PDA

View Full Version : Who has better rhetoric?

nalkin
09-29-2010, 11:57 PM
Abacab or Hasbinbad?

I find both to be very poignant, please feel free to post arguments, and or examples of their writing.

Ihealyou
09-30-2010, 12:04 AM
yo dawgs, i trained those noobs like a motherfucker, ya know?

Nocte
09-30-2010, 12:22 AM
I voted Hasbin because he's more consistent. Half the time Abacab is on par, but the other half it's:
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j4/KalissaStarr/1279929002293.png

Bubbles
09-30-2010, 02:03 AM
Can we vote "independent"?

Estolcles
09-30-2010, 02:07 AM
I vote Bob Dole.

President
09-30-2010, 02:25 AM

purist
09-30-2010, 03:57 AM
lol nocte

xshayla701
09-30-2010, 11:45 AM
hasbin bc he doesn't rely solely on stupid fucking insults to get his point across. most the time.

Uuur - Your favorite 50 cleric <Flaming Gaze>
Rockwell - Your favorite 24 warrior <Aspen and Rockwell>

My avatar is an RL picture of me. /tell Uuur for cyberz~

I hear Aspen is a guy IRL. good luck with e-dating

Ihealyou
09-30-2010, 12:36 PM
Thats weird. I always thought that you were Aspen.

xshayla701
09-30-2010, 01:46 PM
I am a guy irl. but dont get confused, we are not e-dating.

Ihealyou
09-30-2010, 01:56 PM
It's ok, I don't date fat chicks anyways

nalkin
09-30-2010, 01:58 PM

to make it worse shes also black

nalkin
09-30-2010, 02:13 PM
Some examples of writing:

Abacab:
"and you're fat as fuck and rip 4chan meme and catchphrases like it's your own modus operandi, so what is your point?

Stop acting cool by pretending to be disinterested and above the fray when you're literally reading every little word that is said on this post, as evident by your need to bump the shit back up to the top. So with that being said stop being a failtroll and go back to playing your game, you have no place in R&F."

"Sup Koota, I couldn't hear you talk, I was busy out dpsing your shit guild in hate and watching you cast human illusion in a near Orwellian panic in the EC tunnel because your consistent fear of me bringing Rinna to crash the party.

Oh and how's life? Still wearing those polos and weighing 98 lbs when wet? You get laid yet man, or are you still scouring facebook for those public profiles hoping for a AIM S/N?"

Hasbinbad:
"I made it through 1a (taught by a man-hating witch) with a B, and have additionally been trained in several forms of professional communication specifically entailing the written communication of dense technical material in a manner which is easily understandable by the lay person. I think I'll go ahead and trust the 3.7 GPA I've earned in those classes (rendered unto me by some fairly strict Ph.D.'s - who's job it was to critique my writing style and clarity), rather than your offhand and biased opinion. ..unless of course you were being ironic. kthxbyela~"

"Oh dear, I would not fit in with Alawen's circle of friends. Whatever shall I do now? I should just snuff it, because life is no longer worth living. I shall never enjoy the posh pleasures that await me in his 100% whole-grain and bean-sprout kitchen. Oh the horror. I'll never enjoy the pleasures of tofurkey sandwiches with bean-sprout paste on sprouted-grain gluten-free bread!! Oh noes!!

Look dude, all I'm saying is that judging by your like-minded forum posting, it looks like you guys would make a compatible sex couplet. I'm not judging based on gender at all whatsoever, I just think you guys seem compatible. I might be wrong, who knows? I think you guys should check it out before you knock it tho."

Daldolma
09-30-2010, 02:14 PM
They're both funny, but I take Hasbin's diction. A lot of Hasbin's humor is either derived from or augmented by his phrasing. Abacab definitely says funny shit, but he doesn't do it in an especially interesting way.

guineapig
09-30-2010, 02:15 PM
I vote Bob Dole.

Bob Dole approves of this.

