PDA

View Full Version : So how much dual boxing is there, or are they just AFK

Taxi
09-09-2010, 08:51 AM
Yesterday, ive never seen so much people in the tunnel, stopped playing for maybe 3 months, when peak was at like 600 players.

Back then, the tunnel was kind of new and any noob asking for a buff would get it pretty quick.

Like i was saying, never saw that much people in the tunnel, and yet, i asked for buffs for 10mins and nobody reacted. Some guy i just talked to said he had the same experience.

So are all these people AFKs? Or just the consequence of allowing dual boxing and those are the toons of the "wife" and "girlfriend" that are just left there to trade?

I know the devs dont owe us shit, but id be curious to know what the dual boxing looks like, like how many IPs have asked for exemptions and gotten it.

What are people's experience from the tunnel, people that have rolled lowbies recently with no guild tags? You getting buffs easy or the silent treatment as well?

Lelroni
09-09-2010, 09:07 AM
Random_Dude01: hey man can I get a DS
*silence*
Random_dude02: Hello Sir, might I have a Damage Shield?
*silence*
Random_dude03: ds plz
*silence*

Teeheefemalewoodelf: can I have a ds hun?
Me: Come to tunnel ent

Moral of the story? Roll a mangina, I'll shower you with my 25 pt. DS all day

Erasong
09-09-2010, 09:09 AM
same experience but in a different way. I find a lot of "auctioners" are giving a message once every 5-10 mins and do not respond till its next auction time. I mean this could just be the way to do it. Lord knows i dont want to sit in front of a screen, staring, waiting for responses. At the same time tho these "auctioners" have quite often been low level alts, naked, and only seen in EC. Now i can see the need for a trader alt if you are a reseller or are never close to EC, but the combination of the two DOES look suspect. In the end i reserve judgment because there still is no concrete proof of wrongdoing.

Erasong
09-09-2010, 09:10 AM

Is this code for "ill make it rain on a bitch"?

Seeatee
09-09-2010, 09:12 AM
well, I know when I am camping EC for a certain item, I will give out my auction then turn my chair around and play fallout 3 or what ever other game i happen to be playing at the time, of course I also put up an afk message letting folks know I am not here but will check back within 5 - 10 minutes.

Rasterburn
09-09-2010, 09:47 AM
I was under the impression that dual-boxing and multi-boxing was illegal on this server.

Taxi
09-09-2010, 09:52 AM
I was under the impression that dual-boxing and multi-boxing was illegal on this server.

Yea if they catch you. But ive got 2 boxes here, if i ask for a IP exemption, how could they ever tell that its my wife or me manning both keyboards? If im careful and all.

The only reason im not doing it is cuz i understand that this would run this server into the ground, if dual boxing was allowed to creep up.

The main reason (i think) p99 is that popular is because people need to group.

Toony
09-09-2010, 09:54 AM
Like i was saying, never saw that much people in the tunnel, and yet, i asked for buffs for 10mins and nobody reacted.

Don't assume people are afk just because they don't respond to you.

Taxi
09-09-2010, 09:56 AM
Don't assume people are afk just because they don't respond to you.

Im just trying to get feedback to see if peoples experiences have been similar, cuz im just about to stop porting any guy that has a major guild tag on top of his head.

Alawen Everywhere
09-09-2010, 10:02 AM
There does seem to be a lot of AFK in the tunnel, but that could just be people... AFK. Not everything is something sinister.

I spend a couple hours most days at the front of the tunnel helping people out with buffs and socializing. Look for me if you need something; I try to respond to all buff requests. Sometimes I even have something to auction!

mgellan
09-09-2010, 11:31 AM
I advertise my auction and then read my ebook, watching for any white text in my chat box. If someone asks me specifically for a SOW I'll do it, but most of the time someone beats me to it...

Regards,
Mg

Dantes
09-09-2010, 11:51 AM
WIVES ARE NOT CLASSIC! There's a lot of silent wives out there who don't post here, don't say anything ingame and don't respond to tells. The guys gotta make up excuses like, "Oh yeah, she don't talk much. I keep her locked in the shed while she's not playing EQ." It does make me suspicious. But then again, who's to say they didn't legitimately get the IP exemption to start with and then wifey decided "this game sucks," and now, conveniently you have another box and a second account to use. In that case, it's only a matter of time before they are caught red-handed.

