PDA

View Full Version : anyone hear the bs with eq2 / eq2x?

Fairwell
09-20-2010, 12:32 PM
just curious what you think. i know that I'm seeking this venue now because of it.

gintu01
09-20-2010, 12:35 PM
Care to elaborate, kind sir?

Myrkskog
09-20-2010, 12:36 PM
Unless you are paying the $15/month subscription on the free server, you are so gimped it's not even worth playing. In other news the game itself is not bad now(if you can get over the terrible combat spamming), and a run on AB, the only populated server, might be worth a go.

Fairwell
09-20-2010, 12:39 PM
well they built eq2x, which is a pile of shit. It is basically take the free trial away from eq2 and making a ftp game with eq2x BUT, eq2x limits the player dramtically. like less everythign from gold to caht to races. u have to pay a 200 dollar up front fee to be able to get the content and features you got on live for the 14.99. and people who want to transfer from live to eq2x have to pay 35 dollars. and those who have active supscriptions get the "gold" treatment meaning they only get 4 races instead of 13 or 14. and get many restrictions placed on there account. They are bottleknecking the live servers to die so everyone has to go to the eq2x servers. as well as making it difficult for players on eq2x to go to eq2. Pretty much money grabbing, backstabbing asshole of a company is doing everything in its power to MIND/BUTT fuck players into dishing out more cash for content they already paid for, and earned.

Fairwell
09-20-2010, 12:39 PM
not to mention have fucking bad the graphics is now since game update 57.

Taxi
09-20-2010, 12:43 PM
News @ 11: SOE is a bunch of money grubbing bastards. I gave some thought of trying that and LOTRO but after seeing the charts about how they gimp f2p, not gonna happen.

I remember in EQ2 where to use the auction, youd have to have 2 accounts because you couldnt use the auction thingie while you were "logged off" from it, and the server would log you off after 30mins or so, so you couldnt leave the comp on while u slept. Meaning, sub 2 accounts sucker and alt-tab to move the mouse around every 30mins if you wanna use the auction house.

Oh, and how can you forget pwning yourself in the face while crafting and losing 2 hours of combat xp.

Fairwell
09-20-2010, 12:45 PM
sigh,i like how hard it was its just i cant understand how they could literally fuck there player base like that. I know you get hard-up for cash but why not advertise. fuck eq2 owns wow by a long shot, but why dont they have a bigger player base? I UNNO BECAUSE NO ONE FUCKING KNOWS EQ EXISTS.

Taxi
09-20-2010, 12:47 PM
sigh,i like how hard it was its just i cant understand how they could literally fuck there player base like that. I know you get hard-up for cash but why not advertise. fuck eq2 owns wow by a long shot, but why dont they have a bigger player base? I UNNO BECAUSE NO ONE FUCKING KNOWS EQ EXISTS.

lol i played EQ2 in november 2004, when it launched. I played a month and never subbed, it was so bad. I rolled a cleric thinking id play carebear for fun since i missed that in EQ1 and i discover that the only way for me to heal somebody else is if he forfeits his xp towards that mob. Wait, what? It was just so fucking terribad. I tried WoW a couple of months later and played for like 3 months, it was a much better game than EQ2 was.

Taxi
09-20-2010, 12:50 PM
The reason why EQ2 never took off, is that SOE are a bunch of money grubbing bastards, and that by only caring about money, they lost sight that games are about having fun. So WoW won hands down, cuz it was fun (for a while) and EQ2 sucked.

Nedala
09-20-2010, 12:56 PM
EQ2 is much different now from what is was in the beginning.

Whoever said AB is the only populated server is wrong.

Nagafen (pvp) server is the most populated server in eq2, and its well crowded. Maybe overcrowded.

PvP is not bad, and the raiding is very good. But the newest expansion is not that good imo, its just a bit too small. But its not that bad either. All of you "i played it in the beginning and it was awful" cant really argue about eq2 anymore, its a different game now.

However, the "free" server is completely worthless trash.

Velious will come out in eq2 in february and it looks pretty good. Kunark was an awesome expansion in eq2 as well as faydwer, so i hope to they as a good job with velious.

Any yeah agree with Fairwell EQ2 owns wow easily.

Sorry taxi all i read from you is complete bullshit, what you talking about crafting and auctioning shows me you have absolutely no idea about eq2.

