PDA

View Full Version : Red99: what do you want to see happen in the guild scene?

Videri
01-16-2015, 08:17 PM
Feel free to leave comments. What do you want to see happen in regard to guilds here on Red99? What concerns or doubts do you have about guilds and raiding here? What niche(s) do you see that need to be filled by new guilds?

Swish
01-16-2015, 08:26 PM
http://i.imgur.com/VixbY.gif

Stuff like item loot would be great, but that needs to be something added on the opening night, not years down the line.

Happy that we got YT ;)

An extra strong contender guild would be great. If there was a Euro guild here I'd be totally happy :)

Colgate
01-16-2015, 09:11 PM
i would be happy to see azrael GONE

Humerox
01-16-2015, 11:36 PM
http://i.imgur.com/VixbY.gif

Stuff like item loot would be great, but that needs to be something added on the opening night, not years down the line.

Happy that we got YT ;)

An extra strong contender guild would be great. If there was a Euro guild here I'd be totally happy :)

<Tribe> is euro. Not a lot of members yet tho

krazyGlue
01-17-2015, 12:25 AM
i would be happy to see azrael GONE

Do you have something you wana talk about pal ? I have a box of tissues you can have

Videri
01-17-2015, 11:54 AM
Bump! Need greater sample size. Red players new and old are invited to participate in this poll! I hope the resulting info will have a positive effect on guild PvP.

Note that it's a private poll, so no one will question you or target you because of your answer.

Also, 2 people have put "other" so far. What options/demographics did I miss in the original poll?? Maybe people who are unguilded but not looking to join a guild and just want to do solo/group PvP? Or are those blue players that decided to participate in the poll?

heartbrand
01-17-2015, 03:47 PM
I wish there were more large guilds interested in PVP over pve, but without the toxicity and retardation. id like to see multiple 60v60v60 fights.

harnold
01-17-2015, 03:52 PM
I'd like to see the red server shut down for an alternate ruleset pve server

SamwiseRed
01-17-2015, 04:32 PM
Don't care about the guild situation here. It'll always be the same. Waiting for dat hardcoded SZ emu to one day launch. Or a better game to come out.

Big_Japan
01-17-2015, 05:16 PM
i like that the only "unguilded" option assumes i want to spergraid

bloobs

Sapphiay
01-17-2015, 06:40 PM
pvp with larger guilds, really interested in pvp? get Nihilum back to server if you dare *g*

Videri
01-17-2015, 07:56 PM
i like that the only "unguilded" option assumes i want to spergraid

bloobs

You mean there should be an option like "I am unguilded and content to PvP as such without raiding"? Or what do you mean exactly?

I thought raiding is necessary to get the best gear in order to excel in PvP at levels 46-60. Is that not the case?

Videri
01-17-2015, 07:57 PM
I wish there were more large guilds interested in PVP over pve, but without the toxicity and retardation. id like to see multiple 60v60v60 fights.

Hi Heartbrand, how would you summarize the current guild scene in contrast to what you envision?

Platexchange
01-17-2015, 08:47 PM
The harsh reality is in the numbers. On vz for example when we had around 3000 players there were 5 raid guilds that could field up to 100 players. I was involved in a 75v75v75 in plane of tactics w defiant zephyros and ancient dawn. Shit lasted over am hour, but that's beside the point. 500 hardcore "raiders" who contested mobs was about 18 percent of the server, with the rest lower tier guilds doing lesser content or casuals.

With 60 to 80 raiding on r99 on a 300 person server it is about right in comparison. The harsh reality is we need more players to have more raiders.

EQsale
01-17-2015, 08:59 PM
May i ask is there a guild on red that acually /randoms loots to people who showed up for the kill rather then the whole bias dkp systems or loot counsil bs on red if so please tell me the name.

heartbrand
01-17-2015, 09:02 PM
Hi Heartbrand, how would you summarize the current guild scene in contrast to what you envision?