I noticed several newbs asking for buffs last night. In the amount of time they spent begging for buffs they could have had another level. Somebody was also begging for a port to Lavastorm for 45 minutes. WALK THERE, it's like 5 minutes away, jeez. Maybe people just ignore stuff they don't want to hear?

azeth
09-09-2010, 11:53 AM
I noticed several newbs asking for buffs last night. In the amount of time they spent begging for buffs they could have had another level.

this and folks buying/selling in EC to upgrade gear in order to level always make me laugh.

In the amount of time you spent finding a bargain on an Obsidian Shard, then flipping it for cash for an SSB, then flipping that for cash for 2x Obsidian Shards -> you prolly coulda camped Yaks.

Taxi
09-09-2010, 12:05 PM
I noticed several newbs asking for buffs last night. In the amount of time they spent begging for buffs they could have had another level.

Right cuz if it didnt take me 45 mins to grind level 5 to 6 so i can do the orc camp for the 4th time, it wouldnt be an adventure! :rolleyes:

Come on, you got like 50 geared toons there, youve done EC a bazillion times, you just wanna get into grouping, you cant really blame people who find lvl3-6 boring to death and lookin for buffs to speed things up.

guineapig
09-09-2010, 12:26 PM
Why doesn't anyone bother to use the audio triggers?

Just create one for "tells you" and you will receive a chime every time you get a tell.
That way you won't keep potential buyers waiting.

Dantes
09-09-2010, 12:26 PM
Well, yeah I can see that. But I get bored while looking for buffs and I hate to ask for favors. I guess I just don't have the patience for it. Maybe "my wife" should play, she can give me buffs.

Serrack
09-09-2010, 01:29 PM
There's a lot of silent wives out there who don't post here, don't say anything in game and don't respond to tells.

I know you were trying to be sarcastic, but actually this describes my wife. As far as she's concerned we are playing an RPG together, Baldur's Gate style.

She has no real desire to interact with anyone, because frankly most of us are not that interesting to talk to. She's got one other female that she talks to, who coincidentally is not very vocal either. Believe it or not guys, when you prattle on all day in /ooc about penis size and who is gay/stupid/l33t it tends to turn women away from the community.

bgueret
09-09-2010, 01:38 PM
Random_Dude01: hey man can I get a DS
*silence*
Random_dude02: Hello Sir, might I have a Damage Shield?
*silence*
Random_dude03: ds plz
*silence*

Teeheefemalewoodelf: can I have a ds hun?
Me: Come to tunnel ent

This is why I rolled a female. Who's going to say no to a buxom, green-haired ogre female?

Omnimorph
09-09-2010, 01:45 PM
random : hail omnimorph
random : clarity?

me : ... oh wait what? you mean i didn't just clarity you when you hailed me? sincerest apologies kind sir... maybe if you learn to /tell omnimorph "may i get a clarity plz?" i might actually help you out...

I buff anyone who asks in a polite manner. If you're rude, then expect me to be afk.

and i afk alot... so... expect me to be afk.

Klath
09-10-2010, 04:12 PM
I suspect that quite a few people park toons in EC just to log item prices when they aren't actively playing.

hueylewis187
09-10-2010, 04:36 PM
I'm sure some of them are boxed. It's just hard to catch them until they make trades with their own ip. If they did get an exemption or do it another way.

I think some of the people got exemptions legit for their family/roommate. Than One of them Quit playing. Than they box. I have never boxed and never will. It would be more of a headache than anything to control two people and it ruins the server. Just like the Duping ruined a lot of the high lvl items. Just like the drama and Hacking spawn times ruined the lvl 50 raid game. It's a shame that The players are ruining this server. The best server , but tons of the players are very very bad. Cheating / exploiting / boxing. I bet half the people do it. I've /petitioned and caught 10 people or so boxing. 2 people Macroquesting months ago. I will keep up the good fight when / if we start playing again. Taking a break from the server for awhile , just so it's fun again. CMon Kunarrrrk!

rioisk
09-10-2010, 04:51 PM
The problem is and forever will be that people returning to EQ Classic after this long are for the most part the direhard kind. P1999 is an example of what happens when all the most hardcore players from every server back in the day gather on one server and compete for spawns. Drama. Hacking. Cheating. Hating. Poopsocking.

