PDA

View Full Version : Grand Master's Armor - Tradeable

Daldaen
08-05-2014, 04:49 PM
EQ Station Site (https://web.archive.org/web/20010610030804/http://boards.station.sony.com/ubb/everquest/Forum1/HTML/000157.html)

Absor
Station Member posted 05-09-2001 12:54 PM
With the next patch the Grand Master's Leg Wraps and the Fists of the Grand Master will become no-drop. They should have been no-drop from the beginning. So if you want to trade them out, do so right away.
Alan

And he bumps it again 5-29.

So they should be tradeable from Velious to beginning of July (6 months). Not that any monk doesn't have his epic. But dem legs!

Zalaerian
08-05-2014, 08:31 PM
Keep it NO DROP. Would rather the devs focus on fixing resists, mechanics ect then this senseless waste of time coding

Daldaen
08-08-2014, 07:33 AM
Using then vs. than makes your statement different.

Then is used when talking about a sequence relating to time. I will nerf wizards, rangers and paladins, then I will shut down red.

Than is used when talking about degree or extent. The likelihood a player on P99 plays blue is much higher than the likelihood they play on red.

So basically what you're saying is, once they finish resists, then they can make these tradable. And I'll agree. Once resists are done, make these tradable.

Fun way to remember it, then has an E. So does time. Then is used when discussing matters in relation to time.

Free English lesson of the day concluded. PS this fix would take about 30 seconds to set two items tradeable and set a flag on when to change back to no trade.

maximum
08-08-2014, 07:05 PM
Then is used when talking about a sequence relating to time. I will nerf wizards, rangers and paladins, then I will shut down red.

Than is used when talking about degree or extent. The likelihood a player on P99 plays blue is much higher than the likelihood they play on red.

So basically what you're saying is, once they finish resists, then they can make these tradable. And I'll agree. Once resists are done, make these tradable.

Fun way to remember it, then has an E. So does time. Then is used when discussing matters in relation to time.

Free English lesson of the day concluded. PS this fix would take about 30 seconds to set two items tradeable and set a flag on when to change back to no trade.

:cool:

Zalaerian
08-08-2014, 08:00 PM
Man o man rustling Daldean makes me just want to FQ all day

Alunova
08-08-2014, 08:30 PM
Using then vs. than makes your statement different.

Not the place for grammar lessons. His intention was clear and we want to promote different views, not belittle them.

thieros
08-09-2014, 08:21 AM
NOW THATS A DIFFERENT VIEW, AMIRITE?!

Daldaen
08-09-2014, 10:09 AM
Not the place for grammar lessons. His intention was clear and we want to promote different views, not belittle them.

Views are irrelevant unless they are the views of developers such as yourself. If you / Nilbog / Rogean feel like this is irrelevant or shouldn't be implemented, or should be at the back of the list... So be it.

We, the players, should be bug posting everything. And the developers are free to prioritize and implement what they wish.

This is a classic bug, albeit a small one. However a bug none the less. It doesn't matter that I or anyone else thinks it's less relevant than say 255 resist cap... It should still be posted for the best classic experience possible. Especially one that comes directly from a post on the official EQ website, so you know it's legit.

But this is the same guy whose view of Dementing Visions is, "it drops in Velious, must be classic", but provides 0 proof. Views are opinions, not based in fact and therefore irrelevant in the science of ClassicQuest.

Zalaerian
08-09-2014, 11:38 AM
this isnt a classic server, never will be

Daldaen
08-09-2014, 11:59 AM
It attempts to emulate one. Atleast P99 does. R99 does it's own thing.

There are some areas they have to deviate from classic due to balance (Ivandyrs) or due to client issues (UI stuff). But by and large, they try to get every aspect of classic in.