You have two large PvE oriented guilds at the moment, fresh and holocaust. By PVE oriented I don't mean they dislike pve but rather that their goal is to be a guild capable of downing all content at any time, open recruitment, helping new members etc. You then have a third guild who is basically uninterested in recruitment and newer players, and is content sniping mobs they need. Because they refuse to recruit they will never be able to truly compete on a mass pvp scale, so resort to guerrilla warfare.

The pvp I enjoy most is the huge epic battles involving triple digits in a zone. I fear that azrael prevents a lot of these from happening by keeping people chained to the guild who feel committed out of loyalty to stay with their current team. I'm hoping fresh will eventually compete next, but right now they seem to be a feeder guild. I think red desperately needs a strong guild leader from blue to come over with a core and build up over here. The pop is on the rise and now with the exp bonus is the time to get ready for Velious gains.

Humerox
01-17-2015, 09:46 PM
Fresh has lost two or three people to Holo over the last several weeks
that doesn't make them a feeder guild, some people want seemingly easier pixels...except that the larger Holo gets
the harder it is for individuals to win pixels...they would have been better off to stay Fresh

Fresh has a strong core and good people. Rome wasn't built overnight

Feanol
01-18-2015, 02:04 AM
You have two large PvE oriented guilds at the moment, fresh and holocaust. By PVE oriented I don't mean they dislike pve but rather that their goal is to be a guild capable of downing all content at any time, open recruitment, helping new members etc. You then have a third guild who is basically uninterested in recruitment and newer players, and is content sniping mobs they need. Because they refuse to recruit they will never be able to truly compete on a mass pvp scale, so resort to guerrilla warfare.

The pvp I enjoy most is the huge epic battles involving triple digits in a zone. I fear that azrael prevents a lot of these from happening by keeping people chained to the guild who feel committed out of loyalty to stay with their current team. I'm hoping fresh will eventually compete next, but right now they seem to be a feeder guild. I think red desperately needs a strong guild leader from blue to come over with a core and build up over here. The pop is on the rise and now with the exp bonus is the time to get ready for Velious gains.

/clap

Mac Drettj
01-18-2015, 11:59 AM
Any guilds with fair loot distro?

Humerox
01-18-2015, 06:04 PM
fresh is about as fair as it gets. they nbg and rolls are done if you're there. a lot of planes stuff has rotted because the right classes weren't there to loot

0 people in fresh complain over the loot system

Videri
01-21-2015, 01:39 AM
Interesting. At this point, 33 players have participated in this poll. I'm not sure if this is a representative sample of Red99 population (and, bear in mind, it's only forum-goers), but it's all I have to go on at the moment. To summarize:

Over half (52%) of the 33 players said they are sticking with their current guild.

2 players (6%) have said they are here for other aspects of EQ anyway, rather than for guild PvP. I wonder if they're into solo PvP mugging, or just PvE, or what.

4 mysterious "none of the above."

And, counting the first three responses together, 10 players (30%) said they'd be interested in joining a promising new guild. If almost a third of Red players are hungry for a strong contender guild, then new guilds should have a good chance of attracting members.

Videri
01-21-2015, 01:51 AM
The harsh reality is in the numbers. On vz for example when we had around 3000 players there were 5 raid guilds that could field up to 100 players. I was involved in a 75v75v75 in plane of tactics w defiant zephyros and ancient dawn. Shit lasted over am hour, but that's beside the point. 500 hardcore "raiders" who contested mobs was about 18 percent of the server, with the rest lower tier guilds doing lesser content or casuals.

With 60 to 80 raiding on r99 on a 300 person server it is about right in comparison. The harsh reality is we need more players to have more raiders.

Ah. Good points. Thanks for the perspective. Maybe there aren't enough players to sustain a healthy number of guilds.

With 60 to 80 raiding on r99 on a 300 person server

I thought Red recently reached 300 players online at one time, which would indicate a player base even higher than that (surely not every single player was online at once). I wonder how many players have logged in in the last 30 days.

The next question is, how do we foster a larger population here on Red?