HippoNipple
09-10-2010, 04:56 PM
The sad part is the people who are boxing/exploiting the most are usually the people who are already on top, just making it even harder for the rest to compete or catch up.

There is nothing you can do about it though, the people boxing, exploiting, and playing 24/7 are all addicted nut jobs and won't quit until they have 5 level 50's in planar gear. It's a sickness and they will find a way to get an edge on the normal crowd no matter what is done. If they get banned for boxing they will probably have a character PL to 50 in two weeks anyways.

Dork
09-10-2010, 06:24 PM
I'm usually there on my Druid, buffing. I try to respond/buff everyone, but sometimes I miss people. And sometimes my daughter is stealing shit outta the cupboard, so I'm AFK.

quellren
09-10-2010, 08:09 PM
...P99...Drama. Hacking. Cheating. Hating. Poopsocking.

Sig Worthy. :cool:

Kava
09-11-2010, 02:47 AM
I just liked POOPSOCKING.... holy crap...

And Omnimorph.... Jamiroquai... me likes

Polyphemous
09-11-2010, 02:55 AM
I don't understand why you are worried about people dual boxing so they can have a trader online. That is a ridiculous waste of dual boxing, especially considering how easy it is to find a reseller, whether a pro or someone in guild who can do the trade thing at work but can't really play. The reason people dual box, and why it is banned is because you'd see hordes of 2-char/ 1 player grps running around, lvling fast and not grouping with anyone else. Ench/Cler duos lined up 10 deep at freeti, necro/ mag/ shm/ dru combos lined up at every other loot camp. And lvl 50 druids PLing up characters for resale.

Sigmastorm
09-11-2010, 03:26 AM
Why do people still play this piece of shit game.

r0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0 o0ofl

girth
09-11-2010, 06:13 AM
Why do people still play this piece of shit game.

r0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0 o0ofl

Same reason faggots like you still post on these forums.

fugazi
09-11-2010, 06:16 AM
Roll a mangina.

Quoted for truthiness. Roll something with boobs and a vagina and let nerdy cropped up testosteron splatter all over you in buffy goodness.

Eccentricaa
09-11-2010, 07:00 AM
I suspect that quite a few people park toons in EC just to log item prices when they aren't actively playing.

I've been doing hay Lot right now. Im fairly new to the server, and have not fully adjusted to the prices.

When in the tunnel, I buff lowbies only if i feel like it and only if they are not pushy about it. It's almost a game, to see how long they stand there for a 5 minute ds, while I pretend to be afk. Sometimes I don't want to use the mana, because I'm medding. At 29 a Druid port costs half a bar of mana. One port there, and one port back, your oom. Go to tunnel to med, while looking for your next port fare.

Tseng
09-11-2010, 08:43 AM
I ignore any request I don't feel like fulfilling.

Lara
09-11-2010, 09:14 AM
[QUOTE=Dantes;137893]WIVES ARE NOT CLASSIC! There's a lot of silent wives out there who don't post here, don't say anything ingame and don't respond to tells. The guys gotta make up excuses like, "Oh yeah, she don't talk much. I keep her locked in the shed while she's not playing EQ." It does make me suspicious.

Dantes!!!
Wives are classic! You are reading one posting here right now =)
I am sure that many more exist upon the p1999 game community , but are like myself and not all that talkative.

We exist!!!
Lara

Bones
09-11-2010, 09:50 AM
[QUOTE=Dantes;137893]WIVES ARE NOT CLASSIC! There's a lot of silent wives out there who don't post here, don't say anything ingame and don't respond to tells. The guys gotta make up excuses like, "Oh yeah, she don't talk much. I keep her locked in the shed while she's not playing EQ." It does make me suspicious.

Dantes!!!
I am sure that many more exist upon the p1999 game community , but are like myself and not all that talkative.

We exist!!!
Lara

<3 Lara & Danth. Miss you guys!

Seaweedpimp
09-11-2010, 10:43 AM
Funny, my brother and i have an IP exemption, but sometimes id like to log on his dru for a sow, but im too scared of getting that exemption away. Just not worth it. Even for a quick sow.

