PDA

View Full Version : BFG melee is operating incorrectly

koros
08-01-2014, 01:06 AM
Just finished the BFG quest on my ranger, and it doesn't appear to be working correctly. It's saying I'm "punching" the mob, but since it uses skill=archery, I'm pretty certain that it should report "hit".

Additionally it should get double damage for stationary mobs and be able to crit (I haven't gotten one in quite a few fights)

Zam post from 2001:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=1210

I found the plank here
#Apr 25 2001 at 3:43 PMRating: Default
Anonymous
Anonymous
Found the plank on the first iceberg north of the dock, right on the edge by the water, I had been lookin for several days and was very happy to find it, then on my way back to the dragon ring to get a port and head to WW to pick up my BFG I found it again right by the frozen tower :)

I just saw this little bag on the ground and picked it up, but it wouldn't let me cause it was a lore item, so I assume it was the plank again.

Waited at Sirens Grotto for a succor over to WW but couldn't find one, I ended up running through, one part of that is tricky but once your past it its not too bad.

Nice toy, but actually usefull to a ranger, any other class to get it is pretty much a waste. When I melee with it my archery raises, also it does double dmg on montionless mobs, even when i melee with it. Also its VERY nice with /disc trueshot since you get the massive trueshot dmg PLUS the added dmg of your offhand melee.

One night in seb with it I got my archery from 194 to 215

Nirgon
08-01-2014, 10:01 AM
Read this too fast and thought the bottom was your success story of using it.

koros
08-01-2014, 10:11 AM
Also trueshot is not increasing my damage when meleeing with it.

Nirgon
08-01-2014, 10:21 AM
That's working as intended tho so... :)

I know what ur upto u tru shottin bastid

koros
08-01-2014, 10:23 AM
That's working as intended tho so... :)

I know what ur upto u tru shottin bastid

Classic is classic :)

koros
08-01-2014, 01:25 PM
RE: wtf is this thing?
#Jun 06 2001 at 12:21 AMRating: Default
Anonymous
Anonymous
Lol this thing goes in normal weapon slot too and uses archery skill.Good for rangers as they get double dmg on archery sometimes and got disciplines for it.Also good for raising arch skill,and it looks cool as hell and effect is nice.

Nirgon
08-02-2014, 04:33 PM
glhf 2 devs making this thing shoot arrows on melee swings / true shot working with it etc

koros
08-02-2014, 06:25 PM
Any chance of a dev reply on this? I hope Nirgon isn't right as it's far from overpowering for a class that is basically the butt of eq jokes.

Nirgon
10-17-2014, 02:09 PM
True shot SHOULD be increasing the damage on arrows it flings~

kanras
10-28-2014, 08:22 PM
Fixed, pending update.