players sit w low lvl groups and buff, ds, etc. I do it on my mage..folks hand out low end gear to ghetto twink true newcomers.

Just be polite and do your thing you'll find people. And if someone's a dick don't cry just keep moving. Their out there but few and far between.

Ps; a 30k warrior twink is no twink. Warriors super expensive!

Littlegyno 13.0
03-16-2015, 12:24 AM
I feel sad and lonely when I've tried red. Can't even speak in /ooc, wtf.. :(

ooc is global?

Feanol
03-16-2015, 01:02 AM
Project 1999 Red my friend.

Contrary to the PvP clause, players are extremely friendly. People want to encourage you to stay on the server and keep the population rising (unlike blue). People are always opening their banks and tossing out mid-level gear to new players that spend a bit of time chatting and explaining their circumstance.

Personally, I can't count the amount of Banded Armor sets and sch I've gifted to new players I come across. Take the Red pill!

Sidelle
03-16-2015, 02:34 AM
ooc is global?
But you have to be at least level 10 or something, right?

Anyway. I still think one of these days I'll actually put some real effort into leveling something on red. I've been wanting to for a while. But to be completely honest about it I am just really bad at PvP...

There, I admitted it. Lol

Littlegyno 13.0
03-16-2015, 03:40 AM

Anyway. I still think one of these days I'll actually put some real effort into leveling something on red. I've been wanting to for a while. But to be completely honest about it I am just really bad at PvP...

naw lvl 1 now.

shrug, who cares if you're bad. it adds another level of difficulty and gameplay to everquest.

lemma know if you want the beginning pixel package to red99. even if you don't play with holocaust.

Llodd
03-16-2015, 05:59 AM
this is why you play on red and kill him when he does this.

This ^

Is why I love red. When people do douchey things you just kill em. It's written into the server code. Their weapons and spells take a significant negative hit making it 100% you will win.

Stormfists
03-16-2015, 06:05 AM
Easy way to have fun on P99:

Avoid EC tunnel / commonlands.
Do not tradeskill until your into 50's.
Roll a toon on Feydwer, preferrably something good in both group and solo scenarios.
Hunt in gfay/cb/unrest/mistmoore.
Leave at level 45.
Go to CoM/DL until 50.
Go to KC until 54.
Go to Seb until 60 farming plat.
Fast forward 2 years and twink an alt.
Help others who are struggling like you ar enow.

cyan29
03-16-2015, 06:58 AM
/rant on

Do any of the current players even want new people to start playing on p99? The reason I ask is because I've been playing for about 3 weeks, I've been in every starter zone, starter dungeon, and spent some time in EC and from everything I've encountered the experienced players on this server decidedly DO NOT want new players to join the community. You can tell who is experienced and who isn't by their twink gear and how they act. For example, a 10th level ogre warrior wearing 30k in twink gear, a 54th bard in full SS swarmkiting 90% of the open area of LOIO, mobs that are at least 15, probably 20 levels below him, leaving few mobs for anyone else to pull. Or the fact that experienced players will KS you anytime they want, the fact that after hunting in EC for over 6 hours, politely asking for buffs about every 30-45 minutes so as to be as little of a pest as possible, that aside from SoW every now and then, a 10th level shaman who buffed me to his full capacity more than once (and was handsomely tipped for it), very few people even acknowledged my presence.

I wasn't begging for plat, I wasn't begging for free gear, I was politely asking for buffs to help out a newbie and recently returned player. I've not leveled very far because I'm trying to NOT beg. I'm trying to bootstrap my toons like we had to back in 2001. I'm farming low blues and greens for tradeskill mats; I'm working baking, brewing, blacksmithing, and tailoring with every spare copper I have so I can be as self-sufficient as possible. But for my work, I've experienced very little in return from the sense of community standpoint. Almost nothing, very little help or even interaction at all.

