PDA

View Full Version : religion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]

Glenzig
10-10-2014, 08:35 PM
And now the ad hominems - the desperate last resort of the side that knows they've lost the argument. You can mischaracterize me all you want, but no one's buying it.

Ad hominem? You mean like this?
"But sure, yeah, you happen to know that there is a creator of the universe because you thought long and hard about it while taking a shit one morning."

paulgiamatti
10-10-2014, 08:37 PM
That's an attack on belief without evidence, not on you personally. I used you as an example - and no, I'm not sorry.

Glenzig
10-10-2014, 08:45 PM
You misunderstand my belief and seek to distract from my posts by raising uninformed and meaningless objections that seek to undermine my credibility without intellectual evidence. That's ad hominem. The post was a direct response to mine and directed at me.

paulgiamatti
10-10-2014, 08:48 PM
Directed at your shitty belief system, correct.

Glenzig
10-10-2014, 08:51 PM
Directed at your shitty belief system, correct.

Thank you for admitting your logical fallacy. Its much appreciated.

KagatobLuvsAnimu
10-11-2014, 02:43 AM
You're a child. Not responding to you any more. I'm sorry you got bullied by a Christian or a Jew or a Muslim. I'm sorry your family didn't celebrate Christmas like the other kids. Mine didn't either. I don't hate people because of it though.
Hate the sin not the sinner, hate the religion/religious not the individual people of faith.

Didn't celebrate Christmas? WTF are you on about? Christmas has been a secular holiday in the United States for longer than I've been alive. It wasn't until the most recent decade that a bunch of morons decided to play professional victim and cry that there was a 'war on Christmas'.
I'd love to know how the Catholic Church is xenophobic. I'd also like to know how a person who mentioned Muslims immigrants contaminating Sweden somehow objects to xenophobia. Interesting conundrum you have there, but children generally don't think past their anger.
Context... I thought it was just robot elvis and Glenzig who didn't get it... you don't either.
Finally, abortion isn't the issue. The issue is eugenics. Let me give you an example. China started the one child policy, so chinese parents, who value sons, started selecting males and aborting females. Riddle me this Batman, if abortion isn't immoral, what about the results of abortion? What would you call a modern China with 100 million more men than women? Certainly sounds moral to me!!!!! Funny how when you mess with nature, it tends to mess with you back.
I call that entirely separate from morality. How do you even make that connection?

I'm very sorry to hear that the idea of a world where no human would ever have to suffer debilitating genetic defects is so undesirable to you.
Eugenics is immoral. Unequivocally.
That's just like, your opinion, man.

Patriam1066
10-11-2014, 11:36 AM
Hate the sin not the sinner, hate the religion/religious not the individual people of faith.

Didn't celebrate Christmas? WTF are you on about? Christmas has been a secular holiday in the United States for longer than I've been alive. It wasn't until the most recent decade that a bunch of morons decided to play professional victim and cry that there was a 'war on Christmas'.

Context... I thought it was just robot elvis and Glenzig who didn't get it... you don't either.

I call that entirely separate from morality. How do you even make that connection?

I'm very sorry to hear that the idea of a world where no human would ever have to suffer debilitating genetic defects is so undesirable to you.

That's just like, your opinion, man.

Have you heard of the sun? It's radiatjon creates, among other things, mutations in our genome. There will never be a day when there aren't defects. And believe me, if eugenics becomes mainstream, who do you think will survive? You, me? Not.

Context? You've determined that Muslims are destroying Sweden. Fine, I'm not going to argue. But don't then use xenophobia as if you're not a supporter of bigotry. You are a small minded simpleton: a child. Bigotry is in ever remark you make. 80% of these people suck!!! Followed by accusing others of xenophobia. What a dip shit

"What are you on about".... Lol you're british now? What is wrong with you dude

Finally, my chinese example showed how abortion could be immoral. If the chinese weren't messing with nature, they wouldn't have a sociological disaster on their hands.

Patriam1066
10-11-2014, 12:01 PM
Have you heard of the sun? It's radiatjon creates, among other things, mutations in our genome. There will never be a day when there aren't defects. And believe me, if eugenics becomes mainstream, who do you think will survive? You, me? Not.

Context? You've determined that Muslims are destroying Sweden. Fine, I'm not going to argue. But don't then use xenophobia as if you're not a supporter of bigotry. You are a small minded simpleton: a child. Bigotry is in ever remark you make. 80% of these people suck!!! Followed by accusing others of xenophobia. What a dip shit

Finally, my chinese example showed how abortion could be immoral. If the chinese weren't messing with nature, they wouldn't have a sociological disaster on their hands.

Just to be clear, I'm arguing against eugenics here. It's when you use abortion to start selecting certain traits for survival and others for death that this shit happens.

I don't want to argue about abortion. I believe it is an immoral practice but I've never voted for a candidate based on their position on the issue.

