PDA

View Full Version : State of the Game: Butt Hurt Levels over 9000

kevoh
07-23-2014, 04:03 AM
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/d6/d6398a9ecf0612bc7989ebc6f05dfed0990624fe39b34c2a1f 707643e66b189c.jpg

Is it just EverQuest? Or is it the world?

Has the estrogen levels in your daily soy milk latte consumption caused you to become offended at every little thing that people say? Do you really think that you are entitled to every aspect within this game; or even the world? Your life is minuscule and worthless. We are all a fading blip on the radar that is the stretch of time. So why do you think that you matter? Why do you think that whining, crying, and finger pointing like a child on an elementary school playground is going to get you anywhere?

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTvvjRzIX6ckBVA8EMDkyIwzN6w291j-xmwu5duU8Dr6Wz2tDxsrw

The level of butt hurt right now in this community has reached an alarming rate. The level of entitlement and whining by people within this game (and the world) is insurmountable. On a daily basis individuals within this game cry like a fucking baby that dropped its pacifier. It is absolutely unnecessary. Shut the fuck up over "TMO / IB" this and that. You clearly don't possess the skill level to play with the big boys.

http://cdn.meme.li/instances/500x/52888122.jpg

In fact, it reminds of me all that "1% Wallstreet" bullshit. People make money because they are ambitious and want to accomplish things in their life. Meanwhile, you take up a job at Walmart shunning the world for your misfortunes. It is the same thing. Whether you like it or not. The top guilds in any game are the CEO's, Board of Directors, and Hampton beach home owners - whilst you will always live in a trailer park or apartment because you didn't reach for the stars.

Thicken the fuck up. Quit being little cunts. Play the game and understand your position or do something productive to achieve a higher level of success in your life (whether it be game life, real life, or both).

http://massivesound.us/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/71099_133203231589_889591_n.jpg

TL;DR - Quit being a bunch of sore pounded asses and do work. You don't deserve something unless you work hard for it.

DeruIsLove
07-23-2014, 04:06 AM
It's just a game bro, stop making a big deal that *gasp* some people might want to not have to make a career out of it to see some dragons.

Zaela
07-23-2014, 04:10 AM
sounds classic, do not fix

DarkwingDuck
07-23-2014, 04:18 AM
Is this a troll?
Or is he whining about whiners?
I'm confused.
Although I agree with the message somewhat.
If you're a bitch, stop being one. Nones cares

kevoh
07-23-2014, 04:24 AM
It's just a game bro, stop making a big deal that *gasp* some people might want to not have to make a career out of it to see some dragons.

It has always been this way in EverQuest, and in any MMO. If you want to be casual - then accept the fact that you will not see end game content. Dont go tugging on your mums dress sobbing that it isn't fair.

Visual
07-23-2014, 05:03 AM
P99

The only everquest server where there is no discernible difference between winners and losers.

Red_Psyphon
07-23-2014, 08:27 AM
Skills to play with the big boys...u mean time to play because that's all everquest ever was. Biggest zerg with most played time gets the most pixels. No skill involved at all unless you count rule lawyering.

Rhambuk
07-23-2014, 08:36 AM
Words like "work" and "Can't" in this thread made me lawl so hard

Gaffin 7.0
07-23-2014, 08:54 AM
tldr

Jimjam
07-23-2014, 09:03 AM
I'd say it's more than just the case of putting the time in, or being skilled. If you want to 'go far' I suspect networking is the most important thing.

Laugher
07-23-2014, 09:16 AM
http://i.imgur.com/YRGy69L.gif

this user was banned
07-23-2014, 09:19 AM
Too dumb; didn't read: Fucking buzzfeed style shit post. DIAF.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
07-23-2014, 09:27 AM
tldr

Tiggles
07-23-2014, 09:33 AM
Good post.

