09-24-2010, 06:58 PM
We can still drink though, right?

Shannacore
09-24-2010, 06:59 PM

Yes.

Dantes
09-24-2010, 07:00 PM
Maybe they sucked at the game before they were stoned?

Lazortag
09-24-2010, 07:07 PM

This reminds me - playing with Yiblaan when he's drunk is like torture. The other day he went AFK for like 20 minutes after he passed out and so I trained him with two tentacle terrors while he was meditating. They almost killed him too but he came back just in time :(

jerkstore
09-24-2010, 07:13 PM
this message brought to you by a weird-ass country

Hasbinbad
09-24-2010, 07:15 PM
YOU FUCKING SUCK AT THIS GAME WHEN YOU'RE STONED, STOP IT
You fucking suck at this game when you're sober, but you don't see little bitches coming to RnF whining about YOU!!

Smoke a bowl and calm down.

Slade_the_Slide
09-24-2010, 07:57 PM
When your stoned, it don't matter. You almost enjoy seeing how fucked up your character can die.

Neno
09-24-2010, 08:09 PM

ははははははは

Shaun421
09-24-2010, 08:11 PM
I suddenly have an urge to smoke a bowl and log in. Thanks man

Ridic
09-24-2010, 08:13 PM

I agree completely. Potheads piss me off.

Eccentricaa
09-24-2010, 09:06 PM
Just imagine Peace Pipes raids..

Delayed reaction from everyone... CHeals being cast 10 seconds too late.. 20 mins to pull one mob.. afk every other mob to pack a bowl or grab another snack.. Casters casting useless stuff for no reason other than to look at the sparkles..

Shrubwise
09-24-2010, 09:07 PM

Delayed reaction from everyone... CHeals being cast 10 seconds too late.. 20 mins to pull one mob.. afk every other mob to pack a bowl or grab another snack.. Casters casting useless stuff for no reason other than to look at the sparkles..

Sounds like fun. I'll take that any day over poopsocking :cool:

Bodeanicus
09-24-2010, 09:12 PM

Sounds like half the groups I've been in since I started playing on this server almost a year ago.

Eccentricaa
09-24-2010, 09:23 PM
Sounds like half the groups I've been in since I started playing on this server almost a year ago.

Thats why I dont do pick up groups.. I either group with guild members, or I solo.. Our guild groups are pretty solid, so we might invite one or two outsiders to fill out the group, but we are quick to boot the slackers. I dont mind the folks who simply do not know how to play, as long as they are willing to learn and are listening to instructions. They at least try.. But the exp sponges, semi afk boxers, and the super twinks who dont care well... They deserve to be LFG for hours..

AexDestroy
09-24-2010, 09:26 PM
http://www.photobombing.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/stoner_dog_celebrates.jpg

Lucrio40
09-24-2010, 09:47 PM
I find it more annoying how they feel the need to announce it to the world as if it somehow makes them cool. I frankly don't care if you're high or not, I don't care how great weed is for you health wise, I don't care how weed is so fucking awesome it can make me fly, turn coke to pepsi, and bring back M*A*S*H*.

Bodeanicus
09-24-2010, 10:03 PM
I find it more annoying how they feel the need to announce it to the world as if it somehow makes them cool. I frankly don't care if you're high or not, I don't care how great weed is for you health wise, I don't care how weed is so fucking awesome it can make me fly, turn coke to pepsi, and bring back M*A*S*H*.

Ahha, bring back M*A*S*H*, I like that.

regatta
09-24-2010, 10:18 PM
I almost guarantee the only people who are talking shit about being stoned and playing are the people who do not even smoke pot or have never even tried.

Estu
09-24-2010, 10:33 PM
This reminds me - playing with Yiblaan when he's drunk is like torture. The other day he went AFK for like 20 minutes after he passed out and so I trained him with two tentacle terrors while he was meditating. They almost killed him too but he came back just in time :(

I love this. What better way to treat your guild leader?

Eccentricaa
09-24-2010, 10:55 PM
I almost guarantee the only people who are talking shit about being stoned and playing are the people who do not even smoke pot or have never even tried.

Not true.. I just grew out of it 20 years ago..

Bodeanicus
09-24-2010, 11:36 PM

Exactly.

Shannacore
09-24-2010, 11:55 PM

Ahahah, Yiblaan when he's drunk + EQ never ends well for any party involved. Yay Yiblaan!

Crover_CT99
09-24-2010, 11:56 PM

Don't take yourself to seriously. I'm sure you have a vice.

aggresor223
09-25-2010, 01:42 AM
lol japan...would you like me to hit the tin foil instead? shut the fuck up and eat some tainted blow fish =D

aggresor223
09-25-2010, 01:47 AM
I agree completely. Potheads piss me off.
So do right wing liberals who think marijuana does anything but benefit a person. There are worse things you should be worried about, how about the meth head that is going to break in to your house and steal your copper wan cables. or the heroin addict who will kill you for the change in your pocket? Get real bud, smokin some ganja won't effect a good players ways. If they were bad players stoned, 98% chance they suck sober so get over your self and go read the bible or something :mad::D

Fawqueue
09-25-2010, 01:55 AM
So do right wing liberals who think marijuana does anything but benefit a person. There are worse things you should be worried about, how about the meth head that is going to break in to your house and steal your copper wan cables. or the heroin addict who will kill you for the change in your pocket? Get real bud, smokin some ganja won't effect a good players ways. If they were bad players stoned, 98% chance they suck sober so get over your self and go read the bible or something :mad::D

This argument is invalid. That's like saying "You shouldn't deem the guy who mugs you bad, because there are those out there that would murder your wife, violate your household pet, and sell your children as slave labor in an asian sweatshop". Weed is less severe sure, but unless you're writing lame ass indie rock songs or involved a hot-dog eating contest, you are better off at most general tasks sober rather than high.

Japan
09-25-2010, 02:08 AM
just kidding guys, i only play this game stoned

Sigmastorm
09-25-2010, 02:12 AM
In the meanwhile your 13 year old drunk ass daughter is getting raped.

yaaaflow
09-25-2010, 02:17 AM
This argument is invalid. That's like saying "You shouldn't deem the guy who mugs you bad, because there are those out there that would murder your wife, violate your household pet, and sell your children as slave labor in an asian sweatshop". Weed is less severe sure, but unless you're writing lame ass indie rock songs or involved a hot-dog eating contest, you are better off at most general tasks sober rather than high.

One of the worst analogies ever

William_Munny15
09-25-2010, 02:22 AM
Yeah fawqueue that was pretty bad i must say. I'm telling you, alot of people are better at video games high and to some extent drunk, and not to mention the game is alot more fun for ME that way, who gives a fuck if YOU think I'm doing bad because I'm high, because as a few others have said, if they suck high, they more than likely suck sober.

Eccentricaa
09-25-2010, 12:12 PM
Just because I choose not to do something myself and just because I choose not to associate with those who do use, does not mean that I am not against its illegal status.

People should have the right to do what ever they wish in their own homes.
Alcohol is a much more dangerous drug. Increased aggression, depression, emotional instability, as well as being a cause of other chemical imbalances in the brain. Toss in birth defects and drunk driving accidents and you have a legal drug that affects many more than the user.

Weed on the other hand, makes you too fucking lazy to beat your wife. It makes you not want to go anywhere, leaving the streets much safer. You stay happy in your own little world.

Maybe after the kids move out, and the pains of old age start creeping up on me, I might smoke it again. But not now, not when your old enough to realize that life is speeding by. When you still have time to do something in your life. When you have family that relies upon you. I simply will not do anything that would jeopardize my children.

quellren
09-25-2010, 12:24 PM
I think they should legalize it, tax it like tobacco, regulate it like alcohol.
It would reduce domestic crime, free up police for more important police work, create a whole new industry (alot of jobs), help reduce Nat'l debt (via taxes) cripple the drug importation cartels and free up thousands of jail cells.

And it's less harmful to your body than either cigs/cigars or alcohol.

quido
09-25-2010, 12:27 PM
I play this game better when high. Period.

I've been trying to form a guild in the image of <Peace Pipe> called <Dragon Chasers> for people who like smoking heroin.

Japan
09-25-2010, 02:23 PM
<Dragon Chasers> for people who like smoking heroin.

will join.

G13
09-25-2010, 02:29 PM
When I snipe in TF2 high I'm unstoppable

gruumsh
09-25-2010, 02:32 PM
Lol EQ was a game that was designed to be played high. How else can you make a 8 hour camp/grind fun?

quellren
09-25-2010, 03:15 PM
Lol EQ was a game that was designed to be played high. How else can you make a 8 hour camp/grind fun?

/thread.

You simply cannot argue with that.

Daliant17447
09-25-2010, 04:59 PM
The secret is out Japan (http://www.takepart.com/thecove)

Japan
09-25-2010, 07:23 PM
<Dolphin Chasers>

magic
09-25-2010, 07:39 PM
The sad part about your post is that I rarely ever smoke weed, but when I do, I'm still better than 99.9% of the people that play on this emu.

Slade_the_Slide
09-25-2010, 07:59 PM
ははははははは

なぜ笑っているだろう?:confused:

Bubbles
09-26-2010, 01:55 AM
/thread.

You simply cannot argue with that.

Amen. I'd much rather be grinding XP or camping lewtz for 8 hours with someone who's stoned than someone on their 5th Rockstar... AINEC.

Kambris
09-26-2010, 07:55 PM

This analogy is so idiotic that it sickens me.

I don't understand how people are still so opposed to cannabis to this day. Really people? Do you not see all the good in this plant? Why the hell are you all so angry at pot-smokers? What did we do to you? Are we really criminals? Have you even smoked pot before, responsibly?

Arguing over the dangers of cannabis is like arguing over the dangers of sitting on a bench. It's about as logical as creationism.

Bones
09-26-2010, 08:03 PM
Cuz der terkin ar jerbs!

Oh wait, people who smoke weed don't have jobs, right?

Ridic
09-26-2010, 08:39 PM
Cuz der terkin ar jerbs!

There job is to smoke weed. duh.

Bodeanicus
09-26-2010, 10:11 PM
This analogy is so idiotic that it sickens me.

I don't understand how people are still so opposed to cannabis to this day. Really people? Do you not see all the good in this plant? Why the hell are you all so angry at pot-smokers? What did we do to you? Are we really criminals? Have you even smoked pot before, responsibly?

Arguing over the dangers of cannabis is like arguing over the dangers of sitting on a bench. It's about as logical as creationism.

I don't care, in general. Smoke it, eat it, stuff it up your ass. What I do care about is some high dumbass fucking up pulls and getting groups wiped 2 or 3 times. "Whoa, my bad, mmmaaannnn....."

Bubbles
09-26-2010, 10:13 PM
Cuz der terkin ar jerbs!