KagatobLuvsAnimu
10-11-2014, 02:05 PM
You keep expanding your minor implications into broader and broader baseless implications.
Now you're implying that UV protection doesn't exist. You're also implying that eugenics as a practice is so black and white that you either are totally against the practice or you're a fucking nazi.
Get a clue man. Genetic engineering is a very real thing, bacterial and viral diseases are being wiped off the face of the planet, genetic diseases are the next step.
Xenophobia is by definition the intense hate of people from other countries. Recognizing a problem from one specific country is not by definition anything close to xenophobia. Get your words straight if you're going to attempt to argue semantics. As it stands you are losing, by a lot.
That whole intelligence and reading comprehension thing. I'm sorry that the bullshit that you spew out of your ass every day is what seems to pass as 'intellectual' these days.
So in this part you say that abortion could be immoral. Virtually any action taken can be performed immorally so even if the comparison wasn't wrong in the first place it would be pointless.
That said, I'd love to see your evidence for this "sociological disaster" that china has on their hands. They have 10 percent more men than they would of otherwise had. Ok. There will be an explosion in sex work down the road. Total "sociological disaster" indeed. :rolleyes:
Just to be clear, I'm arguing against eugenics here. It's when you use abortion to start selecting certain traits for survival and others for death that this shit happens.
Again, eugenics isn't this cut and dry black/white policy. Eugenics via extermination is. A zygote isn't a person, if you think it is then you fail science, end of story.
I don't want to argue about abortion. I believe it is an immoral practice but I've never voted for a candidate based on their position on the issue.
That's just like, another one of your opinions, man.

Sidelle
10-11-2014, 03:03 PM
(Meanwhile, at the Argumentum Ad Hominem Arena...)

http://img.pandawhale.com/51987-Are-You-Not-Entertained-1a5I.jpeg

NOPE. KNOCK THAT SHIT OFF.

(Not pointing fingers at anyone in particular, just making fun in general.) :D

Sidelle
10-11-2014, 03:13 PM

ROFL

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9j7mizxFW1qdjem6.png

Patriam1066
10-11-2014, 03:18 PM
You keep expanding your minor implications into broader and broader baseless implications.
Now you're implying that UV protection doesn't exist. You're also implying that eugenics as a practice is so black and white that you either are totally against the practice or you're a fucking nazi.
Get a clue man. Genetic engineering is a very real thing, bacterial and viral diseases are being wiped off the face of the planet, genetic diseases are the next step.

Xenophobia is by definition the intense hate of people from other countries. Recognizing a problem from one specific country is not by definition anything close to xenophobia. Get your words straight if you're going to attempt to argue semantics. As it stands you are losing, by a lot.

That whole intelligence and reading comprehension thing. I'm sorry that the bullshit that you spew out of your ass every day is what seems to pass as 'intellectual' these days.

So in this part you say that abortion could be immoral. Virtually any action taken can be performed immorally so even if the comparison wasn't wrong in the first place it would be pointless.
That said, I'd love to see your evidence for this "sociological disaster" that china has on their hands. They have 10 percent more men than they would of otherwise had. Ok. There will be an explosion in sex work down the road. Total "sociological disaster" indeed. :rolleyes:

Again, eugenics isn't this cut and dry black/white policy. Eugenics via extermination is. A zygote isn't a person, if you think it is then you fail science, end of story.

That's just like, another one of your opinions, man.

The only implication of more men than women is an increase in sex work. Wow. I guess you're unaware of the biological imperative and how humans reach maturity. You clearly don't think much of the family structure. Unfortunately, the study of sociology does.

More importantly, please drink a Dos Equis. You are without a doubt the least interesting man in the world.

I don't always read your posts, but when I do, I fall asleep. Stay mind numbingly dull, my friend.

I'm ignoring you though because I realize now you're just trolling. That or you're G13.

DetroitVelvetSmooth
10-11-2014, 03:21 PM
(Meanwhile, at the Argumentum Ad Hominem Arena...)

http://img.pandawhale.com/51987-Are-You-Not-Entertained-1a5I.jpeg

NOPE. KNOCK THAT SHIT OFF.

(Not pointing fingers at anyone in particular, just making fun in general.) :D

Sometimes people can be so wrong or misinformed that attacking their "argument" inevitably entails an attack on the person's character. If the person has repeatedly shown a disregard for reason or demonstrated willful ignorance in the furtherance of justifying hateful or otherwise abhorrent beliefs then pointing out their despicable nature is, in fact, ad argumentum rather than ad hominem. - As always, fuck you all, you are like children to me. Except of course you, Sidelle.

Sidelle
10-11-2014, 03:59 PM
I'd love to see your evidence for this "sociological disaster" that china has on their hands. They have 10 percent more men than they would of otherwise had. Ok. There will be an explosion in sex work down the road. Total "sociological disaster" indeed.You sound like such a heartless asshole in your flippant reply... I'm kinda shocked by your attitude and you should be ashamed of yourself, to be honest.

So you wouldn't call a situation where a country is aborting an astounding number of baby girls just because they're female a sociological disaster? What about the abandonment and murder of tens of thousands of newborn females in trash dumps, or the countless ones that just disappear? It seems to me like it could even be classified as a holocaust. You should read the following article. It's heartbreaking. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/1506469.stm

"Jhiu Hongying is 19 and pregnant. The pressure on her to produce a boy is huge. Family and community demand it. A boy will bring status. He will continue the family line.

"Boys are the best, because they can work," says the girl's mother, Zhang Hongying. "They're stronger.

"If my daughter has a son, everyone will celebrate.

"All the neighbours want her child to be a boy."

At a Beijing temple, women come to pray that the foetus in their womb is that of a boy. Chinese tradition despises the girl child. This powerful cultural preference for sons is heightened by the one-child policy.

