PDA

View Full Version : Why are posts being deleted in RnF?

Kenose
06-17-2014, 11:12 AM
ok so I posted a reply in some thread i dont remember which but it's clearly been deleted. it was bashing TMO, and how they have basically created a new low for end-game raiding guilds. A low that, defines end-game guilds as cock hungry loot whores, instead of respectable, skilled players, who don't shitpost server forums and go after loot like it's the last cock they'll ever suck.

The real question is, why are reply posts being deleted? And why are they being deleted when referring to TMO in a negative fashion?

Shannacore
06-17-2014, 11:13 AM
Server mods pretty clearly favor TMO

Freakish
06-17-2014, 11:14 AM
Its because Supremecy keeps posting Real Life information in every thread he shits up. People quote his posts and mods delete the thread instead of each individual offending posts.

Tiggles
06-17-2014, 11:18 AM
Server mods pretty clearly favor TMO

contemptor
06-17-2014, 11:18 AM
Supremacy (or Knightt? Im confused) posting supposed proof of Unbrella's (TMO officer) RMT transactions.

Mezzmur
06-17-2014, 11:19 AM
Its because Supremecy keeps posting Real Life information in every thread he shits up. People quote his posts and mods delete the thread instead of each individual offending posts.

+1

I just saw him post personal info, names, facebook, pictures, etc yet again. Pending thread deletion inc.

contemptor
06-17-2014, 11:19 AM
I'm very suprised we have not seen Unbrella retort this accusation yet, and just let the posts disappear instead. He's normally pretty active here.

Mezzmur
06-17-2014, 11:21 AM
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=689027&postcount=1

Mezzmur
06-17-2014, 11:26 AM
Rogean and Nilbog can do whatever they want.

If you don't like it, leave.

If you think the GMs are not doing what Rogean and Nilbog want, tell them directly.

If you still don't like it, leave.

I think most people just get EMO and throw on the tinfoil instead of using logic and reason.

Alarti0001
06-17-2014, 11:28 AM
Oh no, we better not post proof of RMT, that's a bannable offense!

The fact someone posts real life information doesn't mean its proof, in case you were confused(you were).

Mezzmur
06-17-2014, 11:41 AM
I mean, that's what will happen. People will leave this little project if it gets bad enough. It's like you want people to leave when in all honestly the developers are doing this FOR the people who play it. I am in no way taking advantage of that and I am so grateful for Project 1999. Rogean and the devs are doing gods work here, but TMO and other people are infecting this project and robbing the magic of what it is capable of. They are exhausting the well. For what purpose? People don't play Project 1999 to get loot and cockblock raid mobs, that's not what I signed up for... I want to re-live my past experience.

They are trivializing the magic you experienced when you stayed up til 4am on school nights to get to level 9 at Orc 1.

I don't understand what "TMO" is doing.

As someone from Fennin Ro Beta (TMO) through P99 now, I started on this server in 2010 and it's always been the exact same argument just new faces and different guilds. Before TMO there was TR and before TR there was IB. People bitched about the guild and yet the server continued to grow, competitors came and people enjoyed classic(ish) EQ.

Is there other stuff going on, sure, that's generally unavoidable and has happened in pretty much every online game, ever. The server staff do their best to combat that.

Hitpoint
06-17-2014, 11:47 AM
I mean, that's what will happen. People will leave this little project if it gets bad enough. It's like you want people to leave when in all honestly the developers are doing this FOR the people who play it. I am in no way taking advantage of that and I am so grateful for Project 1999. Rogean and the devs are doing gods work here, but TMO and other people are infecting this project and robbing the magic of what it is capable of.

Join date April 2014. Thinks he's saying something profound that hasn't been said a million times before.

The top guild has always been hated and blamed for all the problems on the server. You can't even make a post without spewing some hate fulled garbage about TMO. Here's the truth. The raid scene has never been as tame or accessible as it is right now. Not even fucking close.

And the population has only been increasing compared to the past. Even during the summer when numbers are supposed to plummet, like they have every year. There are 550 people online right now, that's more than we used to have on during summer peak hours.

