PDA

View Full Version : Rampage List and FD

Splorf22
06-26-2014, 03:02 PM
Currently on Beta, any FD will take you off the rampage list. I'm not so sure that's how its supposed to work:

http://thedruidsgrove.org/archive/eq/t-103.html

Here are the rules for how the rampage hate list works. These rules determine where the rampage damage goes.

* The order of the rampage list is based upon the order in which players gain aggro. As soon as you attack the mob, heal someone who is being attacked by the mob, or do anything else that causes the mob to aggro, you will be placed in the next spot on the rampage list. Once the mob rampages for the first time, this list is set in stone.

* NOTHING will get you off of the Rampage list except for Memwipe or camping out. Period. Feign death MAY get you off the rampage list IF you are lucky enough to score a memwipe when you feign. Even death does NOT ALWAYS remove you from the rampage list; many rampaging mobs will start beating on someone who died to rampage the instant they are resurrected.

* Nothing you do will move you up or down the rampage list. Taunt, evade, jolt, and other methods of controlling aggro such as chain snaring, stunning, hate giving and hate taking spells, as well as all weapons with hate generating procs all have NO EFFECT WHATSOEVER on your position in the rampage list. Chain healing and chain nuking also have absolutely no effect on positions in the rampage list, although they will get you to the top of the main hate list fairly fast.

The list forms in the order the mob aggros people, and it stays in that form, never changing EXCEPT to remove those who have scored memwipes with Feign Death. You CAN clear the list by repeatedly casting memblur and memwipe on the mob you are fighting, BUT remember that this will also clear the main hate list and that can cause all kinds of problems.

Plus he also says:

I will not speak directly on the hate list (some hate list stuffs in here), but as for rampage here is what I can offer as I get on this list somewhat often. This is what I posted over on the guild message board that I belong to. The only thing I am not too sure of is if a mem-wipe gets you off the list as I have Fading Memories and it has not removed me from the list in the past.

So I think at minimum FD should only get you off the rampage list if you get a successful blur check, i.e. 35% of the time or so. And maybe blur shouldn't effect it at all.

Emsee
06-26-2014, 11:44 PM
Should also make sure the rampage list is not limited to 4 only as it was during Velious. Obviously easily exploited.