Get back in the pile!

fishingme
09-26-2010, 10:26 PM
I don't care, in general. Smoke it, eat it, stuff it up your ass. What I do care about is some high dumbass fucking up pulls and getting groups wiped 2 or 3 times. "Whoa, my bad, mmmaaannnn....."

I think doing this to you in the future is going to be a blast, thanks man

Koota
09-26-2010, 10:55 PM
There job is to smoke weed. duh.

*cringe*

Japan
09-26-2010, 11:06 PM
http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/7444/thatsthejoke.jpg

Ridic
09-26-2010, 11:07 PM
*cringe*

You correct my grammar.. on a thread about potheads?... dunno who should get flamed, me or you.

fishingme
09-27-2010, 02:05 AM
You correct my grammar.. on a thread about potheads?... dunno who should get flamed, me or you.

I say we try to flame me.

Bodeanicus
09-27-2010, 05:18 AM
I think doing this to you in the future is going to be a blast, thanks man

Aw, man, did I just accidentally kick you? That's a bummer. Hold on while I pack a bowl, go get something to eat, and take a nap. You can wait.

Waedawen
09-27-2010, 07:12 PM
hurr durr why u guise smoking pot and playing vidyagames

smoking pot is for teh chillrens

--Playing videogames is for children, dumbass. And you're the first one to announce they give a fuck about what the other person is doing in real life. The only problem is you causing a problem, don't be such a "stuck up" fuck, even though there is nothing to be stuck up about.

Slade_the_Slide
09-27-2010, 07:54 PM
I think people here need to chill. On one hand, smoking weed is just like drinking alcohol in the sense of it can be used to have a good time, and is otherwise harmless. But in excess and abuse it can cause tons of issues and be quite dangerous. If you're responsible with it, then there's no issue. It's not a maturity thing. I know several folks over 60 who are eager for it to be legalized.

If you're playing EQ while high OR drunk, well, that's your fault if something fucked up happens to you or your group. Blame the person who can't handle their recreation and have it affect others.

That being said. Light it up.

Seaweedpimp
09-27-2010, 08:08 PM
I wish i could name one ONE thing ive done wrong or stupid in the times of strolling through jeebtown.

I can spill shit all day about my fuck ups on other drugs.

Japan
09-27-2010, 10:26 PM
can't we all just get a bong

quido
09-27-2010, 10:51 PM
I just got stoned and learned Portuguese in twenty minutes like John Travolta.

Os senhores deputados săo idiotas.

Bojangles
09-28-2010, 03:41 AM
"Brah, i gotta go smoke a bowl, brb dude" = "mom just told me to come in the kitchen for a PBJ and juicy-juice but I want to look cool so I'll pretend I do drugs."

BTW, pot is dangerous. Most of the studies that say it is not dangerous were from the 60's and often done by "researchers" with an axe to grind. Furthermore, it should be remembered that pot in the 60's is not the same as pot nowadays; selective breeding + massively more scientific growing methods have greatly increased the concentration of THC.

There are many sources which show the dangers of smoking pot, just look for them.
A basic resource here:
http://alcoholism.about.com/od/pot/a/effects.-Lya.htm
highlights:
"Because of the lower blood pressure and higher heart rate, researchers found that users' risk for a heart attack is four times higher within the first hour after smoking marijuana"

"Scientists have found that regular marijuana smokers can experience the same respiratory problems as tobacco smokers do"

"Marijuana contains more carcinogenic hydrocarbons than tobacco smoke and because marijuana smokers typically inhale deeper and hold the smoke in their lungs longer than tobacco smokers, their lungs are exposed to those carcinogenic properties longer, when smoking."

"Research indicates that THC impairs the body's immune system from fighting disease, which can cause a wide variety of health problems. One study found that marijuana actually inhibited the disease-preventing actions of key immune cells. Another study found that THC increased the risk of developing bacterial infections and tumors."

"Several studies have found that children born to mothers who used marijuana during pregnancy exhibit some problems with neurological development."

If you would like some of the actual research, check out the references included with this entry:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Effects_of_cannabis

korrowan
09-28-2010, 08:29 AM
Don't take yourself to seriously. I'm sure you have a vice.

My vice is working out... terrible thing.

Henini
09-28-2010, 08:53 AM
well working out is hard on your body and can damage joints and what not!!! stop doing it!

HippoNipple
09-28-2010, 10:33 AM
Smoking pot is fine - people who are against it need to chill out. You can still function well enough to play EQ high. The ones that annoy you while they are high.. would annoy you when they aren't high too.

The majority of people who get high are pathetic losers, there are still chill and successful people that get high.

People who smoke and brag about it are annoying little pricks.

People who claim it makes them better at things... shouldn't be bragging because that means you fucking suck at life. You would have to have some serious mental condition to not be able to concentrate sober. Being stoned dumbs you down and makes you react slower. Maybe if you are half retarded and your mind wonders when you are sober being high could limit you to only be able to think about 1 thing at a time... but that just means you are stupid.

Shrubwise
09-28-2010, 10:48 AM
Smoking pot is fine - people who are against it need to chill out.

People who claim it makes them better at things... shouldn't be bragging because that means you fucking suck at life.

Omnimorph
09-28-2010, 10:54 AM
What hippo said rings fairly true. I don't care if you're smoking pot, it's the people who tell their group "AFK GUYS!! PACKING ANOTHER BOWL!!! LOL I'M SO STONED!!"

Seriously though... You guys are too cool.

Messianic
09-28-2010, 11:12 AM
You guys talking about Zords?

hedbonker
09-28-2010, 12:33 PM
I like pie.

Messianic
09-28-2010, 12:42 PM
I like pie.

McDonalds now sells cherry pies

hedbonker
09-28-2010, 01:04 PM
Actually, they have had cherry pie since the 70s.

McDonald's pies are actually turnovers and come in a choice of apple, cherry and other seasonal or limited-time-only flavors such as pumpkin pie and haupia pie in Hawaii. In Canada, in the 1970s, blueberry was standard, as was the Great Fruit Pie. During some seasonal promotions, cherry and strawberry are an available pie flavor in Canada. Currently McDonald's is selling raspberry pies, for a limited time. In Thailand and Guam, Taro pie is featured occasionally. Other regional flavors include Coconut, Holiday, and Tuna (all in Guam as limited-time), and Corn in Japan. In Mexico, cheese pie is available all year round.

Ref: Wikipedia

korrowan
09-28-2010, 01:25 PM

McDonald's pies are actually turnovers and come in a choice of apple, cherry and other seasonal or limited-time-only flavors such as pumpkin pie and haupia pie in Hawaii. In Canada, in the 1970s, blueberry was standard, as was the Great Fruit Pie. During some seasonal promotions, cherry and strawberry are an available pie flavor in Canada. Currently McDonald's is selling raspberry pies, for a limited time. In Thailand and Guam, Taro pie is featured occasionally. Other regional flavors include Coconut, Holiday, and Tuna (all in Guam as limited-time), and Corn in Japan. In Mexico, cheese pie is available all year round.

People eat at that shithole? Bad nasty food is bad nasty.

hedbonker
09-28-2010, 01:33 PM
People eat at that shithole? Bad nasty food is bad nasty.

That would be a yes:

Name: McDonald’s
2008 Revenue: $ 23,522 million
2008 Profit: $ 4,313 million

korrowan
09-28-2010, 01:41 PM
That would be a yes:

Name: McDonald’s
2008 Revenue: $ 23,522 million
2008 Profit: $ 4,313 million

Hence all the fatties roaming around =/.

Seaweedpimp
09-28-2010, 01:56 PM
Too bad a mcdonalds SALAD is worse for you than smoking a bit of pot everyday.

korrowan
09-28-2010, 01:58 PM
Too bad a mcdonalds SALAD is worse for you than smoking a bit of pot everyday.

Can you explain me wtf seaweedpimp means? I would like it to be around 200 words in 5 paragraph format and it best be indented properly.

Ezalor
09-28-2010, 01:59 PM
The fuck kind of noob would call a McNugget "bad nasty?"

Seaweedpimp
09-28-2010, 02:00 PM
Can you explain me wtf seaweedpimp means? I would like it to be around 200 words in 5 paragraph format and it best be indented properly.

No.

hedbonker
09-28-2010, 02:15 PM
The fuck kind of noob would call a McNugget "bad nasty?"

What part of the chicken is the nugget?

korrowan
09-28-2010, 02:25 PM

If I wanted corn I would just eat it. NO reason to get it from a chicken fattened up on it and breading made of it and then tossed into oil that fries it.

Messianic
09-28-2010, 03:31 PM

o rly?

hedbonker
09-28-2010, 03:41 PM
o rly?

ys. rly.

Theldios
09-28-2010, 03:49 PM
If I wanted corn I would just eat it. NO reason to get it from a chicken fattened up on it and breading made of it and then tossed into oil that fries it.

Product description
The Chicken McNugget is a small piece of white meat chicken held together with phosphate salts and chicken breast. The pieces are then coated with batter, lightly fried to set the batter, individually quick frozen, packaged, and sent to stores. At the McDonald's stores, the McNuggets are deep-fried and sold. According to McDonald's, Chicken McNuggets are made entirely of white meat chicken. Prior to 2003, Chicken McNuggets conained 50% white meat and 50% dark meat.

Ingredient List
White boneless chicken, water, food starch-modified, salt, seasoning (autolyzed yeast extract, salt, wheat starch, natural flavoring (botanical source), safflower oil, dextrose, citric acid, rosemary), sodium phosphates, seasoning (canola oil, mono- and diglycerides, extractives of rosemary). Battered and breaded with: water, enriched flour (bleached wheat flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), yellow corn flour, food starch-modified, salt, leavening (baking soda, sodium acid pyrophosphate, sodium aluminum phosphate, monocalcium phosphate, calcium lactate), spices, wheat starch, whey, corn starch. Prepared in vegetable oil (Canola oil, corn oil, soybean oil, hydrogenated soybean oil with TBHQ and citric acid added to preserve freshness). Dimethylpolysiloxane added as an antifoaming agent. (May be different in regions other than the United States).

your getting way more than corn with that Heart Foundation approved Tick healthy meal.
LOL wonder what Ingredient List they got

korrowan
09-28-2010, 03:58 PM
Product description
The Chicken McNugget is a small piece of white meat chicken held together with phosphate salts and chicken breast. The pieces are then coated with batter, lightly fried to set the batter, individually quick frozen, packaged, and sent to stores. At the McDonald's stores, the McNuggets are deep-fried and sold. According to McDonald's, Chicken McNuggets are made entirely of white meat chicken. Prior to 2003, Chicken McNuggets conained 50% white meat and 50% dark meat.

