PDA

View Full Version : Serendipity

Ashane
09-27-2010, 03:45 AM
i've been victim to some pretty underhanded moves by people on this server, but none more assholish than this druid bitch, Serendipity. i pay her a generous 50pp to port me to BB, she ports me to the wrong ring, then when i tell her why i need to go to BB, she chases after the very same spawn i came out there for (saw Bilge roaming Dagnor's on my alt).

i realize it's partially my fault for telling someone that a highly rare spawn is up, but assumed they wouldn't be a greedy asshole who pulled the biggest dick move i've seen on P99. fuck you Serendipshitty.

http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv96/Ashane/serendipshit.jpg

purist
09-27-2010, 03:51 AM
lol what a bitch!

Rogean
09-27-2010, 03:53 AM
It would display a message if they had looted anything, yes?

Ashane
09-27-2010, 03:58 AM
i wasn't in the zone when she first got there. got there mad quick somehow. that was around the time she was saying that he "disappeared" while i was still running, so i just assumed she already got him.

regardless if he despawned or not, it was still a dick move.

Slax
09-27-2010, 04:03 AM
Wow.. Take solace in the fact that what goes around comes around, and greedy motherfuckers will get theirs 10 fold. Pretty unbelievable that she would even say "SO RACING YOU".

What a fucking cunt.

Ronas
09-27-2010, 04:21 AM
Yah pretty dick move but should have been smarter, the way this server works is you gotta keep what you know to a minimal, that is why all raiding guild normally have /role /anon on so you cant track where they going or try to assume what they doing. In this case you basically gave away your mob.

YendorLootmonkey
09-27-2010, 05:39 AM
Serendipity let me loot Maid Issis for the fang when I had told her I had needed one and she had gotten to Issis first, both of us seeing her up on track -- I was stuck waiting for one of my guildies to zone into Mistmoore to share wolf form with me so we could get there to start clearing. So, basically gave up 400-500pp when she had no reason to do so.

oswald
09-27-2010, 05:44 AM
the fantastic 4 also attacks him if he roams by there. Always a possibility.

Bubbles
09-27-2010, 06:22 AM
the fantastic 4 also attacks him if he roams by there. Always a possibility.

likely what happened.

Omnimorph
09-27-2010, 07:14 AM
Well firstly it's pretty stupid to announce the spawn to someone. Secondly, yeah it is a pretty poor display from the Druid. Whether they got him or not is any ones guess...

Serendipity
09-27-2010, 10:35 AM
Luminette,

I am extremely regretful this has happened and again wish to exclaim that I was only teasing. I made a point to claim I was actually teasing you and indeed planned to give you the items. I would never actually do such but I recognize that while he did appear on my track in Dagnor's and disappeared before I could even track him and it looks extremly fishy. I did (and still do) offer the reed belt that I got an hour offer because while I am innocent, it certainly looks like a total bitch move. If you wish to take me up on this off, please let me know. :)

Serendipity
09-27-2010, 10:39 AM
Post 2:

Pardon for the double post. Your message also cuts off in group chat where I offered to give you the reed belt I got earlier. Glitch from Inglorious Bastards was in the zone when I announced I FINALLY found him after 40 levels of seeking him out. :)

Also, why would I even announce that I was going to kill him if I was going to? It would be FAR easier to just go anon, kill him, and nuke. I was simply in high spirits after getting Bilge and AC in less than an hour and had expressly said to you that I just wanted to give a bit of kindness (you caught me giving ports/buffs all around to lowbies who needed help when you asked me to port you) back to the EQ gods. Again though, I do understand the circumstances and I my offer to give you the reed belt stands. I don't really *need* and I am all for protecting my innocence! :)

Erasong
09-27-2010, 10:46 AM
2 sides to every story. im glad this seems cleared up.

Omnimorph
09-27-2010, 11:25 AM
I think the only way to settle this mattle is to split the reed belt in 2. Pass it to me... i shall do the splitting :D

Eyry
09-27-2010, 11:25 AM
Yippee! I love Rants and Flames when a matter is resolved!

Serendipity
09-27-2010, 11:30 AM
If you all prefer to keep the flames going, I can rescind my offer to give Luminetta a free reed belt. :) I think I can bear the unjust flames of the internet a little more.

