PDA

View Full Version : Winter IS coming.. but

Jauna
10-30-2014, 10:41 PM
Will you be there on Draenor?

I know many of you folks here were probably sitting in PoTranquility when World of Warcraft came out 10 years ago wondering where everyone was as your GoD and PoTime raids have been getting canceled left and right.. the sitting in PoK at the small bank with 2/45 friends online and no one MGBing as you guild slowly faded into nothingness

Then.. you missed your friends. You joined them over there in Warcraft. Years past and your friends moved onto other guilds, new servers, maybe even other games or had.. those.. like, little human things.

In all truthfulness, will you people remain here, in P99 when Velious gets released at first snowfall(not counting arctic regions or anyplace that gets snow before SoV is ready).. or will you be in Warlords of Draenor?

Will you be on Draenor rushing to level 100 to get into the anniversary Molten Core LFR raid... or will you be here fighting/racing/training your way to Lord Dol-don-genji-mar?

Will you be building your garrison to customize your weapon enchants or will you be chilling in Crystal Caverns like you did in ages past with new friends, a new class or maybe even a new group of people who does not really need you but they had an open spot for 20 minutes?

Will you be joining the ratrace and fighting with 20-100 people over quest boars for their meat.. or will you be here making bank by selling giant helms to raiders?

Will you be there fighting more orcs to make your way to more orcs so you can slay king orc.. or will you be here camping orcs for their teeth that double as earrings?

Will you be joining your friends in Warcraft for comfy times and getting into massive guild arguments over which new female character model looks the best as it spills into Mumble and screaming 20-something year olds have thought out legitimate arguments over this as your guild splits into two factions in a matter of days because some people wanted to be half naked female humans and the other half wanted to be half naked female orcs.. or will you be here shitting into a sock as you wait for Lodizal to spawn as Warriors and Rogues fight with one another to see who deserves the map piece more as your guild also gets in on this as some ranger and monk complains that their epic or cloak is too hard/tedious and before you know it the entire server is subject to map rotations..

I just dont fucking know anymore.

Pokesan
10-30-2014, 10:44 PM
wow was good but is bad now hth

Aviann
10-31-2014, 12:09 AM
Pretty sure we'll be here

Big_Japan
10-31-2014, 12:11 AM
:eek::eek:wow was good but is bad now hth

Magnar
10-31-2014, 12:11 AM
It's supposed to snow here this weekend. Fuck you for reminding me.

Danth
10-31-2014, 12:35 AM
I don't know whether I'll be here--I come and go on P1999--but I won't be there. I enjoyed Warcraft on and off from beta into early 2009, but haven't subscribed to it since. Strangely, and unlike EQ, I've never had any desire to go back, either.

Danth

Reguiy
10-31-2014, 01:00 AM
WOW is fun but it's only fun when you have friends to play it with. So I'll be here, or on the rift.

Oleris
10-31-2014, 01:01 AM
You can get all your raiding for the week done in 8 hours.... then you wait another week....

Reguiy
10-31-2014, 01:21 AM
You can get all your raiding for the week done in 8 hours.... then you wait another week....

Ya but WOW is all about PVPing dawg.

myriverse
10-31-2014, 08:38 AM
Meh. When WoW came out, I was in Paragon City not giving any shits.

And now, I will still not be giving any shits.

Mirana
10-31-2014, 08:47 AM
I remember when WoW first came out, I never understood how people could enjoy instanced raiding.

P1999 has helped me understand.

Snizatcher
10-31-2014, 10:13 AM
I remember when WoW first came out, I never understood how people could enjoy instanced raiding.

It's funny you said that. It made so much sense at the time. I liked Vanilla because there were world bosses and instanced raids. It was actually an awesome balance. It changed as time went on and almost everything became instanced. There was also a ton of fighting on the way to raids. Outside dungeons. It was a lot of fun, from what I remember. But, at the same time, the purest game experience was EQ. I think a lot of the things we thought we hated at the time, we miss the most now.

Man0warr
10-31-2014, 10:29 AM
Yeah but now the entire game is instanced, so people just sit in town and queue up for every activity.

Rattle Squirrell
10-31-2014, 10:30 AM
The people that play this game......will die at their computers playing this fucking game.

Doing the exact same stupid fucking shit everyday.

Brocode
10-31-2014, 11:32 AM
WoW is boring...

