PDA

View Full Version : Drop rate of items

Jeisenne
12-02-2014, 04:10 PM
Hello,

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but my friends and I spent a good few hours in EW farming cougars, kodiaks, and griffons for the items for the Coldain Prayer Shawl Quest. A few hours later, several hundred mobs dead we saw one egg, and one HQ Kodiak Pelt. One of our group mates was a bard, and he was swarming a good amount of the time, so there were pulls where we had a good portion of mobs in camp.

Also we noticed that a lot of the research items (words, runes, pages) were all the same in certain zones. For example, the next day mass killing wyverns in CS, the only words we saw were Words of Cazic Thule and Words of Extinction. We saw 4+ of each. No Enchanter pages, no Wizard runes. The day we were killing things in EW for the shawl quest, we saw the same set of words repeatedly, and again no runes or pages.

I know shawl and ring quest items are meant to be rare, but I did the shawl quest back in classic for two of my girls (enchanter main, cleric alt) and it took some hours, but I got everything in a relatively short amount of time. We also farmed shardwurms in GD all night last night and not a single bile dropped. We did not see a single young shardwurm up (we had a tracker and were going around the zone) so we resorted to the elder and ancient ones.

It felt rarer than rare. It almost felt like we weren't killing the right things at all.

Malrubius
12-02-2014, 04:16 PM
^this

Erati
12-02-2014, 04:41 PM
also of note the wurms that have the bile should emit some kind of glow

so far I dont think its been reported of them having this glow, partly bc the damn bile is so freaking rare

I dont remember spending more than a casual 2-3 days collecting them and this was on the adolescent playtimes of an hour-2 before dinner and hour-3 before bed lol

Altair
12-02-2014, 07:59 PM
The drop rate is VERY slow on quest items and spawn rate for some quest mobs.
Been killing Phers sence thurday to get Coldain war wolf to spawn, popped maybe 12 times. only dropped quest item once.