Fawqueue
09-27-2010, 11:48 AM
My favorite part of this thread is that the OP thinks Bilge was their mob. As if upon spawning a private message was sent saying "I belong to you, come get my loots!". I understand the frustration in-part because people are greedy, especially on the internet, but there was no right to claim that anything had been taken or stolen from you in the first place. You weren't even in the zone. And even though Serendipity was kind enough to offer HER reed belt to clear up any confusion that would give her bad reputation, I hope she doesn't. I don't think giving up your loot should be the price of being kind and trying to show a sense of humor. Shame on you original poster for bringing your tantrum here.

azeth
09-27-2010, 11:55 AM
Rant & get Flamed Forum

Eyry
09-27-2010, 11:57 AM
^^ to the man in the hat

Savard18
09-27-2010, 12:09 PM
i've been victim to some pretty underhanded moves by people on this server, but none more assholish than this druid bitch, Serendipity.

Not sure what you have been doing, but people on p99 are not that bad, not even close to how bad they were on Live. Moral of the story is when you are doing stuff for yourself, don't trust anyone. You wouldn't tell someone you just met the AC is up in SRo and the zone is empty would you?

Read the part where she says she isn't going to be a bitch - she said she just got him and the AC, karma smiled on her. She also said she would let him loot it.

If she did kill it and looted it and took off, then you had a massive case to trash her, but that didn't happen.

I think this is a misunderstanding; Druid trying to joke around and the OP is a being a bit paranoid.

This is the biggest crime of all:

i pay her a generous 50pp to port me to BB

50pp for a port? On Live it was 10pp, and 20pp was a big donation. Not being cheap but its just mana. Because of this I have no idea what the going acceptable rate is for a port.

Eccentricaa
09-27-2010, 12:54 PM
(saw Bilge roaming Dagnor's on my alt).

Every time I see stuff such as this, it reinforces my belief that too many on this server are boxing soloable toons, are using showeq type program, and are what I hate about this server.

So, your 'alt'... was he actually hunting stuff in the zone, or simply sitting there letting you use show eq? Does he have the ability to track mobs, or was he simply sitting close enough to see him?

If you claim you were hunting, what were you killing in the area, that allowed you to see him up?

Is this 'alt' of yours on your 'wife's' account, or maybe it was 'your brother'

I highly doubt anyone would sit there on a character (that is not capable of killing said mob) to wait for said mob, if they were not boxing another toon elsewhere.

I see this every day, in countless zones. One afk guy, camping a spawn, who doesnt respond to tells for 10 mins. You see it in Guk, Wk ogres, Perma, Najena, Pyzjn, Befallen, just about everywhere there is some cash to be made (or plat).

Oh, now I know folks will respond with all their legitimate reasons for being afk, or all their justified excuses... Anything to hide the fact that they are indeed boxing soloable alts or using a show eq type program.

Yes, there are people who do only play one character at a time, that do need to afk here and there for what ever reasons, and that is ok. But doing so, there needs to be a risk of loosing their mob or camp.

In the old live rules, the first to hit got the mob. The boxing afk campers, dont have the same response as someone who was actively behind their character. The guys who were actually playing their characters, would get first hit most of the times.

Now, one last comment on your little flame... The first line, she said, porting to steamfont if you want a lift..... you got your port to steamfont. Then you bitched it wasnt butcher... I honestly dont think the druid did anything wrong.

Jaxon
09-27-2010, 12:57 PM
My experience with port fees:

Sometimes I feel like stating a price up front: 30p if they're anon or level 30 or higher. I've only had one person bargain with me, everyone else accepted.

Sometimes I let the fare decide how much they want to pay. There's a pretty wide variance.

Leave my Guk group momentarily to port 3 people out for "a lot of plat": 20p
Port a mid-level warrior from Tox to EC: 50p
Port a high-level warrior to EC AND give him a SOW pot cause he can't move for all the loot he's hauling: 15p
Run of the mill port to Nro: 20p
Run of the mill port to NK: nothing.
Bring 3 untwinked teenies from Gfay to Freeport and bind them: 6p
Port a high-level magician to NK when the server population is low: Stein of Moggok, which I equipped. Thanks!

Messianic
09-27-2010, 01:20 PM

Let's say you're camping something in...say, lguk or Najena. You know the spawn time, and it's approximately 25 minutes.

