PDA

View Full Version : My Opinion on EQ expansions.

Lich
09-12-2010, 05:48 PM
I know opinions are like loot whores (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=loot%20whore)... every group has one.
Here is my opinion on EQ and its expansions.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j54/lichinstein/eqtimeline.gif (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=poopsocking)

discuss.

Seaweedpimp
09-12-2010, 05:54 PM
So kunark was a 94 ford taurus and Velious was a ferarri 360?

zianlo1
09-12-2010, 05:57 PM

Yes, cuz velious was just *that* much of an improvement over kunark....tfos ftw

Taxi
09-12-2010, 06:04 PM
Yes, cuz velious was just *that* much of an improvement over kunark....tfos ftw

Library was pretty fucking cool (thats as far as i got in there when i played live)

zianlo1
09-12-2010, 06:05 PM
Library was pretty fucking cool (thats as far as i got in there when i played live)

tofs and thurgadin = best zones of the entire eq game imo.

Lanvaren
09-12-2010, 06:21 PM
HOW could this possibly be offensive to people who engage in poopsocking?

Btw, pretty much agree with you, other than the fact that you thought perhaps Luclin shouldn't be included in "everything else" maybe- kinda- somewhat... :)

for what it's worth the EQ expansions were all planned from the start, even Luclin, but players gained more influence as $ony whipped verant into a money-driven monster. People don't have a clue what they want.

Ridiuz
09-12-2010, 06:30 PM
Personally I think the first 3 expantions were gold, and everything after that went down hill. I enjoyed Luclin for a few simple facts...

1. The bazaar made trade soooooooo much easier, rather than having to spend a lot of time in EC tunnels trying to buy and sell junk. Just leave your computer on over night and come back with your junk sold for you.

2. The introduction of the AA system was amazing, really gave you something else to do in order for character improvement.

3. Horses were a nice touch allowing for faster travel, and not having to sit down to meditate reducing mob agro when sat.

4. Character models were nice for the people that enjoyed them, and if you didn't just simply turn them off.

5. A lot of great raid content like SSRA, and VT. Believe it or not I actually enjoyed the process of getting keyed for VT.

6. The Nexus was great, made travel easier but didn't overdue it like PoP's instant travel to anywhere.

The list goes on but you get the idea, would be great if p99 stopped on Luclin. :P

Lich
09-12-2010, 07:18 PM

It progressed from a Taurus to a Ferrari.

Reiker
09-12-2010, 07:28 PM
Luclin gets slighted because it was the first expansion that introduced good AND bad elements. The bad:

* Ridiculously horrible player models
* Poorly implemented centralized market
* "We're going to the moon!" is goofy
* Playable cat people are goofy
* Boring / redundant zone design
* Instant travel (but imo still enough of a pain in the ass to not be that bad)
* Vex Thal is a piece of shit, perpetually unfinished end raid zone
* Paludal was too good for its level range, emptying classic exp zones

Many forget the good:

* AAs (somehow some people think these are bad) really fleshed out classes, added all kinds of new gameplay elements, and gave something to exp for at max besides death buffer
* Awesome dungeons that were criminally underused like Acrylia Caverns
* The first raid encounters that were completely epic, hardcore events (Ssra, Seru, Ring of Fire, even lower bosses like Shei had very unique elements)
* EQ really began to step up its scripted event game with not only raids but zones such as Hollowshade, which was always changing based on the race wars there.

Harrison
09-12-2010, 07:48 PM
*gasp* Someone makes sense when talking about Luclin without going into a rabid froth of hate and rage.

Reiker
09-12-2010, 08:26 PM
If Ssra Temple isn't among your favorite MMO zones of all time you didn't raid and should probably stfu. Not to anyone in particular but just sayin'.

zianlo1
09-12-2010, 08:38 PM
If Ssra Temple isn't among your favorite MMO zones of all time you didn't raid and should probably stfu. Not to anyone in particular but just sayin'.

In eq1, I didnt raid and I know I missed out on alot of the game =(

Harrison
09-12-2010, 08:46 PM
SSRA was one of the best designed zones I ever got to raid.

VT was the worst, flat out, terrible.

