PDA

View Full Version : Open letter to Chest (BDA) and Taken/Divinity - come on back

Swish
02-02-2015, 09:09 AM
Dear Chest and pals,

EverQuest is great isn't it? We all know the pains of having to share a limited number of repopped dragons... and while we are struggling for VP keys here in Class R we understand that you would look to take as much as you could using a system that works to help you see pixels as often as possible.

In ForumQuest the last couple of days I've been keenly interested to see the reasons for this change of direction and the reasons touted for them. It's been quite clear that it's a veiled attempt to lock out "weak" guilds that can down dragons but not 100% convincingly on all targets every time, which would give more pixels to the "strong" guilds who have more numbers or more available across a 24 hour clock to log in and get things done more quickly.

I think I speak for the other 7 guilds you're trying to hurdle when I say they just want to keep the status quo, or perhaps continue with some more minor changes that help to preserve the rotation as we know it.

By touting a "FFA rotation" you're risking a full collapse of Class R, and assuming there's neutrality on this server it'll open the door for TMO/IB to move on in and scoop up a lot more for themselves in the fallout.

Nobody likes the thought of them taking all the pixels, I'm sure you don't and know how it felt from your brief time in C. Come on back and lets carry on... business as usual. Velious is probably around the corner anyway which will release a lot of this pressure.

Put it there, pal...lets go forward together until then and continue building a bright and successful raid community where everyone can enjoy these encounters in a relaxed rotation.

http://s8.postimg.org/dnlzlxwit/Untitled.png

~ Swish

HethGnome
02-02-2015, 09:28 AM
Class R isn't going anywhere for the moment is it? It's just going to turn into an FTE sockfest shitshow for a while. Pretty sure GM staff is ok with FFA.

Swish
02-02-2015, 11:35 AM
You seem sure that the 7 guilds are going to go along with consenting to give the "big 3" more pixels, which is what this is all about.

No room for casual scum in the casual tier pals.

Formshifter
02-02-2015, 11:42 AM
They need to just all come to red. That would solve so many of these childish bullshit disputes.

Want something? kill that guy and take it.

Blaza
02-02-2015, 11:43 AM
Dear Chest and pals,

EverQuest is great isn't it? We all know the pains of having to share a limited number of repopped dragons... and while we are struggling for VP keys here in Class R we understand that you would look to take as much as you could using a system that works to help you see pixels as often as possible.

In ForumQuest the last couple of days I've been keenly interested to see the reasons for this change of direction and the reasons touted for them. It's been quite clear that it's a veiled attempt to lock out "weak" guilds that can down dragons but not 100% convincingly on all targets every time, which would give more pixels to the "strong" guilds who have more numbers or more available across a 24 hour clock to log in and get things done more quickly.

I think I speak for the other 7 guilds you're trying to hurdle when I say they just want to keep the status quo, or perhaps continue with some more minor changes that help to preserve the rotation as we know it.

By touting a "FFA rotation" you're risking a full collapse of Class R, and assuming there's neutrality on this server it'll open the door for TMO/IB to move on in and scoop up a lot more for themselves in the fallout.

Nobody likes the thought of them taking all the pixels, I'm sure you don't and know how it felt from your brief time in C. Come on back and lets carry on... business as usual. Velious is probably around the corner anyway which will release a lot of this pressure.

Put it there, pal...lets go forward together until then and continue building a bright and successful raid community where everyone can enjoy these encounters in a relaxed rotation.

http://s8.postimg.org/dnlzlxwit/Untitled.png

~ Swish

Rotations is dumb. +1 for what looks like it could be a 'Captain Planet' image.

Anichek
02-02-2015, 11:43 AM
You seem sure that the 7 guilds are going to go along with consenting to give the "big 3" more pixels, which is what this is all about.

No room for casual scum in the casual tier pals.

Your over-amplification of this situation is amazing and perfect for RnF purposes.

The current proposal would basically facilitate a YEAR of non-issues, unless guilds don't deploy to kill mobs. That's their decision. BDA will have difficulty meeting some of those windows, too....

Argh
02-02-2015, 11:45 AM
Rotations is dumb. +1 for what looks like it could be a 'Captain Planet' image.

I think that's rocket power.

quido
02-02-2015, 11:45 AM
No damn it - you should play the game exactly as Chest, the king of Class R, prescribes. Do it his way or take a hike, maggots.

Stormfists
02-02-2015, 11:46 AM
Want something? kill that guy and take it.

I tried red once.

Wanted level 8 on my mage. But the level 12 fungi, epic MQ, fully geared, clickied, Kiva potted, rogue didnt allow it.

He must have wanted my 4 copper...

Man0warr
02-02-2015, 11:48 AM

TMO/IB can't kill Class R mobs, with or without a rotation, ever. Unless the Class R mob doesn't die within 6 hours, which will never happen.