Dragonsblood1987
07-23-2014, 10:53 AM
yeah, the occupy thing was bullshit. all the people who were actually struggling with money couldnt make it to the protest because they had to show up for their shit jobs. so then the protests were comprised solely of college aged hipsters from wealthy families recording police brutality on their brand new iphones. they kinda discredited themselves.

DeruIsLove
07-23-2014, 01:59 PM
It has always been this way in EverQuest, and in any MMO. If you want to be casual - then accept the fact that you will not see end game content. Dont go tugging on your mums dress sobbing that it isn't fair.

While there is some vocal crying (chest), the majority of the 'filthy casuals' don't give enough of a shit to take any action one way or another due to the nature of the casual to not want to be a fucking basement-dwelling neckbeard in order to get some pixels.

That said, if something were to happen that enabled the 'filthy casuals' to get a shot at some dragons without the added corporate-level workload of dealing with hardcore raiders, I'm sure they'd welcome it with open arms and it'd begin to work out wonderfully.

If only there was a rotation 1/3 of the time or something... :p

Tulnavara
07-23-2014, 02:22 PM

No modern MMO is like that. You can play wow for 2 hours a night and still see all of the content. Yeah you won't be beating heroics but they're the same fight with higher tuned mechanics. They have shit tuned down to where you can pug all raid content, you get shittier gear but you've still seen it all.

EQ isn't a modern MMO though. Without instanced content guilds like IB/TMO/Nihilum can grab every spawn just to keep anyone else from getting it. I'm surprised these guilds are still socking Kunark 3 years later when the expansion only lasted 7 months on live and a few of them call people irrelevant/non-factors like it fucking matters that you're geared out in Elf sim. 32K dragons aren't hard, most of us were killing them 14 years ago with less game knowledge than we have now. Guess the RMT profits are good enough when you're living in your parent's basement with nothing to spend money on besides Doritos and Mt. Dew though. Maybe they're just cunts. Who cares?

I really couldn't give a fuck less though. I barely play this shit and never did get a toon to 60 on this box. Doubt I ever will but some people want to relive the nostalgia...or they just take this shit too seriously.

2/10 on your troll post btw. Sweet DBZ reference though, never seen that one used before.

Ryba
07-23-2014, 02:29 PM
In fairness, EQ does put some stress on the sock budget. And pretending to respect drugged out neurotic rednecks in vent chips away at your soul. But it is all rewarded when your guild kills one of the 5 different colors of block-shaped dragon and some pixels drop that help you kill the next trivial block dragon 2 seconds faster.

The exhilaration is amazing. The feeling of preventing casual shitstains from obtaining my level of gear is almost as fulfilling as standing in ec counting inspects. The filthy communists want rotations and parity, but my guild stands astride Mt. Shit, with at least a dozen TRUE sperglords in our ranks, with ACTUAL diagnoses and Abilify scrips. Why the FUCK would we slow down in our DOMINATION of this CHALLENGING game?!
WE HAVE SO MUCH TIME TO KILL BETWEEN SHIFTS AT APPLEBEES HITTING +3 MINUTES ON THE MICROWAVE. OH FUCK PLEASE LET ME DIE. I HAVE PLAYED EQ SO MUCH THAT IT IS THE ONLY THING I FEEL NOSTALGIA FOR. I DON'T KNOW WHAT I WOULD DO IF I DIDN'T REPETITIVELY SLAY DRAGONS WITH MY BAND OF MATES OH GOD PLEASE KILL ME AFTER THESE DORITOS AND MY ALTS EPIC

Kekephee
07-23-2014, 02:36 PM
I feel like there's been a lot less bitching from either side of the spectrum lately. I don't see any X GUILD ACCUSES Y GUILD OF FOUL PLAY IN THE LATEST DRAGON RACE posts from the last week, two weeks....

Archalen
07-23-2014, 02:42 PM
I drink almond milk, but thx you are dumb.

