PDA

View Full Version : Can someone explain the appeal of Blue servers? Really.

Sk00ba5t3v3
10-04-2014, 03:58 PM
I get it. More than 75% of players on p99 play on blue and it is represented similarly on most other games that offer pve and pvp servers. I have trouble understand what the point is playing a Multiplayer game where you can't attack each other. What is the point of freaking out over pixils on p99? is it just so you score bigger #s on NPC AI? Don't get me wrong, I LOVE raiding. I think killing NPC dragons can be fun, to an extent. For me the fun is knowing that Dragon loot I got is going to help me destroy that asshole who was pissing me off yesterday.....because im playing a game with other people.

What do you do to someone who pisses you off, you don't like or is griefing other players? Is pvp on Blue like petition quest? I just dont understand what the loot race is all about when you cant even use your loot against other players.

Will someone please explain to me why I am in the minority and obviously crazy for thinking this way?

BurgyK
10-04-2014, 04:16 PM
the appeal is that unlike red, not everyone on blue is a miserable fucker.

Sk00ba5t3v3
10-04-2014, 04:17 PM
the appeal is that unlike red, not everyone on blue is a miserable fucker.

I would disagree. I have discovered many miserable people on blue which is why this thread even exists. WTF is there to be miserable about on Blue. You are killing only stupid AI. Nobody with a brain can challenge you on blue.

Lune
10-04-2014, 04:21 PM
Yea I dunno, why do people play football when they can just stab the other team to death? Same goes for poker. We should go back to the wild west style where you blast the other guy when you lose. Because it's not about playing poker, that shit is boring, it's about destroying assholes.

good point bro

Sk00ba5t3v3
10-04-2014, 04:32 PM
Yea I dunno, why do people play football when they can just stab the other team to death? Same goes for poker. We should go back to the wild west style where you blast the other guy when you lose. Because it's not about playing poker, that shit is boring, it's about destroying assholes.

good point bro

Don't apply to law school, you would fail. Your analogies are so far off track. Both football and poker would be considered pvp style games/sports. You are playing versus other human beings of similar capability.

Playing on Blue is like teaming up with your friends to play ping pong against a backstop.

paulgiamatti
10-04-2014, 04:37 PM
I'd hardly call it petition quest, but that does happen. The GMs are pretty good about letting players resolve issues themselves on blue. People that grief are usually just really bad at the game, so they can easily be out-griefed in return.

There's also a lot of healthy competition between players on blue - people compete for FFA spawns and for camps in dungeons. Sometimes it can turn into a clusterfuck, but I've very rarely seen a GM actually have to step in and do anything.

EQ is just too imbalanced to allow for a sane PvP environment.

Sk00ba5t3v3
10-04-2014, 05:26 PM
I'd hardly call it petition quest, but that does happen. The GMs are pretty good about letting players resolve issues themselves on blue. People that grief are usually just really bad at the game, so they can easily be out-griefed in return.

There's also a lot of healthy competition between players on blue - people compete for FFA spawns and for camps in dungeons. Sometimes it can turn into a clusterfuck, but I've very rarely seen a GM actually have to step in and do anything.

EQ is just too imbalanced to allow for a sane PvP environment.

Its the imbalance that brings me to EQPVP. In WoW, as an example they have gone out of their way to make the classes balanced to where it almost doesn't matter what you play because every class can heal, tank and heal in some way with the exception of a few classes.

In EQ PVP your class role is very defined. Sure some classes are better at pvp than others. Shouldn't it be that way? Isn't that what it would be like in a realish fantasy world?

Cecily
10-04-2014, 05:29 PM
The mobs have better social skills / more fun to interact with than red player base.

Sk00ba5t3v3
10-04-2014, 05:37 PM
The mobs have better social skills / more fun to interact with than red player base.

Cookie for you sir. Touche.

Barkingturtle
10-04-2014, 05:50 PM
In EQ PVP your class role is very defined. Sure some classes are better at pvp than others. Shouldn't it be that way? Isn't that what it would be like in a realish fantasy world?

So, you want a challenge, you don't want to play ping-pong against a backstop, but you don't want too much of a challenge? Right?

Basically, you want to dominate a one-armed kid at ping-pong and then tell him he's a faggot? Right? Maybe tea-bag his corpse a few times?