And now back to my question, do any of the current players even want new people to start playing on p99? The reason I ask is because when I played EQ in my prime EQ days of Kunark, Velious, and Luclin; a toon couldn't walk 3 zones without someone throwing a sow or buffs at them without them even asking. KSing wasn't as rampantly experienced by me back then as it has been since I came to p99. I've played other games, DAoC, AoC, WoW, CoH/CoV, SWG, DDO, you name it. What I am looking for is the sense of community in a game that I experienced back when I played EQ, and I think my concern as it relates to what I want from a game is very valid considering what I have experienced thus far. Don't get me wrong, it's not all bad, but when there are 175+ people in EC, at least 35 people above 45 in the zone at all times in a six hour period with people filtering in and out as they do...and the only guy to throw me buffs is a 10th level shaman that I actually banded for on discount week ago? That makes me wonder if I am wasting my time even trying to come back and enjoy this game. A game can have the best play ever, but if the community is a bunch of elitists too busy auctioning gear in EC to interact or buff a newbie player in crap gear not 10 feet from them, then what is the point of even trying? Someone please tell me, because I don't know what to make of it...

I am new as well (lvl 25 so far) but I can tell you, whenever I am in EC auctioning, I am also playing path of exile, and checking back on EQ every once in a while.

I would assume most of the auctioneers are also playing other games, or otherwise distracted, and are not paying close attention while in EC.

You shouldnt get upset by the fact that EC tunnel auctioning is boring, and people arent paying much attention while there.

Tiggles
03-16-2015, 07:01 AM
Easy way to have fun on P99:

Avoid EC tunnel / commonlands.
Do not tradeskill until your into 50's.
Roll a toon on Feydwer, preferrably something good in both group and solo scenarios.
Hunt in gfay/cb/unrest/mistmoore.
Leave at level 45.
Go to CoM/DL until 50.
Go to KC until 54.
Go to Seb until 60 farming plat.
Fast forward 2 years and twink an alt.
Help others who are struggling like you ar enow.

That sounds fucking awful.

maerilith
03-16-2015, 07:52 AM
Sidelle <3

I'll reiterae for the pundits here.

To be so emotionally invested in the ethical and moral compass of this community as an individual requires some obsessive and compulsive underlying issues which is preventing you from appreciating and valueing the unique individual virtues of each player.

When I log into this game. It is wonderful and fun because of the diversity of players. I have such great karma that I never ever experience what the OP is QQing about.

Also, the mistimoore/KC/Seb route is great IF you want to develop your interpersonal skills.

Red really is an antisocial environment. However the small cliques you will form there are much closer nit.

However only expect to have like 1-2 friends/people to talk to rather then the multitudes on blue who can all be utilized if your not a mental patient yourself.

P.S.P.S. Tiggles, ur posts R cute.

Estrogen is one hell of a pharmaceutical which just so happens to also be a lovely natural part of most of our biologies, I highly recommend you all try it.

arsenalpow
03-16-2015, 07:54 AM

Only because you're not a fresh player.

I'd also add the suggestion "avoid Chardok AE" because that's filled with some of the worst min/maxing crybabies around. Your first 60 should be leveled with the purpose of meeting like minded people and figuring out what style of raiding you'd like to get into.

maerilith
03-16-2015, 07:55 AM
P.pS.Ps

hard2getoutof kittenz haz cheezburger modez of typiiing once u try it U WILL NEVAR RETARN 2 ENGRISH

Ravager
03-16-2015, 08:14 AM

I know, they forgot to add "Avoid Tiggles" to that list.

Tiggles
03-16-2015, 08:38 AM
Only because you're not a fresh player.

I'd also add the suggestion "avoid Chardok AE" because that's filled with some of the worst min/maxing crybabies around. Your first 60 should be leveled with the purpose of meeting like minded people and figuring out what style of raiding you'd like to get into.

I'll agree with that, We have so many fucking apps whose first character was leveled from 55+ in Chardoc AE or we have bards who level exclusively by swarm kiting and have never been in a group.

These apps usually never make it.

NizmerThafen
03-16-2015, 09:41 AM
If you think things are "bad" now just starting here recently, you should have joined when the server went live like I did. No one was high level and the competition was extreme and out of control with training and cheating. Compared to then, now the server is virtually paradise.