Videri
01-21-2015, 02:04 AM
You have two large PvE oriented guilds at the moment, fresh and holocaust. By PVE oriented I don't mean they dislike pvp but rather that their goal is to be a guild capable of downing all content at any time, open recruitment, helping new members etc. You then have a third guild who is basically uninterested in recruitment and newer players, and is content sniping mobs they need. Because they refuse to recruit they will never be able to truly compete on a mass pvp scale, so resort to guerrilla warfare.
And that would be <Azrael>, I presume.

So you're saying there are no PvP-oriented guilds currently recruiting?? On Red server??? Sounds like a niche waiting to be filled...

And by the way, I think you missed <Suave>. But that's still only ONE guild recruiting with intention to contest.

Praise the population increase. And may there be ever more players to play with and guilds to choose from.

The pvp I enjoy most is the huge epic battles involving triple digits in a zone.
By all the Gods, that sounds epic!!! I hope to see that myself.

I think red desperately needs a strong guild leader from blue to come over with a core and build up over here. The pop is on the rise and now with the exp bonus is the time to get ready for Velious gains.
Perhaps a Blue savior will come. Though I think those of us interested in contesting content and experiencing large-scale PvP should get together and make it happen.

Anybody reading this who's looking for that kind of PvP action, send me a message so we can start playing together.

laowllol
01-21-2015, 04:38 AM
I am unguilded, I would like to see humble, and/or limited role-playing guilds who focus on mid-lvl-pvp.

By humble I mean, the guild doesn't promote itself as the next top pvp, top raiding, and/or solution to the current top two to guilds. This is basically the opposite of Suave's arrogant pixel dreams (a variation of pipe dream) and the relentless defense or slander of all yellow text in ooc. That shit is so annoying when it goes beyond "pras".

By limited role playing I mean that the guild recruits based on faction (light / dark / neutral) and pvps based on alignment, but does not require members to say stuff like "Let the Light of Mithaniel Marr banish you evil foe!" or "Me empty, me want eats gnome or halfer for lunch." That just isn't the average red players cup of tea. It's not hard coded, and hard coded teams are not needed to have faction based pvp.

How about a neutral faction guild that acts as a vigilante law enforcement against "toxic" players. IMHO if you are getting "greifed" you are doing something wrong or taking this game way too seriously. However so many new player simply don't read LnS rules and just get upset and quit to quickly. It's unfortunate but whiners are going to whine, so why not try to hold their hands and show them that pvp is good times win or lose. Why rely on rules and petitioning and the limited time of staff? The community should be able to support new players without whining and running to the few folks who care and wield the ban hammers.

Sorry for the wall of text, but that unguilded option about raiding is not my concern nor goal. I would like to see more mid level pvp, since I really do not want to raid, and the 300 population is too few or too focused on end game fantasies for what I see as fun. So there are my 2 cps.

Now here is my complaining wall of text:

I've played on this server since 2012, played on VZ/TZ emu before that. Admittedly I never played pvp live before the Zek merged server, so I never got to experience faction teams or player enforced rules. I didn't start playing eq until about Luclin.

I love EQ, fucking love it, and I only ever leave because RL doesn't allow me to poopsock everyday all day. If I leave, I will always return at some point as long as this server exists. I don't have a lvl 50+ neckbeard, and there is enough content to satisfy me without raiding.

You all act like you got to rush to the raiding scene to have any fun, and then you bitch and moan when you and your pals ain't getting pixels. All this appears to lead to forum/ooc flame wars, delvled epiced twinks, more rules, and more bans.

Its your whiny neck beards and dick holding that keeps the population growth at a minimum. Everyone settle down, hold hands with your enemies from time to time, its just a 15 year old game after all, stop acting like guild tag means everything, and then we can make this the best Norrath it has ever been.

I motion to start <Precious Little Snowflakes> high elf only guild, wood elves and light class gnomes considered, but I won't be the leader some other white night will have to take that responsibility.

Bodybagger
01-21-2015, 11:09 AM
<Flowers of Happiness> DGAF.