Im skurd. It just wouldnt be worth the risk because if i got caught, guess whos gonna be pissed? The person who did nothing. Lol. (him)

redghosthunter
09-11-2010, 10:56 AM
Ow come on now.. theres no boxing here. People enjoy exping facing the walls for hours and hours casting those heals.

fastboy21
09-11-2010, 10:58 AM
when i auction I frequently go afk for 10 minutes a time...when i camp a mob i frequently set a timer and go afk for the precise amount of time. i would absolutely appear to be playing another toon or macro'ing...but i'm not.

the bottom line is that this is not live. we don't pay to play. this is 100% the devs sandbox...and you can like it or leave it. the rule is no boxing, and the devs get to decide how to enforce it. if you don't like the rule or how its enforced you can leave...that you think you are entitled to have some kind of say in the issue is beyond your role here.

quellren
09-11-2010, 12:53 PM
Ive recently set up audio triggers to parse for item auctions, I log in, make some summoned food and do other computer stuff while I listen.

Enderenter
09-11-2010, 01:07 PM
Like i was saying, never saw that much people in the tunnel, and yet, i asked for buffs for 10mins and nobody reacted. Some guy i just talked to said he had the same experience.

People don't buff in general now because of trainers. Blame them.

ShadowWulf
09-11-2010, 02:20 PM

Dantes!!!

We exist!!!
Lara

Lol my wife plays, and posts on these forums to boot also. But yea sometimes in groups if she doesn't like the people she just wont talk. Anybody who knows us well enough has grouped with us both before.

Glaani
09-11-2010, 02:46 PM
Another wife here! :) So no, not every IP exemption is a cover for a boxer. :P We actually met on EQ 8 years ago; it's been a lot of fun to get to play the game together again.

Glaani
Lvl 15 shamaness

jeffd
09-11-2010, 02:48 PM
the number of wives on this server is far, far fewer than the number of "wives."

if you don't come across a handful of 2boxers every day, you just don't know how to spot one.

Harrison
09-11-2010, 02:50 PM
Or you're fabricating entirely way too much bullshit due to your paranoia...

Anaiyah
09-11-2010, 03:59 PM
the number of wives on this server is far, far fewer than the number of "wives."

if you don't come across a handful of 2boxers every day, you just don't know how to spot one.

Fuckin bullshit.

Danth
09-11-2010, 04:25 PM
Harrison has it about right. I've been baselessly accused of two-boxing (hah! what a laugh.) more times than I can recollect by random witch hunters. The self-appointed police aren't nearly so clever as they think...rather they're just all too eager to point their fingers at *anyone* who isn't living alone. Real easy to make accusations from the anonymous safety of a computer screen. I just shrug it off as white noise.

The funny part...if the wife and I don't tell anyone we're married, nobody ever says a word. Not even once. To me, that merely indicates that the folks throwing out accusations left and right aren't motivated by rational fact so much as by their own jealousy and loneliness. Sorry your lives suck, guys.

I figure the actual two-boxers (who doubtlessly exist) are flying under the radar more or less un-noticed. Probably getting a laugh from this thread. Certainly these internet sleuths can't differentiate 'em from actual people.

<3 Lara & Danth. Miss you guys!

Hey Bones, glad to see you're still around. Believe it or not, Lara and I still play on occasion; maybe we'll run into you at some point. We were out of commission for a good while (all summer, pretty much) due to ISP problems.

Danth

Harrison
09-11-2010, 04:55 PM
Welcome back~

We need more intelligence in the community. It is sorely lacking in abundance.

I feel like we've attracted the absolute lowest of the low in terms of integrity and stupidity at times.

purist
09-11-2010, 05:12 PM
I feel like we've attracted the absolute lowest of the low in terms of integrity and stupidity at times.

You mean like the time that one kid lied about being a "combat" medic in Afghanistan only to get called out on it?

Oh wait, that was you.

Bodeanicus
09-11-2010, 05:15 PM
Welcome back~

We need more intelligence in the community. It is sorely lacking in abundance.

The guy who lied about being a combat veteran is chastising the community for lack of intelligence and integrity. Whatever you say, Sgt. Slaughter. Been listening to Limbaugh today? You show a similar level of bold faced hypocrisy.