You kill the PH for the named and any relevant mobs for camping the named.

Do you go afk for 20 minutes and do something productive or do you sit there and stare at your computer screen the whole time? Likewise, if you see some 50 druid buffing/healing a lowbie, then sitting them for large periods of time, would you assume "well, that automatically means theyre boxing - OMG LOOK TWO PEOPLE AND ONE ISNT MOVING EVERY 15 SECONDS!"

If you see people who appear to be boxing, report it. The guides/GMs have their ways of knowing whether someone is 2boxing without the boxer even knowing that they're being watched, and regardless whether boxing or showeq is happening, you can let them make that discretion with facts instead of posting here about your assumption that the showeq/boxing boogeyman is ruining your EQ experience.

Serendipity
09-27-2010, 02:10 PM
Thank you very much for the support. :) I understand the circumstances are suspicious at best but I had nothing to do with the disappearance of Bilge. To be fair, she was asking for a port to BB for 50 plat and I was porting a lowbie to Steamfront, so I offered her a lift to come and tag along so she didn't have to pay that much money. But she did pay me, so BB it was!
Unfortunately, though, Bilge did poof. I suppose it just irks me that I was teasing and being nice and I am repaid with this due to circumstances. But if one sees that I ported her there, started it track it for her, and then when she arrived continued to look for it for ~10 minutes before she posted the "congrats on your PTK/reedbelt" and then immediately offered my own reed belt before she vanished without a trace, it is a horribly dumb crime considering how easy it would be to just disband while I was in BB, go Anon, nuke Bilge, and port out while she was none the wiser.
To be fair, though, I did set myself up though by proclaiming to take it when anyone or anything could have easily turned it against me. Lesson learned. :)

Fawqueue
09-27-2010, 02:28 PM
To be fair, though, I did set myself up though by proclaiming to take it when anyone or anything could have easily turned it against me. Lesson learned. :)

^^

I don't want to ever see you trying to be playful again! That's not allowed here, this is srs bsnss! ;)

Eccentricaa
09-27-2010, 02:50 PM
You know the spawn time is 25 mins, then your mobs shouldn't be sitting there when your afk.. You shouldn't complain to the guy who kills your unengaged mobs, while you sit there afk. If your going to claim a camp I think you should be there to defend it. If you wish to afk, that is fine, but if that mob pops, and your still afk, then you shouldnt be able to claim that camp. Classic eq, was first to hit, got the mob.. didnt matter how long you sat there afk, on some safe hillside, outside of the room, in some safe corner while you afk...

Deny the boxers all you wish, keep your blinders up and ignore them all you want. Make excuses for them, and yourself, if that makes you happy. Afterall, what is the point of playing a game, if your not going to play, but sit on one spot, afk 58 minutes out of each hour? Yes, they are doing something more productive with their other 58 minutes, playing other alts, camping other spawns, selling their wares in EC..

Some people are here to play a game. Not to build up a bank account, not to sell shit for real cash and not to cheat in order to get ahead. Some people, actually like to crawl through dungeons, like to challenge themselves in good game play. Some people refuse to be plvld, rezed, or twinked. There are some people who want 1999 because it is more challenging, than the live dumbed down versions.

Dantes
09-27-2010, 03:06 PM
http://paganmedia.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/its-a-conspiracy.jpg

Hildatoon
09-27-2010, 04:47 PM
Well I read through the group chat and on the 33rd group line down she told you she wanted to kill him but planned on letting you loot. You were also told she had planned on porting you for free when you brought up the 50 plat, so I don't see why there had ever been a misunderstanding.

HippoNipple
09-27-2010, 05:38 PM
You know the spawn time is 25 mins, then your mobs shouldn't be sitting there when your afk.. You shouldn't complain to the guy who kills your unengaged mobs, while you sit there afk. If your going to claim a camp I think you should be there to defend it. If you wish to afk, that is fine, but if that mob pops, and your still afk, then you shouldnt be able to claim that camp. Classic eq, was first to hit, got the mob.. didnt matter how long you sat there afk, on some safe hillside, outside of the room, in some safe corner while you afk...

Deny the boxers all you wish, keep your blinders up and ignore them all you want. Make excuses for them, and yourself, if that makes you happy. Afterall, what is the point of playing a game, if your not going to play, but sit on one spot, afk 58 minutes out of each hour? Yes, they are doing something more productive with their other 58 minutes, playing other alts, camping other spawns, selling their wares in EC..