Blaza
02-02-2015, 11:50 AM
I think that's rocket power.

Yeah I forgot there are 5 people in 'Captain Planet'...fucking Heart. Nobody likes Heart.

Swish
02-02-2015, 11:53 AM
I can see it now... BDA gets 2 strikes on a mob over the next year then decides to change the rules again to stop themselves getting shut out.

Pure scummery, what a sinister set of people making this proposal. Dark clouds are gathering for the blue raid scene at this rate.

What's BDA's issue at the moment? Too many guilds in Class R? Well hey, get your VP keyed folks and graduate along with Taken's VP keyed folks.

Plenty of room for a 3rd Class C guild. Why sit on VP keys that you can't/won't use? :rolleyes:

...ooorrrr, just leave things as they are and we can all get along like great chums.

Swish
02-02-2015, 11:55 AM
TMO/IB can't kill Class R mobs, with or without a rotation, ever. Unless the Class R mob doesn't die within 6 hours, which will never happen.

If people can't play nice and share their toys I'd declare open season myself.

Always thought that the R in Class R stood for rotate or rotation.

quido
02-02-2015, 11:56 AM
No you're wrong - it stands for Retard. It was named after the King of Class R

Blaza
02-02-2015, 11:59 AM
No you're wrong - it stands for Retard. It was named after the King of Class R

*snap*

Tiggles
02-02-2015, 11:59 AM
I can truly say that even though I have great disdain for chest and BDA. I think dissolving the Class R rotation will be the best thing for the server, Class C in particular.

The only reason to play EQ is to be better than other people, TMO knows this so does IB.

All this hand holding take turns mob rotation bullshit does not cultivate a proper raid scene where guilds shit on each other on the regular.

See, the problem with the rotation is that it rewards bad no-effort players with loot. 90% of Class R players are really bad and would never attempt to compete for mobs if it was not a sure thing. The rotation rewards this behaviour further harming the server.

Note.

http://i.imgur.com/137DlXU.png

Every guild gets a fair share of content so they have no reason to incentivise good players and competition and thus the server stagnates.

Now, What we are seeing with BDA and Taken is that since these guilds contain a relatively higher number of better players they are starting to desire a larger share of the loot compared to the bad players in other guilds. This is a perfectly healthy response to a player who was starved for loot for 5 years and is now starting to get items.

Once BDA and Taken dissolve the rotation and take 90% of all Class R mobs it will create a "loot whore" funnel system. This will incentivise bad players to get better and it will incentivise good Class R players to join a Class C guild because with every mob being FFA thee differences between Class R and C will be minimal.

Note.

http://i.imgur.com/rBFS03p.jpg

This funnel system will effectively accomplish the staff's desire for guilds to "rank up" eventually to the competitive class.

This is why BDA and Taken have TMO's blessing in regards to this matter.

Formshifter
02-02-2015, 12:03 PM
I tried red once.

Wanted level 8 on my mage. But the level 12 fungi, epic MQ, fully geared, clickied, Kiva potted, rogue didnt allow it.

He must have wanted my 4 copper...

You might eat shit a few times in the beginning, but thats sort of the application process in a way.

Im about lvl 20 now on my rogue and i havent been killed by a twink yet. Had a few attack me, but i either got away or made them zone ( gear isnt everything in PVP)

khanable
02-02-2015, 12:14 PM
I can truly say that even though I have great disdain for chest and BDA. I think dissolving the Class R rotation will be the best thing for the server, Class C in particular.

The only reason to play EQ is to be better than other people, TMO knows this so does IB.

All this hand holding take turns mob rotation bullshit does not cultivate a proper raid scene where guilds shit on each other on the regular.

See, the problem with the rotation is that it rewards bad no-effort players with loot. 90% of Class R players are really bad and would never attempt to compete for mobs if it was not a sure thing. The rotation rewards this behaviour further harming the server.

Note.

Every guild gets a fair share of content so they have no reason to incentivise good players and competition and thus the server stagnates.

Now, What we are seeing with BDA and Taken is that since these guilds contain a relatively higher number of better players they are starting to desire a larger share of the loot compared to the bad players in other guilds. This is a perfectly healthy response to a player who was starved for loot for 5 years and is now starting to get items.

Once BDA and Taken dissolve the rotation and take 90% of all Class R mobs it will create a "loot whore" funnel system. This will incentivise bad players to get better and it will incentivise good Class R players to join a Class C guild because with every mob being FFA thee differences between Class R and C will be minimal.

Note.

This funnel system will effectively accomplish the staff's desire for guilds to "rank up" eventually to the competitive class.

http://i.imgur.com/2whTh5F.gif

Swish
02-02-2015, 12:17 PM

Nothing to do with the thought of Class C having to compete with a 3rd set of FTE'ers then.

Have BDA really been loot starved over the past 5 years?

