PDA

View Full Version : Invis/sahauri's sonorous clouding (bard invis) stacking issue

Not Sure
12-10-2014, 11:00 PM
So, I'm not sure where the issue is in this, the way it stacks or the song overwriting invis, but there seems to be an issue. If you attempt to invis while the bard song invis is on, it returns the "you are already invisible" message. If you already have an invisibility spell on when the song begins, the song will not overwrite the spell, so they'll stack. However once the bard song fades, it is as if the spell also faded, you appear with the spell effect still listed in your buffs.

Ele
12-11-2014, 11:23 AM
Also happens with Selo's Song of Travel.

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124974

Daldaen
12-11-2014, 11:26 AM
It's classic.

Same reason a Rapture or Dazzle will end prematurely if a bard mez was also on and wears off.

The game doesn't like bards. Until it comes to kiting and resists

falkun
12-15-2014, 03:54 PM
Same reason a Rapture or Dazzle will end prematurely if a bard mez was also on and wears off.

You sure these are the same? I was under the impression only ONE mez effect can be active at a time, and all bard mezzes overwrite ENC mezzes (the same way an ENC can overwrite his own mezzes by casting a lower level version one). I'm pretty sure ENC's get a "your mez has worn off" message if I overwrite with bard mez, and I can test on my own ENC overwriting my own mezzes with a lower level one. In the case above, the "Invisibility" buff remains active in the player's buff window, but since the bard invis dropped, the player is visible, making these two cases different.