PDA

View Full Version : Bats and Bugs

AexDestroy
09-07-2010, 03:14 PM
Ok, just to throw a random dispute in the air regarding this camp. Thought I should get some opinions on the matter.

Facts:

The typical BNB camp on this server is at the room with the 2 bats that spawn in the first upper cubby. This room is a bottleneck. Meaning, that half of the zone is only easily reachable, through this passage.

Beyond this room where the typical BNB camp is... there are 27 bats, spiders, and lava beetles.

Solb has 22 minute respawns.

No groups ever pull all of these 27 mobs, seeing as how you'd have to average over a mob a minute, as long as the group is holding together.
Which is pretty hard unless you've got a really solid group with huge dps, and infinite heals.

Average groups will be at 15-20 mobs killed before respawns start coming. Which means there's still a good handful of mobs sitting there never being pulled.

The rules state "If you have no competition in the zone, you are more than welcome to hold as many as you like." And basically that means if theres 7-12 mobs just sitting there not being pulled ANYONE CAN PULL THESE MOBS.

Problems:

People in the typical BNB camp, feel that somehow, because they are sitting at a bottleneck, that they have claim to every single mob beyond them. This is ridiculous. If there was another way around your group, we'd be pulling from there. Unfortunately this is simply not an option.

People KS these mobs being pulled by other groups. They then bitch and moan and complain that BNB is camped.... Yes, sure, BNB is camped.... but there's simply too many mobs for you to handle. Open mobs, are open for anyone at any camp at any time to pull and XP from.

Yes, this means that sometimes a newb asshole is gonna fuck it up for you at BNB and cause a train. However, this isn't always the case, and KSing mobs and being a general douche about this is lame.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just letting people know, that I under no circumstances will cease pulling mobs from behind your group that are not being killed. Those mobs are some of the best XP in zone, and when added to a nice royals group really kick up the XP gain. I do not train people intentionally, ever, nor will I ever do this. If I do train (which is really hard, unless youre trying to break that 3ldc room, which I dont do. Or when trying to split stone spider room, which I rarely do when outside of a bnb group. Most accidental pulls are an add spawned on top of you. [Timers significantly help prevent this disaster]) I will give you ample time to know about it, by shouting as many times as possible.

Trains happen. Its EQ, not WoW. If this is a problem, there's even WoW emu too. I suggest you get back to it.

AexDestroy
09-07-2010, 03:16 PM
Errr I Guess the one circumstance in which I wouldnt pull passed you, is if in fact you were successfully managing all 27 mobs in a timely manner. Which Im open to. I just have never seen any group do it.

AexDestroy
09-07-2010, 03:16 PM
Errrrr add redundancy. My bad.

ShnarfShnarf
09-07-2010, 03:22 PM
It's because people don't pull the "spare" mobs they run in and pull the first mob they see which isn't 20 mobs deep.

That, and most of the pullers in solb train the group sitting at bottleneck. Blame the group for sitting there if you want but imo if you're pulling through a group be prepared to lose a mob when it agros the group over your puller and be ready to get bitched at when you train the group out.

AexDestroy
09-07-2010, 03:31 PM
It's because people don't pull the "spare" mobs they run in and pull the first mob they see which isn't 20 mobs deep.

That, and most of the pullers in solb train the group sitting at bottleneck. Blame the group for sitting there if you want but imo if you're pulling through a group be prepared to lose a mob when it agros the group over your puller and be ready to get bitched at when you train the group out.

Well I can't speak for everyone on the server. But when I acknowledge a BNB group, I leave the first room alone, the hallway to the right with the 3 bats, nox room (however if youre not sitting on nox spawn in this room, and then nox actually spawns, youre not claiming it.), or death beetle room (but same thing with death beetle spawn as nox). I only pull mobs from where the 2 Lava Beetles are, next to the 3LDC room, and passed that. Which is not only 100% legitimate, its fucking generous.

ShnarfShnarf
09-07-2010, 03:33 PM
Which is not only 100% legitimate, its fucking generous.

Agreed, however not everyone is so generous.

Harrison
09-08-2010, 06:26 PM
Groups that pull over my groups have their mobs taken, period. It's basically a free pull, thanks.

You are a nuisance and an asshole for doing it and no sympathy is given.

Erasong
09-08-2010, 07:33 PM
i never heard of a "bnb " group till i came to this emu. it was always nox and upper nox. they never sat in that bottleneck either. this has been kind of an ongoing debate since last year.

AexDestroy
09-08-2010, 07:41 PM
Groups that pull over my groups have their mobs taken, period. It's basically a free pull, thanks.

You are a nuisance and an asshole for doing it and no sympathy is given.

Glad to hear it. Ill make sure to pull a couple extras for you then.

Bubbles
09-08-2010, 08:22 PM
i never heard of a "bnb " group till i came to this emu. it was always nox and upper nox. they never sat in that bottleneck either. this has been kind of an ongoing debate since last year.

^^

This. People camping bats and bugs roamed... If they sat anywhere it was on nox's spot.

I'll never undestand why people sit in a room where a kobold pops, 2 bats in the window can add, and the roamer bat from the right side can aggro and pull all 3 from over there, too.

Never mind, I understand : it's to block the royals group from pulling a couple bats to add to their xp, which forces the royals to steal from the window, which forces the window to steal from the noble, all while 1/2 of the actual Bats N Bugs are alive and untouched.

Not to mention most groups I've seen camping BnB don't even have the dps/groupmakeup to make it all the way to DeathBeetle/StoneSpider(let alone break stone spider) before repops. It's quite sad, really.

Tiax
09-08-2010, 09:16 PM
tip: you can get a levitate and pull them from over the lava.

Noleafclover
09-09-2010, 03:19 AM
tip: you can get a levitate and pull them from over the lava.

I was gonna give this tip, but I'm not sure that works for all bats/bugs. I know it works for the 2 on the ledge, and anything that paths right by the lava - so you can use it for that.

I think at the very least you'd have to make sure you didn't outrun them to where they decided the regular way was faster.

Also.

Tiax rules all!

oldhead
09-09-2010, 03:32 AM
this is why I stay away from Solb.