Jfertal
02-02-2015, 12:20 PM

Who the hell actually belives this lol? You actually play this unchallenging game to be better at it then other players? Wouldnt you want to play other games that offer more of a challenge ampungst the player?
Im pretty sure not even 1% of the player base is playing this game for the sole purpose to be better at classic eq then someone. We are here for the joy of the old school feel. While it is fun to have end game gear and be better in slot then others, by vigorously earning through competition, no one can say the reason i log in is to be the best there ever was.

Ravager
02-02-2015, 12:22 PM
Who the hell actually belives this lol? You actually play this unchallenging game to be better at it then other players? Wouldnt you want to play other games that offer more of a challenge ampungst the player?
Im pretty sure not even 1% of the player base is playing this game for the sole purpose to be better at classic eq then someone. We are here for the joy of the old school feel. While it is fun to have end game gear and be better in slot then others, by vigorously earning through competition, no one can say the reason i log in is to be the best there ever was.

Did you even look at the charts?

Tasslehofp99
02-02-2015, 12:27 PM
GM's should just enforce BDA/Taken being moved into class C.

Whoever is left in class R can rotate/compete as they see fit; BDA/Taken are not class R strength guilds. As such, they should be moved into the right class.

Jfertal
02-02-2015, 12:28 PM
Did you even look at the charts?

While i do enjoy almost all posts by tiggles, i just couldnt sot there and agree with that one statement. Chart or no chart!

Blaza
02-02-2015, 12:39 PM

Note.

Note.

That is some quality charting right there.

Tiggles
02-02-2015, 12:54 PM
Nothing to do with the thought of Class C having to compete with a 3rd set of FTE'ers then.

Have BDA really been loot starved over the past 5 years?

We doubt that the "Third Guild" scenario will actually take place. While it would not be an entirely unwelcome outcome we know that the leadership of BDA and Taken and most other guilds are usually the biggest offenders when it comes to being a "Low Effort Raider" or a LFR.

LFRs like Chest and who ever runs A-Team this week actually have a good grasp on the dynamics of the server and their personal success relies on the mass of bad players in their respective guilds thinking they are actually a competent player.

If they moved their guilds upto Class C the membership would immediately see the leaderships vast shortcomings and would migrate to another guild with in months.

Personally, I believe that the leadership of BDA and Taken are dissolving this rotation not for a desire for more loots personally but because if they do not increase the intake of items the core of good players in the guild will start to look elsewhere.

If Chest could surrounded himself with bad players and still kill Trakanon once a month he would. He embraces mediocrity and complacency shuns endeavour and aptitude but he knows that if he does not keep them happy he will be in the same boat as Kittens who say Meow.

He truly is becoming the thing he hates the most.

Samoht
02-02-2015, 01:25 PM
I'm not here to defend chest or anything, but his life could be worse. He could be selling Pokemon cards for a living or some other shit job like that.

Doors
02-02-2015, 01:33 PM
If Tiggles wanted actual competition he would play on the other box. But he doesn't because he's a giant pussy and a no talent hack that sucks at this game.

Mendo
02-02-2015, 01:38 PM
If Tiggles wanted actual competition he would play on the other box. But he doesn't because he's a giant pussy and a no talent hack that sucks at this game.

When I played on the other box a lot of people were using speed hax and what not, That's not the kind of competition I was looking for. I left. Things could be different now but I'm not going to invest my time to find out that the server is still filled with hacking yellow text searching Magic the Gathering players.

Tiggles
02-02-2015, 01:40 PM

I am playing Red i'm almost 40 and I'm working on getting a Ragebringer MQ atm.

Playing on Blue is such a snooze fest when it's not the 2 hours a week i'm racing a guild for mobs.

Ravager
02-02-2015, 02:04 PM
I am playing Red i'm almost 40 and I'm working on getting a Ragebringer MQ atm.

Playing on Blue is such a snooze fest when it's not the 2 hours a week i'm racing a guild for mobs.

You had more fun on blue waiting around four days for a mob to spawn?

Tiggles
02-02-2015, 02:21 PM
You had more fun on blue waiting around four days for a mob to spawn?

Totally, Those poop sock sessions were like packed nights at the Apollo for me. Captive audiences and all.

Kushie
02-02-2015, 03:58 PM
Totally, Those poop sock sessions were like packed nights at the Apollo for me. Captive audiences and all.

It's a shame you're irrelevant outside RnF. You type so many words with no substance.

sanforce
02-02-2015, 04:52 PM
It's a shame you're irrelevant outside RnF. You type so many words with no substance.

lol, you want to talk about a lot of words with no substance? see below

http://galleries.guildlaunch.net/283719/Proposal_21501Pop.png

chief
02-02-2015, 05:35 PM
lmao that doc

GinnasP99
02-03-2015, 02:15 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuYeHPFR3f0