Harrison
09-11-2010, 05:59 PM
Lol thank God there's only three of you extremely delusional pussies on this board or it would devolve into some really ridiculous fantasyland bullshit

Your attempts to tie me to extremely retarded right wing blowhards are pretty hilarious too. I am hardly an extremist simply because I think you're a pathetic joke of a human being.

Bodeanicus
09-11-2010, 07:24 PM
Again with the projection, you don't need to be calling anyone a "delusional pussy."

inyane
09-11-2010, 08:22 PM
well, the information i'd like the devs to release is...just how many IP exemptions are there?

100? 1000? 5000?

as far as two boxing, i'd bet the majority that do two box are just logging on second accounts for buffs, rez's, ports, etc, not actually off duoing or pl'ing someplace

ssyrax
09-11-2010, 08:35 PM
I didn't read through every page, and I'm not trying to be a douche, but... It's not everyone elses job to buff you. If they dont respond to you, they may just not want to buff you. Just because you roll a class that happens to be a well known buffer doesn't mean you are obligated to buff everyone that comes by. As a person with a druid toon, If I am on my druid I will buff 95% of people who ask me.... However there is that 5% of the time where I just dont feel like it and am annoyed enough that I dont even feel like wasting my breath responding.

druziil
09-11-2010, 10:08 PM
as a 50 druid i buff anyone who asks, with a SoW. If you want any other druid buffs than that you should find a level appropriate druid and offer them a group

Seaweedpimp
09-11-2010, 10:10 PM
as a 50 druid i buff anyone who asks, with a SoW. If you want any other druid buffs than that you should find a level appropriate druid and offer them a group

Lol, Fuck you kid.

liveitup1216
09-11-2010, 10:47 PM

i duno, whenever im in EC and not afk i shout for noobs to hail me and i churn out the endless hp / sow /chloro.

i mean if im gona be sitting there twiddling my thumbs, why the hell not?

druziil
09-12-2010, 09:29 AM
i also do not hang out in the tunnel that much, so when i do its business time, not plvl any shitbag alt to self entitled to go group like the game is intended to be

Lol, Fuck you kid.

No, Fuck you kid.

Harrison
09-12-2010, 09:42 AM
i also do not hang out in the tunnel that much, so when i do its business time, not plvl any shitbag alt to self entitled to go group like the game is intended to be

No, Fuck you kid.

Yeah, clicking a spell while you stand there doing absolutely nothing is just too much for you.

Dickhead.

Trimm
09-12-2010, 09:52 AM
i duno, whenever im in EC and not afk i shout for noobs to hail me and i churn out the endless hp / sow /chloro.

i mean if im gona be sitting there twiddling my thumbs, why the hell not?

Pretty much this. Its part of being a buffing class. Even on my 40 shaman I know that if I hang out at the end of the EC tunnel, i'll end up spending most of my time buffing people, that's fine with me.

If it really bothers you when people ask for buffs, standing at the end of the tunnel is probably not the best place to be.

ElanoraBryght
09-12-2010, 10:18 AM
People are entirely too paranoid that they are being run over by boxers and MQers.

Yesterday someone sends me a tell, accusing me of targeting mobs that weren't visible. Yes I was - it's called using your Target nearest PC / Cycle through nearest PCs hotkeys. Depending on the zone and your camera angle, you can target mobs that aren't visible because they are under water, behind a cliff, behind a wall without ever running afoul of the rules.

ssyrax
09-12-2010, 10:38 AM
Pretty much this. Its part of being a buffing class. Even on my 40 shaman I know that if I hang out at the end of the EC tunnel, i'll end up spending most of my time buffing people, that's fine with me.

If it really bothers you when people ask for buffs, standing at the end of the tunnel is probably not the best place to be.

Quite honestly, its not part of being a buffing class... Just because you choose to be a buffing class does not require somehow that you are responsible for buffing every Joe Shmoe who walks by because they feel its your job.

I usually do buff people, shit I play a Paladin as my main and I often times even use my own Jaspers to symbol young players as I am running by. HOWEVER, it is not my responsibility I do it because I want to, not because its part of "being a buffing class".

I grew up playing without lvl 50 buffs, I didn't ask people for them, I graciously accepted them if I received them by a player running by but thats it.