Some people are here to play a game. Not to build up a bank account, not to sell shit for real cash and not to cheat in order to get ahead. Some people, actually like to crawl through dungeons, like to challenge themselves in good game play. Some people refuse to be plvld, rezed, or twinked. There are some people who want 1999 because it is more challenging, than the live dumbed down versions.

If you are afk when something pops then you do lose the camp, so your rant is terrible. The rules just say you have to give them a reasonable amount of time, maybe send them a quick /t and see if they are around. If they don't engage then you can take over the camp.

If someone was sitting at a mob, you message them, if 30 seconds go by with no action taken then you are free to engage. I don't think anyone would be against you taking over and you should have a strong case if the guy tried to get you in trouble with a gm.

As for you saying boxers are the ones afk.. thats dumb. Anyone that is camping something with a long timer is most likely afk during some point of it. Whether or not you are afk watching a movie, or a boxer like you mentioned. In either case if they are competent at camping in any way they will know when the spawn is coming and be active when it pops.

nalkin
09-27-2010, 05:56 PM
I don't even see how this was misconstrued at all, Serendipity was obviously joking. Especially after she said: "Karma blessed me, im not gonna be a bitch after that."

ITT: A person boxing or using showeq getting mad at a druid offering a free port, free tracking, and telling jokes.

fishingme
09-27-2010, 06:04 PM
My favorite part of this thread is that the OP thinks Bilge was their mob. As if upon spawning a private message was sent saying "I belong to you, come get my loots!". I understand the frustration in-part because people are greedy, especially on the internet, but there was no right to claim that anything had been taken or stolen from you in the first place. You weren't even in the zone. And even though Serendipity was kind enough to offer HER reed belt to clear up any confusion that would give her bad reputation, I hope she doesn't. I don't think giving up your loot should be the price of being kind and trying to show a sense of humor. Shame on you original poster for bringing your tantrum here.

It's a courtesy thing, the EXACT same as camps if you look at it correctly. Say I come into whatever your camping and i outdps the hell out of you and steal all your mobs/named without actually KSing, whatcha gonna do then? OP had said he was going for the mob, and serendipity had no clue that the mob was even up and wanted to kill mob.

Fawqueue
09-27-2010, 07:50 PM
It's a courtesy thing, the EXACT same as camps if you look at it correctly. Say I come into whatever your camping and i outdps the hell out of you and steal all your mobs/named without actually KSing, whatcha gonna do then? OP had said he was going for the mob, and serendipity had no clue that the mob was even up and wanted to kill mob.

No, it's quite different. Proclaiming an attempt to kill a mob gives you no camp-like ownership of it in any way. Especially a mob that is not stationary, and wouldn't be subject traditional camp-related rules even if BOTH Serendipity and the OP were in the zone hunting for him. In this instance, the OP had nothing but a want to kill Bilge. A greedy, selfish, supspiciously-accurate-that-bilge-had-spawned-so-either-using-two-boxing-or-a-mod-want. Would we be having this argument if someone else just came into the zone and killed Bilge while the OP was porting around? No. And I'll bet that anyone reading this thread would run like hell if frenzy was up and the camp open, and no amount of "/ooc I claim frenzy mememe!!" would give you a right to it. First there, first to kill, that's who gets it. The only take-away from this thread is that if you WANT to kill something but are NOT in a position to do so...keep your mouth shut and /pray that you get there before anyone else.

YendorLootmonkey
09-27-2010, 07:53 PM
Hey, Naggy is up. My guild wants to kill him. Please don't beat me to him and kill him first, that's a dick move!@#

fishingme
09-27-2010, 08:28 PM
No, it's quite different. Proclaiming an attempt to kill a mob gives you no camp-like ownership of it in any way. Especially a mob that is not stationary, and wouldn't be subject traditional camp-related rules even if BOTH Serendipity and the OP were in the zone hunting for him. In this instance, the OP had nothing but a want to kill Bilge. A greedy, selfish, supspiciously-accurate-that-bilge-had-spawned-so-either-using-two-boxing-or-a-mod-want. Would we be having this argument if someone else just came into the zone and killed Bilge while the OP was porting around? No. And I'll bet that anyone reading this thread would run like hell if frenzy was up and the camp open, and no amount of "/ooc I claim frenzy mememe!!" would give you a right to it. First there, first to kill, that's who gets it. The only take-away from this thread is that if you WANT to kill something but are NOT in a position to do so...keep your mouth shut and /pray that you get there before anyone else.