Ingredient List
White boneless chicken, water, food starch-modified, salt, seasoning (autolyzed yeast extract, salt, wheat starch, natural flavoring (botanical source), safflower oil, dextrose, citric acid, rosemary), sodium phosphates, seasoning (canola oil, mono- and diglycerides, extractives of rosemary). Battered and breaded with: water, enriched flour (bleached wheat flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), yellow corn flour, food starch-modified, salt, leavening (baking soda, sodium acid pyrophosphate, sodium aluminum phosphate, monocalcium phosphate, calcium lactate), spices, wheat starch, whey, corn starch. Prepared in vegetable oil (Canola oil, corn oil, soybean oil, hydrogenated soybean oil with TBHQ and citric acid added to preserve freshness). Dimethylpolysiloxane added as an antifoaming agent. (May be different in regions other than the United States).

your getting way more than corn with that Heart Foundation approved Tick healthy meal.
LOL wonder what Ingredient List they got

Lol. Soybean / corn same thing you are still supporting Monsanto which is bad. Also almost all chickens that are not natural / organic eat crap (Corn and Monstanto Soy Beans) which is why you have huge fatty chicken breasts that are high in estrogens such as what is used by McShit not to mention the absurd sodium levels. You should go find a European ingredient list for this so called 'food'..it is far better for you.

Ezalor
09-28-2010, 04:47 PM

The delicious part.

NO reason to get it from a chicken fattened up on it and breading made of it and then tossed into oil that fries it.

Besides being delicious when dumped in sweet and sour, honey-mustard and/or barbecue, you mean?

No need to exaggerate and throw out half-truths about the ingredients of a McNugget to make an already obvious point: McDonalds is unhealthy. Really? Thanks for showing me the light!

Theldios
09-28-2010, 05:18 PM
Lol. Soybean / corn same thing you are still supporting Monsanto which is bad. Also almost all chickens that are not natural / organic eat crap (Corn and Monstanto Soy Beans) which is why you have huge fatty chicken breasts that are high in estrogens such as what is used by McShit not to mention the absurd sodium levels. You should go find a European ingredient list for this so called 'food'..it is far better for you.

WHOOSH!

hedbonker
09-28-2010, 05:24 PM
Hijack complete. My work here is done.

William_Munny15
09-28-2010, 08:22 PM
My vice is working out... terrible thing.

Want some advice meat head? Get back in the weight room and leave this thread

Seaweedpimp
09-29-2010, 11:09 AM
Damn, first gb of the morning, cant help but think that its making me feel better than mr elite facts of death's felt. evar!

korrowan
09-29-2010, 11:16 AM
Want some advice meat head? Get back in the weight room and leave this thread

Meat head? So someone who puts in an hour a day of working out is a meat head.. get real fatty.

hedbonker
09-29-2010, 11:30 AM
Meat head? So someone who puts in an hour a day of working out is a meat head.. get real fatty.

RL INFOZ!!!! ALARM! ALARM!!

fastboy21
09-29-2010, 11:30 AM
i hate meat heads.

Seaweedpimp
09-29-2010, 11:34 AM
"Brah, i gotta go smoke a bowl, brb dude" = "mom just told me to come in the kitchen for a PBJ and juicy-juice but I want to look cool so I'll pretend I do drugs."

BTW, pot is dangerous. Most of the studies that say it is not dangerous were from the 60's and often done by "researchers" with an axe to grind. Furthermore, it should be remembered that pot in the 60's is not the same as pot nowadays; selective breeding + massively more scientific growing methods have greatly increased the concentration of THC.

There are many sources which show the dangers of smoking pot, just look for them.
A basic resource here:
http://alcoholism.about.com/od/pot/a/effects.-Lya.htm
highlights:
"Because of the lower blood pressure and higher heart rate, researchers found that users' risk for a heart attack is four times higher within the first hour after smoking marijuana"

"Scientists have found that regular marijuana smokers can experience the same respiratory problems as tobacco smokers do"

"Marijuana contains more carcinogenic hydrocarbons than tobacco smoke and because marijuana smokers typically inhale deeper and hold the smoke in their lungs longer than tobacco smokers, their lungs are exposed to those carcinogenic properties longer, when smoking."

"Research indicates that THC impairs the body's immune system from fighting disease, which can cause a wide variety of health problems. One study found that marijuana actually inhibited the disease-preventing actions of key immune cells. Another study found that THC increased the risk of developing bacterial infections and tumors."

"Several studies have found that children born to mothers who used marijuana during pregnancy exhibit some problems with neurological development."

If you would like some of the actual research, check out the references included with this entry:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Effects_of_cannabis

Ok. First you make fun of marijuana users my saying "Brah, i gotta go smoke a bowl, brb dude" = "mom just told me to come in the kitchen for a PBJ and juicy-juice but I want to look cool so I'll pretend I do drugs." .....

Ok thats cool. Fuck you. Lol... really though???? brah?

AND

"BTW, pot is dangerous. Most of the studies that say it is not dangerous were from the 60's and often done by "researchers" with an axe to grind. Furthermore, it should be remembered that pot in the 60's is not the same as pot nowadays; selective breeding + massively more scientific growing methods have greatly increased the concentration of THC."

First off, you're full of it. Pot is not "dangerous". THC is not POISONOUS. What is SOMEWHAT bad for you're health is smoking the dried LEAF MATTER. THC does NOT harm your brain. I will say that used moderately, it is hands down my choice of drug. I dont use many drugs but alcohol tobacco and a CNS pill occasionally. Here deushebag. Read this story.

ABC news - http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Healthday/story?id=7235037&page=1

So you can say pot is generally not good for your health. Mainly because dirt weed is grown with pesticides/illigal chemicals etc. Medical grade pot or organic pot, is really not bad for you at ALL. Another reason is becuase the THC is not damaged/packaged roughly/touched by 1000 fingers etc. Thus you have a higher % of thc, and you need not to smoke much at all. You have to smoke alot of reguar dope to get high. Take one pull of some real dank.

korrowan
09-29-2010, 12:35 PM
Ok. First you make fun of marijuana users my saying "Brah, i gotta go smoke a bowl, brb dude" = "mom just told me to come in the kitchen for a PBJ and juicy-juice but I want to look cool so I'll pretend I do drugs." .....

AND

"BTW, pot is dangerous. Most of the studies that say it is not dangerous were from the 60's and often done by "researchers" with an axe to grind. Furthermore, it should be remembered that pot in the 60's is not the same as pot nowadays; selective breeding + massively more scientific growing methods have greatly increased the concentration of THC."

First off, you're full of it. Pot is not "dangerous". THC is not POISONOUS. What is SOMEWHAT bad for you're health is smoking the dried LEAF MATTER. THC does NOT harm your brain. I will say that used moderately, it is hands down my choice of drug. I dont use many drugs but alcohol tobacco and a CNS pill occasionally. Here deushebag. Read this story.

So you can say pot is generally not good for your health. Mainly because dirt weed is grown with pesticides/illigal chemicals etc. Medical grade pot or organic pot, is really not bad for you at ALL. Another reason is becuase the THC is not damaged/packaged roughly/touched by 1000 fingers etc. Thus you have a higher % of thc, and you need not to smoke much at all. You have to smoke alot of reguar dope to get high. Take one pull of some real dank.

I don't have issue with pot heads unless they talk about it and brag about it ...especially prevalent in CSS. Also eat less McFatties...fatties.

HippoNipple
09-29-2010, 12:40 PM

AND

This post is all wrong.

With that said most things that are fun are bad for you. Everquest is a lot worse for you than pot, but I gotta get my fix!

Engraverwilliam
09-29-2010, 01:19 PM
As a 56 level cleric in EQ live I did my best dungeon/raid healing and general saving of the day when I was completely plowed under on pot. All stoners are not idiots.

Seaweedpimp
09-29-2010, 02:23 PM
This post is all wrong.

With that said most things that are fun are bad for you. Everquest is a lot worse for you than pot, but I gotta get my fix!

And what makes my post wrong hippo?

KilyenaMage
09-30-2010, 01:00 AM
How can you possibly play this game WITHOUT smoking pot!?!?

All you do is sit around in the same spot for 4 hours pressing the same 2 or 3 keys.

KilyenaMage
09-30-2010, 01:12 AM
S
Being stoned dumbs you down and makes you react slower. Maybe if you are half retarded and your mind wonders when you are sober being high could limit you to only be able to think about 1 thing at a time... but that just means you are stupid.

It's funny really, how foolish that statement is.

I goto all my classes stoned -- and have for the last 2 semesters. I'm always near the top of my class.

One of the reasons I smoke weed is specifically to dumb myself down....so I can deal with people of average and lower intelligence and not be bored by them.

Bodeanicus
09-30-2010, 01:44 AM

I goto all my classes stoned -- and have for the last 2 semesters. I'm always near the top of my class.

One of the reasons I smoke weed is specifically to dumb myself down....so I can deal with people of average and lower intelligence and not be bored by them.

That's not impressive when you go to community college for auto repair. All of those guys are high or drunk.

HippoNipple
09-30-2010, 10:05 AM

You took what I said out of context. I'm not saying you can't do something stoned. The guy said that he does better when he is stoned.

If you are saying that you couldn't be at the top of your class unless you were stoned, then you are full of shit. I was basically saying if smoking pot makes you better at something then you are a retard to start with.

If you can smoke weed and still get a good grades, big fucking deal school is easy for the most part. For many classes in college I was able to miss half the classes and still get an A or B. Then of course there are the harder classes that you have to put time and effort into along with going to every class.

Messianic
09-30-2010, 10:36 AM

You keep telling yourself that. :)

Japan
09-30-2010, 10:39 AM

ITT: liberal arts majors

Lagaidh
09-30-2010, 12:12 PM
I've been on both sides of this debate. I think people need to fucking relax.

I just don't get why people keep insisting on measuring e-cock.

HippoNipple
09-30-2010, 12:22 PM
I've been on both sides of this debate. I think people need to fucking relax.

I just don't get why people keep insisting on measuring e-cock.

Its called a debate, get in or get out.

Exactly why my wife's druid got to L14 before I moved a pixel of xp past 10. Gotta have that sow! Even if she only logs in for 2 mins a few times an hour.

Like I said in another thread: Tank love...

You box and are dumb enough to admit it on the forums.

Seaweedpimp
09-30-2010, 03:52 PM
Its called a debate, get in or get out.

You box and are dumb enough to admit it on the forums.

So are you going to answer my question? Or just spit out bullshit that pot makes you dumb?

Theldios
09-30-2010, 05:35 PM
So are you going to answer my question? Or just spit out bullshit that pot makes you dumb?

In 1974, Dr. Robert G. Heath, a researcher at Tulane University in New Orleans, reported that he had found proof that marijuana caused brain damage while experimenting on monkeys. Heath reported that rhesus monkeys smoking an equivalent of 30 joints a day began to atrophy and die after just 90 days. Autopsies revealed that the monkeys who had been exposed to the marijuana smoke had more dead brain cells than the control monkeys, who had not been exposed.