Mblake81
07-23-2014, 02:48 PM
In fairness, EQ does put some stress on the sock budget. And pretending to respect drugged out neurotic rednecks in vent chips away at your soul. But it is all rewarded when your guild kills one of the 5 different colors of block-shaped dragon and some pixels drop that help you kill the next trivial block dragon 2 seconds faster.

The exhilaration is amazing. The feeling of preventing casual shitstains from obtaining my level of gear is almost as fulfilling as standing in ec counting inspects. The filthy communists want rotations and parity, but my guild stands astride Mt. Shit, with at least a dozen TRUE sperglords in our ranks, with ACTUAL diagnoses and Abilify scrips. Why the FUCK would we slow down in our DOMINATION of this CHALLENGING game?!
WE HAVE SO MUCH TIME TO KILL BETWEEN SHIFTS AT APPLEBEES HITTING +3 MINUTES ON THE MICROWAVE. OH FUCK PLEASE LET ME DIE. I HAVE PLAYED EQ SO MUCH THAT IT IS THE ONLY THING I FEEL NOSTALGIA FOR. I DON'T KNOW WHAT I WOULD DO IF I DIDN'T REPETITIVELY SLAY DRAGONS WITH MY BAND OF MATES OH GOD PLEASE KILL ME AFTER THESE DORITOS AND MY ALTS EPIC

Keywords strikes you for 1000!

Zalaerian
07-23-2014, 02:49 PM
OP is a scholar and would read more novels

Mblake81
07-23-2014, 02:50 PM
Level all drugged out neurotic rednecks.

Level anyone who can be leveled.

Level leveling itself :p

Whirled
07-23-2014, 02:53 PM
almond milk

Good shit yo^

especially with Kahlua :D

TrendyDru
07-24-2014, 06:20 AM
"Do you really think that you are entitled to every aspect within this game"

Lol.. Like epics? That not all guilds (even if they have the numbers) are able to complete them as intended because 90% of raid mobs required are poopsocked by high end players. So they are forced to buy over priced MQ's

When was that ever "classic"

tl;dr thread is bullshit

Skittlez
07-24-2014, 07:04 AM
July 2014 join date..

GTFO FGT

Fael
07-24-2014, 09:13 AM
"Do you really think that you are entitled to every aspect within this game"

Lol.. Like epics? That not all guilds (even if they have the numbers) are able to complete them as intended because 90% of raid mobs required are poopsocked by high end players. So they are forced to buy over priced MQ's

When was that ever "classic"

tl;dr thread is bullshit

You think anyone got a contested epic that wasn't in a top tier raid guild until Sony revamped the epics and put in mobs like the broken golem, VSR, undead bard?

That was the case on luclin, which was one of the earliest to go the route of rotations. Naturally, Legacy of Sorrow only let us rotate on Sev, Gore, Fay, Tal, VS, and Trak.

Be happy, people have it better than live on p99.

Strifer
07-24-2014, 01:11 PM
Gr8 m8 8/8

Kelven
07-24-2014, 01:31 PM
I love when delirious fucking people think that playing a game all day long is "working hard"

Pure fucking comedy

DeruIsLove
07-24-2014, 02:31 PM
I love when delirious fucking people think that playing a game all day long is "working hard"

Pure fucking comedy

TrendyDru
07-24-2014, 03:21 PM
You think anyone got a contested epic that wasn't in a top tier raid guild until Sony revamped the epics and put in mobs like the broken golem, VSR, undead bard?

That was the case on luclin, which was one of the earliest to go the route of rotations. Naturally, Legacy of Sorrow only let us rotate on Sev, Gore, Fay, Tal, VS, and Trak.

Be happy, people have it better than live on p99.

I never remembered MQ entire epics. And having the ability to do that is a plague on p99. Live servers had 5-10x the population with new people starting every day. I'm not saying new people don't start p99 every day but it's on a much smaller scale.

IMO if they removed the ability to MQ epics it would actually free up the mobs for guilds to do them themselves.

Just my 2 cents though.