Milton
01-21-2015, 05:09 PM
Would like to see all of the various cliques I hear about in holo split into smaller factions for the remainder of kunark, they can totally reunite when that drops but it would be a lot of fun for the next few months if we had ~10 guilds all capable of downing mobs with small numbers.

HippoNipple
01-21-2015, 06:26 PM
Would like to see all of the various cliques I hear about in holo split into smaller factions for the remainder of kunark, they can totally reunite when that drops but it would be a lot of fun for the next few months if we had ~10 guilds all capable of downing mobs with small numbers.

Communist alert.

dontbanpls
01-21-2015, 06:34 PM
I'd like to see more people making their own guilds happen by focusing on their own guild instead of what anyone else is doing.

ExedOut
01-21-2015, 06:42 PM
You're interpretation of Suave is all wrong. I'm not claiming at all that we will contest or be in the mix to be a big name guild. Would I enjoy that? Of course.. Is that a reality at this point? No. We do what we can with the playerbase we have and I believe everyone in the guild understands and accepts that. We have no batphone, we have no sperglords, and we have no affiliation to azrael despite what the holo trolls claim. Our teamspeak is Bella laid back and were a chill group of guys to hang with. Pixel gains are already coming in as we have epics and our first raid last night. Great group of guys all around IMO and I hope people stick it out and we continue to grow. Suave crooting~

Infectious
02-01-2015, 01:22 PM
May i ask is there a guild on red that acually /randoms loots to people who showed up for the kill rather then the whole bias dkp systems or loot counsil bs on red if so please tell me the name.
Trash drops should be rolled on... Anything else should have a loot council. Once velious comes... People gona get real butt hurt when the top guild gears the shit out of 2-3 tanks while all other melee suffer.

gobletsmashing
02-01-2015, 01:44 PM
Trash drops should be rolled on... Anything else should have a loot council. Once velious comes... People gona get real butt hurt when the top guild gears the shit out of 2-3 tanks while all other melee suffer.

Hopefully that'll shake up the guild scene a little.

derpcake
02-02-2015, 11:44 AM
I'd like a guild purge for all guilds smaller then 20 real, seperate players.

Start banning those that insist on recreating shitty guilds that were rightfully purged.

People that are scared to play under a real tag can go blue.

Videri
02-02-2015, 01:26 PM
Hopefully that'll shake up the guild scene a little.

I hope Velious has that very effect! Since each guild has access to a limited pool of loot per raid, and competitive guilds will want to ensure their key members have top gear, not all characters will get as much loot as they want. That will create an incentive for people to form and join more new guilds. I'll pras that.

Ando
02-17-2015, 08:22 PM
Really shitty Suave just merged with Azrael. The variety on this server keeps going down. Unfortunately, with Holocaust taking anything that breaths (which I can attest to after seeing some of their new recruits whom I leveled up with), I bet both Suave and Az felt it was necessary in order to combat Holo's zerg-like numbers.

How it appears to me on the outside is the vast majority of Holo members, at least the new ones, are interested almost solely in pixels and PVE, not PVP or multiple guilds that can actually contest.

When I talk to other people in their high 40s / low 50s shopping for guilds almost every single one says "Holo, so I can get my epic". That's pretty fucking shitty if there is only one guild out there people view as an option.

Just like Sirken said I think in order to keep the health of the server up Holo needs to cut down on recruitment - maybe that will help create other guilds that can compete, instead of getting rid of them.

This is not Blue.

Jadian
02-19-2015, 08:15 PM
Anything else. Only options available are fucking horrible. Zerg with no character, group of elitist assholes, or people who have no clue what they're doing.

Colgate
02-19-2015, 08:30 PM
holocaust probably has the most character and personality of any of the guilds on the server

iiNGloriouS
02-19-2015, 08:39 PM
Weta is the gemstone of Holo. He has more character than most guilds.

Jadian
02-22-2015, 07:58 PM
Sorry it's hard sifting through 80 people to find the one with personality. Pretty weird seeing how you guys enjoy the end game here. Sad that Nihilum was better than any of the current options, considering the leaders.