The result - millions of nameless baby girls in China are simply disappearing.
These backward-thinking people are pieces of shit and shouldn't be able to procreate at all when this is the shit they're pulling for the simple fact that they don't value females in their society. And ironically, just how do they expect their sons to find wives and have children "to continue their line" if they run out of fucking females? I've just discovered a type of retardation even worse than Down's Syndrome, wow...

Sidelle
10-11-2014, 04:01 PM
Sometimes people can be so wrong or misinformed that attacking their "argument" inevitably entails an attack on the person's character. If the person has repeatedly shown a disregard for reason or demonstrated willful ignorance in the furtherance of justifying hateful or otherwise abhorrent beliefs then pointing out their despicable nature is, in fact, ad argumentum rather than ad hominem. - As always, fuck you all, you are like children to me. Except of course you, Sidelle.
;)

KagatobLuvsAnimu
10-11-2014, 04:43 PM
You sound like such a heartless asshole in your flippant reply... I'm kinda shocked by your attitude and you should be ashamed of yourself, to be honest.

So you wouldn't call a situation where a country is aborting an astounding number of baby girls just because they're female a sociological disaster? What about the abandonment and murder of tens of thousands of newborn females in trash dumps, or the countless ones that just disappear? It seems to me like it could even be classified as a holocaust. You should read the following article. It's heartbreaking. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/1506469.stm

These backward-thinking people are pieces of shit and shouldn't be able to procreate at all when this is the shit they're pulling for the simple fact that they don't value females in their society. And ironically, just how do they expect their sons to find wives and have children "to continue their line" if they run out of fucking females? I've just discovered a type of retardation even worse than Down's Syndrome, wow...

That's issue conflation. In a vacuum, yes it's a horrible policy, its also been a policy for nearly twenty years. It's still not eugenics. Even though such policies could work in a eugenic system it does not make the policy "eugenics".

Context is king.

Now in the context of patriam's post, he is incorrect that such a policy lead or will lead to a sociological problem, he had it backwards. China has been a (for lack of a better description) massive sociological experiment for decades. There have been countless atrocities within their borders since the end of the second world war, nobody is denying this. My bone to pick is the flippant implication of the sources of the moral dilemma within that system. Correlation does not equal causation.

I hope you realize that your exact logic is used to demonize the use of birth control by pointing to sociological problems but ignoring that they existed long before your implied cause.

Sidelle
10-11-2014, 05:12 PM
That's issue conflation. In a vacuum, yes it's a horrible policy, its also been a policy for nearly twenty years. It's still not eugenics. Even though such policies could work in a eugenic system it does not make the policy "eugenics".

Context is king.
Wat?.. I was talking about your fucked-up dismissiveness about the female infanticide of epic proportions going on in China and the resulting sociological disaster that Patriam mentioned; what you refer to, again flippantly, as a "sociological experiment". Oh my, you make it sound so benign. LOL...
I hope you realize that your exact logic is used to demonize the use of birth control by pointing to sociological problems but ignoring that they existed long before your implied cause.
Are you saying that selectively aborting female fetuses is just another form of birth control now? What the fuck are you even trying to say here? What, is being female a fucking birth defect to be used as perfectly reasonable excuse for abortion? Holy shit, Kagatob....

KagatobLuvsAnimu
10-11-2014, 05:16 PM
You clearly have zero reading comprehension, I said nor implied any of those things.

Glenzig
10-11-2014, 05:17 PM

Context is king.

Now in the context of patriam's post, he is incorrect that such a policy lead or will lead to a sociological problem, he had it backwards. China has been a (for lack of a better description) massive sociological experiment for decades. There have been countless atrocities within their borders since the end of the second world war, nobody is denying this. My bone to pick is the flippant implication of the sources of the moral dilemma within that system. Correlation does not equal causation.

What is the confounding variable in his example then? Please enlighten us.

Glenzig
10-11-2014, 05:20 PM
You clearly have zero reading comprehension, I said nor implied any of those things.

"I hope you realize that your exact logic is used to demonize the use of birth control by pointing to sociological problems but ignoring that they existed long before your implied cause."

You have multiple personalities or something?

KagatobLuvsAnimu
10-11-2014, 05:22 PM
What is the confounding variable in his example then? Please enlighten us.

So now there's only one variable that caused China then to become China now?

Sidelle
10-11-2014, 05:22 PM
Kagatob's generic cop-out douchebag response #87.

KagatobLuvsAnimu
10-11-2014, 05:26 PM
"I hope you realize that your exact logic is used to demonize the use of birth control by pointing to sociological problems but ignoring that they existed long before your implied cause."

You have multiple personalities or something?

The only thing that statement has to do with eugenics is that the morons who make such absurd claims, use the same line of thinking as the (entirely different set of) morons who use that line of thinking to demonize birth control.

I'm done playing with you contextually deficient plebs. I might respond to some of your garbage when I get home. Right now I'm not going to play your retarded word games via my phone.

Sidelle
10-11-2014, 05:30 PM
I'm done playing with you contextually deficient plebs. I might respond to some of your garbage when I get home. Right now I'm not going to play your retarded word games via my phone.
Kagatob's generic cop-out douchebag response #34.™

KagatobLuvsAnimu
10-11-2014, 05:35 PM
Kagatob's generic cop-out douchebag response #34.™

-1 point for being in the internet and not associating #34 with porn.

DetroitVelvetSmooth
10-11-2014, 05:40 PM
Obligatory GTFO Kagatob everyone hates you post.