Mezzmur
06-17-2014, 11:48 AM
Does TMO think Unbrella is innocent?

That's up for the staff to decide.

Here's Proof of Hokushin and Getsome RMT as well:

http://i.imgur.com/5S9O7Q5.png

Mezzmur
06-17-2014, 11:53 AM
I believe anyone who is proven to be involved in RMT, hacking, etc should be equally punished.

contemptor
06-17-2014, 11:55 AM
If a TMO officer is caught RMTing, TMO will be banned from RMTing for 5 days.

Fountree
06-17-2014, 11:57 AM
The fact someone posts real life information doesn't mean its proof, in case you were confused(you were).

Not saying that Unbrella is guilty or innocent on the RMT but, logically, why was that RL info so quickly removed if it didn't strike a chord with someone who plays here?

Mezzmur
06-17-2014, 12:00 PM
Not saying that Unbrella is guilty or innocent on the RMT but, logically, why was that RL info so quickly removed if it didn't strike a chord with someone who plays here?

It should be removed because the GMs have repeatedly said dont post RMT stuff and dont post RL info. PM it to the GMs and they will handle it.

If tinfoil is too tight and you think that's Sirken suppressing info, then send it to Rogean and Nilbog.

End of Story.

Frieza_Prexus
06-17-2014, 12:01 PM

For the same reason it's removed if it IS someone here. That person will likely be harassed by some insane EQ-Jihadist like Cast.

Hitpoint

The facebook and picture are enough to remove any of those posts. Regardless of any legitimate or fabricated RMT evidence.

Tiggles
All I wanted to do is make funny posts about EQ drama. WHHYYYY do you have to delete my threads. WHYYYYYYYYY

Hitpoint
06-17-2014, 12:03 PM
Join date, join date, join date - definite source of insecurity when this is mentioned. I've been on EQemu since foreverhacking. Not that that's saying anything, only that join date is a pretty vapid response.

Population fluctuates sure, and you're right it has been it's highest in a while, because in the past, the population only decreased greatly because new MMOs were coming out (TOR, Rift etc. I don't even remember the others because they're all worthless). People who play P99, let's face it, are playing so because they are nostalgic, they want to live in the past. They see a new MMO and they jump to it immediately. Lo and behold, human beings learn, and they are realizing "Wow MMOs are actually shit now and I should stop subscribing to every cash grab these corporations are going for". MMOs are not what they used to be. People are finally learning that, their fallback is P99. It's what they're familiar with. It's what they love.
All in all, when all other MMOs fail to satisfy these faggots(me included), they will return to this. ONLY because it caters to their nostalgia, that comfort zone, look at naes(nothing against him). Even after all that meth and hacks, his neutral point is EverQuest. Once you fuck with what you love, you only want to go back to the raw source of it and die slowly in your perceived innocence.

Population will never die here because it has already claimed it's victims 10+ years ago.

If you've been here, then you know how healthy the current raid scene is compared to any other time in the server's history. Posts like your previous one used to be a lot more common. Now, they seem out of place.

Mezzmur
06-17-2014, 12:04 PM
Here's Proof of Hokushin and Getsome RMT as well:

http://i.imgur.com/5S9O7Q5.png

Mezzmur
06-17-2014, 12:08 PM
All I wanted to do is make funny posts about EQ drama. WHHYYYY do you have to delete my threads. WHYYYYYYYYY

http://youtu.be/q9Vjfi0Slbw

Tiggles
06-17-2014, 12:10 PM
http://youtu.be/q9Vjfi0Slbw

Made my afternoon, Thank you

Hitpoint
06-17-2014, 12:10 PM
healthy raid scene.

RnF is filled with train threads and FTE threads.

:rolleyes:

About 1/10th as many as before. Probably less. Not to mention all the current threads are multi posts about the same incident which didn't even occur on a raid. And all are posted by either tiggles or anon IB members who are still furious about their own raid suspension (can't really blame them). Old RNF was full of real trains and ninja looting and shit. Real rules violations. There's a reason people say RNF is dying.

