PDA

View Full Version : A glimmer of light

Ella'Ella
01-30-2015, 10:08 PM
I accidentally traded 15k away to the wrong person earlier today without logs on and without realizing who I was trading.

Coulomb shortly after sent me a tell saying that I must have made a mistake and just gave him 15k. He immediately returned it to me and in turn I let him keep some of it to get him started.

The guy just started playing a bard on this server and I couldn't be more pleased to see someone with some character join us on blue.

If you guys are feeling generous, maybe show him some generosity. These are the kinds of people we'd want here.

Thanks again, Coulomb - you need anything, feel free to /t Unbrella or PM me here.

Cecily
01-30-2015, 10:09 PM
This wouldn't happen on red.

kevoh
01-30-2015, 10:13 PM
You're right, because TunnelQuest doesnt exist on red.

Nuggie
01-30-2015, 10:19 PM
Good chap.

Argh
01-30-2015, 10:19 PM
You didn't let him keep the 15k? Have a fucking heart.

Jouissance
01-30-2015, 10:39 PM
You should've heard the skype conversation about this scenario. I told him to log off and take the money, he called me an asshole and gave all the money back.

Some people are just born with hearts of gold. Thanks for getting him going, I sincerely appreciate it, he's a dear friend and total noob.

planarity
01-30-2015, 10:45 PM
Truly Inspiring! If the state of the community is so poor that a completely typical honest interaction between reasonable people should seem notable enough to make a forum post about it, then it's not an exaggeration to call this a true glimmer of light! More people should strive to meet the high bar for honesty and integrity set by Unbrella and this fellow.

HallyVee
01-30-2015, 10:52 PM
Another possibility is he simply wished to earn it himself. Had to refuse a Ykesha thingy and lots of plat first time I logged on.

Ella'Ella
01-30-2015, 11:16 PM
Truly Inspiring! If the state of the community is so poor that a completely typical honest interaction between reasonable people should seem notable enough to make a forum post about it, then it's not an exaggeration to call this a true glimmer of light! More people should strive to meet the high bar for honesty and integrity set by Unbrella and this fellow.

There's no doubt in my mind that you would have done the same as Coulomb. Come back and make that faint glimmer a beacon!

Actually, I don't think the state of the server is so poor that this is necessarily commendation worthy. I do feel that with sub-forums like RnF, the good on this server can easily be overlooked.

Coulomb
01-30-2015, 11:19 PM
I kept asking my friend why he was giving me 15k from his mule, until he said "uh, that's not me", LOL. Luckily I remembered the name of who gave it to me! Good times, good times. Make sure to pick up the fishing grubs everyone :D

Jfertal
01-31-2015, 12:25 AM
Give him the 15k

Clark
01-31-2015, 03:21 AM
This wouldn't happen on red.

Ereni
01-31-2015, 03:36 AM

You're so romantic!

Erydan Ouragan
01-31-2015, 04:12 AM
Whether its 15k plat or 15 copper, some people are just honest and have integrity, the amount doesn't matter. I'm one of those. You could hand me a bag full of manastones and fugis, don't care, not mine.

/salute to Coulomb

Taffan
01-31-2015, 04:38 AM
What a cool dude. I honestly dunno if I would of done the same thing if I was just starting out, dudes got some heart.

stakha
01-31-2015, 05:41 AM
Good name on him as well

Swish
01-31-2015, 07:46 AM
I accidentally traded 15k away to the wrong person earlier today without logs on and without realizing who I was trading.

Coulomb shortly after sent me a tell saying that I must have made a mistake and just gave him 15k. He immediately returned it to me and in turn I let him keep some of it to get him started.

The guy just started playing a bard on this server and I couldn't be more pleased to see someone with some character join us on blue.

If you guys are feeling generous, maybe show him some generosity. These are the kinds of people we'd want here.

Thanks again, Coulomb - you need anything, feel free to /t Unbrella or PM me here.

2 accidents there, the one where he hit "trade" to take it... good luck Coulomb, may people be as forgiving as you were when you accidentally pull a mob on them or walk into a camp you thought was open :)

myriverse
01-31-2015, 08:11 AM
Well, now I don't feel so stupid.

The other day, the guy ahead of me was doing a Western Union thing and left a $100-bill just lying on the counter. I foolishly turned it in.

Nah... still feel as stupid.

Pheer
01-31-2015, 11:51 AM

Takes a lot of money to bribe someone out of the guise they won at a gm event, hes gotta keep the bank account healthy

KorafRN
01-31-2015, 02:07 PM
Give him a bard epic!

zanderklocke
01-31-2015, 02:18 PM
I remember I accidentally traded money to some random guy instead of Eabon during a transfer. When I logged over, Eabon asked when I was giving him the money. Doh. I petitioned to just figure out who it was. The guy seemed totally oblivious a few weeks later, but he did give me the money back.

Pretty lucky.

Kimm Bare|y
01-31-2015, 02:57 PM
You're right, because TunnelQuest doesnt exist on red.

Cecily
01-31-2015, 03:23 PM
thatsthejoke.jpg

Swish
01-31-2015, 06:12 PM
thatsthejoke.jpg

http://media.giphy.com/media/rrPOV6ApogaRy/giphy.gif

Toodles
02-01-2015, 07:15 PM
+1 for half decent scam.

uygi
02-02-2015, 01:25 PM
Thinly veiled RMT transfers.

maskedmelon
02-02-2015, 01:46 PM
Bravo Cols ^^ I normally send the person trading me a tell asking why they are giving me the stuff before accepting a trade, or just hit cancel and shoot them a tell to be careful if I am in a hurry.

Accepting and then returning is probably more helpful though because it teaches a lesson that is more likely remembered ^^ I remember I once received my items back less profits after errantly selling selling them in my shop ( different game) for 1/10 their fmv. It took a couple hours of chat to get sway the buyer, but in the end he was a gentleman and I got my stffs back^^ always triple check values, names and items ever since ^^

Uuruk
02-02-2015, 04:03 PM

You are the scummiest no life faggot on the server hands down.

Jouissance
02-02-2015, 04:06 PM
You are the scummiest no life faggot on the server hands down.

Is this par for the course?

Lictor
02-02-2015, 06:32 PM
Thinly veiled RMT transfers.

My first thoughts, well second. First was poor noob didn't know just to keep it.

Stormfists
02-03-2015, 05:06 AM
Wonder how long it takes for you to poopsock him in return for his kindness...