As to your issues with people being disinterested, you may be somewhat unlucky too. Send tells to specific people who you know are not AFK if you need a buff. Plenty of people turn off or ignore /say or /ooc chat and only use /tell. In any case most people I know go out of their way to assist newbies that ask them.

As for what I do when I encounter newbies is to usually give them basic advice if they don't know much, buff them to the max, and only give them enough pp or gear to help get started. What I don't do is give newbies too much pp or gear to ruin the experience of "earning" their own way through EQ.

Glenzig
03-16-2015, 12:57 PM

I'm horrible. Do what I do. Put forth your best effort. Remember what you did wrong, ask questions and call LNS. As long as you don't carry plat on you, you really don't lose much. Its no worse than any other corpse run.

indiscriminate_hater
03-16-2015, 01:55 PM
OP: rose-colored glasses. all things considered, you're going to have a much easier time leveling here than on live. people give away shit all the time here that would have made me jump up and down in my chair to have on live.

i used a fine steel axe with my SK on live until i was 25. here, someone gave me a green jade halberd when i was like 5

Tiggles
03-16-2015, 02:04 PM
OP: rose-colored glasses. all things considered, you're going to have a much easier time leveling here than on live. people give away shit all the time here that would have made me jump up and down in my chair to have on live.

i used a fine steel axe with my SK on live until i was 25. here, someone gave me a green jade halberd when i was like 5

You're a fucking liar bro....

No such thing as a Fine Steel Axe

http://wiki.project1999.com/Fine_Steel_Weapons

EQLZ
03-16-2015, 02:08 PM
Most of the responses to this thread are exactly what I am talking about and looking for in terms of community. I might give red a try if I can get my buddies to try red as well. I did make my way back to EQ on p99 specifically to do some reminiscent gaming with them, so if they are up for it, I'm up for it. Thanks for the advice!

But before I go...

To be so emotionally invested in the ethical and moral compass of this community as an individual requires some obsessive and compulsive underlying issues which is preventing you from appreciating and valueing the unique individual virtues of each player.

Wait, so you're saying I (and every other player, by extension) should appreciate someone acting like an elitist, jaded, dbag...like you have been in this thread? Are you mental?

Red really is an antisocial environment.

With this thread being absolute evidence to the contrary, fantasyland living much?...or do you just vacation there 11 months and 29 days of each year?

However only expect to have like 1-2 friends/people to talk to rather then the multitudes on blue who can all be utilized...

So people are to be used? That line of thought DEFINES douchebaggery, and I'm the mental patient? Let me guess, those aren't people though, right? Just pixels to be manipulated? And you say I have issues?

Dearest Maerilith,

To be honest, I kinda feel bad for you. You seem like the type of player who is so bored with the game, but has too much time invested in EQ on p99, to just up and quit. That boredom has emotionally and mentally "evolved" (but a much more appropriate term is warped) your thought process to the state that you can only derive fun and enjoyment in the game, and probably life in general, by trolling, mistreating, and making enjoying the game harder for others. Your sad state of affairs makes my feelz radar ping. I has sads for you. Me hugs you. No crys, okay?

With all my love and respect,

Me

Lojik
03-16-2015, 02:10 PM
Lol just ignore m...between his other forum handles I think he occupies the most ignore lists on this forum.

Itap
03-16-2015, 02:28 PM
So you are mad because people won't buff you? First off, majority of people are AFK in EC (You can tell because you see the same 6 people auctioning the same garbage over and over again). Secondly, Nobody is obligated to buff you. How about you play the game like it was meant to be played, like most of us did when we first started here. I leveled my first character here in basically rags until I was 45. I never bugged for buffs. I never obtained free shit. I paid for every port and rez. Just play the game. Make friends, join a group, slowly solo blues, enjoy the leveling process.
Then, once you are higher level and can farm, twink your own characters. Stop being such a liberal. Just because you have nothing doesn't mean other people shouldn't be able to spend 30k on their alt.

maerilith
03-16-2015, 02:35 PM
Op accuses me of using this thread as if it is some kind of measurin stick (other than OP, which and his replies, which is all I got of him/her/it so far)

Yet OP uses this thread + only a few interactions with people on the server, biased by his own stupidity (yep we'll go with him for now) to judge the community, comes on here posts about it, gets some creative and trolly alternative opinions and completely disregards peoples history in this community (right bro if ur smart now u'll mash that ignore button cause i'm such a toxic person)

lulz

*hugs* itap

fuk the lberal bitch

P.S. again, OP, GO to red, ROLLL a char and level that fucker with fine steel and instill doubt liek a real man. Also bitch about not being part of the community there.