Is this proof enough?
does not dead brain cells = dumber?

azeth
09-30-2010, 05:40 PM
30 joints a day began

1. 30 joints is far out of the scope of reality for i'd guess 90% of American marijuana users.

2. You have no knowledge of, or apparent interest in researching the rate the brain physically repairs itself.

"... The new cells and connections that we and others have documented may provide the extra capacity the brain requires for the variety of challenges that individuals face throughout life. Such plasticity offers a possible mechanism through which the brain might be induced to repair itself after injury or disease..."

Ya know Theldios, I am in no way flaming you, but your rationale is the exact reason why we live in a culture of hesistance and inefficiency. Stop fearing the unknown, learn to embrace change, and perhaps gain a little perspective on the way.

HippoNipple
09-30-2010, 06:01 PM

You said smoking pot wasn't bad for the brain at all. It messes with your memory by attaching to the brain's neurons and interfering with normal communication between the neurons.

Next you said ditch weed can be toxic but that is actually the organic pot and it sucks.

The main idea of farmers being organic is to avoid ruining the soils for future generations and also to avoid getting chemicals, steroids (in meat) and pesticides in the food.

So the ditch weed you talk about, would actually be organic because it doesn't have any added chemicals.

Any good grower uses chemicals to help grow - organic shit sucks. You may use some types of organic seed oil to feed your plant but thats just one aspect of it. There are still fertilizers and soils you should use that aren't organic. Thats why pot is so much better now than it was years ago.

Some growers do like to use a soil that is organic, or stripped of all chemicals, but that is just because they want to be in full control of what is put into the soil and they add their own chemicals to it. If you are a lazy grower you would just use miracle grow for tomatoes with some cheap supplements that you mix in with the waterings.

Excision Rottun
09-30-2010, 06:11 PM
What about doing Ketamine?

Theldios
09-30-2010, 06:17 PM
1. 30 joints is far out of the scope of reality for i'd guess 90% of American marijuana users.

2. You have no knowledge of, or apparent interest in researching the rate the brain physically repairs itself.

"... The new cells and connections that we and others have documented may provide the extra capacity the brain requires for the variety of challenges that individuals face throughout life. Such plasticity offers a possible mechanism through which the brain might be induced to repair itself after injury or disease..."

Ya know Theldios, I am in no way flaming you, but your rationale is the exact reason why we live in a culture of hesistance and inefficiency. Stop fearing the unknown, learn to embrace change, and perhaps gain a little perspective on the way.

WOOSH..
that's the sound of the what my post was about going over your head.
What I posted comes directly from a published document about the effect that pot has on killing brain cells. the reason I posted it someone said prove it does. Thus I posted proof. In no way does that reflect my opinion on the subject. Perhaps a little reading comprehension would go a long way on your part yes?

azeth
09-30-2010, 06:22 PM
WOOSH..

What I posted comes directly from a published document about the effect that pot has on killing brain cells. the reason I posted it someone said prove it does.

Wow a published document from 1974, I do you for relevancy (and complete ignorance). You're picking the wrong guy to get into a pissing match with.

azeth
09-30-2010, 06:23 PM
applaud you*

Theldios
09-30-2010, 06:29 PM
Wow a published document from 1974, I do you for relevancy (and complete ignorance). You're picking the wrong guy to get into a pissing match with.
dude you have no piss I am all piss and vinigar.
It is a relevant document that pertains to the subject.
So I guess now the published writings of oh Albert Einstien are irrevant due to being old. Give me a break kid.
you know 2 things
Jack and guess
Your just a kid who thinks he knows, I have the experiance thats says i know

azeth
09-30-2010, 06:33 PM
dude you have no piss I am all piss and vinigar.
It is a relevant document that pertains to the subject.
So I guess now the published writings of oh Albert Einstien are irrevant due to being old. Give me a break kid.
you know 2 things
Jack and guess
Your just a kid who thinks he knows, I have the experiance thats says i know

welcome to EQ Theldios, PM me for rogue tips.

Lucrio40
09-30-2010, 06:33 PM
Sounds like Theldios is trying hard to be like Harrison...speaking of that, where has he been lately? I haven't been called an obsessed loser in a couple days.

Shaun421
09-30-2010, 06:38 PM
I do you for relevancy...

Fag ;)

Everyone in here bitching about pot needs to smoke a joint and/or shut the fuck up. You don't like hearing people talk about it as much as we don't like hearing people give us shit for having an alternative lifestyle to yours. Having a holier than thou atitude becuase you don't drink, smoke, snort, inject, eat red meat... whatever the fuck you don't do that you think is bad, telling someone else that it is bad or them isn't going to change shit.

Contrary to your belief, not all pot heads are fucking retarded, regarless of what studies you pull out of your ass. We know the effects, likely better than you because we have first hand experience. It is a choice that we make, and until my choices start inflicting physical harm on you, just sod off.

This was aimed at no one in particular, but I'm just tired of people pulling the "I'm better than you" card because they are different. We're all going to fucking die anyway, just do whatever it is that makes you happy.

Shaun421
09-30-2010, 06:39 PM
Sounds like Theldios is trying hard to be like Harrison...speaking of that, where has he been lately? I haven't been called an obsessed loser in a couple days.

Yeah, there has been an distinct absence of prickishness and cockery in the forums as of late...

purist
09-30-2010, 06:42 PM
Jesus fucking Christ you guys are fucking lazy retards.

If you'd even spend ONE minute in Google Scholar you'd realize that the Dr. Robert G. Heath experiment from 1974 has been discredited over, and over, and over, and over, and over again.

Fuck, even the U.S. Government admitted that marijuana doesn't kils brain cells over TWO decades ago!

The Heath experiment has NEVER been replicated. In fact, in research studies with much better controls and larger monkey samples, time after time, the Heath experiment has been debunked. For example, look up the research by Dr. William Slikker of the National Center for Toxicological Research on the subject. Check out the many others that has discredited the "pot kills brain cells" myth, such as the study by Charles Rebert and Gordon Pryor of SRI International.

Time after time, after time after time.

azeth
09-30-2010, 06:45 PM
In old school DnD you could somewhat argue that a bard would be a wizard/warrior hybrid as it could use a variaty of weapons, wear armor, and cast mage spells..

fag ;)

azeth
09-30-2010, 06:46 PM
If you'd even spend ONE minute in Google Scholar you'd realize that the Dr. Robert G. Heath experiment from 1974 has been discredited over, and over, and over, and over, and over again.

Also @ Theldios this is exactly what I meant. You just blindly pulled something off and the internet and for whatever reason defended it.

Theldios
09-30-2010, 06:47 PM
welcome to EQ Theldios, PM me for rogue tips.

Ok mabey I am too old but whatever your trying to say with that is over my head.
Besides I play a shaman :P

azeth
09-30-2010, 06:47 PM
Also @ Theldios this is exactly what I meant. You just blindly pulled something off and the internet and for whatever reason defended it.

i am retarded

off
the
interweb

waldo
09-30-2010, 06:49 PM
This is kind of a stupid argument to have.
1. Marijuana is not anywhere near as harmful to your body as alcohol or cigarettes.
2. Marijuana has no real legitimate reason to be illegal. Was made illegal for a few factors. One of them being racism. Marijuana was known to be used by jazz musicians who were primarily black. The government did not want any kind of black movement becoming main stream culture.
Another reason it is illegal is that the alcohol and tabaco companies are the main financial contributers behind most anti-marijuana adds. NO shit alcohol companies don't want to compete with weed.
Another reason it is illegal is that multiple Politicians have used it to make advance their careers.
There are other reasons too that i wont go into, but do some research it may open your eyes.
There is no real viable reason why marijuana should be illegal, when we have alcohol which in my opinion has much worse affects on the people's actions, and on the human body. Whether or not you use marijuana, you can't deny that there is no legitimate reason why it is illegal. Like somebody posted earlier if we legalized it and taxed the shit out of it, it would make us money. Not only would the we get money from the taxes, but we would save on police, on fighting the drug cartels, and on prison.

purist
09-30-2010, 06:50 PM
William Slikker et al., Chronic Marijuana Smoke Exposure in the Rhesus Monkey, Fundamental and Applied Toxicology 17: 321-32 (1991). (http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B6WFT-4DDP57B-61&_user=10&_coverDate=08%2F31%2F1991&_rdoc=1&_fmt=high&_orig=search&_origin=search&_sort=d&_docanchor=&view=c&_searchStrId=1480536785&_rerunOrigin=scholar.google&_acct=C000050221&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=10&md5=cd6959b4955b04040ca28484a3fc3fb7&searchtype=a)

Charles Rebert & Gordon Pryor - Chronic Inhalation of Marijuana Smoke and Brain Electrophysiology of Rhesus Monkeys, International Journal of Psychophysiology V 14, p.144, 1993. (http://www.sciencedirect.com.ezproxy1.lib.asu.edu/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B6T3M-46630NY-4C&_user=56861&_coverDate=02%2F28%2F1993&_rdoc=1&_fmt=high&_orig=search&_origin=search&_sort=d&_docanchor=&view=c&_acct=C000059542&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=56861&md5=daba959c5585574acdf550743bf5181d&searchtype=a)

I tried to attach both studies but the file size is too big, I will be happy to email anyone the PDFs.

Theldios
09-30-2010, 06:51 PM
Dude I defended nothing. I just stated the facts as I found them. And though someone says that the study had been refuted they have yet to post anything that proves it. I posted info from a published papar in the scientific comunity. All the other guy did was say that it has been refuted but has yet to show proof.
+ I have 1st hand experiance on how smoking pot makes you dumber. I have smoked more pot in a year of my pot days that you will in your life and back in those days 30 joints was a realistic amount to smoke. and yes I am dumber for it and not afraid to admit it. Pot is not only a gateway drug but it does dumb you down.
Thats why I quit I stopped enjoying the feeling of being stupid
sorry to burst your bubble of all knowingness but you really do not know anything until you have lived it.

Shaun421
09-30-2010, 06:51 PM
fag ;)

Touche my friend :D

purist
09-30-2010, 06:53 PM
Dude I defended nothing. I just stated the facts as I found them. And though someone says that the study had been refuted they have yet to post anything that proves it. I posted info from a published papar in the scientific comunity. All the other guy did was say that it has been refuted but has yet to show proof.
+ I have 1st hand experiance on how smoking pot makes you dumber. I have smoked more pot in a year of my pot days that you will in your life and back in those days 30 joints was a realistic amount to smoke. and yes I am dumber for it and not afraid to admit it. Pot is not only a gateway drug but it does dumb you down.
Thats why I quit I stopped enjoying the feeling of being stupid
sorry to burst your bubble of all knowingness but you really do not know anything until you have lived it.

What's your e-mail so I can email you the PDFs? The file size is too big to attach. I just cited two studies in peer-reviewed scientific journals and linked the abstracts, and offered to email you the full studies.