No, I'm not comparing them exactly other than both are a courtesy type of thing. Plain and simple, serendipity didn't know bilge was up but the OP did, he said that he was going to Bilge because he was up(admittedly really stupid decision on his part) and then serendipity went after the mob too with no prior knowledge that the mob was up. It's a courtesy thing man, seren shouldn't of even said anything about the mob or even tried to go after it.

nalkin
09-27-2010, 08:47 PM
and then serendipity went after the mob too with no prior knowledge that the mob was up. It's a courtesy thing man, seren shouldn't of even said anything about the mob or even tried to go after it.

Except she didn't go after it.

fishingme
09-27-2010, 08:48 PM
Except she didn't go after it.

screen shot says she saw him on track- her words

nalkin
09-27-2010, 08:51 PM
screen shot says she saw him on track- her words

ok I was wrong. She went to help him, there.

fishingme
09-27-2010, 08:56 PM
ok I was wrong. She went to help him, there.

all he needed help with is getting a port, he never 'asked' for help with the mob. Along with the "Just killed him 45m ago" and "So racing you" just instigated it even farther. Not to mention, there was absolutely no FORMAL "I'll help you with the mob" question.

Serendipity
09-27-2010, 08:56 PM
To be fair I check DC every time I port someone to BB out of habit, but yes I went in reality to help the shaman track Bilge down because he is a pain. :)

Seaweedpimp
09-27-2010, 09:08 PM
To be fair I check DC every time I port someone to BB out of habit, but yes I went in reality to help the shaman track Bilge down because he is a pain. :)

I dont like you.

The op isnt fully in the right here, but you sound like a bitch =(

nalkin
09-27-2010, 09:19 PM
all he needed help with is getting a port, he never 'asked' for help with the mob. Along with the "Just killed him 45m ago" and "So racing you" just instigated it even farther. Not to mention, there was absolutely no FORMAL "I'll help you with the mob" question.

Guess you have never heard of a joke before... I guess you also didn't read where she said "No, I wouldn't do that/be a bitch like that." Shesh must be really boring to play with people without any humor. You guys all serious when you play like sweating and pooping in socks and stuff or what? Cause usually I sit back with some shrimp cocktail and a glass of applejuice and relax.

I also think you guys aren't high level/ don't understand this game or something. Its not uncommon for people to help other people kill things and let them have the loot. Plenty of people have helped me kill Cauldronbubble and then let me have the loot afterwards since I was camping him.

nalkin
09-27-2010, 09:22 PM
dayum I think this is the first time i have defended someone on the forums

fishingme
09-27-2010, 09:36 PM
Guess you have never heard of a joke before... I guess you also didn't read where she said "No, I wouldn't do that/be a bitch like that." Shesh must be really boring to play with people without any humor. You guys all serious when you play like sweating and pooping in socks and stuff or what? Cause usually I sit back with some shrimp cocktail and a glass of applejuice and relax.

I also think you guys aren't high level/ don't understand this game or something. Its not uncommon for people to help other people kill things and let them have the loot. Plenty of people have helped me kill Cauldronbubble and then let me have the loot afterwards since I was camping him.

I suppose you've never heard of a lie before? Also no, I got a great sense of humor, it's just seren should of offered to help instead of putting it like a competition to get the mob as she did.

Ronas
09-27-2010, 10:07 PM
This is the thing, most people would only see the :

1. Racing you to the mob
2. Are you srsly? Srsly

Any statement after that would not be recongised because they already selected the part they saw to be WTF. Then in your mind you already think "this dude screwed me". NO I CAN NOT TAKE A JOKE SRSLY

YendorLootmonkey
09-27-2010, 10:43 PM
Seriously guys, all you're doing is playing judge, jury, and executioner based on your own pure speculation. Here are the facts from the screenshot:

You tell your party, "You gonna do me like that?"
Serendipity tells the group, "No, Karma just blessed me like a saint"
Serendipity tells the group, "I got AC and reed belt in less than an hour"
Serendipity tells the group, "I'm not gonna be a bitch after that."