My sage advice, which you will obviously continue to ignore. Is to just be a part of the community and stop worrying about HOW OTHERS ARE OR ARE NOT. You will magically (YES MAGICALLY) make friends and shit.

maerilith
03-16-2015, 02:37 PM
cuz obvs i do actually haz friends here, SURPPPRIIIZE

so if leik i can do it, U CAN too OP, you cann haz classic EQ loving rainbow kitten experience 2

JUST TRY rather than posting about how pitiful ur lack of experience is.

maerilith
03-16-2015, 02:37 PM
^ me b3ing DR PHILLZ0r

Sidelle
03-16-2015, 04:05 PM
I'm horrible. Do what I do. Put forth your best effort. Remember what you did wrong, ask questions and call LNS. As long as you don't carry plat on you, you really don't lose much. Its no worse than any other corpse run.
Ok. So I've identified another potential problem with me attempting red again. I'll put it to you as a question:

Is it weird that I get embarrassed when someone kills me, even as a naked cloth-tunic-and-rusty-weapon-havin' noob that had a snowball's chance in hell of even being able to run away fast enough? ROFL. I know, it's weird. You can say it.

In general, I just hate being (1) bad at stuff, and (2) having other people (even in a game) witness my humiliation and subsequent walk of shame when I'm bad at stuff. :D

All kidding aside, though... Thanks for your kind encouragement. You too, Gyno. I might be coming to give it another try fairly soon, so maybe I'll see y'all around.

EQLZ
03-16-2015, 04:18 PM
Itap, Maerilith...I'm really not sure how either of you took what I said to imply some sense of entitlement on my part, when I was fairly clear...and yes, eloquent, in asking about the environment of the community as a whole. Both of you seem to enjoy thinking that I am mad, even trying to make me more angry with your comments. If that is your aim, let me point out that you are failing in that endeavor and doing nothing more than making yourselves look bad in the process. I'm fairly positive that neither of you actually read my original post fully...either that or you didn't understand it. Both of you take me asking about the community as a personal attack on you somehow, and flame me as if I was attacking you directly. I think the question you should ask yourselves is why are you two specifically taking my inquiry as a personal attack? Perhaps you should reread my original post. There isn't much at all to read between the lines. I'm fairly straight forward, so the fact that you take personal offense to what I said gives me (and probably most of the rest in this thread...) the notion that you've both done things that make you feel guilty, so you are lashing out at me for pointing out what I have experienced. Debate 101...the ad hominem attack is the last resort in a failed argument. Psst, the 101 is facetious, implying it's a college level course.

kenzar
03-16-2015, 04:23 PM
Itap, Maerilith...I'm really not sure how either of you took what I said to imply some sense of entitlement on my part, when I was fairly clear...and yes, eloquent, in asking about the environment of the community as a whole. Both of you seem to enjoy thinking that I am mad, even trying to make me more angry with your comments. If that is your aim, let me point out that you are failing in that endeavor and doing nothing more than making yourselves look bad in the process. I'm fairly positive that neither of you actually read my original post fully...either that or you didn't understand it. Both of you take me asking about the community as a personal attack on you somehow, and flame me as if I was attacking you directly. I think the question you should ask yourselves is why are you two specifically taking my inquiry as a personal attack? Perhaps you should reread my original post. There isn't much at all to read between the lines. I'm fairly straight forward, so the fact that you take personal offense to what I said gives me (and probably most of the rest in this thread...) the notion that you've both done things that make you feel guilty, so you are lashing out at me for pointing out what I have experienced. Debate 101...the ad hominem attack is the last resort in a failed argument. Psst, the 101 is facetious, implying it's a college level course.