Taxi
09-20-2010, 12:58 PM
Sorry taxi all i read from you is complete bullshit, what you talking about crafting and auctioning shows me you have absolutely no idea about eq2.

So, you dont think its a fact that you needed 2 accounts to use the auction back in november 2004? Or that you could die easily from crafting and lose an hour or 2 of combat xp? That there was a lock on healing that prevented you to drive-by heal unless the guy in trouble forfeited the xp he was about to get from that mob?

Elaborate or shut the fuck up, because i was there at launch

Taxi
09-20-2010, 01:01 PM
Oh, you meant in 2004! *slaps forehead* allrite sorry taxi, ill read the fucking post next time before looking like a dumbass

Nazran
09-20-2010, 01:05 PM
Everquest Next will fix all problems....

Nedala
09-20-2010, 01:24 PM
So, you dont think its a fact that you needed 2 accounts to use the auction back in november 2004? Or that you could die easily from crafting and lose an hour or 2 of combat xp? That there was a lock on healing that prevented you to drive-by heal unless the guy in trouble forfeited the xp he was about to get from that mob?

Elaborate or shut the fuck up, because i was there at launch

who the fuck cares how it was in 2004?

And you had to be really bad crafter to die of it seriously and you NEVER lost exp from deads in eq2.
Also what you talk about healing is complete bullshit, i dont even get it. but healing was normal all the time.

And anyway, nobody cares how it was back then.

Nedala
09-20-2010, 01:25 PM
And also you never needed 2 accounts to auction, wtf you talking about lolol.

Taxi
09-20-2010, 01:28 PM
who the fuck cares how it was in 2004?

And you had to be really bad crafter to die of it seriously and you NEVER lost exp from deads in eq2.
Also what you talk about healing is complete bullshit, i dont even get it. but healing was normal all the time.

And anyway, nobody cares how it was back then.

I was talking about why WoW took off and why didnt EQ2 take off, you moron. Hence the 2004 talk because EQ2 launched in november 2004 and it was left to cough in WoWs dust simply because EQ2 sucked ass and WoW was a much better game. You dont get what im talking about, when i talk about the locks on heals because you talk faster than your brain thinks. Healing in EQ2 in 2004 sucked so much ass that just playing WoW for a bit was like "lol, no brainer" on which game was better.

Taxi
09-20-2010, 01:31 PM
And also you never needed 2 accounts to auction, wtf you talking about lolol.

You admit you dont understand what im talking about when i say heals were locked, so it means you never played in 2004 so it means youre not allowed to talk like you know what youre talking about regarding how auction functionned back in november 2004.

Nedala
09-20-2010, 01:35 PM
WoW took of because it made good advertisment unlike eq2 IMO. Also because it was way easier back then and all the kiddys like it the easy way.

And you still talk a lot of bullshit about auctioning and exp loss. Whatever, im done arguing with you, you have no clue about this game, and you make yourself look like a nerdrage idiot.

And i dont care which game was better back then.

Taxi
09-20-2010, 01:39 PM
And you still talk a lot of bullshit about auctioning and exp loss. Whatever, im done arguing with you, you have no clue about this game, and you make yourself look like a nerdrage idiot.

And i dont care which game was better back then.

To use the auction, you had to be logged into it. To sell something, logged into it. Basically meaning you needed 2 accounts if you wanted to play and sell things at the same time.

You lost xp, when you died crafting in EQII, back in november 2004. Stfu you will look like an idiot i promise.

Bones
09-20-2010, 01:40 PM
Everquest Next will fix all problems....
I hope so, it does look really interesting.

Weekapaug
09-20-2010, 06:58 PM
I was in beta, played on release for 6 months as well as off and on in the years since...

You never lost exp for anything in EQ2. You could get "exp debt" with the little red bar deal on the exp bar that would slow down future exp gain as part of the death penalty, but you never lost exp like you did in EQ.

By the way most of the stuff that sucked at release they eventually tuned, tweaked, fixed, nerfed, etc. The game was WAY too locked down then but after a couple of years of tweaking and re-addressing design issues and a few expansions that opened the world up for all levels, it lost the "on rails" feeling and was a super fun game. I loved the AA system, myself, just to name something off the top of my head. If I had a choice between EQ2 and WoW I'd be in EQ2 without a doubt. But then, if I had to choose between EQ2 and Vanguard I'd probably go with Vanguard.