Daldolma
09-30-2010, 02:20 PM
Some examples of writing:

Hasbinbad:
"I made it through 1a (taught by a man-hating witch) with a B, and have additionally been trained in several forms of professional communication specifically entailing the written communication of dense technical material in a manner which is easily understandable by the lay person. I think I'll go ahead and trust the 3.7 GPA I've earned in those classes (rendered unto me by some fairly strict Ph.D.'s - who's job it was to critique my writing style and clarity), rather than your offhand and biased opinion. ..unless of course you were being ironic. kthxbyela~"

"Oh dear, I would not fit in with Alawen's circle of friends. Whatever shall I do now? I should just snuff it, because life is no longer worth living. I shall never enjoy the posh pleasures that await me in his 100% whole-grain and bean-sprout kitchen. Oh the horror. I'll never enjoy the pleasures of tofurkey sandwiches with bean-sprout paste on sprouted-grain gluten-free bread!! Oh noes!!

Hah, in return for the praise offered above, I feel the need to direct attention to the irony of "rendered unto me by some fairly strict Ph.D's - who's job it was...". Grammar nazis are gay, but due to the placement of the error, kind of funny -- it's 'whose'.

And "the posh pleasures that await me in his 100% whole-grain and bean-sprout kitchen" had me rolling.

I appreciate the fact that he manages to be funny and sound furious at the same time.

Japan
09-30-2010, 02:38 PM
Grammar nazis are gay

FOREVER 15

VictoryARC
09-30-2010, 02:42 PM
I like Hasbinbad's bullet-point translations. Funny shit. Id post an example but I'm on my phone

xshayla701
09-30-2010, 02:47 PM
to make it worse shes also black

uuur- ive gone from 400lbs to 216, fuck you.
also, note nalkin's racism. kimmie doesnt seem to mind. (see sig)

xshayla701
09-30-2010, 02:49 PM
I like Hasbinbad's bullet-point translations. Funny shit. Id post an example but I'm on my phone

i like this

Ihealyou
09-30-2010, 03:00 PM

We can maybe talk about it at 116

HippoNipple
09-30-2010, 03:26 PM
I'm a bit confused by this convo..

I am a guy irl. but dont get confused, we are not e-dating.

Shalya admits to being a guy

Ihealyou says even if you were a girl you are fat so I don't care

also, note nalkin's racism. kimmie doesnt seem to mind. (see sig)

xShalya said I'm fat but I was fatter. Then points to his signature about how someone made a girl char and flirted with him on Everquest?

Not sure if you are bragging because you found a girl who likes fat guys or what is going on here.

We can maybe talk about it at 116

Then Ihealyou says he will consider e-dating the fat guy as long as he weighs 116?

Maybe I just missed it completely ... btw I voted for Hasbinbad but Abacab is a close 2nd.

Messianic
09-30-2010, 03:32 PM
I'm a bit confused by this convo..

Shalya admits to being a guy

Ihealyou says even if you were a girl you are fat so I don't care

xShalya said I'm fat but I was fatter. Then points to his signature about how someone made a girl char and flirted with him on Everquest?

Not sure if you are bragging because you found a girl who likes fat guys or what is going on here.

Then Ihealyou says he will consider e-dating the fat guy as long as he weighs 116?

Maybe I just missed it completely ... btw I voted for Hasbinbad but Abacab is a close 2nd.

I suspect there's some kind of joke going on, or Xshayla is very confused. See http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8605

xshayla701
09-30-2010, 04:15 PM
I suspect there's some kind of joke going on, or Xshayla is very confused. See http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8605

i got flamed for saying i was a girl once online so i had a sex change irl and also lost 200 lbs. ive always been black though

xshayla701
09-30-2010, 04:18 PM
also, kimmie and i are transexual e-lovers.

nalkin
10-01-2010, 12:52 AM

Do you think you could post an example when you get a chance, because im not sure I follow you.

Messianic
10-01-2010, 08:25 AM
i got flamed for saying i was a girl once online so i had a sex change irl and also lost 200 lbs. ive always been black though

I don't think that clears anything up... =P

Mooshoo Pork
10-02-2010, 07:17 AM

No. Please continue to vote Republican't or Deathocrat, we are moving along smoothly and want the ship to keep sailing straight into the flames of hell.