PDA

View Full Version : Leuz Task's - Kromrif Captain

Daldaen
11-13-2014, 04:28 PM
The guards are too close to the captain currently. If a druid or ranger harmonies all of them, and tags the captain. Still 2 guards come with the captain. This is not correct.

The fix: Space the mobs out a bit more / move captain a little bit back.

Tons of comments about Harmony making this a single pull:

EQClerics August 2001 (http://www.eqclerics.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3875&highlight=Harmony+benevolence)

Harmony works when done right. I've had different druids and rangers on harmony job, with different results. When I'm certain that the harmony person knows what they are doing, they get the captain solo every time. It all has to do with knowing how harmony works to take advantage of its benefits. (range of harmony AE, pulled mob must not path over harmonied mobs and etc).

You are pulling only the captain who stands few feet in front, facing the giant squad, so it really doesn't matter that the other giants are close together. If you get extras, harmony wasn't done right.

Captain is level constant 57 or 58 (blue to 60), and he is definitely 100% MR. Has a lot of HP (100k+) and he is unslowable. He hits semi hard so you need a decent higher level warrior to tank it. Although its possible to have a pally or SK tanking it, since captain is 100% MR they will have a heck of a time holding aggro. And defensive disc makes it much easier on the mana too.

You should get one or two more light healers, and one heavy damage dealer, like a ragebringer rogue or epic ranger/epic monk.

Thats pretty much it. I've done it with 5 people and no C2, but my mana pool is pretty hefty, so your mileage may vary. Need to time your CHs well and have backup healers chaining small heals (harmony druid, shaman) and you should be ok as long as your melee damage output is good enough.

He usually falls few minutes after defensive disc goes down and I finish with 30ish mana in the end.

------------------

Perplex Cerebrum
High Priest of Tunare
The Shadow Order - Lanys T'Vyl

Perplex Cerebrum
High Priest of Tunare
The Shadow Order - Lanys T'Vyl

Allakhazam Quest (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=1255&p=3#comments)

The drood harmonied(sp?) the giants and was able to single pull the captain.

I was able to harmony pull the captain single today. The captain was 58, and was *highly* MR. The giants were also scowling, ready to attack to ALL, regardless of their Kael faction. Faction hits for the kill were Kromzek, Kromrif, *and* Tormax.

Yes, he is solo pullable with harmony. And as for handing in your own tools, fix your Claws of Veeshan faction.

Allakhazam Mob (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=7055)

After handing in the tools to Scout Charisa, the Kromzek Captain will spawn near the water (to the right just outside of the Siren's Grotto zone). If you harmony-pull him, you can take him easily with a group of 55+, assuming you have a high level chanter and shaman, not to mention no less than 59 warrior tanking. Great reward in the end, but scout rarely lives for too long...

Fanorn Draffut
60 Hierophant
Knights of Loyalty
Cazic-Thule Server

Can probably add some 2002 posts from TDG as well. Really wish EQDruids forum archived better.

Ele
11-13-2014, 04:56 PM
Should definitely be able to cast harmony a few times and get capt solo!

Daldaen
11-13-2014, 05:24 PM
Last two times I tried I harmonied a central mob then tagged captain and Captain + 2 guards nearest him aggroed.

Will double check with multiple casts of harmony on mobs on the outside. But I am pretty sure currently the 2 mobs are too close to him for harmony to matter. Which wouldn't be classic.

Daldaen
03-04-2015, 11:20 AM
Since this thread got locked:

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171177

Creating a new one.

The Kromrif captain needs to have his spawn point moved forward somewhat. Harmony should allow you to single split him out. Even if you Harmony every mob in the pack the two guards nearest him will assist every time you cast on the captain. This is incorrect.

Show druids and rangers some classic love and make them valuable components to a Leuz group.

Erati
03-04-2015, 11:42 AM
jumping on the new thread for this quest as the issue I bring up in my post linked below is one I feel will be a big headache for GMs and the community in general

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144714&highlight=scout+charisa

if some devs and Nilbog could consider what I am suggesting here I dont think it would be too outrageous of a feature to add so the the players can settle their own disputes in game over the turn in

Daldaen
03-04-2015, 11:44 AM
Would prefer Charissa's spawn location is randomized a bit so people aren't clicking air in the single spot she spawns. Removed Autofire and keyboard/mouse macros as an advantage.

Ele
03-04-2015, 11:45 AM
unlocked and merged with original thread.

Erati
03-04-2015, 01:01 PM
Would prefer Charissa's spawn location is randomized a bit so people aren't clicking air in the single spot she spawns. Removed Autofire and keyboard/mouse macros as an advantage.

not sure why my suggestion of literally a simple line of text that states the name of the person who turned in with an emote is so outrageous that you would prefer to code random spawn nodes for the quest mob

seems like a straightforward solution to a problem that WILL exist esp bc of the quick depop timer on the giants

but at least I can say I warned everyone :)

Daldaen
03-04-2015, 02:23 PM
not sure why my suggestion of literally a simple line of text that states the name of the person who turned in with an emote is so outrageous that you would prefer to code random spawn nodes for the quest mob

seems like a straightforward solution to a problem that WILL exist esp bc of the quick depop timer on the giants

but at least I can say I warned everyone :)

I'm aware your suggestion will help.

But I'd prefer this not be a camp where people can just click air for victory. That just begs for people to use Autofire extensively.

Pint
03-04-2015, 03:16 PM
Just curious, can you not just harmony them from different angles/npcs to cover the spread? Seems like a pretty easy work around.

Man0warr
03-04-2015, 03:32 PM
The issue isn't getting the Harmony to land on all the mobs, but that the mobs are too close for the calm effect to do anything. All harmony does is reduce aggro radius, not completely remove it.

Erati
03-04-2015, 03:51 PM
yes even when you harmony all the giants you still pull Capt+2 every time

you are suppose to be able to get him solo and its well documents that he was pulled solo with harmony

its an easy 'sneak pull'FD split out but the current issue is literally how the NPCs are incorrectly stacked

Raev
03-04-2015, 08:24 PM
I'm aware your suggestion will help.

But I'd prefer this not be a camp where people can just click air for victory. That just begs for people to use Autofire extensively.

Scout Charisa, Lodizal, Sentry Badain . . . its all going to be a gigantic sockoff.

P.S. It's pretty funny to watch all of the druids in this thread desperately claw for some shred of utility :p

Daldaen
03-04-2015, 08:53 PM
Scout Charisa, Lodizal, Sentry Badain . . . its all going to be a gigantic sockoff.

P.S. It's pretty funny to watch all of the druids in this thread desperately claw for some shred of utility :p

Silence Monkling.

And yes, Lodizal should have a randomized spawn spot so that you can't click air to FTE him.

Druid utility is classic, once zones have animals of worth to charm (Kael, Sirens, WW, PoM) and outdoor zones for Harmony (PoM, WL, CS, WW, etc.)

The Kromrif formation however, is not classic. They were not so tightly packed that harmony didn't single pull them. Classic is all I care about.

RIP The Jacka
03-05-2015, 09:47 AM
No air clicking on red velious FYI

But yes capt should be a solo pull 100%

Erati
03-05-2015, 05:19 PM
No air clicking on red velious FYI

But yes capt should be a solo pull 100%

no clicking air.....

just a 60+ man zerg guarding the Scout.

RIP The Jacka
03-05-2015, 10:25 PM
what does that even mean? And worried about 60 people is comedic when thinking about blues camp problems.

Don't derail.

Daldaen
04-02-2015, 08:52 PM
Bump.