Sidelle
10-11-2014, 05:42 PM
-1 point for being in the internet and not associating #34 with porn.
I prefer sex irl instead of porn. So shoot me.

KagatobLuvsAnimu
10-11-2014, 05:44 PM

The joke
Your head

KagatobLuvsAnimu
10-11-2014, 05:48 PM
http://33.media.tumblr.com/a0755a474b2798751749440cbef9fcb9/tumblr_nbpzzf4Q5L1sp05dio1_500.jpg

Sidelle
10-11-2014, 05:53 PM
http://37.media.tumblr.com/7719ce7a5ea0abb0efe6aaaf33505580/tumblr_n6ywnnfBfu1tap70xo1_500.gif

KagatobLuvsAnimu
10-11-2014, 05:58 PM
It's ok to get mad.

Sidelle
10-11-2014, 06:00 PM
You said you were leaving. You keep posting anyway. Who's mad? Lol.

Aviann
10-11-2014, 06:02 PM

KagatobLuvsAnimu
10-11-2014, 06:53 PM
You said you were leaving. You keep posting anyway. Who's mad? Lol.

I take it back. If you think these little quips are what I was referring to when I said "word games" then contextually deficient isn't enough. Contextually retarded seems appropriate now.

Glenzig
10-11-2014, 07:09 PM
So now there's only one variable that caused China then to become China now?

You either have no idea what the terms you're using mean, or you know that you have no answer for why you are misusing them. I'm going with the first one.

Glenzig
10-11-2014, 07:10 PM
The only thing that statement has to do with eugenics is that the morons who make such absurd claims, use the same line of thinking as the (entirely different set of) morons who use that line of thinking to demonize birth control.

That particular statement was about your comparing the abortion of female fetuses to birth control. Is it that hard to keep track of the nonsense inside your head?

KagatobLuvsAnimu
10-11-2014, 07:19 PM
You either have no idea what the terms you're using mean, or you know that you have no answer for why you are misusing them. I'm going with the first one.
Yeahok.jpg
That particular statement was about your comparing the abortion of female fetuses to birth control. Is it that hard to keep track of the nonsense inside your head?

No comparison was ever made. Keep trying to take my words out of context though.

Glenzig
10-11-2014, 07:25 PM
Yeah I was right. You have no idea what you're talking about.

paulgiamatti
10-11-2014, 07:40 PM

I agree with you about eugenics and about abortion (*gasp!*), but what's happening in China isn't eugenics, and it's not a problem with abortion either. It's gender bias, or misogyny, but it's not like there's an active campaign to methodically select for anything other than gender in their offspring - and I'm not sure I'd call this an active campaign or even methodical. It's not like they're proud of it - they still do it, and they're very much responsible for it - but it's not like there's a trash bin for dead baby girls in every Chinese hospital. Their society just happens to be much more patriarchal than ours, and still hung up on toxic ideas such as male children being inherently more valuable and more important than female children. This is because of a hierarchical society structure that is overwhelmingly ruled by men, and because their women are systematically subjugated and oppressed just like women are in so many of the world's societies today.

What's happening in China is indeed heartbreaking and horrifying, but it's not an issue with abortion, and it's not eugenics. It's a much more deeply-rooted societal problem than that. I agree that there are inherent problems with abortion - there is actually such a thing as an unborn child - but I'm not about to go join a pro-life rally either. Christians have a lot more to answer for when considering vetoes against stem-cell research, because they honestly believe souls can exist in a petri dish, than they do for their qualms with abortion. The Christian campaign against contraception on the other hand is absolutely, devastatingly immoral, and most likely responsible for the deaths of millions of people; most of which occurred in Africa where people believed the tripe fed to them by frauds like mother Teresa and various missionaries belonging to the Vatican church.

katrik
10-11-2014, 07:50 PM
This thread is never going to go away.. Is it..?

FoxxHound
10-11-2014, 07:55 PM
This thread is never going to go away.. Is it..?

ohi

iruinedyourday
10-11-2014, 08:40 PM
Its sad that people would rather argue about religion than win an aon or cof

Sidelle
10-11-2014, 09:24 PM
Its sad that people would rather argue about religion than win an aon or cof
I've seen you argue about pointless shit here too. Sometimes you even get so mad you act like a complete tool. Don't judge your fellow p99ers for forumquesting and/or also acting like tools. :) Have a nice day.

P.S. There's this cool thing where you don't even have to click on threads you hate. It's pretty awesome.

iruinedyourday
10-11-2014, 09:43 PM
I've seen you argue about pointless shit here too. Sometimes you even get so mad you act like a complete tool. Don't judge your fellow p99ers for forumquesting and/or also acting like tools. :) Have a nice day.

P.S. There's this cool thing where you don't even have to click on threads you hate. It's pretty awesome.

yea but I quit once the thing hit fuckn like 200 pages - at that point i mean, come on.

besides that was just a joke :)

Sidelle
10-11-2014, 10:18 PM
Oh ok. :D

Glenzig
10-12-2014, 08:47 PM
I agree with you about eugenics and about abortion (*gasp!*), but what's happening in China isn't eugenics, and it's not a problem with abortion either. It's gender bias, or misogyny, but it's not like there's an active campaign to methodically select for anything other than gender in their offspring - and I'm not sure I'd call this an active campaign or even methodical. It's not like they're proud of it - they still do it, and they're very much responsible for it - but it's not like there's a trash bin for dead baby girls in every Chinese hospital. Their society just happens to be much more patriarchal than ours, and still hung up on toxic ideas such as male children being inherently more valuable and more important than female children. This is because of a hierarchical society structure that is overwhelmingly ruled by men, and because their women are systematically subjugated and oppressed just like women are in so many of the world's societies today.