She straight up tells the OP that no, she's not going to "do [him] like that", despite the fact the OP F'd up and mentioned Bilge being up. Probably shows everyone his pocket cards before the betting starts while playing poker, too. She then proceeds to tell him that she's going to help him track and kill Bilge and let him loot. Just like she killed Maid Issis for me in Mistmoore and let me loot. So as far as I'm concerned, her helpful attitude is par for the course.

Assuming that she would do anything otherwise is pure speculation on your part. Wouldn't it make MORE sense, if she intended to use the knowledge that Bilge was up, for her to wish you luck, disbanded the group, ran off, anon'd, camo'd herself, and used track to beat you to the spawn without a single word. Unless you were using ShowEQ, being a shaman, you would have never known the difference because she would have found Bilge before you, drug him off to God knows where in DC, and you would have never known other than if you did a /who and saw her name pop up... even then you would still be speculating why she was there.

Or, why even give you the play-by-play when she was in DC? She was trying to re-assure you of her intentions. She could have just as easily told you "I don't see him on track, you sure he was up?" while she was busy beating his ass, and again, you would have never known any different.

But she didn't... she clearly stated her intentions to you, and then she got fucked because the Fantastic 4 (or heaven forbid some other druid noticed Bilge was up in the time it took for you to get your port and for her to get there) most likely killed him off. Further compounding the issue, she had told you playfully (as with anyone with a sense of humor can tell) "SO GONNA RACE YOU!!" What a slap in the vag for Serendipity... here she was honestly trying to hook you up and it completely backfired on her and made her look like she ganked the spawn on you. That'll be the last time she hooks anyone up or tries to be silly.

And yes, I suppose this is all speculation on my part too, but the difference is I'm basing mine on the limited interaction I have had with her in the past, whereas you have had no prior interaction with her to base your speculation on. Like I said above... she didn't have to let me loot the Maid fang. She got to the spawn first, it was rightfully hers. She gave the fang to me because she is nice. Not the bitch everyone is for some reason trying to make her out to be.

I'm with Nalkin on this. From what I've seen, she's cool. This whole situation backfired on her. The rest of you, have fun with your witch-hunt.

RKromwell
09-27-2010, 10:43 PM
Hey, Naggy is up. My guild wants to kill him. Please don't beat me to him and kill him first, that's a dick move!@#

Dibs on CoF.

:p

nalkin
09-27-2010, 10:48 PM
I suppose you've never heard of a lie before? Also no, I got a great sense of humor, it's just seren should of offered to help instead of putting it like a competition to get the mob as she did.

Lol at arbitrarily choosing which sentences she says are lies. If she was going to "steal" it, even though you can't camp it (but would have been douchey), I think she would have not said anything and disbanded from group. No more sarcasm in EQ plz people can't handle it obv.

Daldaen
09-28-2010, 12:11 AM
How can one claim Bilge's spawn. It is a zonewide spawn, it is my understanding you can't camp that shit. I've had 2 Bilge spawns ganked from me by other druids, even after I snared them (first to aggro both times) and proceeded to DoT them (this was before I knew he only had like 600 health). I didn't bitch, because, its fair game... I mean, yea it sucked, but the mob spawns randomly from about 5ish PHers in the zone. I had no claim to that mob nor did the other druid, whoever kills first wins imo.

All of them path through the fantastic four so often times he does get killed and his corpse poofs, as horrible as it sounds :( .

Regardless if I had been there for 5 minutes (which has happened $$) or 5 hours (again also happened), the mob is fair game to anyone who kills him.

Omnimorph
09-28-2010, 06:11 AM
Bilge is srs business, no jokes should be made.

Evalina
09-28-2010, 10:34 AM
Just to clear Serendipity's name here, she jokes around alot and has the best heart. She is the first person to help people out and will give you the armor off her back (so to speak) for a friend.

As for porting fees..50 plat is a nice donation:) When I port people for donations, sometimes I get very lucky and get around 10-200pp. I never would "Charge" for any mana use, but some people are just very generous like that.

Messianic
09-28-2010, 11:22 AM
Just to clear Serendipity's name here, she jokes around alot and has the best heart. She is the first person to help people out and will give you the armor off her back (so to speak) for a friend.