How is that not giving you proof?

Theldios
09-30-2010, 06:56 PM
What's your e-mail so I can email you the PDFs? The file size is too big to attach. I just cited two studies in peer-reviewed scientific journals and linked the abstracts, and offered to email you the full studies.

How is that not giving you proof?

LOL dude I saw that after i posted mine. It looks like yours got posted while i was wrting mine. I will read ther studies and see if they shed new or more light onto a subject I actully lived. you can study all you want but my life experiance says it makes you dumber. True that could be from all the other drugs pot led me to try and use for manty years but it was the 1st and opener to my drugie life that i lived for longer than most of you have been alive

azeth
09-30-2010, 06:59 PM
you can study all you want but my life experiance says it makes you dumber. True that could be from all the other drugs pot led me to try and use for manty years but it was the 1st and opener to my drugie life that i lived for longer than most of you have been alive

well im sorry to hear that, but i am pretty confident in saying your surety that marijuana caused or largely contributed to this experience is uncommon.

Theldios
09-30-2010, 07:03 PM
William Slikker et al., Chronic Marijuana Smoke Exposure in the Rhesus Monkey, Fundamental and Applied Toxicology 17: 321-32 (1991). (http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B6WFT-4DDP57B-61&_user=10&_coverDate=08%2F31%2F1991&_rdoc=1&_fmt=high&_orig=search&_origin=search&_sort=d&_docanchor=&view=c&_searchStrId=1480536785&_rerunOrigin=scholar.google&_acct=C000050221&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=10&md5=cd6959b4955b04040ca28484a3fc3fb7&searchtype=a)

Charles Rebert & Gordon Pryor - Chronic Inhalation of Marijuana Smoke and Brain Electrophysiology of Rhesus Monkeys, International Journal of Psychophysiology V 14, p.144, 1993. (http://www.sciencedirect.com.ezproxy1.lib.asu.edu/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B6T3M-46630NY-4C&_user=56861&_coverDate=02%2F28%2F1993&_rdoc=1&_fmt=high&_orig=search&_origin=search&_sort=d&_docanchor=&view=c&_acct=C000059542&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=56861&md5=daba959c5585574acdf550743bf5181d&searchtype=a)

I tried to attach both studies but the file size is too big, I will be happy to email anyone the PDFs.

I read the 1st articul from 1991. It stattes only effects to the general health of the monkeys that were exposed and that the dosage was 1 Mj cig a day everyday for EXTRA HIGH dosage and a 1 everyday but only during the week for HIGH dosage. Which going by size and weight may be the right dosage. But thet study in way says anything about it causeing or not causing brain dmg in the test subjects it only comments on general health after 1 year of exposure

The 2nd link takes me a University login that I have no login to read that article

So far no proof about the brain damage effect but proof that it does decrease general health overall much as cigarrete smoke does

purist
09-30-2010, 07:05 PM
Think whatever you want about it being a gateway drug, but you can't make an empirical claim (e.g. it kills brain cells) based on phony science that's been debunked time after time.

fishingme
09-30-2010, 07:14 PM
You took what I said out of context. I'm not saying you can't do something stoned. The guy said that he does better when he is stoned.

If you are saying that you couldn't be at the top of your class unless you were stoned, then you are full of shit. I was basically saying if smoking pot makes you better at something then you are a retard to start with.

If you can smoke weed and still get a good grades, big fucking deal school is easy for the most part. For many classes in college I was able to miss half the classes and still get an A or B. Then of course there are the harder classes that you have to put time and effort into along with going to every class.

He never took it out of context.

Theldios
09-30-2010, 11:18 PM
Think whatever you want about it being a gateway drug, but you can't make an empirical claim (e.g. it kills brain cells) based on phony science that's been debunked time after time.

Neither of those studies shows any conclusive evidence that pot smoke does not cause brain dmg. How can you form an actual experiment with only 2 test subjects such as the 2nd test did. It also showed that there was something different in the brain wave patterns in the monkey exposed to pot smoke while in the one that was not showed no effects.
"Exposure to marihuana produces substantial changes in
acute brain electrophysiology but does not appear to produce
persistent functional pathology."
This is from the 2nd link you posted showing that yes indeed pot does effect the brain. The 1st link you posted does not even speak about the effects of pot smoke on the brain at all it just makes conclusions as to general health and at least that one did study more than 2 monkeys.
Yes the 2nd article says that the previous evidence is not supported in their study but their study does seem to be a bit shady if not down right messed up in only using 2 test subjects and not actully doing autopsies on the brains of the monkeys to see if their was actual dmg or not.
Seems like your evidence is not truly supportive of pot smoke not causing brain dmg
Please try to bring better evidence to the table so far mine has stood up and shown that it does cause brain dmg. ture it was done on a scale that it may have been caused by something else(the breathing issue) but the ones you bring forth are actully not even close to proving that it does not

purist
09-30-2010, 11:21 PM
Sup. I know you admitted you're dumb and all, but try to pay attention.

This is an argument about there's any evidence THC kills brain cells. Not whether it affects the brain. Not whether it affects your general health. Just whether it kills brain cells.

Both studies replicated the Heath experiment and found no evidence that it does.

If you think they found evidence that it does, please show me where.

Theldios
09-30-2010, 11:26 PM
Sup. I know you admitted you're dumb and all, but try to pay attention.

This is an argument about there's any evidence THC kills brain cells. Not whether it affects the brain. Not whether it affects your general health. Just whether it kills brain cells.

Both studies replicated the Heath experiment and found no evidence that it does.

If you think they found evidence that it does, please show me where.
Neither study replicates the original experiment in no way no how did they even come close to doing what the 1st experiment did.
Hell the 2nd experiment only used 2 monkeys and did show change in brain wave patterns since that is all it was looking at
The 1st one did not even look at the brain at all and went a bit further at doing mabey 1/8 the exposure the original experiment did but again it did not study the brain at all.
So again bring something to the table that actully refutes the evidence that it does or bring nothign at all cause so far thats what you have done. Brought a couple of half baked expeirments that did not even look at the brain cells of the monekys and were in no way in the scale of dosage or monekys used to make a true control that the 1st experiment was
Bring real conclusive evidence cause so far you have brough half assed crap

purist
09-30-2010, 11:29 PM
Fuck, I actually agree with you. You definitely smoked yourself stupid.

HippoNipple
09-30-2010, 11:32 PM
He never took it out of context.

He took a small part and argued against it instead of looking at the entire statement.

Dwelling on one part of a statement and agrueing with it without touching on the thought as a whole is taking it out of context.

fishingme
09-30-2010, 11:54 PM
He took a small part and argued against it instead of looking at the entire statement.

Dwelling on one part of a statement and agrueing with it without touching on the thought as a whole is taking it out of context.

Being stoned dumbs you down and makes you react slower. Maybe if you are half retarded and your mind wonders when you are sober being high could limit you to only be able to think about 1 thing at a time... but that just means you are stupid.

I saw that his argument stayed on track with your statement of calling stoners "dumb" by the mere fact that you said "being stoned dumbs you down" which in turn can conclude that said person is dumb. Unless I'm reading it wrong and you didn't call stoners dumb at all. Also, in many cases when you said "your mind wanders" doesn't really count as being retarded, probably just bored in the subject.

Seaweedpimp
10-01-2010, 01:45 AM
In 1974, Dr. Robert G. Heath, a researcher at Tulane University in New Orleans, reported that he had found proof that marijuana caused brain damage while experimenting on monkeys. Heath reported that rhesus monkeys smoking an equivalent of 30 joints a day began to atrophy and die after just 90 days. Autopsies revealed that the monkeys who had been exposed to the marijuana smoke had more dead brain cells than the control monkeys, who had not been exposed.

Is this proof enough?
does not dead brain cells = dumber?

I believe the brain cell loss was was due to the gas masks being pumped FULL of pot smoke. Deplete brain of oxygen and brain cells die. How do you think those monkeys died?

Seaweedpimp
10-01-2010, 01:48 AM
LOL dude I saw that after i posted mine. It looks like yours got posted while i was wrting mine. I will read ther studies and see if they shed new or more light onto a subject I actully lived. you can study all you want but my life experiance says it makes you dumber. True that could be from all the other drugs pot led me to try and use for manty years but it was the 1st and opener to my drugie life that i lived for longer than most of you have been alive

Pot didnt lead you to try shit. Prove it.

You're dumber because of all the OTHER drugs you did..

Hahaha what a dumbass.

Bojangles
10-01-2010, 07:37 AM
No studies showing pot is harmless have been posted. My original post that showed scientific evidence of pot being harmful has still not been refuted after many pot heads have weighed in. Unless some last minute challenger steps up, it is safe to say that my contention that pot is harmful has been proven.

Please note that I am not making any suggestions as to whether pot should remain illegal or not, I'm simply refuting the claims that smoking pot is harmless.

Theldios
10-01-2010, 08:25 AM
I believe the brain cell loss was was due to the gas masks being pumped FULL of pot smoke. Deplete brain of oxygen and brain cells die. How do you think those monkeys died?

That is actully a conclusion of others who came after and read the report and tried to make light of it. There is no proof that either the gas masking or the pot smokingn is what killed the monkeys. However the monkeys that did smoke pot did have brain dmg and the monkeys that did not showed none and the monkeys that were exposed to a placebo smoke(in the same manner as the pot monkeys) did not die not show brain dmg when they were killed and autopsied

Which could lead one to conclude that the pot smoke contributed to brain cell loss
I did not make the study only cited it. you have problems with the way in which it was done go talk to the Dr. who did it

Theldios
10-01-2010, 08:29 AM
Pot didnt lead you to try shit. Prove it.

You're dumber because of all the OTHER drugs you did..

Hahaha what a dumbass.

Without the exposure to the world of drugs and easy access that It gave me to them. I would have never have tried the other drugs. Without the MIND ALTERING state that pot puts one in I would never have tried other drugs.
Your a total moron to think that kids just start with hardcore drugs.
They almost all start with pot. Some with alchohol.
You are a total fucking moron to think that smoking pot does not open doors to more dangerous drugs.
all your doing is making a stupid troll post and guess what, I AM DUMBER FOR READING IT.

Slade_the_Slide
10-01-2010, 10:42 AM
The only thing marijuana is a gateway to is my fridge.

Seaweedpimp
10-01-2010, 11:47 AM
Without the exposure to the world of drugs and easy access that It gave me to them. I would have never have tried the other drugs. Without the MIND ALTERING state that pot puts one in I would never have tried other drugs.
Your a total moron to think that kids just start with hardcore drugs.
They almost all start with pot. Some with alchohol.
You are a total fucking moron to think that smoking pot does not open doors to more dangerous drugs.
all your doing is making a stupid troll post and guess what, I AM DUMBER FOR READING IT.