What's happening in China is indeed heartbreaking and horrifying, but it's not an issue with abortion, and it's not eugenics. It's a much more deeply-rooted societal problem than that. I agree that there are inherent problems with abortion - there is actually such a thing as an unborn child - but I'm not about to go join a pro-life rally either. Christians have a lot more to answer for when considering vetoes against stem-cell research, because they honestly believe souls can exist in a petri dish, than they do for their qualms with abortion. The Christian campaign against contraception on the other hand is absolutely, devastatingly immoral, and most likely responsible for the deaths of millions of people; most of which occurred in Africa where people believed the tripe fed to them by frauds like mother Teresa and various missionaries belonging to the Vatican church.

So wrong on so many levels.
http://edge.org/response-detail/23838

Glenzig
10-12-2014, 08:55 PM
http://citizen.co.za/247788/pastor-daniel-can-now-turn-petrol-juice/

Pastor claims to make gas into juice for people to drink.

Now die of EbolAIDS please.

Oh man, that's messed up. What a nut.

paulgiamatti
10-12-2014, 10:11 PM
Just because some random psychology graduate believes China is undertaking a massive eugenics operation doesn't mean I'm about to do so. I have a mind of my own, and I'm perfectly capable of making the distinction between the manufacture of human beings and simply morally reprehensible governmental policy.

I'm not saying eugenics is inherently immoral, I'm saying China is an incredibly patriarchal and hierarchical society that unquestionably favors men. That is immoral, and that is the root of the problem. Eugenics is just another cop-out of an argument thrown around by idiots who want to cling to their shitty religious beliefs, and blame science for everything because they don't understand it and because it challenges their beliefs.

I mean seriously, the guy that wrote the article has absolutely no problem referring to people as "human capital", as if this is a good thing, and in the same breath can describe how women have been oppressed in Chinese society for a thousand years without even realizing the problem with that.

Glenzig
10-13-2014, 07:11 AM
I'm not saying eugenics is inherently immoral, I'm saying China is an incredibly patriarchal and hierarchical society that unquestionably favors men. That is immoral, and that is the root of the problem. Eugenics is just another cop-out of an argument thrown around by idiots who want to cling to their shitty religious beliefs, and blame science for everything because they don't understand it and because it challenges their beliefs.

Oh I understand the subject of eugenics just fine.
You really need to stop being so narrow minded and learn the history behind subjects before you just outright dismiss them as made up.

KagatobLuvsAnimu
10-13-2014, 11:43 AM
Oh I understand the subject of eugenics just fine.
You really need to stop being so narrow minded and learn the history behind subjects before you just outright dismiss them as made up.

The irony.

Glenzig
10-13-2014, 12:31 PM
The irony.

Jeremy Irony?

Sidelle
10-16-2014, 06:03 PM
Hi there. Just scanning for infidels. Oops, I found some!

http://static.fjcdn.com/gifs/Scanning+for+infidels_0c0b3b_5154736.gif

Fame
10-16-2014, 06:48 PM
pagan or gtfo

Aviann
10-16-2014, 09:24 PM
pagan or gtfo

This.

Sidelle
10-17-2014, 07:38 PM
http://a1.s6img.com/cdn/0008/p/1702781_12808686_b.jpg

greenblze420
12-10-2014, 12:51 PM
i was like half a gram deep of china white when i made this thread so can someone please explain to me how the fuck it got to be 205 pages long... like seriously our people that retarted that they think they are going 2 win a arguement on a p99 thread about religion jfc some people here are sad especially that anime faggit

DetroitVelvetSmooth
12-10-2014, 01:37 PM
some people here are sad especially that anime faggit

One thing we can all agree on.

KagatobLuvsAnimu
12-10-2014, 02:47 PM
kagatob what kind of fucking animal are you

Human.

LulzSect
12-10-2014, 03:55 PM
http://us.acidcow.com/pics/20110707/dont_have_a_girlfriend_06.jpg

Glenzig
12-10-2014, 04:09 PM
http://us.acidcow.com/pics/20110707/dont_have_a_girlfriend_06.jpg

It just works every single time. Thank you.

paulgiamatti
12-23-2014, 07:38 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oH0ReL3Cew

Papy
12-24-2014, 02:52 PM
wow , that is the most ignorant shit i have ever read on this forum - GRATS!!! - like he doesn't get paid to stand near a mans death bead when that man has no one else ?? or support a family who needs moral support during the time - i wont lie - i was ignorant as you were at one time GreenBlz , but then i also woke up and had my FIRST beer , also looked down and saw a pubic hair for the first time!! was truly an amazing moment ... the day i grew up...