Tiggles
06-17-2014, 12:11 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyvM9fxkMfU

That's just obnoxious

Mezzmur
06-17-2014, 12:15 PM
ur dying

/thread

Mezzmur
06-17-2014, 12:18 PM
So you're posting Personal/RL information. Accurate or not, this belongs in a PM to a GM.

IMHO, you keep doing what you're told not to do and should have your game accounts banned.

doyoueventrainbro
06-17-2014, 12:19 PM
Wonder how all these TMO guys feel about this shocking revelation that their leader RMTs.

Tiggles?
Lazie?
Hitpoint?
Otherrandomtmofgt?

Eunomia
06-17-2014, 12:20 PM
So you're posting Personal/RL information. Accurate or not, this belongs in a PM to a GM.

IMHO, you keep doing what you're told not to do and should have your game accounts banned.

doyoueventrainbro
06-17-2014, 12:21 PM

Mad that his guildleader duped him.

Hitpoint
06-17-2014, 12:22 PM

Not that it's relevant at all, but he isn't our guild leader.

Ella`Ella
06-17-2014, 12:23 PM

Mezzmur
06-17-2014, 12:23 PM

My first leader was Zeelot. He stole the guild bank after promising me stuff 6 months before froovygate. Now Zeelot is in IB.

I've been in TMO since 2010, Unbrella has never been my guild leader and is an extremely nice guy.

Shits classic.

Mezzmur
06-17-2014, 12:25 PM
confirmed RMTer

Our TMO RMT Meetup in Vegas was awesome this year.

doyoueventrainbro
06-17-2014, 12:28 PM

Yo - where is your guildleader anyways?

Mezzmur
06-17-2014, 12:28 PM
Yo - where is your guildleader anyways?

Banned for RMT.

contemptor
06-17-2014, 12:59 PM
So you RMTing or are they screenshots fake?

contemptor
06-17-2014, 01:00 PM
Meant to quote Unbrella. Phone ftl. Please dear overlord Rogean bring back a forum runner

Sirken
06-17-2014, 01:02 PM
nm

jumped the gun on contemptor

Cistern
06-17-2014, 01:05 PM
Kenose banned - reason: unspecified.

the plot thickens

Hitpoint
06-17-2014, 01:06 PM
Kenose banned - reason: unspecified.

the plot thickens

It's probably a different account of the same scumbag who posted all the RL stuff.

Hitpoint
06-17-2014, 01:07 PM
Probably you, actually.

Cistern
06-17-2014, 01:08 PM
It's probably a different account of the same scumbag who posted all the RL stuff.

Lol it is me. And I dont know any RL shit about anyone, unless my meth comment about naes was "RL Info" this is really laughable.

Babayaaga
06-17-2014, 01:15 PM
Delete the posts... but not entire threads. Thread removal does nothing for transparency and integrity.

Cistern
06-17-2014, 01:25 PM
You should not try and hide the fact that the remaining 20 accounts were in fact linked to the other 86. They were not guild tagged as TMO, but were being used by the exact same people.

don't talk back to the GMs, you may get banned. I did.

sanforce
06-17-2014, 01:27 PM
You should not try and hide the fact that the remaining 20 accounts were in fact linked to the other 86. They were not guild tagged as TMO, but were being used by the exact same people.

You should try to remember that it was 2 guilty people. The majority of those accounts were unbanned within the month.

sanforce
06-17-2014, 01:33 PM
But were they acting on behalf of TMO?
and were all 106 accounts linked to them?

They were not acting on behalf of TMO. They were acting on their own, but were trusted members in the guild. Any account that was ever touched by the 2 guilty individuals was initially banned, and then unbanned if the logs proved that the account was directly related to duping (based off of number of logins from the offending IPs, I believe).

I'm not sure if all 106 accounts were linked to those 2 individuals, that's a question for P1999s illustrious staff.

sanforce
06-17-2014, 01:35 PM
They were not acting on behalf of TMO. They were acting on their own, but were trusted members in the guild. Any account that was ever touched by the 2 guilty individuals was initially banned, and then unbanned if the logs proved that the account was directly related to duping (based off of number of logins from the offending IPs, I believe).