I can dig that. I feelz ya. Rolling on Red ASAP. Time to get my balls wet. No homo, ofc.

paulgiamatti
10-04-2014, 05:51 PM
It's the imbalance that brings me to P99 blue. Although I agree MMOs like WoW and its ilk take class balance and casual gameplay to a nauseating extreme, which makes for a very unrewarding gaming experience, EQ PvP as anything except completely optional just seems like a bad idea all around.

My idea of a good PvP environment would involve classes that are much more difficult to level and play and have a much steeper learning curve, but if you invest enough time in it you can become significantly more powerful than other classes. Classes that are weaker and less powerful can flee more easily, or can fill support roles in a hugely beneficial way. I just don't think the foresight was there when EverQuest was originally designed.

I agree EQ PvP is very realistic in a sense, because in reality we live in a capitalistic world where people with more money can screw over the less fortunate, or a random thug can simply walk up behind you and stab you in the back. Conceptually, I don't think this makes for a good PvP gaming idea. I think good PvP is best represented by games like LoL, or the newer FPS MMOs like Planetside 2 or Destiny.

Estolcles
10-04-2014, 05:55 PM

paulgiamatti
10-04-2014, 06:11 PM
Also, w/r/t the red playerbase, I think the imbalance of the game and the ability to grief is the cause of the issue. This was just as true for the Zek servers as it is for P99 red - it's the exact same thing, just a smaller population.

It's doesn't make sense to say, "P99 red sucks, because the players are awful people!" The game mechanics suck, which in turn draws the shitty people. Not the other way around.

iruinedyourday
10-04-2014, 08:17 PM
You can AFK however long oyu want and come back to your desk after being Bawse IRL and play eq again.

Blue is for bawses.

Oleris
10-04-2014, 09:11 PM
game is hard enough without having to worry about someone killing you.

iruinedyourday
10-04-2014, 10:25 PM
it only hurts the first few times

I was Rzek all up in your clasic EQ.. yea PVP is fun, but fuck that, I want to chill and play eq.. I want to CR on my time not when someone else wants me to CR.

When I want to CR, ill fucking do some stupid shit. Until then, I'll run around and enjoy the fluffy pillows on the giant bed that is Blue99 (silently wishing I could transfer a char to red)

iruinedyourday
10-04-2014, 11:02 PM
as much as the rallos zek in me wants to believe that - in my experience Its not true heh.

the warriors of rallos zek are better at greifing or handling greefers, but not just regular eq

also zek was never winning botb tournies :( cus equip > all and the vast majority of blue's generally have BiS while only a few reds do.

BUT i dont know if that is true on p99 - are reds the winners of best of the best? or what.. is there a leader board for that anyway on the wiki?

runlvlzero
10-04-2014, 11:13 PM
blue wya more casual then red. also more groups

not everyone likes to roll chanter, solo, farm, roll pvp twink, grind again, then log out forever after no one to pvp with QQ

Yami Blind
10-05-2014, 01:37 AM
The longer I play on Blue, the longer I ask myself the same questions

It's pretty much just the population (and the fact that EQ PvP is retardo imbalanced and a bit unfun for the classes I enjoy playing)

Nekkojakk
10-05-2014, 01:41 AM
If blue had the xp bonus and a global OOC system I'd play there.

Yami Blind
10-05-2014, 01:44 AM
If blue had a global OOC system with 1000 players Noone would play there

Nekkojakk
10-05-2014, 02:01 AM
Blue had more gm/guide resources to police it

Detoxx
10-05-2014, 02:08 AM
EQ pvp sucks. Thats why.

myriverse
10-05-2014, 07:44 AM
I would disagree. I have discovered many miserable people on blue which is why this thread even exists. WTF is there to be miserable about on Blue. You are killing only stupid AI. Nobody with a brain can challenge you on blue.
It's not that there aren't miserable people on Blue, it's that there are more per capita in PVP.

Most people IRL are not cutthroat and are content to work with others instead of against them.

Tongpow
10-05-2014, 08:18 AM
EQ pvp sucks. Thats why.

mitic
10-05-2014, 08:27 AM
the pve Appeal lasts as long you aren't max lvl and max geared. and that's where pvp kicks in. when there is nothing else to do than killing the same boss over and over again then you can at least go out to pvp.

most hardcore players switch to pvp servers sooner or later when they realize that there is an inevitable end on pve servers.