Seeatee
09-12-2010, 09:35 PM
Ssra is probably the 2nd best designed zone in all of EQ, I could spend weeks there at a time, loved that zone to death.

also, while probably a pretty unpopular opinion my personal favorite expansion is

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-1/612047/oow%20car.jpg

a big reason is Muramite Proving Grounds , that zone was near perfect, and IMO is the number 1 best designed zone in all of EQ. MPG was by far also my personal favorite zone , so many great camps, great rares, great loot, awesome layout, and the trials were a blast.

Harrison
09-12-2010, 09:40 PM
I would have sex with that car. Twice.

Omica
09-12-2010, 11:17 PM
Of all the crap that came after Velious, I really miss AAs, at least how they were at first. They were a way to customize and supplement my character and gave me a reason to go out there and xp again. As they are now on Live, it's as if your character really can't do much of anything unless you have like 1,000 AAs. That's no fun. I liked some of the Luclin content (ssra, etc.), but my computer back then just couldn't handle it.

Danth
09-12-2010, 11:24 PM

The Taurus was a pretty decent car; that's no Taurus. That's a Tempo actually...I know because I crashed the Mercury version (Topaz) when I was a teenager. Ford built 'em from about '84 or so until '94. I Look back on that crash as a sort of community service, taking one of those pieces of garbage off the road. Nobody minded much, not even the car's owner. As noted, that car was an absolute piece of trash in every respect: small, uncomfortable, underpowered, equipped with an obsolete 3-speed transaxle, and curiously inefficient--for having a pitiful 96 horsepower, it only made a bit over 20 MPG. Rolling rubbish like that explains a lot about why the domestic builders found themselves in their current predicament.

Given that reality, the original poster's opinion of the early EQ expansions must be quite low! Not quite "Ford Festiva" low, perhaps, but low nonetheless.

My own take on Everquest expansions is that EQ got a little worse with each one. I liked the pre-expansion game best, then Kunark a little less, Velious a little less than that, and so forth. Eventually it declined enough that I no longer considered it worth paying for.

As a side note, that Mercury isn't the worst car I've driven, either; a distinction which belongs to a '78 Oldsmobile.

Danth

Noselacri
09-12-2010, 11:52 PM
Luclin had some nice things, but it was the first and biggest step towards the downfall. I don't care about the updated graphics, it's not as if EQ could have kept going with the original graphics if it wanted to be competive with other games coming out. I can even get past the horrible and unfinished lore and how weird and un-EQish the zones and mobs were, though I still think Ssra was one of the best raids in the history of the game. AAs was a good concept, although I disliked the near-unlimited nature of it and prefer how they did it in EQ2. However, Luclin had two huge problems:

1) It was the first of many steps toward the utter removal of the sould of EQ. Nexus scions, the bazaar, basically the way it made the game world less real and meaningful. These two things alone did not have a huge impact on the game, but they went on and on with each expansion, adding PoK, assembly-line instanced dungeons in LDoN, maps and armor dye and completely unimpressive content in LoY, and eventually stated to produce expansions seemingly with a random content generator from GoD and onwards. It basically set in motion the progression toward the theme park style of MMORPG, the model that WoW has perfected because that game is meant to be that way, but the model that destroyed Everquest because it wasn't. EQ was about living in the world of Norrath, how the game world made sense (for a video game, anyway) and how every aspect of the game promoted community and socialization. Suddenly you could travel and trade without interaction, and while these two things alone had a relatively minor impact on the game at first, it slowly but surely impersonalized the game and changed the atmosphere for the worse.

2) Whoever came up with the bane weapons and key grinds needs to be drowned. That timesink was so obscenely ridiculous, so far beyond what a guild should have to go through to see the game's content, and had absolutely nothing to do with skill or diligence. Countless guilds stagnated and perished not because they weren't good enough for the content but because they couldn't get everyone to spend hundreds of hours acquiring access to it. It was absurd and completely unreasonable. Access to content should be limited by your ability to defeat it. If there should be a key/flag/attunement thing at all, it should be something that takes a reasonable amount of time and a guild effort, not endlessly camping trivial things for 0.1% drop rate shards and crap like that.

Other than those two things, Luclin did not kill EQ, it was just one of many steps in the wrong direction. And it wasn't the amazing act of brilliance and beauty that the first three eras were, it was merely decent.

oldhead
09-13-2010, 12:06 AM
Personally I think the first 3 expantions were gold, and everything after that went down hill. I enjoyed Luclin for a few simple facts... The list goes on but you get the idea, would be great if p99 stopped on Luclin. :P

1. The bazaar made trade soooooooo much easier, rather than having to spend a lot of time in EC tunnels trying to buy and sell junk. Just leave your computer on over night and come back with your junk sold for you.
Any type of auction system will destroy what EC Tunnel is. it takes away skill to the economy and just makes it an easy search then undercut system.