I'm not sure if all 106 accounts were linked to those 2 individuals, that's a question for P1999s illustrious staff.

wasn't* directly related to duping.

wtb edit button in RNF

Alarti0001
06-17-2014, 01:40 PM
Lol Anthrax banned for his own mental sanity. Mods are looking out for you.

Glenzig
06-17-2014, 01:45 PM
Lies, just the other day no mention of RL info nor even specific RMT type accusations and an account got vaporized. With your ban message you clearly took it serious.

So in accordance to your words it must've been a smart accusation to actually get removed? Since clearly that account can't post all day anymore, but this other dude doing more ridiculous garbage still can?

more proof for those who doubted

So which account of yours was it that got the ban hammer?

Ambrotos
06-17-2014, 01:46 PM
Can always take a fraps of opening up a new browser, go to your paypal and show everything that way. That's how Nizzar got banned according to CNNredp99 News.

Sirken
06-17-2014, 01:49 PM

i dont make wild ass accusations based on things that i know nothing about, unlike you.

i didnt deal with the investigation, so i have to go by the thread that rogean made. but i would LOVE to hear how you were able to confirm the other 20 accts were TMO.

teach me your magic ways sir, im eager to learn

Derubael
06-17-2014, 01:50 PM
Can always take a fraps of opening up a new browser, go to your paypal and show everything that way. That's how Nizzar got banned according to CNNredp99 News.

RMT fraps are the BEST fraps.

Alarti0001
06-17-2014, 01:53 PM
Nizzar finally got banned?

Frieza_Prexus
06-17-2014, 01:55 PM
Paypal screenshots are worthless, especially ones with numbers for payments like $38.54. Are ya'll paying sales tax on your illicit internet pixels? rofl

referring to: http://i.imgur.com/5S9O7Q5.png

That's a photochop man. Flippie was trying to make a point.

Lazie
06-17-2014, 01:56 PM

Woah, Woah, Woah let's not bring facts into this discussion.

feanan
06-17-2014, 02:06 PM
With TMO, it's always just the "one bad apple" that they blame everything on.
Hey, it was just two guys, but they logged in to 2609 TMO accounts. But really, nobody knew!

Bardalicious
06-17-2014, 02:09 PM
TMO break fear yet?

sanforce
06-17-2014, 02:10 PM
Hey, it was just two guys, but they logged in to 2609 TMO accounts. But really, nobody knew!

Yep, pretty much.

TMO break fear yet?

Nope.

Frieza_Prexus
06-17-2014, 02:11 PM

It was. Do you understand the circumstances of what happened? They were duping blue diamonds. Rogean came down extremely hard. Don't you think that if more people were involved that they'd also have been outed? He was absolutely furious; he'd have no reason to not throw them under the bus,

No one did know. I myself purchased duped Blue Diamonds from Internode unwittingly. Had I not petitioned myself and surrendered them before the punishment went into effect I probably would have been pinched myself.

Glenzig
06-17-2014, 02:11 PM

What guild are you in?

Uuruk
06-17-2014, 02:17 PM
Lots of GMs posting in rnf instead of banning tune for bind camping on red. CMON MAN!!

Aviann
06-17-2014, 02:39 PM
What guild are you in?

Doesn't matter which guild he is in, as long as he isn't in TMO. Scum of Norrath.

indiscriminate_hater
06-17-2014, 02:49 PM
RnF risky clicking at work recently, the risk makes me feel alive

fishingme
06-17-2014, 08:38 PM
i dont make wild ass accusations based on things that i know nothing about, unlike you.

i didnt deal with the investigation, so i have to go by the thread that rogean made. but i would LOVE to hear how you were able to confirm the other 20 accts were TMO.

teach me your magic ways sir, im eager to learn

Can you disprove it? If platlord can use multiple IPs, why can't tmo?

the RMT market is an entertaining/intriguing thing to think about. Kind of surprising that there isn't more progress on dealing with it.