Reguiy
10-05-2014, 08:41 AM
EQ pvp sucks. Thats why.

Conky
10-05-2014, 08:51 AM
I`ve been playing on the p-v-p server for a small time,, one player named `MrBigs` followed me around zones killing me over and over when I was alone trying to level myself,, but I still play =) It`s fun so far!

This is why I dont play on red...

YendorLootmonkey
10-05-2014, 08:55 AM
the point of Blue is to cum when you enter character select, then stay in EC in thirdperson admiring yourself until you are ready to stroke dick, AGAIN

masturbating is quite addictive and explains this server

Also, having the aforementioned masturbation disrupted by another player trying to kill you is very frustrating. That's why they made it so you can't train Rinna or Sgt. Slate to the tunnel anymore.

mitic
10-05-2014, 09:02 AM
they disabled slate on blue? woah lol pathetic

myriverse
10-05-2014, 11:41 AM
the pve Appeal lasts as long you aren't max lvl and max geared. and that's where pvp kicks in. when there is nothing else to do than killing the same boss over and over again then you can at least go out to pvp.

most hardcore players switch to pvp servers sooner or later when they realize that there is an inevitable end on pve servers.
The idea that there is an end is simply wrong.

runlvlzero
10-05-2014, 11:47 AM
TLDR @ thread: why not play on both servers as it suits you? most of you nekkbr33dz0r have multiple characters anyway...

P.P.S.P I use to masturbate while hurb was running from me QQingmoar about me levitating in bbm while his nakk3d @55 was getting pix3lr3apz0rd

katrik
10-05-2014, 12:41 PM
TLDR @ thread: why not play on both servers as it suits you? most of you nekkbr33dz0r have multiple characters anyway...

P.P.S.P I use to masturbate while hurb was running from me QQingmoar about me levitating in bbm while his nakk3d @55 was getting pix3lr3apz0rd

http://i.imgur.com/gO0qJdb.jpg

runlvlzero
10-05-2014, 12:59 PM
thread is not about u, why don't u show us ur pussy? maybe u can hijack thread then?

harnold
10-05-2014, 01:02 PM

i think you are full of beans and more retarded then my aunt eldna, hardcore players on blue dont switch to red. the 150 pop will show you that, you may shut your mouth now

runlvlzero
10-05-2014, 01:03 PM
http://i.imgur.com/gO0qJdb.jpg

do U even red server pvp bro? doubt it anyway

paulgiamatti
10-05-2014, 01:13 PM
Killing players in a hugely imbalanced MMO with harsh death penalties is a lot more masturbatory and self-congratulatory than grouping with other people and actually enjoying the game as it was originally designed to be enjoyed.

I mean honestly, there's a reason the Zek servers spawned the most vile, racist, toxic shit-flinging playerbase in the entire history of MMOs, and why P99 red so accurately mirrors it today.

bluejam
10-05-2014, 01:21 PM
Yea I dunno, why do people play football when they can just stab the other team to death?

so casually absurd that I lol'ed. thanks!

runlvlzero
10-05-2014, 01:24 PM
Killing players in a hugely imbalanced MMO with harsh death penalties is a lot more masturbatory and self-congratulatory than grouping with other people and actually enjoying the game as it was originally designed to be enjoyed.

I mean honestly, there's a reason the Zek servers spawned the most vile, racist, toxic shit-flinging playerbase in the entire history of MMOs, and why P99 red so accurately mirrors it today.

It's also fun to play the 'good guy' and try and fight against the hordes of mongoloids.

runlvlzero
10-05-2014, 01:24 PM
But it gets old, usually only masochistic nihilists stick out long term through EQ pvp.

runlvlzero
10-05-2014, 01:25 PM
And yes, I use to recruit for R99 but I was being a troll, aka a sadistic mongoloid at the time :D

mitic
10-05-2014, 01:36 PM
i think you are full of beans and more retarded then my aunt eldna, hardcore players on blue dont switch to red. the 150 pop will show you that, you may shut your mouth now

My guild dominated p99 killing every boss on a weekly basis prekunark. I don't realy understand how it could be "fun" now with that guild rotation in place... Thank god red99 opened right after they released kunark on blue.

Hardcore players on blue with epics are comparable to newbies on red in rags. To each their own I guess.

katrik
10-05-2014, 01:38 PM
do U even red server pvp bro? doubt it anyway

No.. I played alot at launch. Mostly play blue. That upper 50's grind is freaking brutal. By the way, you're a blast to give shit to. Thanks for being a good sport. <3

paulgiamatti
10-05-2014, 02:01 PM
I'm willing to say red probably does harbor a higher level of skill. Some of the worst players I've grouped with on blue were fully VP-geared, which lends credit to mitic's comparison. But I mean, I don't just care about skill in EQ. Someone could be the most skilled, talented uber player on the entire server, but if they're a complete dirtbag I don't really give a shit - I don't want to group with them. EQ is a very social game, and that's why I play on blue. If someone seems like a decent person and willing to learn, then I'll make more of an effort to group with them and share some tricks of the trade with them.

It's a fun game that provides challenge every time I play it - today I could end up on a brutal HS corpse run, tomorrow I could end up four-manning Juggs and winning some loot. As far as I'm concerned, there really is no end to PvE - between 300k upgrades and VP gear and illusion items and alts, the possibilities are limitless and really only up to your imagination.

runlvlzero
10-05-2014, 02:45 PM
mitic and his guilds were bluebies disregard everything he says, (though he's right, red99 needs a wipe and a ladder)

otherwise thx katrik :p Someone needs to step up and fill the place of the good trolls. Lulz and Radditsu just get madbutthurts and make new threads about me :(

fishingme
10-05-2014, 02:47 PM
everquest pvp is stupid, that's why blue>red. Good pvp is DAOC.

Ravager
10-05-2014, 03:19 PM
Doom v1.666 over a serial cable network is the pinnacle of pvp.

runlvlzero
10-05-2014, 03:45 PM

agreed

t0lkien
10-05-2014, 04:35 PM

This is difficult to argue with, though Duke Nukem 3D and Quake 1 were the pinnacle for me. I got completely owned 1v1 in Doom.

indiscriminate_hater
10-05-2014, 07:36 PM
gta 1 best multiplayer game ever created

runlvlzero
10-05-2014, 09:58 PM
Fine example of awesome EQ pvp.

This guy is mad I'm knocking down towers despite his best efforts to erect them.

http://i.imgur.com/7Wx5DAq.jpg

runlvlzero
10-05-2014, 10:03 PM
Then you have something like this like my old thread:

The foul mansion of unrest lie just beyond the dwarven realm of Kaladim. The dwarves had driven trolls and ogres from their fair rural homesteads in the Butcherblock mountains. Faydwer was looking to be a serene and calm place again. Many young elves, gnomes, and dwarves ventured into the wilderness to seek new glory and adventure.

One night in Crushbone defending the front lines of her homeland a powerful elven princess by the name of Faerie whispered there was much to be gained from unrests foul undead occupants. A bloodstained mantle and pair of incredibly fine dwarven work boots once worn by the King of Kaladim himself. These items would greatly aid the young elf in her adventures throughout the lands.

Galadhwen stepped into the Cauldron in which the estate was located. No one knows how the place was created. Its almost as if it was blasted from the very bedrock of the mountains. One may wonder if thats how unrests residents died. She made her way over the rocks and boiling pools of acidic water. Past a camp of mighty adventurers. Sneaking past fearsome Tidal Lords who would like nothing more then to feast on her flesh. A few scattered risen dead made their way aimlessly about in circles. Perpetually lost in an endless loop. Shoal serpents hid behind every boulder.

When she arrived at the estate of unrest there was no sign of sentient life. Just beetles scurrying about the yard and a few moans and groaning off in the distance. She fought these foul beasts before and knew what to expect. She quickly made her way to the front door and and charged the ghouls within. They fell before her mighty blades. Tired, Galadhwen sat to rest a moment pondering what happened to the trolls and ogres that lived long ago on Faydwer.

Half way through her rest she smelled something foul wafting in through the doors of the mansion. Something worse than undead. It wreaked of a sewer instead of rotting flesh. She quickly made her way outside. Running towards the front of the estate to see what had arrived. It was a massive troll. Almost 12 ft tall and bristling with an amazing set of incredibly dark armor. He wielded a giant maul that was almost as big as the troll himself. Surely there was no way this troll could have crafted, neigh any troll could have achieved such masterful work in the art of armor smithing. This troll served a march more powerful enemy.

Galadhwen stood for a moment thinking if this creature did not attack she would just observe and see what he was here for. Galadhwen and this monstrous agent of the shadow stood facing off for a minute. As Galadhwen moved to leave so did the troll. He came directly at Galadhwen. She didn't hesitate to swing first. She struck a blow to the troll who barely noticed the pain. It laughed and swung its mighty maul lazily missing Galadhwen's agile small frame. He roared and spun. Galadhwen knew this was going to be a tough fight. It seemed she was more skilled and accurate with her blade. More agile. But this troll should he land a blow would cripple her and stagger her to the ground where she would be easy prey. The armor was clearly something suited more for a General then a lowly infantryman. This troll was a grizzled veteran of many campaigns, even if unskilled in personal combat.

Galadhwen determined to avoid the troll as he summoned his foul magic and swung his mighty maul. She hid in the tunnel leading to the cauldron avoiding many of his attempts to use shadow to destroy her advantage of agility. The troll radiated something worse then stench, some dark magic emanated from his being. She attempted to purge this magic, but every time she did, the troll just glowed a bright and sparking red. It seemed any attempt to even the odds would be futile. She had to rely on her superior skill and training alone.

The troll charged again screaming POOOOPGUUNN SMASH!!! LILTLE EVLES... she wounded him badly, but was slowly loosing the fight. Poopgun managed to steal some of her life every attempt. Yet she hid from most of his life drains. Dodging around the corner to let fly an arrow and stop the troll from regaining any of his focus or catch a breath of rest. The fight went on. As Galadhwen slowly worked through attrition the troll became more and more eager to end the fight. Galadhwen managed to bandage and staunch some of her wounds giving her just enough rest to make a crucial charge. The troll took a few severe blows. Galadhwen felt a brutal pain rip through her spine. She was near death and ran for escape. The faster and healthier Poopgun was sure victory was his. She ran to the far back corners of the tunnel hoping her agility would allow her to dodge the troll more nimbly if she could put him in a space too small for his massive clumsy frame.

Poopgun was expertly lured into the trap. In Galadhwen's berserk fury she determined to end the fight. Her sword cut deeply into the troll making him scream in pain. The odds were even again. Galadhwen furiously worked to finish him. She knew that she would not feel the sting of his dark gods blessing again. Fear of instantaneous death was no longer a burden. Buff less and with weak and tattered armor she finally brought Poopgun to his knees. Poopgun was surprised and overwhelmed by the young warriors fierce tenacity. Galadhwen and Poopgun stood face to face one last time. Both near death and exhaustion. The final hit would determine the outcome of this fight. Luck and adrenaline prevailed that day. The young and inexperienced Galadhwen managed to time her attack just right. She struck the final blow on her opponent. It could have ended differently a thousand times. No mistakes were made and the kill was as clean. She stood over her fallen opponent triumphant in her first victory. This was the life she had always dreamed of. Fighting for honor and glory. No opponent would ever break Galadhwen.

http://i.imgur.com/iz19jgS.jpg

/ooc I was a red con to Poopgun, but Poopgun had far superior gear, clickies, jboots, started the fight at 100% hp while I was 60%. Poopgun is a grizzled veteran of EQ PvP. I'm a total noob. I don't know if he even broke a sweat while fighting me. But my heart was pounding towards the end where every joust counted. It was amazing and I love this warrior =) Thanks for the fight. I had to write a little story to share. I know its fairly amateur but its the best I could do. I honestly think my adrenaline rush made this fight, had I passively 'just pvp'd' without caring I would have lost. The fact that I was going to have a shot at killing Poopgun really pushed me to the edge of my abilities. Had a headache hangover for the rest of the day. But it was glorious and well worth it.

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113011&highlight=galadhwen

Which is actually not psychotic and why I'm the #1 pvper ever to paly EQ especially on red server where there's just a bunch of cry baby bluebies now.

FoxxHound
10-05-2014, 10:28 PM
I joined it because there are a decent amount of people who play it. Much easier to find a group.

holsteinrx7
10-06-2014, 12:36 AM
if eq classic was PVP only....wed be all into pvp. obvious.

runlvlzero
10-06-2014, 12:41 AM
^ true, also time, and boredom on the pvp server with not much to do other then sit around guk roasting marshmallows did eventually kill Galadhwen.

radditsu
10-06-2014, 07:49 AM
Blue server appeal? Nostalgia

myriverse
10-06-2014, 08:13 AM
if eq classic was PVP only....wed be all into pvp. obvious.
If EQ classic was PVP only there wouldn't an EQ classic. Obvious.

runlvlzero
10-06-2014, 08:26 AM
If EQ classic was PVP only there wouldn't an EQ classic. Obvious.

I'm thinking this would be an excellent expriment ;)

Traxan
10-06-2014, 03:21 PM
For me its about hanging with friends w/o it being like driving to & from home in traffic with retard assholes trying to cut you off, slamming the brakes and then asking why you crashed into them. Clear nuff? ;)

Sparqs

holsteinrx7
10-09-2014, 06:43 PM
Blue server appeal? Nostalgia

pras

runlvlzero
10-09-2014, 10:06 PM
I got some pretty good rustle going on on blue.

some rogue 8 levels above me dueled lol

http://i.imgur.com/7d2zHeD.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/dPUKtdh.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/L35l40R.jpg

Needless to say they did very badly lol and I got them pretty low before my group ported us :) He didn't really have a chance, even if his OOR cleric did dump heals on him. He still would have lost lol.

Oh and he had a ragebringer.

Sk00ba5t3v3
10-14-2014, 09:39 PM
So, you want a challenge, you don't want to play ping-pong against a backstop, but you don't want too much of a challenge? Right?

Basically, you want to dominate a one-armed kid at ping-pong and then tell him he's a faggot? Right? Maybe tea-bag his corpse a few times?

I can dig that. I feelz ya. Rolling on Red ASAP. Time to get my balls wet. No homo, ofc.

Nah its not like that. I play a rogue on red. So I would be the one armed kid getting beaten by most because Rogues are basically helpless in open areas by themselves. How do I deal with that? I make sure Im grouped with others.

If I was a Druid or Wiz I could solo pvp all day long if thats what I wanted to do.

Bboboo
10-14-2014, 09:40 PM
You're asking why people liked classic Everquest. Kinda the reason we're all here bud.

Sk00ba5t3v3
10-14-2014, 09:41 PM

Agree completely.....I should dust off my Win95 box.

Sk00ba5t3v3
10-14-2014, 09:42 PM
You're asking why people liked classic Everquest. Kinda the reason we're all here bud.

I played Classic too, but on Tallon Zek (Race PVP). I could have asked this same question back then but I wasnt a FQer then like I am now.

Stalos_
10-15-2014, 07:28 AM
It's been said many times but what a blast it would be if blue would just box red and give it a true shot. Whole guilds could surely handle any single twink jerks that show up. Could start with raiding unrest and killing MrBigs 2.0. He'd probably drop some loot .

Smedy
10-15-2014, 07:49 AM
watching runlvlzero (coming a tranny) fighting kartik (tranny) is quiet amusing i must say

not sure what this thread is about anyway, who gives

Corydon
10-15-2014, 11:13 AM
It's the imbalance that brings me to P99 blue. Although I agree MMOs like WoW and its ilk take class balance and casual gameplay to a nauseating extreme, which makes for a very unrewarding gaming experience, EQ PvP as anything except completely optional just seems like a bad idea all around.

My idea of a good PvP environment would involve classes that are much more difficult to level and play and have a much steeper learning curve, but if you invest enough time in it you can become significantly more powerful than other classes. Classes that are weaker and less powerful can flee more easily, or can fill support roles in a hugely beneficial way. I just don't think the foresight was there when EverQuest was originally designed.

I agree EQ PvP is very realistic in a sense, because in reality we live in a capitalistic world where people with more money can screw over the less fortunate, or a random thug can simply walk up behind you and stab you in the back. Conceptually, I don't think this makes for a good PvP gaming idea. I think good PvP is best represented by games like LoL, or the newer FPS MMOs like Planetside 2 or Destiny.

While I am not agreeing about the games mentioned in the 3rd paragraph, I absolutely second what is said in the first two paragraphes. Hits the nail on the head.

FoxxHound
10-15-2014, 11:15 AM
watching runlvlzero (coming a tranny) fighting kartik (tranny) is quiet amusing i must say

not sure what this thread is about anyway, who gives

Sexy

Nihilist_santa
10-15-2014, 01:48 PM
This thread is so full of fail. It is extremely obvious who has never stepped foot on red before. The crazy thing is that if you want pixels blue is not the place to play. If you want content again blue is not the place unless you like standing in line petitioning over camps/spawns.

Nearly every camp Ive come across on red is wide open. Every group is welcoming. There is no discrimination over xp penalties or being in rags. People grieve you? Out level the twink or round up some friends. You can always roll an alt that will be 50s before your alt on blue is mid 20s.

The economy seems to be pretty decent on Red and people play with each other and form community because there are common struggles. Daily I see people handing over pixels to new comers . I have met precisely two people on red that I would classify as assholes the rest have been decent and knowledgeable players whom you can befriend even after you have crossed paths in pvp.

There is really no reason a person can not enjoy red. The arguments about balance are moot considering you know this going in and after a week or so you begin to adapt to the differences such as not carrying coin, resist gear, trade windows, and all of the other little nuances.

People complaining about the population don't know how to socialize. Choose a class people want in a group or learn how to make friends it is really that simple. There is literally nothing lost in pvp except some honor and or travel time/med time but you learn how to do all of that smartly as well. I have only had 2 instances where I could not find a group which allowed me time to earn money/quest/skill up due to how fast you level on red anyways. The moment I log in I am hit with group request.

How is blue more casual exactly aside from tunnelquesting? You have to invest so much more time in blue for smaller gains. That is pretty far from casual.

feanan
10-15-2014, 03:03 PM
Not sure what you red guys don't understand about... SOME PEOPLE JUST DO NOT LIKE PVP. PERIOD.

Has zero to fucking do with camps, lewtz, population, or experience gain.

Whirled
10-15-2014, 03:11 PM
Not sure what you red guys don't understand about... SOME PEOPLE JUST DO NOT LIKE PVP. PERIOD.

Has zero to fucking do with camps, lewtz, population, or experience gain.

http://tuxme.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/red_is_dead.png

mitic
10-15-2014, 03:16 PM
that raidrotation bullshit was the best thing that could happen for red. many of our blue brethens already changed server to red, more to come!

Colgate
10-15-2014, 03:38 PM
used to be a blue server player on live, but once i played on a red server i can't go back to blue servers; shit's too boring

Nirgon
10-15-2014, 04:55 PM
EQ pvp sucks. Thats why.

Has never played red.

You are aware a server that isn't over populated exists with the EXACT SAME content you are getting out of bed at 4am to javelin then duelist backstab down?

Yes, the exact same Phara Dar on blue spawns on red and drops the same items. Hard to imagine, I know.

Blues who have come over to red who have msged me are also SHOCKED to see epic NPCs alive and not being farmed on spawn for MQ.

Abner
10-15-2014, 05:11 PM
IMO PvP ruins a game like this. If I want PvP I'll play Planetside2 or World of Tanks. I sincerely don't get the appeal of the Red server at all. No thanks.

This is a co-operative PvE game to me.

paulgiamatti
10-15-2014, 05:26 PM
The prospect of playing on a server that considers 100 people a healthy population is so incredibly depressing. Blue is not overpopulated. There are always camps open, even during peak hours - even when there are 1,200 people playing. There are always things to do, and there is an actual real economy with lots of people buying and selling in EC at all hours.

So not only do you get a real MMO experience on blue, you also don't have to put up with a shitty imbalanced PvP system for a game that wasn't designed for mandatory PvP. I enjoy PvP, I play plenty of PvP games that actually operate on a system that rewards skill and strategy. EQ PvP is an absolute joke - if you like it, that's fine, but don't tell me I'm wrong for not liking it as well.

abacab-101
10-15-2014, 07:39 PM
EQ PvP is stupidly unforgiving and unbalanced; think you're safe chasing down that druid? Naw you're ass is about to zone into a 6v1 with OOR healers you can't do anything about, you're going to get coined and your going to spend 45 minutes trying to get your leather rags back before it happens again.

Other MMO's that have PvP are tailored to that, if you die in WoW PvP just stand at the spirit healer for 10 seconds and you're back in the game to wreck faces again, they have gear and abilities tailored to that, and arena systems tailor to that.

EQ has none of the aforementioned you'll just spend your days with /anon on trying to avoid running into a zerg and losing.

abacab-101
10-15-2014, 09:33 PM
People don't want to play red99 cause on blue they can hoard a million plat and cash out dat sweet RMT

nicemace
10-15-2014, 09:54 PM
if i wanted to to pvp i'd just play a game designed for pvp such as dota2 where i can stomp cunts and go 35 - 0 and then gloat for 45 mins at how bad they are.

eq is like duplo level of pvp.