2. The introduction of the AA system was amazing, really gave you something else to do in order for character improvement.
This is one thing I liked.. AA's fixed some class (ranger) and made some WAY over powered (wiz) done right it would have been great. Overall the AA's were a welcome addition once fixed.

3. Horses were a nice touch allowing for faster travel, and not having to sit down to meditate reducing mob agro when sat.
Trivialized SOW buffs. Didnt add anything

4. Character models were nice for the people that enjoyed them, and if you didn't just simply turn them off.
This is one of the worst things that came from Luclin. Horrible horrible models. Horrible animations.

5. A lot of great raid content like SSRA, and VT. Believe it or not I actually enjoyed the process of getting keyed for VT.
one of the most tedious things EQ ever had in it and you enjoyed it? This a troll attempt?

6. The Nexus was great, made travel easier but didn't overdue it like PoP's instant travel to anywhere.
Again trivialized porting classes and travel buffs. Easy is not Good. Easy is what ruined EQ. EZ is why you are here and not playing WoW.

Seeatee
09-13-2010, 12:13 AM
horses really didnt trivialize sow, sure some were as fast as sow and some as fast as selos, but they were very situational, they took forever to speed up and slow down, 9 out of 10 people on fennin just used them for mana regen and being able to cast w/o sitting and standing constantly.

Rustybeard
09-13-2010, 12:14 AM
Velious was the golden age of Everquest. I have a ton of fond memories of Kunark as well.

Bodeanicus
09-13-2010, 12:14 AM
tofs and thurgadin = best zones of the entire eq game imo.

ToFS is mine, buddy. Keep you ass out if it. ;)

Eternal-Elf
09-13-2010, 02:24 AM
ToFS was a beast of a zone. I spent so much time there

Noleafclover
09-13-2010, 02:31 AM
Luclin gets slighted because it was the first expansion that introduced good AND bad elements. The bad:

Many forget the good:

* AAs (somehow some people think these are bad) really fleshed out classes, added all kinds of new gameplay elements, and gave something to exp for at max besides death buffer
* The first raid encounters that were completely epic, hardcore events (Ssra, Seru, Ring of Fire, even lower bosses like Shei had very unique elements)
* EQ really began to step up its scripted event game with not only raids but zones such as Hollowshade, which was always changing based on the race wars there.

QFT. I wouldn't blame you for making this as a separate thread. Honestly, I think we should continue to introduce live's raid content and progression features (AAs, etc.) without any of the bullshit - that whole list you posted, and for another example - in PoP, get rid of all the connections to PoK except like.. WFP (by EC tunnel).

Reiker
09-13-2010, 05:54 AM
2) Whoever came up with the bane weapons and key grinds needs to be drowned. That timesink was so obscenely ridiculous, so far beyond what a guild should have to go through to see the game's content, and had absolutely nothing to do with skill or diligence. Countless guilds stagnated and perished not because they weren't good enough for the content but because they couldn't get everyone to spend hundreds of hours acquiring access to it. It was absurd and completely unreasonable. Access to content should be limited by your ability to defeat it. If there should be a key/flag/attunement thing at all, it should be something that takes a reasonable amount of time and a guild effort, not endlessly camping trivial things for 0.1% drop rate shards and crap like that.

a) Bane Weapons were not required, they only made the encounters easier. With maybe the exception of LISeru, every single extra body you add to his melee range puts a lot more strain on your healers. I still prefer the "safe and slow" method of 1 paladin tank + all ranged/spell DPS. Maybe because my shaman was usually one of the top DPSers in this fight.

b) VT key time/effort is overrated. I've completed 3. Really the worst part is the piece from the Ssra portal room, because it requires your entire guild to sit there for hours getting one piece at a time. The rest isn't too bad at all.

Actually I lied, the worst part is when you actually complete the key and zone in to Vex Thal and discover how shitty that zone is.