Ok bro, ill try my hardest to find this info. Ive ready it before. They burned like 100 joint worth of pot into the gas masks of monkeys in under 5 minutes. so yeah that would kill you too dumbass.

The thc isnt what killed them. The lack of mother fucking oxygen did.

Youre such a fag bro, ill tell you i would be wayy more likely to smoke crack or do heroine if i was on alcohol. Not pot. So go ahead and toss that bullshit out the window. Smoking tobacco kills 300 000 a year. thats more than alcohol, cocaine , opiates combined. It legal to buy at 18. I will admit THAT was MY gateway drug. Or maybe it was candy????

Guess how many humand have used marijuana and died of toxicity? 0 in the last oh couple thousand years weve been recording HISTORY.

I guarentee you someone died by eating a peanut today.

?????????????????????????????????????

Seaweedpimp
10-01-2010, 11:49 AM
Wow this wasnt hard to find - http://www.montananorml.org/marijuanafacts

Myth: Marijuana kills brain cells.
Fact: None of the medical tests involving humans have shown any evidence of brain damage due to marijuana use, including chronic long term use. The assertion that pot kills brain cells is based on a flawed study involving rhesus monkeys in the 1970s, in which electrodes were implanted in the monkeys' brains. This invasive procedure killed or otherwise removed all but one of the monkeys from the test. A 1991 study of rhesus monkeys and marijuana smoke revealed no marijuana-related brain abnormalities whatsoever.

Henini
10-01-2010, 12:02 PM
No studies showing pot is harmless have been posted. My original post that showed scientific evidence of pot being harmful has still not been refuted after many pot heads have weighed in. Unless some last minute challenger steps up, it is safe to say that my contention that pot is harmful has been proven.

Please note that I am not making any suggestions as to whether pot should remain illegal or not, I'm simply refuting the claims that smoking pot is harmless.

cuz pot heads really can't think further then "pot is cool, pot is fun, if you don't smoke pot your a buz kill and suck" asking them to perform serious research and lucid thinking or arguments is impossible for them.

it's like smoking tobacco, there are no good reasons for it, but lots of people do it. lots and lots of studies have been made to prove tobacco is nasty for your health.

people don't care if something is good or bad for them, it's a drug, people use it for the instant joy... or bliss that it provides them for a brief moment instead to thinking over the long term. Where they will pay it back ten folds by suffering trough lung cancer or something of the likes.

kinda like eq vs wow (terms some of you might understand better)

eq, work hard for a long time and enjoy your self along the way and feel like you accomplished something maybe when you kill mob x or what not after months and months. Still reminisce on it after 10+ years and given the opportunity, would do it all over again.

wow, log in press 2-3 buttons get purplz l337 gear in your bags instantly lvl to 80 woot I'm su uber and kewl. but then end up being bored out of your mind and quitting after a short time cuz well, instant gratification lasts only that... an instant.

quido
10-01-2010, 12:08 PM
Hey just because Raren and Abacab smoke pot doesn't mean that everyone who does is retarded.

Theldios
10-01-2010, 01:54 PM

Fact: None of the medical tests involving humans have shown any evidence of brain damage due to marijuana use, including chronic long term use. The assertion that pot kills brain cells is based on a flawed study involving rhesus monkeys in the 1970s, in which electrodes were implanted in the monkeys' brains. This invasive procedure killed or otherwise removed all but one of the monkeys from the test. A 1991 study of rhesus monkeys and marijuana smoke revealed no marijuana-related brain abnormalities whatsoever.

LOL have you actully read the studies or just some summary that someone put together?
Cause I can tell you this much I have read both and that summary is bullshit.
No electrodes were placed in the monkeys brain so that is a straight lie.
the 2nd study from the 90's that tries to refute did not even look at the brains of the monekys but looked at the brainwaves and DID show that pot effected them
The other Study from the 90's showed that pot smoke degenerated the overall health of the monkeys but again they did not look at the brains to see what happened

Please as with the other guy bring REAL PROOF to the table
You have your head so far up your ass your grasping at straws to try to prove a point that was not conclusivly proved in those later studies
Fucking read the studies asswipe I did and know what they say. you obviously did not

Seaweedpimp
10-01-2010, 01:57 PM
LOL have you actully read the studies or just some summary that someone put together?
Cause I can tell you this much I have read both and that summary is bullshit.
No electrodes were placed in the monkeys brain so that is a straight lie.
the 2nd study from the 90's that tries to refute did not even look at the brains of the monekys but looked at the brainwaves and DID show that pot effected them
The other Study from the 90's showed that pot smoke degenerated the overall health of the monkeys but again they did not look at the brains to see what happened

Please as with the other guy bring REAL PROOF to the table
You have your head so far up your ass your grasping at straws to try to prove a point that was not conclusivly proved in those later studies
Fucking read the studies asswipe I did and know what they say. you obviously did not

Ok so the NORML facts posted on montana's fuckin website isnt proof?
wtf?

Theldios
10-01-2010, 02:02 PM
Ok so the NORML facts posted on montana's fuckin website isnt proof?
wtf?

Read the studies then you will know
And BTW it was not 100 joints in 5 min with a gas mask it was 30 joints a day for 90 days. then the monkeys we killed and autopsied the ones who got pot smoke had brain dmg, the ones who did not get pot smoke did not
I am not sayign that the study was done in a correct manner 9the gas mask could have caused problems) but it does show monkeys that did smoke pot had brain dmg vs ones who did not had none.
The study from 1991 only used 2 monkeys and never actully autopsied their brains just put an EEG machine to them and saw that their brain wave patter did indeed change after pot smoke
Never once did they actuly autopsy the brain of the monekys to check conclusivly for brain dmg

So yes that shit you posted is WRONG. Read the studies for yourself and see

Shaun421
10-01-2010, 02:05 PM
Anybody else smoking a bowl and watching this argument?

Seaweedpimp
10-01-2010, 02:08 PM
Myth: Marijuana Kills Brain Cells. Used over time, marijuana permanently alters brain structure and function, causing memory loss, cognitive impairment, personality deterioration, and reduced productivity.

Fact: None of the medical tests currently used to detect brain damage in humans have found harm from marijuana, even from long term high-dose use. An early study reported brain damage in rhesus monkeys after six months exposure to high concentrations of marijuana smoke. In a recent, more carefully conducted study, researchers found no evidence of brain abnormality in monkeys that were forced to inhale the equivalent of four to five marijuana cigarettes every day for a year. The claim that marijuana kills brain cells is based on a speculative report dating back a quarter of a century that has never been supported by any scientific study.

Heath, R.G., et al. “Cannabis Sativa: Effects on Brain Function and Ultrastructure in Rhesus Monkeys.” Biological Psychiatry 15 (1980): 657-690.
Ali, S.F., et al. “Chronic Marijuana Smoke Exposure in the Rhesus Monkey IV: Neurochemical Effects and Comparison to Acute and Chronic Exposure to Delta-9-Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) in Rats.” Pharmacology Biochemistry and Behavior 40 (1991): 677-82.

The reason they had brian cell loss is because they were suffocated you fucknut, they gave those 30 joints to them in 5 minutes. thats alot of smoke and not so much oxygen.

Seaweedpimp
10-01-2010, 02:11 PM
http://everything2.com/title/Does+Pot+Kill+Brain+Cells%253F

Periodically, you'll hear someone claim that pot kills brain cells. Besides the fact that that's a vague, un-scientific claim, it's dumb. Here's why. The only research scientist who ever claimed that pot damages brain structures was a guy named Dr. Gabriel Nahas, who used to work for the National Institutes of Health in the 70's. He did a study on rhesus monkeys with marijuana, and his results seemed to indicate that pot caused brain damage, so the drug warriors like to include that little tidbit in their speeches, pamphlets, and so forth.

The problem is that it isn't true. Dr. Nahas' research was astoundingly bad. After he published his study, dozens of scientists came forward to question his methods. He made pretty much every mistake someone can make - if this were a science project, he would have flunked. A few examples:

* the size of the research group was small - only 4 monkeys.
* there was no control group.
* the amount of pot smoke the monkeys ingested was several thousand times higher than anything a human could smoke - these poor monkeys basically spent 16 hours a day in a room full of pot smoke.
* Nahas misidentified normal monkey brain structures as "damaged."
* in his bibliography, he cited 31 sources. Of those 31, 4 were legitimate.
The rest were either quoted out of context in a misleading way, misquoted, or plain-old made up.
* He lied about his results. The "brain damage" that he observed in the monkeys brains disappeared as soon as the monkeys stopped receiving marijuana, and he chose to not mention it in his report.

So basically, this was like the world-class worst scientific study ever. It was so bad, he got shit-canned by the NIH, and he made a public speech disavowing the research, and admitting he messed it up.

Why am I going on at such length? My point is, people still say that pot causes brain damage. The drug warriors are intellectually dishonest - they quote people like Gabriel Nahas in pamphlets, because they know most people aren't going to bother to look it up and find out whether Nahas was a complete moron or not (which he was). Doing something like that is, in my eyes, just as bad as lying, so when the Drug Czar makes a claim on TV or in a newspaper that just isn't true, to me, it's just as bad as Clinton saying "I did not have sexual relations with that woman."

If they came out and told the honest truth about marijuana, it would be legalized. They know this. They feel justified in lying because it's the only way to keep pot illegal. But if you like government sources, heres one for you:

In the late eighties, NORML (the pro-pot people) brought a lawsuit against the DEA, trying to get pot re-classified from a schedule I drug (along with cocaine and angel dust) to a class III drug (things like codeine). The DEA assigned a law judge named Francis Young to hear the case. It went on for two years. During the case, the judge heard thousands of hours of testimony from scientists, lawyers, doctors, policemen, and so forth, and he amassed something like 15 volumes of evidence.

Let me be clear - Francis Young was an employee of the DEA, so he wasn't exactly unbiased. After two years of hearing the best the pro-pot and anti-pot forces could muster, his recommendation was that pot be immediately decriminalized. How about some quotes? He called marijuana "the safest therapeutic drug known to man." Was he wrong? He also referred to marijuana as "safer than water." It sounds weird, but it's true. It's theoretically impossible to overdose on marijuana, and no one has ever died from it. Compare that to Aspirin, which kills a few dozen people every year, or to any other commonly used drug or medication. In fact, compare it to water - believe it or not, it's actually possible to die from drinking too much water, and every year, a few people die from it. Which is, of course, a few more than pot.

So how come pot wasn't decriminalized? Well, after Young presented his findings to the DEA, the DEA's response was: "um, we're not in charge of scheduling drugs, that's Health and Human Services' job." They passed the buck. Is this surprising? Not really. About every 20 years or so, the government appoints a task force to decide what to do about the "marijuana problem". Every time, they recommend decriminalization, and every time they are ignored. The first time I can find of this happening was with the British government in 1804. The most recent time was during the Reagan administration. He appointed a "Gold-ribbon task force" of lawyers, doctors, and cops, who also recommended that marijuana be decriminalized, and were also ignored.

