PDA

View Full Version : Ogre frontal stun immunity lost if you use Amulet of Necropotence

Littlegyno 13.0
01-19-2015, 09:16 PM
Hello,

Currently, if you are an ogre and you use an illusion (dark elf mask, AON, illusion pot) you lose your frontal stun immunity. Trolls and iksars do not suffer when they use an illusion as they keep their race innate regeneration abilities.

Anybody else agree ogres should have their frontal stun immunity when in illusion form? I remember it being this way on live. No solid prof tho.

Nirgon
01-19-2015, 09:17 PM
Tatami (ogre warrior in peacebreakers) used his Dark Elf illusion all the time to tank

heartbrand
01-19-2015, 11:25 PM
pretty sure DE illusion does NOT remove fonrtal stun on p99

evilkorn
01-20-2015, 12:50 AM
Pretty sure it should though.

Nirgon
01-22-2015, 10:06 PM
troll illusion does give hp regen

I think large race illusions also give/should give slam? Prob not confused thinkin bout dat 1

Origin
01-23-2015, 04:57 AM
Ogre stun immunity is maintained through dark elf illusion.

eisley
01-26-2015, 11:40 AM
This got me thinking... remember the people who made corpses, typically monks, warriors, & shamen, then deleted their characters, rerolled Iksar with same name and looted the corpses? Guise lowered your client AC. I believe the ability to do this was nerfed.

I still remember fighting a sonic bat in SolB, dinging 50 from group exp, and BAM, machine gun fists.

As I recall from parses, Iksars had far greater avoidance - bash still interrupted shamen for example, but Iksar were hit by far less bashes. That said, being an Iksar was more important on small group scale - everything was beaten with any race tank. Yet, my near perfect-gear Shadowknight got taken to the woodshed by Velketor or Eashan. I wanted to believe :(

Ezalor
01-26-2015, 02:20 PM
troll illusion does give hp regen

I think large race illusions also give/should give slam? Prob not confused thinkin bout dat 1

To clarify, using Troll: Illusion only gives you +1 hp/tic in regeneration. And yes, it also gives the Slam ability.

Currently, Ogres are retaining Frontal Stun Immunity through illusions. However, I am not sure that this was how it was in classic. Can anyone confirm?

Ezalor
01-26-2015, 06:13 PM
Thanks for posting what we already know. Need proof that this was how it was in classic.

Bodybagger
01-27-2015, 01:37 PM
No, you need proof it is nonclassic, not vice versa. Burden of proof on changing it if you want to see change implemented.

As Metallikus stated, unless anyone cites incident of it not working as he described, it is currently working as it did in classic. So he isn't saying naything needs changing or is broken.

Original post claims Ogres using illusions are losing frontal stun immunity. This would be non classic and need correction and possibly need proof though I think enough Ogres used illusions to just debunk that being classic by recollection, and the mechanics similarly do not apply to other racials, per troll/iksar innate regen not being removed in dark elf, halflings not losing hide/sneak in illusion, etc. etc.

SamwiseRed
01-31-2015, 09:08 PM
yes it is currently working as intended and as classic.

when u turn into a troll or ogre or barbarian, you gain the ability to slam

when you turn from a troll/ogre/barb into something else, you lose the ability to slam

when you turn from troll/iksar to skelly or dark elf, you do not lose your massive regen

when you turn into a troll/iksar you gain +1 regen

when you turn into an ogre, you do not gain frontal stun immunity

when you turn into something else from ogre, you do not lose front stun immunity

move on.

pretty sure illusion iksar does not give hp regen. only troll. nerd.

dali_lb
03-24-2015, 07:40 AM
nope. iksar illusion don't add regen. only troll does.

Not 100% sure, but think it did add regen on live.

jibekn
04-20-2015, 10:06 AM
over a year ago they changed all illusions to be nothing but mere illusions, no stats changes anymore period.