It's been a couple years since I've been on EQ2....what is this EQ2x?

Nedala
09-20-2010, 09:01 PM
You never lost exp for anything in EQ2. You could get "exp debt" with the little red bar deal on the exp bar that would slow down future exp gain as part of the death penalty, but you never lost exp like you did in EQ.

Thank you :D

It's been a couple years since I've been on EQ2....what is this EQ2x?

Afaik its a "free" server but if you wanna have acces to the whole game you will have to purchase things.

Like when you dont pay anything you only can choose from 4 classes, and such, so basicly a worthless crap server.

Here is a list for what you will have to pay and what you get for free:

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2010/07/eq2membershiplarge.jpg

sux bad imo, you'd rather stick with a normal server, considering the amount of idiots that will play on a free eq2 server too.

Fawqueue
09-20-2010, 11:01 PM
EQ2 has definetely reached the time for retirement. Looking to Ever-next to get this franchise back on course. No matter what the state of EQ2 now..for the first year (at least) it was horribad. Little islands of enjoyment surrounded by tedious masses of boredom is how it's described best. And nowadays, if you want your MMO to make it, you need to hook them with a great game from the beginning. Vanguard, EQ2, and countless others are prime examples of how NOT to succeed like warcraft has.

So anyway, lets support EQ next and hope they'll listen to a little player input before it's too late!

Tork
09-20-2010, 11:26 PM
Knowing how the supplier industry loves metrics, even if they are bad metrics, it's easy to see how even playing without ever purchasing anything is considered an F2P success - they just didn't have the right offerings or price points, both of which can be adjusted.

So, the take away becomes if you don't like the F2P model - and more importantly don't want it in EQN - don't support EQ2x.

Just my opinion.

Fairwell
09-21-2010, 02:46 AM
i think eq2x just is terrible, and i wont support it in any way or fashion hence the me leaving and finding something like this.

fastboy21
09-21-2010, 05:38 AM
i don't understand...eq2 is a pay to play game (monthly sub) and you are complaining that they opened up parts of the game for free (with optional purchases, instead of monthly sub)?

i don't play eq2 anymore, and my only knowledge of eq2x is from this thread. am i missing something?

from this thread, i don't see what is so bad about it. you still have the option to go with the monthly sub (like most MMOs), but they are giving you another option also. It sounds like an extended "trial" period---which is probably a good thing if I understand it.

explain more pls.

Hildatoon
09-21-2010, 09:25 AM
explain more pls.

http://everquest2.com/free_to_play/game_overview?cid=EM3819&_mid=3819&_rid=3819.4101.52509

BlackBellamy
09-21-2010, 01:36 PM
So even with the fucking PLATINUM membership, you STILL have to pay to play anything but Human, Erudite, Barbarian, and Half-Elf?

Wow, what a load of cock-shit.

Wizerud
09-21-2010, 01:38 PM
Well they're just trying to hook people is all. For anyone who's played the game before of course it's gonna suck. But if only 5-10% of those who try the f2p server and end up subbing or giving soe money thru cash transactions it'll be considered a win. After all it can't have cost them too much in development or overhead to maintain.

Grzzly
09-21-2010, 11:24 PM

Uh, why in the hell would you say that? I have long since quit WoW, but I still would never say EQ2 is better than WoW, because I believe that's straight up bullshit. They tried to make EQ2 as much like WoW as possible and it really is just an inferior version of WoW. The only things that are better is the wider variety of races and classes. That's why EQ2 is dead and WoW has 12 million subscribers.

Davionx
09-22-2010, 03:31 PM
eq2 is in pretty bad shape right now, no challenging heroic content at all, no challenging solo content and to raid properly "high-end" you need to devote 4-5 days of your life to do so.

Battlegrounds are getting a few changes soon, such as toughness "dmg reduction" is being set to a lower cap 30% "instead of 40%" and it takes more toughness to reach that 30%.

I'm still sub'd to eq2 pretty much only for random battlegrounds since my class is really stong in that environment.

But I cannot recommend eq2 to anyone because SoE is dumbing the game down every chance they get.