Japan
10-01-2010, 02:15 PM
One time I smoked a joint and then I was a heroin junkie.

Theldios
10-01-2010, 02:21 PM
Myth: Marijuana Kills Brain Cells. Used over time, marijuana permanently alters brain structure and function, causing memory loss, cognitive impairment, personality deterioration, and reduced productivity.

Fact: None of the medical tests currently used to detect brain damage in humans have found harm from marijuana, even from long term high-dose use. An early study reported brain damage in rhesus monkeys after six months exposure to high concentrations of marijuana smoke. In a recent, more carefully conducted study, researchers found no evidence of brain abnormality in monkeys that were forced to inhale the equivalent of four to five marijuana cigarettes every day for a year. The claim that marijuana kills brain cells is based on a speculative report dating back a quarter of a century that has never been supported by any scientific study.

Heath, R.G., et al. “Cannabis Sativa: Effects on Brain Function and Ultrastructure in Rhesus Monkeys.” Biological Psychiatry 15 (1980): 657-690.
Ali, S.F., et al. “Chronic Marijuana Smoke Exposure in the Rhesus Monkey IV: Neurochemical Effects and Comparison to Acute and Chronic Exposure to Delta-9-Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) in Rats.” Pharmacology Biochemistry and Behavior 40 (1991): 677-82.

The reason they had brian cell loss is because they were suffocated you fucknut, they gave those 30 joints to them in 5 minutes. thats alot of smoke and not so much oxygen.

Again Read the stuides and stop using someone esle summary to prove your point read the studies and see mine.
you are so retarded that you let others do your thinking for you.
I actulyl read the studies with an open mind and if they would have been conclusive i would be the 1st to admit it. But they are not.
So it all comes down to Read the studies for yourself

purist
10-01-2010, 02:22 PM
Theldios.

Please quote the part of the studies where it says THC kills brain cells.

If you read the studies at all, you'd know they found no evidence that it does.

I'll be waiting.

Theldios
10-01-2010, 02:27 PM
"* the amount of pot smoke the monkeys ingested was several thousand times higher than anything a human could smoke - these poor monkeys basically spent 16 hours a day in a room full of pot smoke."

"The reason they had brian cell loss is because they were suffocated you fucknut, they gave those 30 joints to them in 5 minutes. thats alot of smoke and not so much oxygen."

"Ok bro, ill try my hardest to find this info. Ive ready it before. They burned like 100 joint worth of pot into the gas masks of monkeys in under 5 minutes. so yeah that would kill you too dumbass."

So which was it?
Can you please eleborate cause just in the dosage you have contradicted yourself 3 times. Guess you really are just either makign shit up or have no clue or all the pot smoke has made you too stupid to know what you have previously posted

purist
10-01-2010, 02:28 PM
Just copy-paste the part of the research where you claim it says THC kills brain cells, please. Don't try to quote parts about anything else.

I want the part that says THC kills brain cells.

Quote me that part, if you can find it.

purist
10-01-2010, 02:29 PM
What's wrong, can't find it?

Theldios
10-01-2010, 02:29 PM
http://everything2.com/title/Does+Pot+Kill+Brain+Cells%253F

Periodically, you'll hear someone claim that pot kills brain cells. Besides the fact that that's a vague, un-scientific claim, it's dumb. Here's why. The only research scientist who ever claimed that pot damages brain structures was a guy named Dr. Gabriel Nahas, who used to work for the National Institutes of Health in the 70's. He did a study on rhesus monkeys with marijuana, and his results seemed to indicate that pot caused brain damage, so the drug warriors like to include that little tidbit in their speeches, pamphlets, and so forth.

The problem is that it isn't true. Dr. Nahas' research was astoundingly bad. After he published his study, dozens of scientists came forward to question his methods. He made pretty much every mistake someone can make - if this were a science project, he would have flunked. A few examples:

* the size of the research group was small - only 4 monkeys.
* there was no control group.
* the amount of pot smoke the monkeys ingested was several thousand times higher than anything a human could smoke - these poor monkeys basically spent 16 hours a day in a room full of pot smoke.
* Nahas misidentified normal monkey brain structures as "damaged."
* in his bibliography, he cited 31 sources. Of those 31, 4 were legitimate.
The rest were either quoted out of context in a misleading way, misquoted, or plain-old made up.
* He lied about his results. The "brain damage" that he observed in the monkeys brains disappeared as soon as the monkeys stopped receiving marijuana, and he chose to not mention it in his report.

So basically, this was like the world-class worst scientific study ever. It was so bad, he got shit-canned by the NIH, and he made a public speech disavowing the research, and admitting he messed it up.

Why am I going on at such length? My point is, people still say that pot causes brain damage. The drug warriors are intellectually dishonest - they quote people like Gabriel Nahas in pamphlets, because they know most people aren't going to bother to look it up and find out whether Nahas was a complete moron or not (which he was). Doing something like that is, in my eyes, just as bad as lying, so when the Drug Czar makes a claim on TV or in a newspaper that just isn't true, to me, it's just as bad as Clinton saying "I did not have sexual relations with that woman."

If they came out and told the honest truth about marijuana, it would be legalized. They know this. They feel justified in lying because it's the only way to keep pot illegal. But if you like government sources, heres one for you:

In the late eighties, NORML (the pro-pot people) brought a lawsuit against the DEA, trying to get pot re-classified from a schedule I drug (along with cocaine and angel dust) to a class III drug (things like codeine). The DEA assigned a law judge named Francis Young to hear the case. It went on for two years. During the case, the judge heard thousands of hours of testimony from scientists, lawyers, doctors, policemen, and so forth, and he amassed something like 15 volumes of evidence.

Let me be clear - Francis Young was an employee of the DEA, so he wasn't exactly unbiased. After two years of hearing the best the pro-pot and anti-pot forces could muster, his recommendation was that pot be immediately decriminalized. How about some quotes? He called marijuana "the safest therapeutic drug known to man." Was he wrong? He also referred to marijuana as "safer than water." It sounds weird, but it's true. It's theoretically impossible to overdose on marijuana, and no one has ever died from it. Compare that to Aspirin, which kills a few dozen people every year, or to any other commonly used drug or medication. In fact, compare it to water - believe it or not, it's actually possible to die from drinking too much water, and every year, a few people die from it. Which is, of course, a few more than pot.

So how come pot wasn't decriminalized? Well, after Young presented his findings to the DEA, the DEA's response was: "um, we're not in charge of scheduling drugs, that's Health and Human Services' job." They passed the buck. Is this surprising? Not really. About every 20 years or so, the government appoints a task force to decide what to do about the "marijuana problem". Every time, they recommend decriminalization, and every time they are ignored. The first time I can find of this happening was with the British government in 1804. The most recent time was during the Reagan administration. He appointed a "Gold-ribbon task force" of lawyers, doctors, and cops, who also recommended that marijuana be decriminalized, and were also ignored.

Oh and BTW idiot learn to read were were debating Dr. Robert G. Heath's study not DR Nahas

good try though

Henini
10-01-2010, 02:31 PM
what's with all the monkey smoking, I thought this was a pot smoking thread.

there is no thc in moneys, smoking them is useless.

you can not smoke studies either, that makes then uninteresting.

where's the ganja at?

purist
10-01-2010, 02:31 PM
Theldios.

I'll be waiting.

Just copy-paste the part of the research where you claim it says THC kills brain cells, please. Don't try to quote parts about anything else.

I want the part that says THC kills brain cells.

Quote me that part, if you can find it.

Theldios
10-01-2010, 02:45 PM
Theldios.

I'll be waiting.

"Heath reported that rhesus monkeys smoking an equivalent of 30 joints a day began to atrophy and die after just 90 days. Autopsies revealed that the monkeys who had been exposed to the marijuana smoke had more dead brain cells than the control monkeys, who had not been exposed.
"

The studies you cited did not even look at the brain so how could they claim anything

one of them looked at OVERALL HEALTH
the other looked at brainwave patterns (which were abnormal with pot involved)
they did nothign to disprove Dr. Heath's studies
Many have critisized his study and they ma be right I am no scientisit but I have not seen one stuidy published that has shown that Pot smoke Does not cause brain dmg or mess up your brain in someway on a permant basis.
Many people cite the 2 studies you linked and sent me the PDF for but neither of those studies actully looked at the brains of the monekys they were studying.
Here are published things that show that Pot is just not so good for you

"Glen Hanson, DDS, PhD, Associate Director of the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), stated on July 10, 2003 during a marijuana briefing in Salt Lake City arranged by the White House Office of National Drug Control Policy, as reported in the Deseret News:
"Its [marijuana] effects on the brain function are compounded in adolescents because the behavior center at the frontal cortex is literally not developed... "
"To use [marijuana] is to take chemical shortcuts to the brain's pleasure center. It is not like riding a roller coaster or jumping out of an airplane. This is adding chemicals to your brain, not inducing a normal sensation. You are changing the way it normally functions and, in effect, creating a mental disorder. The brain bounces and bounces and finally stops bouncing back to normal.""

"The National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) noted in its online article "NIDA InfoFacts: Marijuana" (revised Mar. 2004):
"When someone smokes marijuana, THC rapidly passes from the lungs into the bloodstream, which carries the chemical to organs throughout the body, including the brain.
In the brain, THC connects to specific sites called cannabinoid receptors on nerve cells and influences the activity of those cells. Some brain areas have many cannabinoid receptors; others have few or none. Many cannabinoid receptors are found in the parts of the brain that influence pleasure, memory, thought, concentration, sensory and time perception, and coordinated movement.

The short-term effects of marijuana can include problems with memory and learning; distorted perception; difficulty in thinking and problem solving; loss of coordination; and increased heart rate.

Research findings for long-term marijuana use indicate some changes in the brain similar to those seen after long-term use of other major drugs of abuse.""

For every source you can find that says it's good for you. I bet i can find 10 that say it's bad and i am syure for every source that finds it bad yuo can find 10 that say it's good.. I guess we will just have to agree to disagree but I am fairly certian from my 1st hand experince what smokeing pot can do and lead to in heavy usage.

Messianic
10-01-2010, 02:46 PM
Regardless whether it actually can be proven to kill brain cells, I don't know people who weed has benefited (i.e. "I smoke weed because i'm smart and need to dumb myself down"); I only know people who wasted good years of productivity to smoke a bong.

Not that it should be federally enforced by a nanny state, though.

Theldios
10-01-2010, 02:47 PM
What's wrong, can't find it?

LOL whats wrong can't wait more than 6 min for an answer?

Messianic
10-01-2010, 02:48 PM
Oh, quick exception - some doctors say it may help as a pain treatment for glaucoma patients. If docs in good standing with the AMA want to prescribe this as treatment and experiment with them as treatment, I guess that would be a tangible benefit.