Secrets
10-31-2014, 12:45 PM
I'm actually not liking the new WoW xpac prepatch so I don't know if I will be playing in 6.0.2+, as a destruction warlock I can macro things down to a 4-button rotation and pop 2 temps. That's it. The rest are passives/procs. I need buttons to press because i'm going insane.

Red_Psyphon
10-31-2014, 12:53 PM
EQ raids only good with PvP mixed in otherwise its boring as fuck and easy on top of that. Can beat Vp with 15-18 people. Also everquest raids are a joke as u can just bring a zerg to any target and voila no challenge. If one were even present to begin with. don't get me started on how bad eq mechanics play in raids. DULL as fuck healing (cheal spam lolol)..tanking involves nothing but standing still and having agro procs (taunt is shit) and dps...well im sure you've all seen the AFK dps on raids because well u don't need much dps as an enchanter with broken charm durations can just out dps anyone mostly.

tldr; eq is better if u like things easier yet longer to accomplish.

derpcake
10-31-2014, 01:01 PM

R1999 is the solution. Since we most likely won't ever see a 2nd blue server.

Nirgon
10-31-2014, 01:22 PM
I'd rather eat at McDonald's every day than play WoW

Tasslehofp99
10-31-2014, 06:43 PM
quit WoW at like lvl 39, never looked back

Jauna
10-31-2014, 08:38 PM
I'm actually not liking the new WoW xpac prepatch so I don't know if I will be playing in 6.0.2+, as a destruction warlock I can macro things down to a 4-button rotation and pop 2 temps. That's it. The rest are passives/procs. I need buttons to press because i'm going insane.

But Destro was pretty much unchanged from the ability pruning, aside from fel flame, its the same thing.. but while we are on the topic and bards excluded.. how many buttons do you, and everyone else reading this press for your class?

My Pally: auto attack, flash of light
My druid: 2 dots, root, sit

loramin
10-31-2014, 08:44 PM
Pretty sure we'll be here

I know I will be. I might go back to WoW someday, but if I do it would only be for the PvP. And I think I'm far more likely to just try a new game (like the new DaoC when it comes out) instead.

iruinedyourday
10-31-2014, 08:48 PM
I know I will be. I might go back to WoW someday, but if I do it would only be for the PvP. And I think I'm far more likely to just try a new game (like the new DaoC when it comes out) instead.

you should check out smite.. pretty fun pvp game

Reguiy
10-31-2014, 08:58 PM
But Destro was pretty much unchanged from the ability pruning, aside from fel flame, its the same thing.. but while we are on the topic and bards excluded.. how many buttons do you, and everyone else reading this press for your class?

On my monk I FD, toss my thrower, auto attack, click epic/robe and kick. So 5. 7 if you include my discs. Necro I have about 4-5 pet binds and 9 spell gems, so 14~. Back in WOW my shaman had 45+ keybindings and my warlock had around 30-40 depending on how many . In league you use about 4-10 depending on your champion and what items you buy.

I don't miss keybindings in WOW. All those situational shaman totems and pet binds for warlocks. If I ever play WOW again I'm rolling rogue or something simple.

Secrets
10-31-2014, 10:17 PM

EverQuest is a bit different than a game where you actively have to play DDR with hotbuttons and cooldowns. That's what I was used to in WoW.

I also play a Bard on P99, so there's a bit of hotbuttons to press sans cooldowns. I played a druid on Live and have developed countless servers so I know how all the classes work. There's no reactionary combat in EQ unless you are playing a caster class on a single target scenario, or are doing PvP (which I don't).

Going back to WoW and Destro Locks - Sure, Destro was largely unchanged, except I PvP and have to spec into Howl of Terror or lose Shadowfury/Mortal Coil if I want it.

I also don't have the option to move while casting for more than 8 seconds because KJC is activated now (largely worthless as a talent now with the alternatives, but may keep it for arenas)

My succubus has a shorter mez and shares CD with incapacitates, and fuck, with 4 buttons and no real escapes anymore, I may as well go affliction for PvP.

I do like that in PVE I have a 4-button rotation, for PvP it's arguably the worst thing ever to happen to the class/spec.

Reguiy
10-31-2014, 10:41 PM
you should check out smite.. pretty fun pvp game

Ya smite is cool. A lot of old 3rd person WASD fans go to smite instead of dota/league.

jcr4990
10-31-2014, 10:51 PM
World of Warcraft is an awful video game