PDA

View Full Version : Plane of Mischief - Fleeing Mobs & Forrest Pansys

solrokk
12-02-2014, 03:35 PM
I've noted all 4 versions of Grink/Glonk/Brenn/Grenn in any part of Alice in wonderland tend to sometimes flee as sub-20% and sometimes they don't.

Is this due to a slight level variance of each spawn needing to be specifically set to flee or not? Please have this looked into.

----------

Another thing I noticed about the Forrest Pansys, my memory serves as yes the triggers would set off if you ran by, but they would not agro if you were invis'd.

Also, they tend to hit a little harder than in classic, and they summon for green cons which is odd.

http://planeofmischief.com/advice_column.htm

Daldaen
12-02-2014, 04:25 PM
The pansys should not summon.

These are the max hits I got on EQMac:

[Fri Mar 22 18:40:52 2013] A pretty ugly pansy hits YOU for 137 points of damage.
[Fri Mar 22 18:47:09 2013] A pretty ugly pansy hits YOU for 137 points of damage.
[Sat May 25 13:51:14 2013] A dandy pansy hits YOU for 137 points of damage.

I'd guess all of them had the same 137 max hit in classic. I apparently never ran into any angry pansys.

Erati
12-02-2014, 04:38 PM
I've noted all 4 versions of Grink/Glonk/Brenn/Grenn in any part of Alice in wonderland tend to sometimes flee as sub-20% and sometimes they don't.

Is this due to a slight level variance of each spawn needing to be specifically set to flee or not? Please have this looked into.

they might be fleeing bc the one from the other room is down and thusly since no NPCs are around in range, mobs will flee at low health

however I did have Glonk flee on me the other day but, the Brenn/Grenn room may be slightly out of his radius ?

Dentalplan
12-02-2014, 04:42 PM
I think the non-fleeing you see is a symptom of the bug where mobs don't run if there's a friendly mob within a radius, even if it's in the next room where the mob can't assist aggro from. I noticed that nothing at all was running when I killed stuff in the hallway outside of TwentyTwo's room when he was left up.

solrokk
12-02-2014, 08:45 PM
I think the non-fleeing you see is a symptom of the bug where mobs don't run if there's a friendly mob within a radius, even if it's in the next room where the mob can't assist aggro from. I noticed that nothing at all was running when I killed stuff in the hallway outside of TwentyTwo's room when he was left up.

Ah, I was unaware that mobs would not flee even if a monster is behind a wall out of assist range but close enough to keep it from fleeing.

If this is the case, then Alice in wonderland section doesn't need adjusting. But, as far as my statement about the Forest Pansys, that remain's to be fixed.

cheers! Thanks for reading

Erati
12-03-2014, 01:32 AM
bump

the angry pansy was owning my skunk pet

[Wed Dec 03 00:19:45 2014] An angry pansy hits Guard McStinkles for 160 points of damage.
[Wed Dec 03 00:19:45 2014] An angry pansy hits Guard McStinkles for 141 points of damage.

according to Dald's logs and this other guys (http://theplaneofmischief.yuku.com/topic/414/PoM-mob-info-real-info#.VH6jKGctCUl ) I found about various mob damage in PoM

- Dandy Pansy: 137 max, 1% aa.
Guessing it's the same deal with other pansies, but I honestly don't feel like wasting my time on them heh.

( some of his stuff is not correct but most of the max damage attacks he lists for the mobs he encountered is very very spot on)

solrokk
12-03-2014, 03:29 AM
----------

Another thing I noticed about the Forrest Pansys, my memory serves as yes the triggers would set off if you ran by, but they would not agro if you were invis'd.

Also, they tend to hit a little harder than in classic, and they summon for green cons which is odd.[/QUOTE]

I found a section on the plane of mischief site to help back me up on my Forest pansy concerns.

http://planeofmischief.com/advice_column.htm

States:

2 - The forest Area has a few Grumpy Trees that throw KOS Pansies at you in groups of 1-2. These NPCs despawn for at least 2 hours once they lose agro. There appears to be about 10 locs that these "Traps" are set off. They may change locs, but it's hard to tell. They also have a very large agro area. Pod People do NOT assist them, but "My Finger", "Not Yours" and the entire inside area of the Castle will .. so you cant escape by running up the ramps. These do NOT see invisible and for those who are bound at the entrance, you can avoid them, but be careful, by running back and along the actual rim where the see-through glass wall/gate is located. These things can be very tuff. They can hit for upwards of 140s and have a ton of hp. As a monk or any FD class, I suggest to clear these before doing ANY hunting in the forest or porting people into the zone. This can be done by running around the forest (at least Jboot speed) and collect/set off all the traps and then FD. This will despawn them for a time.

1 - neg 1050, neg 72 = 1 Dandy Pansy.....
2 - neg 1230, neg 275 = 2 Angry Pansies.
3 - neg 870, neg 485 = 1 Puny Pansy.......
4 - neg 1275, neg 525 = 2 Angry Pansies
5 - neg 1238, neg 617 = 1 Dandy Pansy..
6 - neg 900, neg 985 = 2 Angry Pansies..
7 - neg 700, neg 1040 = 1 Puny Pansy....
8 - neg 630, neg 1565 = 1 Dandy Pans...
9 - neg 238, neg 1300 = 1 Puny Pansy....
10 - neg 195, neg 1235 = 2 Angry Pansies.

This can help with the trap locations. But more importantly, forest mobs not assisting them, and that the traps will despawn for 2 hours, rather than 2 minutes or less.

Also, invis running through the traps, they don't see invis, and running through them back in the day would trigger them but they wouldn't agro if you were invis'd.