Holy fuck, format your text. No one wants to read a wall of boo hoo with improper ellipses every 10 words. Furthermore no one cares about community college debate ideals here, this is RnF fgt, being right or wrong doesn't apply.

Cecily
03-16-2015, 04:26 PM
Yeah I feel like people have been entirely too nice to this person. You don't like this community? Go away. We have enough unentertaining walls of tl;dr text from our established player base.

EQLZ
03-16-2015, 04:27 PM
improper ellipses

Actually, in my case the ellipses I use in place of "you fucking idiot" in an attempt to avoid being mean every 10 or so words.

Speaking of MY ellipses, here, have a few... ... ... ... ... ... ... .. ... ... ...

EQLZ
03-16-2015, 04:30 PM
tl;dr

TLDR = I don't have the intelligence to fathom anything more than single sentences at a time.

Strange, I thought I already covered this... <check it out...MY ellipses. :D

EQLZ
03-16-2015, 04:33 PM
OMFG Maerilith was right, and is toxic.

Okay, say whatever you want. I'm going to be done. I'm emulating the hate I'm receiving.

Safon
03-16-2015, 04:35 PM
What's your character's name op?

Itap
03-16-2015, 04:39 PM
In case you are unaware, this is RnF. Anything goes here, nobody is going to cry with you in a corner because you are not getting SoW every 36 minutes. Get used to it.

That being said, I did not take your post as a "personal attack". I'm simply stating the fact that your OP has a sense of entitlement. You join this free server, and within two weeks, complain about the lack of involvement from the community. People have been here for 5+ years and have had not one complaint.

What's your in-game name? I'll be sure to follow you around every zone to make sure you are enjoying yourself here.

maerilith
03-16-2015, 04:43 PM
lol'd at solid block of unformatted txt and shit eating grin.

welcome to project 99 OP and please have a goog time here, this thread delivered finally, and now I'm going to retire from RnF for awhile <3

http://i.imgur.com/FEbksNQ.jpg

JickFromTholuxe
03-16-2015, 04:49 PM
The honest answer to your actual question is Yes, there are many people who want new players to come join the server. Genuinely new players are classic!

Grind it out to your 20s and 30s and really try your hardest to play your class well. Ask lots of questions and try to find a few experienced players you can bounce questions off of. I have a few folks on my /friends list who're new to P99 and hit me up for random questions all the time. In your 40s and 50s gear and plat will be much easier to come by so just try to get there as quickly as possible.

The stiffness and condescension you've noticed comes from the P99 raiding culture. People who've done a lot of endgame stuff can turn into sanctimonious robots because getting so far inflates their egos -- and those who have the dedication to get that far get high on that kind of stuff. When you meet people like this just feel confident about considering them the strange, aberrant ones and keep your own dignity about being kindly toward others.

EQLZ
03-16-2015, 05:17 PM
JickfromTholuxe...as in Tholuxe Paells?

Cecily
03-16-2015, 05:35 PM
Strange, I thought I already covered this... <check it out...MY ellipses. :D

Sorry I didn't read that part either. Allow me to elaborate on what I meant by tl;dr! I meant I skimmed your post, got a feel for the content and tone, and decided it was a poorly formatted ball of bawww not worth giving serious consideration to. There's nothing any level of critical reading and thought that would do to change that assessment. But, yeah leave P99 please.

http://i.imgur.com/2aiKxCd.gif

EQLZ
03-16-2015, 05:39 PM
Sorry to disappoint, but I'm here to stay. Hate as you must, you'll only receive love in return. Hope you're having a great day!

Aviann
03-16-2015, 08:33 PM
OMFG Maerilith was right, and is toxic.

Okay, say whatever you want. I'm going to be done. I'm emulating the hate I'm receiving.

Don't take it so hard, my bro. Maerilith is a she-man wannabe who wants to opress those in a videogame world daily due to circumstances leading up to him being poked at irl.