Brut
09-13-2010, 06:03 AM
Yar, just about every zone past luclin started to look boring as all hell. Dungeons were always rooms and hallways, rooms and hallways, a couple more rooms and hallways, possibly an intersection every 3rd room. Ye behold the thrilling design of the end-zone of expansion#512: watch this wall tile and floor tile repeat itself while you mow down swarms of mobs with unpronouncable names all of which share the model you saw since the first zone of the expansion!

azeth
09-13-2010, 07:09 AM
I vehemently disagree that Vex Thal was a poor raid zone.. actually VT/Ssra are in my top raid zones of all time.

Reiker
09-13-2010, 07:14 AM
You can't defend VT. You went from the most epic fight in the game at the time (Emperor Ssra) to spending 10 straight hours killing shit that all looked the same and did the same stuff. And compared to the difficulty of Ssra, VT was a cakewalk. The only wipes came from extreme boredom/people falling asleep.

azeth
09-13-2010, 07:31 AM
ya know im with ya actually, i think VT has a warm spot in my heart because I went into it as top DKP melee in my guild and got absolutely geared with whatever i wanted.

azeth
09-13-2010, 07:35 AM
Actually VT and whatever zone that bitch with the rogue poker.. Shinra? or Shiv'vi were in were really interesting to me. I liked the look of whatever that race was called, and their language was neat.

I agree with you though Reiker, relatively VT was a step down from Ssra.

fugazi
09-13-2010, 07:36 AM
I can barely remember Luclin, but do remember somehow getting a key for Vex'Thal. Maybe I free-loaded a bit too much during the Luclin period? Really, I cant remember it taking 'hundreds of hours' xD

Luclin sucked ass though. It took the game in a direction that wasn't for me. Luckily I had Counter-Strike to easily replace EQ for me.

azeth
09-13-2010, 07:36 AM
lol Shinra.. FFVII much?

Tronjer
09-13-2010, 07:38 AM
And compared to the difficulty of Ssra, VT was a cakewalk. The only wipes came from extreme boredom/people falling asleep.

Staying focused for 8h in VT was an accomplishment by itself. A wipe had led to calling the raid and another guild would have jumped in to gank Aten.

In my opinion Velious was already flawed by design, as it didn't introduce new levels but solely left us raid encounters for further char enhancement. On the other hand I never understood all the complains about POP books. This was just a minor convenience over calling a druid/wizard in order to get a ride. I rather hated the automated bazaar.

That said, I still enjoyed EQ until Serpent Spine, when we got forced into a total revamped, instance driven and utterly boring group game, as mandatory requirement for raid progression. That was the point when I left for good.

azeth
09-13-2010, 07:44 AM
On the other hand I never understood all the complains about POP books. This was just a minor convenience over calling a druid/wizard in order to get a ride..

I did not dislike PoP books at the time they were introduced either, however do you agree you're happy we don't have them as we progress in classic p1999?

Tork
09-13-2010, 08:08 AM
I'm happy we don't have port books in P1999 - the world seems big, and it should.

From SoL:

Ssra was awesome, no question. It was full of all the things which make EQ great: named, camps, rares, side stories, raid mobs, challenge. I really enjoyed the time spent in there.

VT was wretched - none of the mobs were especially hard if you had the right raid mix, it was pure grinding and repeated exercises in 30+ mins of CH rotations (trivia: this zone finally broke LoS from chaos healing and forced us to adopt CH rot). If you never experience the pain of AE knockback, AE blind, gating Thalls, be thankful. The only redeeming element: death runs. Oh, and the Ant Legs bracer - that thing owned.

Horses were ok, but they forced you to use new models (and we all know classic troll with purple eyes is the best model in all of EQ) - so that's a huge negative there.

In the take it or leave it SoL analysis, I say leave it - only on just barely. For all other expansions which followed... keep moving, nothing to see here.

Kender
09-13-2010, 08:15 AM
You're all wrong. ToV was the best zone ever. had so much fun in there on all 3 wings. i was in monky paradise

and pulling sleepers tomb (after awoken never seen before) was pretty special for me as a monk. that bit prob a bit boring for the rest of the raid that waited at the zone in though hehe. but boy was it a sight for the pullers on that first room

azeth
09-13-2010, 08:19 AM
I think part of the reason Luclin seemed lacking was that when you consider how progressively epic Classic->Kunark->Velious was in regard to lore/items/difficulty, and then consider how hard EQ blew its load in NToV (non stop multiple dragon killing averaging 10-15 uber items per raid) - pretty hard to follow.

Regnon
09-13-2010, 10:10 AM
My favorite was Velious. Giants vs Dragons, PoG all that stuff rocked for me.

