PDA

View Full Version : Y do u play EQ?

maerilith
02-28-2015, 05:35 PM
It's Saturday evening and I am thinking of starting another character for casual play.

I'm dreading the hours I will probably still waste infront of my computer while playing this game.

But it seems better than any other option right now other than taking a shower/hotbath (which I will do anyway, whether I played EQ or not, because I don't poopsock)

But I'de kind of just love to have the nostalgia of buffing a bunch of newbs or leveling/grouping/grinding in some of my old out of the way and favorite haunts again...

liek this time around I just want a level 60 druid so that when I get that feel again I can just log in and grab a bunch of people, sow, port, and buff, and do something once in awhile with little commitment or planning, i don't mind carrying my groups at all either, it's kind of fun usually when they are nice chill people who appreciate it

No I don't want to slay dragons, or compete for pixels, or farm gear or play a particularly challenging class.

I just want to watch frogloks die in guk with random players and kobolds in solb and goblins in re and permafrost and just have some ez going fun, not power grinding

maybe grab a nice pair of gatorscale leggings and wolf fur slippers and a chitin shell shield and a silvry scimitar and a lockjaw hide vest

i kind of don't care if I get level 30+ again, I still have 2 fully geared toons here ready to go

but

I don't even want to twink and I know I will loose this weekend and most of this weeks nights to EQ if I did this and started again

I could keep it under control, it might even get me inspired and motivated in school again and give me a desire to manage my time a little better

.... other than EQ, I want to lose weight, and get some cardio so I could eat donuts again without making myself sick and becoming a fat gross bitch :(

Big_Japan
02-28-2015, 05:45 PM
http://oi58.tinypic.com/dr48ew.jpg

i did catch "fat gross bitch" tho in my quick scrolldown

harnold
02-28-2015, 05:45 PM
Y Does any1 play eq?

To get higher level to get more platinum to get more gear to twink a character to get higher level to get more platinum to get more gear to twink a new character to get higher level to help get more platinum to get more gear to twink a new character....

or

To raid the same mobs over and over to get better gear to raid better the same mobs over and over to get better gear to raid the same mobs over and over...

maerilith
02-28-2015, 05:47 PM
u mean u do this for a false sense of achievement in an environment with other like minded people who are sometimes not just npcs?

i know gustoo likes to just help people

I know I like to do that, but I get bored quickly other than leveling in a group there's no carrot I can usually hold to keep myself playing if I miss a few days, my last time I took a break from EQ I havnt been back since almost a yr

philjackson
02-28-2015, 06:02 PM

katrik
02-28-2015, 06:05 PM
100% nostalgia. EQ is not a game to take seriously. Not as an adult.

maerilith
02-28-2015, 07:16 PM
I made it exactly 49 minutes. And I think my nostalgia is re-sated. Though server is thriving...

radditsu
02-28-2015, 08:05 PM
I play it for the pussy.

Tiggles
02-28-2015, 08:24 PM
I play it for the pussy.

jturkydurk
02-28-2015, 10:19 PM
Play it to unwind cuz I'm a fukkn nerd and while I love my wife and daughter when they go to bed at night I want to feel the follicles of my neckbeard tingle once again.

Better than that bourbon kick I had goin for a while

Wfrench1234
02-28-2015, 10:59 PM
Play it to unwind cuz I'm a fukkn nerd and while I love my wife and daughter when they go to bed at night I want to feel the follicles of my neckbeard tingle once again.

This is me

Reguiy
02-28-2015, 11:05 PM
I play it because you can put as much or as little effort as you wish to put in. Also, the drama is funny.

Pokesan
02-28-2015, 11:23 PM
because it's fun. video games are fun. if you are playing a video game and you're not having fun, stop playing that video game. find something fun instead!

FoxxHound
02-28-2015, 11:38 PM
I play it because DAoC Uthgard isn't out yet.

Pint
03-01-2015, 04:22 AM
I play bc I don't feel alive unless my jimmy's are rustled

Clark
03-01-2015, 04:28 AM
because it's fun. video games are fun. if you are playing a video game and you're not having fun, stop playing that video game. find something fun instead!

myriverse
03-01-2015, 08:55 AM
I just want to watch frogloks die
This is nearest and dearest to my heart.

Dac321
03-01-2015, 09:47 AM
I play because it's the only game that has nailed the combination of gaming and social media (IMO). I haven't seen a game to this day accomplish this...Even though most people troll these days, and are absolutely terrible to one another, it still adds a particular feeling that the world is alive.

That, and killing zombies in Unrest is badass.

maerilith
03-01-2015, 01:35 PM
So I liquidated my rogue, (I only got time to devote to 1 char at a time) and bought enough twink gear to make it to level 25 on my druid

lets seehow long my nostalgia immersion levels maintain now, got spring break coming up so that'll be kewl too

Tameth
03-01-2015, 01:38 PM

such an amazing gif

Danyelle
03-01-2015, 02:35 PM

Babyzilla has spoken

Kimm Bare|y
03-01-2015, 03:06 PM
everquest is last real sandbox

Nocsucow
03-01-2015, 03:10 PM
THE ONLY REASON I PLAY EQ ID for them alleged 16 sec nexona kills

maerilith
03-01-2015, 09:49 PM
p much agree with all u guyz, had some good fun tonight, gr8 guild chatter + gnolls died and people didn't even rage over spawns.... fun times actually, but I had to end the night early to supply baconators to my family.

Whirled
03-02-2015, 04:44 PM
http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/webdr03/2013/4/4/18/anigif_enhanced-buzz-966-1365114498-12.gif

cuz it's fun.../shrug

indiscriminate_hater
03-02-2015, 05:09 PM
http://i.imgur.com/7B7K223.png

indiscriminate_hater
03-02-2015, 05:11 PM
^ it's all about the small things in EQ. charming a mob that someone pulled and dragging it through the zone before you zone out. training griffons to the tunnel. telling people that camping the forager/hunter cycle is easy, or that the wurm scale coat mobs don't summon

Lyrith
03-02-2015, 05:54 PM

This is me 100%

maerilith
03-02-2015, 06:59 PM
I enjoy the griffons too :)

Zehrikrom
04-16-2015, 01:05 PM
I started playing to experience the times when not everything was a rush, where people bonded with their characters and other people through both happiness and hardship.

And then I get online and everything's min/max and numbers and iksar necro alts and sow pls.

Big_Japan
04-16-2015, 06:45 PM
^ it's all about the small things in EQ. charming a mob that someone pulled and dragging it through the zone before you zone out. training griffons to the tunnel. telling people that camping the forager/hunter cycle is easy, or that the wurm scale coat mobs don't summon

porting to wrong ring :cool: