PDA

View Full Version : Rant: Holiday weekend brings the douche bags out

valorborn
09-05-2010, 02:01 PM
Can't name names, but can tell stories.

I typed more than I thought I would. Read it if you want to share in my frustration. It is nothing out special as far as assholes and Everquest go.

Me and the wife been playing here for just over a week and we've met a lot of really nice people. In true EQ we've met a lot of nice people waiting on boats, lost in Butcherblock, and then the few high levels who just run into CB and buff everyone. Last night was no exception, had a 46 druid wolf form the whole zone while an enchanter(pretty sure he was a chanter) clarity'd everyone. Then the spent a while just running around to each camp buffing. This morning we had another enchanter running around doing clarities and killing the usual trains.

But in the middle of people being nice we had a few assholes appear. No names, just stories. I am an a net admin in the Air Force, I'm on call literally 24/7 and this weekend has been no exception to that. Base power is horrible, we have 10 second brown outs weekly and that only gets worse if the weather is bad. No big deal but getting a call last night cause some equipment didn't power back on correctly after a power outage led me to the first asshole we've encountered. I didn't actually talk to the guy as I was making phone calls to notify the chain about what had happened, but the wife got an earful.

After the nice druid buffed us wall wanted more, we had been duoing with varying degree's of success until the 16 point DS and Regen came along. But I had to afk for the before mention. She tries to run both toons over to wall and only seconds after I stand up and walk to the hall I hear her bitching in confusion. I assumed she had gotten lost and died losing our buffs. What was happening is someone had started to tell her that he hopes she get banned and what not. She was confused and upset, which caused our wall group to be cut short. This isn't really worth talking about I mention it because of the asshole I just encountered.

After the before mentioned chanter clarity'd the zone I thought I'd try to camp the tower for a mail to finish the screaming mace quest. So I waited, after about 7 minutes a little dwarf cleric runs up and tells me that it is his camp, he's been here for hours. I tell him that he can't camp something if he isn't camping it. We bicker for a minute, then he says that he has been plvling the TR in between spawns. So I'm like 'Oh, sure thing then, but do you mind healing me before I leave?". He does't say anything for a few seconds but I wait. While waiting Crush spawns and agro's me. I tell him," %T!!" but still nothing. I needed the heal so crush actually got my HP low and I bailed out the tower window. He ended up healing me, I ended up getting the kill and the mail. I tried to give him the mail for free he insisted on 25pp and bracer that is a huge upgrade over the raw silk I was wearing. It was good.

Before the next PH spawns a 32 SK runs into the tower and cleaves the cent and the spawn infront of me, making keeping everything broken safely problematic. I ask him to not do that, he doesn't say anything then FD's. I explain that I am camping tower. We start to argue, it devolves into name calling, which I did start. A few minutes later while I clear the stairs someone trains the TR up to the tower. I flee and gate, he then links me a dragoon dirk and is very snide.

-Ephron

Straif
09-05-2010, 02:24 PM
Can't name names

What the fuck man, name some god damn names.

valorborn
09-05-2010, 07:37 PM
It is stated in one of the GM posts that we can't directly flame anyone.

Bodeanicus
09-05-2010, 07:43 PM
Boxer gets caught. Yawn.

Virtuosos
09-05-2010, 07:50 PM
give me name, ill go fuck his couch up!

valorborn
09-05-2010, 08:13 PM

I appreciate the thought but I'm a big fan of couches so I'll have to hold onto the names. Thanks though lol.

Harrison
09-05-2010, 08:20 PM
Not posting names in rants and flames? That's pussy shit.

Bubbles
09-05-2010, 08:35 PM

http://i33.tinypic.com/4fwi76.jpg

valorborn
09-05-2010, 08:49 PM
Not posting names in rants and flames? That's pussy shit.

Good point.

Buckbeak a little fag gnome rogue and Grroblaash? 32 dickhead troll shadow knight.

now please fuck his couch.

Harrison
09-05-2010, 08:51 PM
That's how it's done!

eqdruid76
09-05-2010, 09:08 PM
Sounds to me like Pickled rerolled.