I think Kael and Skyshrine were really fun, ToV less so.because of the Resist fest you needed to play in there.

Hasbinbad
09-13-2010, 10:11 AM
This post has a lot of potential.

Everquest:
http://images.hemmings.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/FF07_r141_1.jpg

Kunark:
http://www.carsbulletin.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/ford_gt40.jpg

Velious:
http://www.streetracersonline.com/gallery/albums/userpics/enzo/normal_ef_fqt_l.jpg

EVERYTHING ELSE:
http://boskolives.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/yugo_limousine_500.jpg
(yes, that is a stretch Yugo)

World of Warcraft:
http://www.bicyclehq.com.au/images/uploads/kids/alamode16inchpink.jpg

Cyph
09-13-2010, 10:14 AM
I think the problem with the EQ expansions as a whole is that they a) came out too fast and too often, and b) deviated from the core gameplay elements of the original concept (classic).

Taminy
09-13-2010, 10:21 AM

Agreed. Luclin BEFORE the bazaar was great.

Meh. I'd call this neutral rather than bad. I never played a Vah Shir either (not a furry here).

I thought was ok. Like you said instant travel but still enough of a pain to not be that bad. I still usually just looked around for a port because it could be 30ish minutes by the time you used Nexus to ghetto port and even then there were only what, like 6 locations? Maybe 4? I just remember NK, Gfay, DL, and GD. PoK books can die in a fire.

Yeah - but to be honest I never used Paludal. More regarding Vex Thal, I thought emp cockblocking was ridiculous, even though I wasn't in a bleeding edge guild at the time especially when I saw screenshots of that one guild using 3 ogres and a coh bot (ogres to block the door for other guilds, coh bot to coh in guildmates). And yes I know cockblocking happened in every expansion.

I remember hearing about AAs from another player before I read about them. Apparently they were going to be about "customizing" your character is what he said. I think this would have been better - and don't kill me here people but something more along the lines of arms vs fury vs prot warrior (at least that you would have to experience for). I think AAs done that way might have been better, but instead it was just how many AAs can you gather and make sure you min/max everything out.

I liked that zone and got to do the worm boss there before they revamped the zone with ring events.

Agreed except I thought ring events were stupid.

That's one zone I wish I had taken my alts to. I only remember running through it on a high level character and thought it was cool.

Dominick
09-13-2010, 10:45 AM
http://i53.tinypic.com/2hhlkll.png

Reiker
09-13-2010, 01:46 PM
You're all wrong. ToV was the best zone ever.

Not sure who you're disagreeing with, no one had mentioned ToV before you. Obviously ToV is badass and everyone loved it.

Reiker
09-13-2010, 01:53 PM
I remember hearing about AAs from another player before I read about them. Apparently they were going to be about "customizing" your character is what he said. I think this would have been better - and don't kill me here people but something more along the lines of arms vs fury vs prot warrior (at least that you would have to experience for). I think AAs done that way might have been better, but instead it was just how many AAs can you gather and make sure you min/max everything out.

I'm actually kind of glad that AAs were implemented as just a way to progress your character instead of specialize it. EQ has no room for class specialization. What would the advantage of a DPS warrior be over a monk or a rogue? Why would a cleric ever want to specialize in anything besides healing? WoW has a serious problem when it comes to this. You have certain classes like Paladins and Druids that are insanely flexible and can fit into a myriad of roles easily by respeccing, and then you have classes like Rogue who are way too one-dimensional. Rogues have 3 spec lines built around doing damage while a Druid can tank, heal, nuke, or melee dps. They're stuck. They could turn one of the Rogue lines into a "tank" spec based on evasion, but how would you balance it vs. Warriors, Druids, and Paladins? They would create raid bosses that hit ridiculously hard and required a Rogue evasion tank, sort of how Warlocks were required to tank certain bosses. It's superficial depth. It's like "oh cool I can respec my Warlock and tank one of the phases of this boss" but then you think of it and it's like "ok, so... what the fuck was the point of that?"

It's a huge can of worms that I'm glad EQ never got involved in. If you're going to have a base class + specialization system, you can only have like 3 or 4 base classes max before everything becomes retardedly redundant.

yt2005
09-13-2010, 06:32 PM
http://i51.tinypic.com/2rr0uoh.png

Kender
09-13-2010, 08:46 PM
Not sure who you're disagreeing with, no one had mentioned ToV before you. Obviously ToV is badass and everyone loved it.

exactly. everyone was saying this or that zone was the best but noone had mentioned ToV. That's why everyone was wrong 8)

Harrison
09-13-2010, 09:23 PM
Plane of Mischief is the best zone in the game, all expansions.