I do agree with the last part, about standing at the front of the tunnel, not the best place to stand but frankly you can stand by shady and still get requests, even when /role. Trust me it happens on my druid frequently, which is where I sit if I am in EC...

It has gotten to the point where, if I happen to be in a bad mood, I have to find some obscure corner of the world and /hide so people can't see me and ask me for buffs every 5 seconds.

Kinamur1999
09-12-2010, 10:41 AM
There's so much /say spam at tunnel entrance I tend to just ignore it, mainly because I grew tired of noobs running up to me and demanding buffs without thanks like I'm a vending machine.

But for those that send tells for anything I give them the works.

Eccentricaa
09-12-2010, 10:56 AM
People are entirely too paranoid that they are being run over by boxers and MQers.

The witch hunt does get annoying. Our guild, which is only like 8-10 people, hunt day and night together. Folks will train us, just to see if we all move, or are on auto follow. We get stupid tells asking pointless questions, (trying to see if any are afk.)

God forbid one of our members has to piss or anything, and is afk, or on af.

I do play EQ with my husband. (kids dont like the graphics, so they wont play this with us, but have played wow/eq2, etc with us but thats another story) You know what? I do put him on af, if i need to run to the bathroom, am checking on the pizza in the oven, etc.. I also put him on af, because im lazy.

You know what else? I may not respond to your tells because (a) i dont want to, (b) i dont care, (c) it was a dumb ass question (d) im busy talking with guild or group, or (E) i have you on ignore already.

Boxers, who are the problem, are the ones trying to make sure they dont get banned. They do this, by NOT HUNTING TOGETHER. They are the single guy, sitting on a spawn point semi afk.(stick one by hadden, one by pyzjn, one at ac camp in oot, etc.) The stationary camps, with the rare rare spawns. They are the ones who sit 24/7 in ec, yet by some miracle, they always have tons of loot to sell. They are the semi afk exp sponges you get in pick up groups, you know, the mage who seems to forget to send in his pet 50 percent of the time, takes frequent afks, etc.. (I know, some of those folks arent boxing eq... they could be like my husband, running eve on the other monitor)

Point is..
People who wish to break the rules will do so regardless. Not only using IP exceptions, but proxy servers, etc.

The honest people who do wish to box, dont.

The honest people, are at a disadvantage.

No solution would make everyone happy. But if you allow boxing, you would at least give some honest people a means of keeping up with the dishonest ones.

Erasong
09-12-2010, 12:22 PM
This is really a 2 part argument.

On the first count do I believe theres a ton of closet 2boxers? No, but the ones that ARE around make it bad enough that people are looking for more.

On the second count of buffing people, different strokes imo. I mean you cant just expect someone to buff you whenever you feel like being buffed. Mana is free and they might be sitting there doing nothing but they dont you you anything either. Some people will be nice enough to do it and some will not. No reason to flame anyone on either side. If you got free buffs from some semi idle seller consider it lucky, get some easy xp, and move along.

Seaweedpimp
09-12-2010, 12:46 PM
I bet you guys get scared of lvl 5 newbies asking for buffs like a lvl 5 newbie gets scared of a hill giant that walks too close.

Dur Dur DURRRRR

What doushe.

fastboy21
09-12-2010, 01:04 PM
there are two reasons why people hate boxing on this server:

1. (the minority) are the people who hate boxing because they think it destroys the game, community, experience of playing, etc. these people are on a crusade to weed out anyone that is violating this commandment and committing the sin of boxing.

2. (the majority) are the people who are rule abiding and have voluntarily (either out of fear of being caught or respect for the rules) agreed to abide honestly with the rules of no boxing. these people hate boxers for doing something they would like to do, but can't because of the rules.

I'll openly admit that I'm one of the second types of people. The only reason I don't box is because it is against the rules, and I wouldn't want to risk having an account/ip banned. So, when I see someone else doing it and getting the benefits from it that I would like it really pisses me off.

I also openly admit that my reasons for getting pissed when I see other people boxing are selfish and not entirely mature for someone my age. Oh well...screw 'em. If I can't do it then nobody else should be allowed to do it either.

As for the devs, I have ZERO influence in what they decide to do because this is their play pen. So, I will go along with their decisions.