There are a lot of good gentle-people here, unfortunately the free to play factor pulls in a lot of horrible people, such as Maerilith, and there isn't really anything we can do about it besides make fun of their makeshift clam.

If you need a hand in-game, shoot me a tell on Aviann.

maerilith
03-16-2015, 09:12 PM
I'm a really nice person, both in game and out. And Aviann just wants in ur pants.

TrendyDru
03-16-2015, 09:22 PM
Everyone is telling this guy to try red. Which isn't a bad idea. But the real question is..

Is his body ready?

#derubael2016

iruinedyourday
03-16-2015, 09:23 PM
holy shit trendydru are you done with that shit wow game you play? wb

TrendyDru
03-16-2015, 09:26 PM
holy shit trendydru are you done with that shit wow game you play? wb

Hahaha I didn't officially stop playing wow. But I got an itch to play p99 on Thursday and pretty much played all weekend lol

And thanks. I've gotten a few warm tells over the weekend made me feel special <3

Aviann
03-16-2015, 11:17 PM
I'm a really nice person, both in game and out. And Aviann just wants in ur pants.

You wish.

maerilith
03-16-2015, 11:36 PM
Your a punk Avian. IDK if u have a hipster avatar and pixel pals here. Whatever u want to believe. Wish there were better slang than calling u a fgt, cause ur not even that cool in my eyes. but thats what passes for kewl in these parts

I don't think you have a fucking clue either. You entitled prick.

radditsu
03-17-2015, 12:21 AM
Sperg gonna sperg

Aviann
03-17-2015, 12:53 AM
Your a punk Avian. IDK if u have a hipster avatar and pixel pals here. Whatever u want to believe. Wish there were better slang than calling u a fgt, cause ur not even that cool in my eyes. but thats what passes for kewl in these parts

I don't think you have a fucking clue either. You entitled prick.

Your words are meaningless bro, you lost that long ago. Snip snip.

JickFromTholuxe
03-17-2015, 02:44 AM
JickfromTholuxe...as in Tholuxe Paells?

Yup, I played on Tholuxe Paells 2001-2002 as Jick, high-elf Enchanter.

maerilith
03-19-2015, 02:17 AM
i'm the least spergliek of any of u

radditsu, takes forumquest literally and srsly === sperg
aviann, mad cuz i trolled in rnf ===== triplesupermegaquadsperg

DO not call me a fucking sperglord, you fucking spergloids

Nuktari
03-19-2015, 04:14 AM
but if the community is a bunch of elitists too busy auctioning gear in EC to interact or buff a newbie player in crap gear not 10 feet from them, then what is the point of even trying?

http://media3.giphy.com/media/jnO5ng7jXmjm0/200.gif

Sidelle
03-19-2015, 06:05 AM
http://media3.giphy.com/media/jnO5ng7jXmjm0/200.gif
^^That gif looks too much like Leo DiCaprio as Arnie Grape (you know, that retarded kid from What's Eating Gilbert Grape....). The resemblance is uncanny. ;)

http://25.media.tumblr.com/d824b6bb8b76ba6adeb222330a7f3626/tumblr_mrnxkxDwOs1rc9uodo1_400.gif

Sidelle
03-19-2015, 06:13 AM
Lol. Omg it is him. Oops.

Nuktari
03-19-2015, 11:36 AM

AHAHAHAHAHAHA omg i miss u 'Delle

radditsu
03-19-2015, 03:19 PM
I need a new hobby. Does anybody have a hobby that is not like. Stupid computer person related?

Villkain
03-19-2015, 04:22 PM
why do you think they called it EverCrack? Crack wasn't addiction. Crack meant you were going to be close to assholes all the time.

maerilith
03-19-2015, 05:05 PM
l2skate or go become a real rapstar

Reguiy
03-19-2015, 05:22 PM
/rant on

A+ rant. Stop by RnFs anytime you want, pal.

Big_Japan
03-19-2015, 05:26 PM

dam. only time i've wanted to fuk leo.

Ezalor
03-19-2015, 05:36 PM
gilbert grape good movie

one of the only ones where johnny depp is actually acting and not doing the same stupid character he does in every film