Fame
12-24-2014, 03:11 PM
420 blaze it

Whirled
12-24-2014, 04:09 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JA4wsSICTJ4
https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t1.0-9/1507588_1129961267033325_4491957218493155193_n.jpg ?oh=f9d8c7c1ef22a114b177eaf8d8170f07&oe=55067AB0

Velious Incoming....

greenblze420
03-02-2015, 05:15 PM
would just like 2 pat myself on the back for having the #1 replyed to thread off all time in RNF

Pookieson
03-03-2015, 03:51 AM
this thread is quite epic. props.

also props for hating religion, its ruining our fucking planet. modern history is nothing but the playing out of people killing each other in the name of god, its fucking pathetic. its dumb. we have the internet and dank weed, people need to use it and wake the fuck up. religion is literally holding back the human race.

Pookieson
03-03-2015, 03:53 AM
i used to very complacent about religion, not believing it but thinking its fine existing. but this is wrong. it should be spoken out against, it really is a bad thing. believe whatever you want, and do whatever you want in the privacy of your own home/property, but the second you start indoctrinating masses and thinking your religious values can be placed into law, youve crossed the fucking line, and im here to check you.

pras science.

myriverse
03-03-2015, 08:59 AM
Yeah, religion is bad.

But so too can be the lack of it.

It's humanity that is defective.

Pookieson
03-03-2015, 09:16 AM
traveling the world ive met enough legitimately cool, compassionate, honest, and ego-free people to know that we are simply a product of lifes experiences. i think if people were provided the right circumstance, our world as a whole could be like that. theres always going to be outliers and psycopaths, but we should treat them as mentally sick and help them, not call them politicians and give them power.

maerilith
04-10-2015, 12:13 PM
http://i.imgur.com/VnkeK1i.jpg

Glenzig
04-10-2015, 01:16 PM
i used to very complacent about religion, not believing it but thinking its fine existing. but this is wrong. it should be spoken out against, it really is a bad thing. believe whatever you want, and do whatever you want in the privacy of your own home/property, but the second you start indoctrinating masses and thinking your religious values can be placed into law, youve crossed the fucking line, and im here to check you.

pras science.

So how would this work? How do you keep people from speaking their mind about religious matters?

Whirled
04-10-2015, 01:26 PM
―Dōgen (https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/23358.D_gen)

Rararboker
04-10-2015, 05:44 PM
Lol I like the "pras science".

Most people are followers and when they no longer have "religion" they turn to some other method of beliefs. In this case "Science". Normally it wouldn't be the same thing but science has been so twisted from its original form that it hardly represents the objective process it used to be. Now it is just a pseudo religion for the weak minded sort of like atheism.

I find it hilarious myself. Grew up in a non-religious household and I have been an "atheist" for 20 years. What is even funnier is atheist groups. When you form a group based on the same beliefs you are basically back to being a religion. Atheism is supposed to be about personal liberation from the doctrines of religion. Not making a new type of belief system.

LronTheServerLegend
04-10-2015, 05:50 PM
Lol I like the "pras science".

Most people are followers and when they no longer have "religion" they turn to some other method of beliefs. In this case "Science". Normally it wouldn't be the same thing but science has been so twisted from its original form that it hardly represents the objective process it used to be. Now it is just a pseudo religion for the weak minded sort of like atheism.

I find it hilarious myself. Grew up in a non-religious household and I have been an "atheist" for 20 years. What is even funnier is atheist groups. When you form a group based on the same beliefs you are basically back to being a religion. Atheism is supposed to be about personal liberation from the doctrines of religion. Not making a new type of belief system.

Atheism is a lack of a belief, it is not a "belief system".

Why is an atheist group funny? Is a group of people who like the same music funny? What about a group of people who like to play the same elf simulator? Do you think any time people find like minded individuals and choose to associate with them "funny"?

Stop trying to be the "arbiter of wisdom" and try to come off as some great ambassador of the middle ground...its a disingenuous, completely meaningless and smug pseudo position to take.

Glenzig
04-10-2015, 08:43 PM
Atheism is a lack of a belief, it is not a "belief system".

Why is an atheist group funny? Is a group of people who like the same music funny? What about a group of people who like to play the same elf simulator? Do you think any time people find like minded individuals and choose to associate with them "funny"?

Stop trying to be the "arbiter of wisdom" and try to come off as some great ambassador of the middle ground...its a disingenuous, completely meaningless and smug pseudo position to take.

The humor comes from the irony. Its funny when a group of people from one elf simulator try to condemn those from another. If the irony is lost on you, sit back and ask yourself why that might be.

LronTheServerLegend
04-10-2015, 08:53 PM
The humor comes from the irony. Its funny when a group of people from one elf simulator try to condemn those from another. If the irony is lost on you, sit back and ask yourself why that might be.

Your elf simulator analogy is a false equivalence logical fallacy.

Visual
04-10-2015, 09:03 PM
do you believe in life after love

maerilith
04-10-2015, 09:49 PM

http://i.imgur.com/5yQCiI0.gif

Rushmore
04-10-2015, 11:15 PM
If GOD is not real aren't we all just going to die? and I guess black screen forever and forever....but if GOD is real and eternal life comes with believing isn't that better than believing in nothing? I mean have you ever tried to believe in him or always cast it away? What do you have to lose why no investigate with your heart and talk to something you can't see!? Who will see or mock you?

I mean I can't prove it but the jews from the bible still exist don't they? The only ancient civilization STILL ALIVE TODAY that even Hitler tried to kill!? The war that changed most of your lives whether you think it or not! Are the jews still hated today like the bible said they would be? Are they surrounded by the first son of Abraham Ishmael!? the Muslims. Yes. As the bible said they would be. So many prophecies that have come true and historically are correct but you turn your cheek! The bible isn't a novel its a historical document written by the spirit of GOD

WE are all GODS people.... The jews, the muslims, the gentiles, the atheist all have the same problem that Jesus solved. All you gotta do is ask! He will do the rest!