As for porting fees..50 plat is a nice donation:) When I port people for donations, sometimes I get very lucky and get around 10-200pp. I never would "Charge" for any mana use, but some people are just very generous like that.

You sowed me last night. I appreciate that :D

I fully accept if people choose to charge for something that only costs mana - mana does = time...It's great when they don't, but not out of line to ask...

Savard18
09-28-2010, 12:06 PM
I fully accept if people choose to charge for something that only costs mana - mana does = time...It's great when they don't, but not out of line to ask...

Derailing Thread:

When I said that 50pp was a crime - I was partly joking.

I always donate at the minimum 10pp, special favors like picking me up in a zone and dropping me off somewhere else deserves a good amount more, but a 1 way port to BB seems crazy to charge 20pp. Maybe it is because I am a cleric and don’t have a ton of money.

My point was: is 10pp being cheap for a non CR port? I am only going based on how it was on Live on my old server – Torvonnilous, but 10pp was the going rate until PoP. Obviously it is impossible to put an exact price on ports and have everyone follow that, plus that is not really what I am after and I don't care - I just want to make sure I’m not known as a cheap ass. Ha.

But this is a better topic than the actual post, some guy yelling at some chick for not really doing anything, only saying she was going to do it.

Messianic
09-28-2010, 12:15 PM
Derailing Thread:

When I said that 50pp was a crime - I was partly joking.

I always donate at the minimum 10pp, special favors like picking me up in a zone and dropping me off somewhere else deserves a good amount more, but a 1 way port to BB seems crazy to charge 20pp. Maybe it is because I am a cleric and don’t have a ton of money.

My point was: is 10pp being cheap for a non CR port? I am only going based on how it was on Live on my old server – Torvonnilous, but 10pp was the going rate until PoP. Obviously it is impossible to put an exact price on ports and have everyone follow that, plus that is not really what I am after and I don't care - I just want to make sure I’m not known as a cheap ass. Ha.

But this is a better topic than the actual post, some guy yelling at some chick for not really doing anything, only saying she was going to do it.

Oh I agree with you entirely: i do consider 10p for a port kind of cheap. Ports are a big chunk of mana at lower levels (when you first get them), and for 10p, a level 45+ wizard or druid could simply spend approximately 6 minutes in OOT on seafuries or go kill a halfling guard (although druids probably wouldn't want to kill a halfling guard...).

Of course, ability to pay is relative, so most people understand that. Ports aren't a good way to make money overall...

Evalina
09-28-2010, 02:41 PM
You sowed me last night. I appreciate that :D

Your welcome:))

Oh and 10 plat is fine for a port..however, coming from a level 40 plus..just means they are being cheap LOL. I turn down anything less than 10 because it means they need it more than I do!!

Messianic
09-28-2010, 03:33 PM

Oh and 10 plat is fine for a port..however, coming from a level 40 plus..just means they are being cheap LOL. I turn down anything less than 10 because it means they need it more than I do!!

Next time you port/sow me i'm giving you 10p 1c

Daldaen
09-28-2010, 03:39 PM

Most druids pre level 40 will have under 200 wisdom, and therefore have less than 1,500 mana.

When you are asking for a pickup port, we have to spend 150 mana to port to you, 300 to port you to where you want to go, then 150 mana or 70 if we are bound... somewhere that we would like to be after doing this favor for you.

As you can see it adds up quick, that mana is another 5min of our time to regen. A 40 druid can kill a hill giant in that time and get around 30-40plat + exp, so if you aren't donating at least that much for a pickup port, imo its too little.

CR and low levels are exceptions, however I refuse to port low levels to certain destinations for personal reasons. A level 2 Half Elf trying to get to EC so that they can just bitch and moan about not getting regen/DS from every high level toon in EC tunnel, I would prefer stay in Qeynos!

William_Munny15
09-30-2010, 02:27 AM
anything under 20 is bullshit. Especially if you send me a tell across continent to come pick you up, drop u off somewhere, then gate back and run to where i was at. I don't even bother with anyone who says "for donation." NO I don't need your 10 or 15 pp, that's why if im ever auctioning ports, I say a price of 25pp, no more no less, it kinda sucks if someone was going to pay more, but it keeps the people who stiff you for ports from sending you the imfamous "can u come and pick up up in Toxx and port me to NK, ill donate"