If I want to box more than I want to play classic, then I'll go back to live.

zianlo1
09-12-2010, 01:44 PM

1. (the minority) are the people who hate boxing because they think it destroys the game, community, experience of playing, etc. these people are on a crusade to weed out anyone that is violating this commandment and committing the sin of boxing.

2. (the majority) are the people who are rule abiding and have voluntarily (either out of fear of being caught or respect for the rules) agreed to abide honestly with the rules of no boxing. these people hate boxers for doing something they would like to do, but can't because of the rules.

I'll openly admit that I'm one of the second types of people. The only reason I don't box is because it is against the rules, and I wouldn't want to risk having an account/ip banned. So, when I see someone else doing it and getting the benefits from it that I would like it really pisses me off.

I also openly admit that my reasons for getting pissed when I see other people boxing are selfish and not entirely mature for someone my age. Oh well...screw 'em. If I can't do it then nobody else should be allowed to do it either.

As for the devs, I have ZERO influence in what they decide to do because this is their play pen. So, I will go along with their decisions.

What this guy said...Im in group 2 tbh =/

ShadowWulf
09-12-2010, 02:13 PM

You need to switch 1 and 2 around, a server vote showed conclusively more people did NOT want boxing than did by a huge margin.
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2738
Sorry but YOU are the minority. Now go feel repressed elsewhere.

nalkin
09-12-2010, 02:15 PM

1. (the majority) are the people who don't think boxing should be allowed because they think it destroys the game, community, experience of playing, etc.

2. (the minority) are the people who are rule abiding and have voluntarily (either out of fear of being caught or respect for the rules) agreed to abide honestly with the rules of no boxing. these people hate boxers for doing something they would like to do, but can't because of the rules.

Fixed.

Everquest is a social game, if boxing were allowed people would be forced to box in order to be competitive. No one would group with anyone but themselves. There is no way they will allow boxing on this server because they know it would ruin it. You can box at PEQ so why not play there?

Taxi
09-12-2010, 02:20 PM
Id sometimes have liked to buff my alts with my druid and PL but understand that it would screw up the server so i was ok with it.

I was just mainly wanting to have feedback on peoples experiences leveling in EC.

zianlo1
09-12-2010, 02:22 PM
Does peq have stuff past luclin? Or go higher lvls than velious offered? If so, p99 is where ill stay. Give me boxing with nothing past velious and Ill play there though =P I disliked SoL and everything after it, but p99 is the only one I see that isnt easy mode or retarded.

Ronas
09-12-2010, 06:33 PM
Looking for SOW, DS... and a port to NRO!

Any of you bastards awake in here?

fastboy21
09-12-2010, 08:53 PM
Fixed.

Everquest is a social game, if boxing were allowed people would be forced to box in order to be competitive. No one would group with anyone but themselves. There is no way they will allow boxing on this server because they know it would ruin it. You can box at PEQ so why not play there?

I don't disagree with you. In fact, I agree with you. I wasn't commenting on whether or not we should have boxing on this server, or even if the majority or minority of players would like to have boxing.

My comments were aimed at the people who "get angry" when they find boxers in game. I think most people who are vehemently upset when they find boxing going on in game are upset because they don't like to see someone getting away with something that they are afraid to do because of the consequences.

I think most of the server doesn't get vehemently upset when they see boxing. Its a small percentage that do...and that segment is who I was posting about.

Its like when I see someone speeding on the highway. I usually am not mad because I think they are doing something dangerous. I get mad because I got a ticket last week for speeding when I was going slower than they are. I was commenting on the dynamic of why some people get angry when they see others getting away with something....

Anyways, my final comment on the topic (and many other comments) has always been that my opinion (and yours, unless you are a dev) doesn't matter. Like it or leave it. This is their house, their rules. I can't say I agree with everything they do, but I respect their authority to do it absolutely.

Toodles.

Goobles
09-13-2010, 12:05 AM
I remember days when Hasbinbad would don his full suit of Rubicite and sit at the tunnel mouth afk.

Harrison
09-13-2010, 12:06 AM
He was probably sitting there hoping someone would talk to him.

Sigmastorm
09-13-2010, 12:45 AM
If you aren't boxing right now, you are missing out.

Bitches don't know about my 3 boxing, stupid ass n00bs.

azeth
09-13-2010, 08:13 AM
I think most of the server doesn't get vehemently upset when they see boxing. Its a small percentage that do...and that segment is who I was posting about..