If any of you that read this ...well most of you are smarter than me....and as YOU know the world is a shitstorm. There are no answers coming...there are only more wars more famine and more death. And no one including me will escape it! Just read Drudgereport.com every day!

I pray for us all!

Aviann
04-11-2015, 12:52 AM
What is death? An everlasting peace? A rewarding of said life? What's to stop you from joining that story? Another story? What's stopping you from joining your God?

paulgiamatti
04-11-2015, 01:18 AM

The most important question of our generation.

Glenzig
04-11-2015, 08:14 AM
Your elf simulator analogy is a false equivalence logical fallacy.

Well, actually it was your elf simulator analogy. And it was already a false equivalence analogy when you gave it. I was just expounding on how rediculous it was.

maerilith
04-11-2015, 08:35 AM
I'm really proud of myself for necroing this thread which had finally more or less passed away in to oblivion.

anonymous666
04-11-2015, 10:52 AM
I usually pick Agnostic when choosing a deity.

Feanol
04-11-2015, 12:28 PM
Religion is about insecurity.

Insecurity about death. Insecurity about social belonging. Insecurity about right vs. wrong. Insecurity about difficult concepts and a lack of concrete answers.

People will always try to assuage their anxieties about a brutal and tragic world filled with shocking violence, abject poverty, and unanswered questions. Religion fills this need very well, offering both higher order and uncompromising compassion.

I understand the comfort Religion affords people. When it comes down to it, we all tell ourselves little lies and false stories every day to get by. I see Religion as a very natural institution that evolves from a deep need for judgement and reassurance.

That being said, tens of thousands of Middle Eastern bodies lie mangled beneath the rubble of businesses and homes while millions more flee the carnage wrought by madmen that commit acts partially based upon Religious ideology. So there's that.

Eliseus
04-11-2015, 04:51 PM
Religion is about insecurity.

Insecurity about death. Insecurity about social belonging. Insecurity about right vs. wrong. Insecurity about difficult concepts and a lack of concrete answers.

People will always try to assuage their anxieties about a brutal and tragic world filled with shocking violence, abject poverty, and unanswered questions. Religion fills this need very well, offering both higher order and uncompromising compassion.

I understand the comfort Religion affords people. When it comes down to it, we all tell ourselves little lies and false stories every day to get by. I see Religion as a very natural institution that evolves from a deep need for judgement and reassurance.

That being said, tens of thousands of Middle Eastern bodies lie mangled beneath the rubble of businesses and homes while millions more flee the carnage wrought by madmen that commit acts partially based upon Religious ideology. So there's that.

Never heard of Hitler? I'm not going to go give you more names because this one is pretty big.

Hitler was actually a genius when it came to committing mass killings. Though he hated Christianity, he used it to his advantage. Anyways, without getting much into it because its a blatantly obvious one how many things were done during his reign that were in the name of science etc. I'm sure they will come out though since seeing from your comments you are pretty retarded and you will probably argue to the ends of the earth to save face.

Anyways, this is a stupid argument for one to claim how terrible "religion is". Fact is, people of all sorts of beliefs, science, atheism, agnostic, whatever, commit crimes. Ignoring the fact that its apparent when using this as a validation to hate a so called "religion" that you have no clue on what said religion believes typically (for example Christianity seems to be the big one constantly brought up), but that you can use this as a validation that all "religion" among the world is fake and full of wrong doings is absurd.

The reason I keep putting "religion" in quotes, is again, the ignorance in this thread of what is and isn't a religion is astonishing. People try to claim that religion is only a belief in the "supernatural" when no, it's not. Science is in fact a religion, just as atheism is a "religion". To believe that it's not just displays a significant level of ignorance. People will blindly follow these groups just as people blindly follow "religion". I will once again give a link that what superseded scientific theory is so you guys can see how many things a mass amount of people have believed from the scientific field that have been proven wrong. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superseded_scientific_theories

Let's not ignore that this same "religion" also claims that we will find extraterrestrial life within 10-20 years would also point at the possibility that "higher beings" could exist. This same "religion" also believes in evolution which in of itself is a sign that a more superior being could exist somewhere. This same religion claims that with advancement in technology that we could one days create life and planets, yet the idea of a God is absurd?

Anyways, now I'm just starting to rant and things aren't really correlating with previous thoughts in this post. I could honestly care less what people believe in or don't believe in. What science says or doesn't say. Gay or straight. Man or woman. At least make logical sense when you argue and don't be one sided.

LronTheServerLegend
04-11-2015, 05:07 PM
Well, actually it was your elf simulator analogy. And it was already a false equivalence analogy when you gave it. I was just expounding on how rediculous it was.

Meaningless drivel

Glenzig
04-11-2015, 06:00 PM
Meaningless drivel

I agree. Most of your posts are.

Feanol
04-11-2015, 09:06 PM
Anyways, this is a stupid argument for one to claim how terrible "religion is". Fact is, people of all sorts of beliefs, science, atheism, agnostic, whatever, commit crimes.

I believe that Religion is an incredible source of good in this world. It provides a setting for kind people to assemble and pool their resources and compassion to help serve the communities in which they live.