HippoNipple
10-01-2010, 02:50 PM
I saw that his argument stayed on track with your statement of calling stoners "dumb" by the mere fact that you said "being stoned dumbs you down" which in turn can conclude that said person is dumb. Unless I'm reading it wrong and you didn't call stoners dumb at all. Also, in many cases when you said "your mind wanders" doesn't really count as being retarded, probably just bored in the subject.

Yes but he only quoted a portion of my statement, jesus man, how many times can you dwell on something so small and be so wrong.

Seaweedpimp
10-01-2010, 02:51 PM
Oh and BTW idiot learn to read were were debating Dr. Robert G. Heath's study not DR Nahas

good try though

Actually brah, were talking about the brain losing cells. No shit were talking about two different experiments. Weeds not for you. Bleach is.

Too bad you dont listen.

Seaweedpimp
10-01-2010, 02:52 PM
Oh, quick exception - some doctors say it may help as a pain treatment for glaucoma patients. If docs in good standing with the AMA want to prescribe this as treatment and experiment with them as treatment, I guess that would be a tangible benefit.

Guess that shows you're wide knowledge on THC and how it effects you!

;)

So sad.

Theldios
10-01-2010, 02:56 PM
Actually brah, were talking about the brain losing cells. No shit were talking about two different experiments. Weeds not for you. Bleach is.

Too bad you dont listen.

What a moron you try to cite a totaly fucked up study as proof that por does not kill brain cells and act like it actully had some bearing on the conversation.
too bad your an idiot who is just blowing smoke out his ass
go ahead have another bong hit it might make you smarter LOL

Messianic
10-01-2010, 03:03 PM
Guess that shows you're wide knowledge on THC and how it effects you!

;)

So sad.

Guess that shows your wide knowledge of non-chemical addiction and using unreal stimulus as a means to alleviate anxiety based in a lack of self-affirming accomplishment!

So sad.

Messianic
10-01-2010, 03:15 PM
However, I'd actually concede it's no different than alcohol, and using it could prove no more harmful than alcohol if societal norms changed. They probably will change in that direction over time.

Seaweedpimp
10-01-2010, 03:24 PM
However, I'd actually concede it's no different than alcohol, and using it could prove no more harmful than alcohol if societal norms changed. They probably will change in that direction over time.

Weed kills 0 since the bigining of written history.

Alcohol kills thousands daily.

rly?

purist
10-01-2010, 03:37 PM
The studies you cited did not even look at the brain so how could they claim anything

This can be easily dismissed if you simply bothered to even read the the abstract (http://toxsci.oxfordjournals.org/content/17/2/321.short):

"This report is the first in a series about a large multidisciplinary study designed to determine whether chronic marijuana (MJ) smoke exposure results in residual behavioral and/or neuropathological alterations in the rhesus monkey.

Messianic
10-01-2010, 03:55 PM
Weed kills 0 since the bigining of written history.

Alcohol kills thousands daily.

rly?

My argument was clearly that Weed is a killer. Gosh, you'll just shrivel up and die if you hit that THC, yo!

But let's ask ourselves a question!

Who does that longneck bottle of "Miller Lite" go and kill? Does it pick up its trusty AK and go through the streets, seeking whom he may fill with proverbial lead?

Or does that shot glass of tequila break its container and shove the shards down someone's throat, simultaneously causing them to bleed internally and suffocate? Does it secretly slip rat poison into your favorite fruity cocktail, jealous that you were avoiding it to play with frozen fruits and syrups?

Likewise, are those blunts, bongs, or bowls (or however you silly kids like to consume your hashish nowadays) throwing themselves in front of bullets fired by the evil liquor store? Does the leaf tell you when you're about to make a left turn into oncoming traffic?

Or is it an inanimate substance that can be enjoyed responsibly by mature human beings, but is often abused and used in ways that impair the judgment of the user, and is prone to changing an individual's ability to enjoy accomplishment by flattening the user's sensitivity to painful emotional stimuli?

But you might say, and be entirely valid - those evil bottles of beer and various liquors have a propensity to change personality (defined strictly) whereas weed does not!

One substance may have a higher propensity and consequence of abuse and therefore causes more "death" as opposed to (often) causing the user to slip into mediocrity and apathy about their once bright future, since after all, that dime bag is waiting for them at home. But you're right, death is all that matters.

Just like heart attacks, strokes, and trans fats, what doesn't kill us can only make us stronger. Yep!

You know what - you're right. You got me, Marijuana use doesn't kill anyone, therefore its use is automatically better than alcohol in any and all circumstances, and therefore people who liken its use to other substances, i.e. alcohol, are totally missing how radically awesome and totally tubular THC is.

In the meanwhile, i'll point out every single friend of mine who smoked on a regular basis, and show you how one pissed away a chance to be on the American Tae Kwon Do Olympic team, another used it to soothe himself after his father died piloting a helicopter, and another went from a bright college student to someone who stole from his own mother as long as he had something to pack his bowl with.

Granted, I readily admit all of these are abuses, and are avoidable by mature adults. But since you phrased my argument in terms of "X kills, Y doesn't, therefore your statement about Y being detrimental is invalid," I thought it fitting that I make those points.

All the best as you hit that bong, bro. Don't be caught ridin' dirty.

quido
10-01-2010, 04:03 PM
I'm better at computer programming having engaged in the "abuse" of psychedelics. My years as a psychonaut employing the use of LSD and ketamine (and marijuana) somehow enhanced my abilities, I swear to you.

Raavak
10-01-2010, 04:21 PM
I can't believe people are saying pot doesn't have long-term effects. We've all seen burnouts and people going that direction. It happens. It doesn't happen over night but over years of regular use.

Seaweedpimp
10-01-2010, 04:27 PM
It boils down to this. Its right for some, others its not. I sit around and watch peers smoke pot all day. And i will agree, its not for all. One of them is the scummiest fuck i know, another one of the brightest.

If you have mental disorders, dont use any drugs. Periond. Other than what the doctor gives you. Sorry guys, its not for most of you.

Honestly i can say id rather smoke my sweed dank bud waiting at home than fuck both of your nasty wives, anyday. Assuming they are you're wives.

I can honestly say i would rather some just fucking die than let me try to explain how much more benefitial youre life can be while using pot occasionally.

It does have long term effects. But so does everything else. Its just better.

So keep ripping the old pages out henry anslingers bible of bullshit "facts" .

Try reading something that isnt from the 70's. Nothing was as precise back then as it is today. (scientificly) .

And we can drop the studies alltogether, because our biased govt. wont allow testing of any kind in the us. Go look at some of spain's research. thats the one about the tumors and thc.

quido
10-01-2010, 04:27 PM
I can't believe people are saying pot doesn't have long-term effects. We've all seen burnouts and people going that direction. It happens. It doesn't happen over night but over years of regular use.

A lot of people are like that without smoking pot.

Sigmastorm
10-02-2010, 04:09 AM
Who cares how dangerous smoking marijuana is? Even though it's clearly hello kitty compared to alcohol.

The problem is the proliferation of underground, organized and widespread criminal activity, where a profitable, often violent, black market for marijuana is flourishing.

Also the cost of enforcing marijuana prohibition is extreme, and the lack of tax revenues on marijuana is humongous.

It's wrong on so many levels.

Slade_the_Slide
10-02-2010, 10:34 AM
Looks like California decriminalized up to an ounce of pot. Worst you get is $100 fine, but it's treated the same as a traffic ticket.

azeth
10-02-2010, 10:42 AM
same as mass

Crover_CT99
10-02-2010, 12:31 PM
Seems both extreme ends of the spectrum are being represented here for the sake of argument, of course.

Here is how marijuana benefits me:
1. It regulates my body temperature. I live just outside Austin and I'm prone to sweating more than most people. If I take one pull off the pipe, I stop sweating for hours.

2. I'm prone to car/plane/etc sickness. A couple tokes and I'm right as rain. It instantly cures my nausea.

3. Stress relief.

That being said, Marijuana (especially the sticky icky) causes cognitive impairment. I always weigh the pros and cons before I smoke.

Everyone's life is a different story. Everyone has different reactions/tolerances to drugs. It's not always about getting high man. Hence my post early on here: stop taking it yourselves so seriously. Most of the posts in here are self-projection seen through the lens of the usual human who has "figured it all out."

Japan
10-02-2010, 02:16 PM
1. It regulates my body temperature. I live just outside Austin and I'm prone to sweating more than most people. If I take one pull off the pipe, I stop sweating for hours.

You're sweating less because your body temperature is not properly regulated when you're high. Learn to pharmacology.

Seaweedpimp
10-02-2010, 02:21 PM
You're sweating less because your body temperature is not properly regulated when you're high. Learn to pharmacology.

Yeah, i saw something wrong with that too. Atleast it makes him more comfortable.

Some people sweat when thier bodys arent even overheating.

Crover_CT99
10-02-2010, 02:42 PM
I have Hyperhydrosis, dude. My body over-regulates my body temperature.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperhidrosis
I agree with you that it's "dampening" my body's temperature regulation process.

That being said, I think I was clear in my communication.
It adjusts the way my body reacts to heat, thereby improving my comfort level.

Bojangles
10-02-2010, 06:40 PM

Is this addressed to my assertion that no evidence that pot is harmless has been presented?

Japan
10-02-2010, 07:18 PM
I have Hyperhydrosis, dude. My body over-regulates my body temperature.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperhidrosis
I agree with you that it's "dampening" my body's temperature regulation process.

That being said, I think I was clear in my communication.
It adjusts the way my body reacts to heat, thereby improving my comfort level.

lol @ your ailment, sweaty nerd

GypsyGirl
10-02-2010, 09:02 PM
Lol

StinkyGreenBud
10-07-2010, 01:44 AM
Ya smoking weed in a group helps me get over the fact at how much i suck.

Japan
10-07-2010, 01:26 PM
In '87, Huey released this, "Fore," their most accomplished album. I think their undisputed masterpiece is "Hip to be Square", a song so catchy, most people probably don't listen to the lyrics. But they should, because it's not just about the pleasures of conformity, and the importance of trends, it's also a personal statement about the band itself.

Seaweedpimp
10-07-2010, 02:32 PM
In '87, Huey released this, "Fore," their most accomplished album. I think their undisputed masterpiece is "Hip to be Square", a song so catchy, most people probably don't listen to the lyrics. But they should, because it's not just about the pleasures of conformity, and the importance of trends, it's also a personal statement about the band itself.

La ~ ???

TJHooker
10-08-2010, 02:17 AM
Q: What did the EQ player say when they ran out of weed?

A: This game fucking sucks.

jarshale
10-08-2010, 04:15 AM
If anyone is running one of those smoke 30 joints a day experiments... lemme know. I trust there will be bowls of doritos and dr pepper?