As someone with a legitimate ip exempt I get pretty pissed off when I see folks 2 boxing, solely due to all those situations where I refused to log on my wife's ENC to buff my magician. Just drives me crazy that I went out of my way not to box and often see fairly obvious boxing.

I encourage everyone to petition and screenshot anyone, including meep/az/kashi, they suspect because getting their name's in the GM's heads is the first step. 4-5 more petitions come in about XYZ, I'm sure they'll get looked into. The times where a GM has checked up on Kashi and I did not bother us at all, I'm actually it didn't happen more often assuming everyone is as disgusted with boxing as I am.

azeth
09-13-2010, 08:13 AM
actually surprised*

Hasbinbad
09-13-2010, 09:58 AM
I remember days when Hasbinbad would don his full suit of Rubicite and sit at the tunnel mouth afk.
..back when everyone said "EC TUNNEL WILL NEVAR COME BAK, SO KEEP GLOBAL OOC!!"

nalkin
09-13-2010, 12:25 PM
..back when Finawin said "EC TUNNEL WILL NEVAR COME BAK, SO KEEP GLOBAL OOC!!"

fixed

nalkin
09-13-2010, 12:25 PM
eh he probably threw in a few "retards" in there as well.

Harrison
09-13-2010, 03:09 PM
I definitely did. :P

starguitar33
09-13-2010, 03:27 PM
Sometimes I spend all day buying low selling high. I choose to do this on a banker alt because A. I dont like being asked for buffs, 'cause when I leveled my first toon, I didnt go around bumming buffs off people, I went out and leveled. I think its annoying when i bring my mage lvl 50 to the tunnel and I'm stalked by lowbies for a DS, and harrassed because I dont feel like casting it. I didnt level myself to 50 just for lowbies to "bum a ds".

As for AFK, if im gonna buy/sell all day, or looking for a specific item, I dont need to be there all day. Sometimes I log in and I'm not even really playing, Im either watching anime or just watching what people in guild are saying. Being in EC tunnel isnt like being out in the wilds where you can die if you go afk. I go afk anytime I feel like it with pride.

Harrison
09-13-2010, 03:37 PM
Lol you don't feel like clicking a button when you're already sitting there doing nothing?

I don't get you people.

ShadowWulf
09-13-2010, 04:19 PM
Lol you don't feel like clicking a button when you're already sitting there doing nothing?

I don't get you people.

I might be reading a book at the same time, and just forget to alt-tab back for awhile.

Harrison
09-13-2010, 04:47 PM
Sometimes I spend all day buying low selling high. I choose to do this on a banker alt because A. I dont like being asked for buffs, 'cause when I leveled my first toon, I didnt go around bumming buffs off people, I went out and leveled. I think its annoying when i bring my mage lvl 50 to the tunnel and I'm stalked by lowbies for a DS, and harrassed because I dont feel like casting it. I didnt level myself to 50 just for lowbies to "bum a ds".

As for AFK, if im gonna buy/sell all day, or looking for a specific item, I dont need to be there all day. Sometimes I log in and I'm not even really playing, Im either watching anime or just watching what people in guild are saying. Being in EC tunnel isnt like being out in the wilds where you can die if you go afk. I go afk anytime I feel like it with pride.

Was in response to that Shadowwulf :P

Morticon
09-13-2010, 04:58 PM
Being in EC tunnel isnt like being out in the wilds where you can die if you go afk. I go afk anytime I feel like it with pride.Actually, it can be. I was trained in the EC tunnel last month while AFK and lost 16 levels! [INSERT LOLs HERE] I blame myself because I was stupid by also being bound there. I examined the logs and noticed several good Samaritans that tried to save me by moving the mob away or telling me to /q. Unfortunately, the trainer was relentless in bringing the mob back to me. I never did hear back anything on my petition which I knew was a long-shot. In fact, I haven't played that toon since except to cry over my 200+ corpses...I guess chalk one up for the griefer.

--Morticon

Psionide
09-13-2010, 05:03 PM
I saw this gnome getting beat on over and over by a HG in WC. Just dying over and over and over and over he was anon so i couldnt see the damage but i felt bad but I just couldn't look away.