Reiker
09-13-2010, 09:24 PM
Classic was more like

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/5192/400984-uniracers_twister_city_super.png

Lich
09-14-2010, 01:22 AM
http://i51.tinypic.com/2rr0uoh.png

pic 4 actually looks fun. you hating on p99? jk

Noselacri
09-14-2010, 02:28 AM
I found it really funny how some of the later expansions (especially GoD) seemed to literally be randomly generated. Zone and mob names looked like they were procured by slamming a keyboard with one's reproductive organs, and the content was so bland and impersonal that I couldn't force myself to care about it at all. This was the turning point when expansions started to become truly horrendous; everything between Velious and GoD was merely disappointing, but afterwards it became insultingly bad.

Ezalor
09-14-2010, 03:24 AM
UNIRACERS!

Some of the best music in console history

Exhibit A: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmzNFTShPWM

Exhibit B: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70HKS5w9mCA

Dominick
09-14-2010, 07:38 AM
http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/4202/eq000089gs6.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3284/2904327807_2444946203.jpg

yt2005
09-14-2010, 02:23 PM
Great article on Uniracer, and how Pixar crushed my hopes and dreams of it ever being re-released or redone: http://retro.nintendolife.com/news/2010/03/feature_the_making_of_unirally

LizardNecro
09-14-2010, 02:27 PM
I for one thought that Luclin's port system was the right balance. The word was getting very large with Kunark, Velious, and the moon, and the spires gave the right amount of transportation assist.
In other words, the luclin port system had the same feel as classic EQ given how much larger the world was.

I enjoyed the bazaar as well, as buying/selling is a commodity to me, not an interaction.

I completely agree with the poster that said that GoD sounded like a random content generator. I couldn't bring myself to care about a Tacvi Yxxta or whatever.

The key process for VT was incredibly painful, but I very much enjoyed the dungeon. Maybe because I was a necro, and the entire raid depended on me making a successful selos DA run to bypass most of the content. It was probably the only time in my raiding career that a necro was the focus of the raid, so I enjoyed that. I can see how it was boring for everyone else though.

I found the emperor SSRA fight to be one of the most fulfilling and challenging raids every. I really enjoyed the luclin raid zones.

Anywas I'm very happy with this server stopping at velious. I would continue to play through luclin, but Velious is great too.

Seeatee
09-14-2010, 02:46 PM
yea, luclins port system wasn't nearly as game breaking as everyone likes to make it out to be, 1 port from nexus to each of the continents, and one port from each of the continents to the moon, and you had to wait up to 15 min for it to take you there.

I dunno about yall but I would rather just pay 20 PP and have a wizzy or a druid port me much closer to where I want to be, and instantly to boot, but if none were around, there was an alternative, which was nice.

Pezmerga
09-16-2010, 03:33 AM
I liked up until LoY personally. Not saying LoY was as good as Velious or Kunark, I just liked frogs lol. Pop Raiding was ok, not as fun as ToV or SSRA, but still fun, and the books never bothered me. This game is easy to kill ALOT of time on, which can be frustrating to friends and family. I get Wizards and Druids were pissy cuz they liked to port for donations, but hell just go Quad and make money off of wyverns or something.

Bazaar was another time saver, and great to me. I hate being in the tunnel auctioning the same thing over and over. Again just my opinion.

Still Velious was my favorite Expansion. ToV is awesome.

Lich
09-18-2010, 04:23 PM
I liked up until LoY personally. Not saying LoY was as good as Velious or Kunark, I just liked frogs lol. Pop Raiding was ok, not as fun as ToV or SSRA, but still fun, and the books never bothered me. This game is easy to kill ALOT of time on, which can be frustrating to friends and family. I get Wizards and Druids were pissy cuz they liked to port for donations, but hell just go Quad and make money off of wyverns or something.

Bazaar was another time saver, and great to me. I hate being in the tunnel auctioning the same thing over and over. Again just my opinion.

Still Velious was my favorite Expansion. ToV is awesome.

I liked Dulak<sp> Harbor. Good loot and had a merchant in the zone for those with sneak.