Glenzig
06-17-2014, 10:52 PM
Can you disprove it? If platlord can use multiple IPs, why can't tmo?

the RMT market is an entertaining/intriguing thing to think about. Kind of surprising that there isn't more progress on dealing with it.

Dude everyone knows that you're Platlord and you're just sour with TMO for stepping on your turf with the RMT business. Now IB is on the verge of folding and you've lost your main customer base.

Eliseus
06-18-2014, 12:52 AM
I don't understand what "TMO" is doing.

As someone from Fennin Ro Beta (TMO) through P99 now, I started on this server in 2010 and it's always been the exact same argument just new faces and different guilds. Before TMO there was TR and before TR there was IB. People bitched about the guild and yet the server continued to grow, competitors came and people enjoyed classic(ish) EQ.

Is there other stuff going on, sure, that's generally unavoidable and has happened in pretty much every online game, ever. The server staff do their best to combat that.

You don't seem to help your case, you basically argue that there is no problem by pointing out there has always been a problem. You also point out that people obviously do leave but new faces show up to constantly complain about the problem that apparently doesn't exist till they leave and new faces show up and rinse and repeat. Sounds like your ignorance is getting the best of you.

Fael
06-18-2014, 01:37 AM
The sad thing was the person who posted the screen misspelled umbrellas father's last name-- it was different in the deleted thread.

Most likely they got onto his face book, found out his dads name, and then misspelled it when doctoring up the "proof". Vindictive neck beards that have nothing better to do that doctor up paypal to create a story on RNF create a problem for authenticating evidence.

Unfortunately we have plenty of willing consumers for it here. Most of who are true believers of anything they want to hear.

After two and a half years I have come to the conclusion that Many People on these forums are really fucking dumb.

Dolic

Estolcles
06-18-2014, 03:32 AM
Shit! I -KNEW- Umbrella was responsible for RMT. First the T-Virus, and now RMT...

http://www.ironmanmode.com/wp-content/uploads/umbrella-corporation.jpg

Champion_Standing
06-18-2014, 07:21 AM
Box is confirmed corrupt as fuck

Autotune
06-18-2014, 08:01 AM
If TMO are the kings of RMT do you think they are BUYING the Dragon loot they have tried to have a choke hold on for years? If anything TMO would be key sellers for loot most of the server doesn't care enough to see. So it seems the real issue is the demand for RMT'd items by lesser and more casual guilds. So the next time you see the BDA ranger with both Epics or that Assguard bard with a singing sword think to yourself.

Would be no Drug lords without Drug users
http://media2.s-nbcnews.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Slideshows/_production/ss-110118-mexico-shaul/ss-110118-mexico-01.grid-9x2.JPG

Fuck that, someone give me a geared 60 monk or shaman please.

Cistern
06-18-2014, 10:23 AM
I still don't understand why Kenose(my forum account) was banned for posting this thread? Yeah I was being pretty obnoxious and stupid, but is that a bannable offense for RnF? I have never posted any RL info about anyone, after I jokingly accused sirken of RMT he banned my forum account with no reason specified. Can you get banned for annoying a GM in RnF?

Tecmos Deception
06-18-2014, 10:24 AM
I still don't understand why Kenose(my forum account) was banned for posting this thread? Yeah I was being pretty obnoxious and stupid, but is that a bannable offense for RnF? I have never posted any RL info about anyone, after I jokingly accused sirken of RMT he banned my forum account with no reason specified. Can you get banned for annoying a GM in RnF?

Sounds like you got banned for being a retard.

Cistern
06-18-2014, 10:24 AM

Is that a bannable offense?

Gaffin 7.0
06-18-2014, 10:25 AM
lol accused sirken of rmt doesnt know why forum banned GG

Cistern
06-18-2014, 10:25 AM
lol accused sirken of rmt doesnt know why forum banned GG

Did people get banned when accusing Amelinda of RMT?

Frieza_Prexus
06-18-2014, 10:27 AM
Did people get banned when accusing Amelinda of RMT?

Yes.

Fountree
06-18-2014, 10:28 AM
Yes.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
06-18-2014, 06:39 PM