I try my best to follow the teachings of Jesus Christ, because regardless of his actual divinity or existence he set an example of what a human being is capable of. Unwavering compassion, even for one's enemies. Empathy so strong it damages one's own self. Considering the circumstances of others with every action, and most of all the ability to forgive.

That being said, I feel the same way about various other figures of philosophical and religious history. Belief in the supernatural is not required to honor and follow the teachings these characters represent in order to improve one's life and community.

Like most human subjects, things are not black and white. I do however believe people are capable of Metta (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mett%C4%81) without needing the baggage of an unassailable fairy tale.

Eliseus
04-11-2015, 10:32 PM
Like most human subjects, things are not black and white. I do however believe people are capable of Metta (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mett%C4%81) without needing the baggage of an unassailable fairy tale.

I completely agree. The issue though is the human race likes to conform. Though there is a significant amount of people that are capable of metta without an "unassailable fairy tale", it's understandable why such thing would exist in the first place.

Ahldagor
04-11-2015, 11:44 PM
http://i.imgur.com/rNnBi.jpg

Feanol
04-12-2015, 12:02 AM
...it's understandable why such thing would exist in the first place...

And I agree with you as well. As I stated originally, it's no surprise to me that humans cling to these traditions over hundreds and thousands of years. It's only natural.

I'm glad to find such discourse in a Rants and Flames forum. I know that I'm an idealist. I realize that the conclusions I've come to through anthropological study will never materialize in the world we share. I know that men will always use Religion as an excuse to demean and destroy each other, because that's exactly what happens when you disregard rationality and base your life and death upon the creed of a cult.

I just lose myself in imagining a world where we base our treatment of other human beings on logic and self-preservation rather than the dogma of misinterpreted century old texts that the majority of our population believe as "God's" own word.

Madbad
04-12-2015, 08:01 PM
http://i.imgur.com/JbaFnIZ.jpg

Whirled
04-13-2015, 08:39 AM
https://scontent-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/1976917_10151932371881249_2011643293_n.jpg?oh=50a2 5fe47e4c176df382f5f22d41ec66&oe=55E21BD4

maerilith
04-13-2015, 07:16 PM
Ohhhh guess what I stumbled into...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqSZhwu1Rwo

SOrry, had 2 post it. plz don't be madhurts

Ahldagor
04-13-2015, 10:44 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bn2KnnqeyiY

paulgiamatti
07-07-2015, 12:22 AM
Just resurrecting this beast of a thread so it can be moved to Off Topic.

bktroost
07-07-2015, 12:25 AM
Why, Paul. Why?!

Pokesan
07-07-2015, 12:34 AM
And she was sitting there, and God spoke to me and said, 'I need you to lead her.' And I was like, 'Really? Right now?'
"He goes, 'I want you and need you to lead her.'
"So I told her right then and there, what would you do if we took all that extra stuff off the table and just did it Jesus' way?"

“The play happens, and they pick the ball off. And I take three steps,” “And on the third step God says to me, ‘I’m using you. . . . I want to see how you respond. But most importantly I want them to see how you respond.”

- a dangerously insane nfl superstar who thinks god literally talks to him

capco
07-08-2015, 05:15 PM
I remember this one.

milsorgen
07-08-2015, 05:21 PM
I'm from the Pacific Northwest, best region in the world!

nicemace
07-08-2015, 09:43 PM
what a fun day of work. i got to page 51 then had to give up. skipped to 101 and hoped to see the same people. was not let down.

so much shit in here needs to be put on the fundy top 100 lol
http://www.fstdt.com/Top100.aspx?archive=1

my beliefs are simple. im willing to accept there is a god, when i see some proof. as a soldier and a fire fighter i have seen far to much proof contrary to the fact. however, im still open minded. patiently waiting.

Itap
07-08-2015, 09:57 PM
That batshit autist from the evolution thread should come in here and stir things up

Pokesan
07-08-2015, 10:53 PM
what a fun day of work. i got to page 51 then had to give up. skipped to 101 and hoped to see the same people. was not let down.

my beliefs are simple. im willing to accept there is a god, when i see some proof. as a soldier and a fire fighter i have seen far to much proof contrary to the fact. however, im still open minded. patiently waiting.

e: i misunderstood. hello. you are a nice man.

chtulu
07-09-2015, 02:43 AM
Way to copy my post from 3 years ago. Dicks.

paulgiamatti
07-09-2015, 02:53 AM
Just resurrecting this beast of a thread so it can be moved to Off Topic.

Why, Paul. Why?!

This thread is like Gregor Clegane, aka "The Mountain". Once a hulking, musclebound brute plowing forward and slaying foes by the dozen; utterly unstoppable, like some kind medieval juggernaut.

Now a twisted, fearsome beast, resurrected from the dead by Qyburn's sinister necromancy; misshapen and barely human, yet still just as powerful as he once was.

Eliseus
07-09-2015, 10:27 PM

How so?

As a soldier and a fire fighter I have seen far too much proof that it is a fact.

Luminari
07-10-2015, 01:49 AM

You see proof every single day.

For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse(Romans 18-20)

Lojik
07-10-2015, 09:07 AM
That batshit autist from the evolution thread should come in here and stir things up

Speak of the devil and he doth appear

dafier
07-10-2015, 10:09 AM
Believe or not, do not try.

Extremist everywhere!