ManosMan
10-16-2014, 05:44 AM
I'd rather go to take some keeps from those faggot hibbies.

kotton05
10-16-2014, 06:44 AM
Red is fun but I've done beat blue awhile back.

stonez138
10-17-2014, 09:58 PM
I have trouble understand what the point is playing a Multiplayer game where you can't attack each other.

Will someone please explain to me why I am in the minority and obviously crazy for thinking this way?

#1 The point is to co-operate with other players.
#2 You don't get it because as a child you never learned to play well with others and or how to share.

Mac Drettj
10-18-2014, 12:54 AM
But you coorporate 2x more on red (pve and pvp)

Kevris
10-18-2014, 01:02 AM
It is absolutely true that players who spend time on a PVP server are superior at Everquest. Moving from Tallon Zek to Stormhammer really showed me that a lot of people on blue servers are absolutely terrible at the game.

In a PVP situation, you are forced to fully understand the strengths, weaknesses, capabilities and play-styles of every class in the game. You nearly always are doing content in shit gear under the constant and ever-present threat of getting jumped. The awareness it brings and the ability to anticipate what others are going to do makes you a better player on both blue and red servers.

That said, I won't play on a PVP server again.

These MMO's are totally gear dependent. What will happen here will be the same thing that happened on Tallon Zek back in the day; one guild will rise to the top and dominate the content first. They will farm the gear, put in the time, and lock that shit down to the point where the other guilds won't be able to stand a chance. Skill can make up for some of it, sure, but not enough of it to make a difference. Have you ever fought off other players who are wearing a mix of Skyshrine quest and NToV gear while you're wearing shit from Vex Thal and bashing their little skulls in with Mournfollow or Goldenrod? It's kind of the same thing as an epic rogue twink with 120 mr, jboots and a fungi at level 20...you're pretty much unkillable. It was fun for maybe a week before I sold my character and quit for a few years.

It's kind of funny, but the mass RMTing and subsequent banning is probably the only thing keeping competition on R99 alive.

Bboboo
10-18-2014, 01:13 AM
You will just never understand the appeal of EC tunnel.

http://i.imgur.com/V9HFbNV.gif

runlvlzero
10-18-2014, 01:57 AM
It is absolutely true that players who spend time on a PVP server are superior at Everquest. Moving from Tallon Zek to Stormhammer really showed me that a lot of people on blue servers are absolutely terrible at the game.

In a PVP situation, you are forced to fully understand the strengths, weaknesses, capabilities and play-styles of every class in the game. You nearly always are doing content in shit gear under the constant and ever-present threat of getting jumped. The awareness it brings and the ability to anticipate what others are going to do makes you a better player on both blue and red servers.

That said, I won't play on a PVP server again.

These MMO's are totally gear dependent. What will happen here will be the same thing that happened on Tallon Zek back in the day; one guild will rise to the top and dominate the content first. They will farm the gear, put in the time, and lock that shit down to the point where the other guilds won't be able to stand a chance. Skill can make up for some of it, sure, but not enough of it to make a difference. Have you ever fought off other players who are wearing a mix of Skyshrine quest and NToV gear while you're wearing shit from Vex Thal and bashing their little skulls in with Mournfollow or Goldenrod? It's kind of the same thing as an epic rogue twink with 120 mr, jboots and a fungi at level 20...you're pretty much unkillable. It was fun for maybe a week before I sold my character and quit for a few years.

It's kind of funny, but the mass RMTing and subsequent banning is probably the only thing keeping competition on R99 alive.

TLDR. It is true, red servers are good training grounds for smarter, faster, meaner, better players. But its not a requirement.

I'de wager to say that of the total ratio of good to shit players. Blue probably has 500 players as good as blue, 200 very good players and 200 very shit players.

While red server probably has 80 good players, and 100 shit players and 10 non factors. All of which tend to be mongoloid 4chan dwelling firegiant ebolo sponges.

aborted
10-18-2014, 03:02 AM
Never played blue, but red has a fun atmosphere of hunt or be hunted. Keeps me intrigued.

SyanideGas
10-18-2014, 03:17 AM

http://alexshye.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/1336364959housesadnod-gif.gif