PDA

View Full Version : I hate bards

wimlin
06-04-2014, 12:14 AM
Seriously! Quit monopolizing lower level zones with your power leveling. You completely ruin the game for newer players on so many levels. Enjoy your server I'd rather play Console then put up with you people for one more minute.

Azure
06-04-2014, 12:17 AM
http://i.imgur.com/3Bu6XgH.jpg

Azure
06-04-2014, 12:17 AM
Go level in runneyeye, doubt its overpopulated, or east karana or north karana, or permafrost.

Also kewl as fuck zones.

And prob sola not to bad most of the time also.

/pras

Dragonsblood1987
06-04-2014, 01:04 AM
Abacab died so blackburrow is probably open.

myriverse
06-04-2014, 07:07 AM
Seriously! Quit monopolizing lower level zones with your power leveling. You completely ruin the game for newer players on so many levels. Enjoy your server I'd rather play Console then put up with you people for one more minute.
Not monopolizing. Think of it as mob delivery.

Glenzig
06-04-2014, 07:50 AM
This is the second time you've made this same basic post. Quit whining and move to a new zone. No, they aren't all being monopolized by bards power leveling. Which zones in particular are you talking about anyway?

Daldaen
06-04-2014, 07:59 AM
East Karana
Overthere
South Karana
Overthere
Burning Woods

^Stay out of those 4 zones, and you won't have issues... Unless its a 55-60 bard PLing. And even then... they use Overthere a lot for that.

In Overthere, which seems to be the zone where most of the hate occurs, bards don't pull some sarnaks and all the rhinos. So kill those?

Bboboo
06-04-2014, 08:02 AM
East Karana
Overthere
South Karana
Overthere
Burning Woods

^Stay out of those 4 zones, and you won't have issues... Unless its a 55-60 bard PLing. And even then... they use Overthere a lot for that.

In Overthere, which seems to be the zone where most of the hate occurs, bards don't pull some sarnaks and all the rhinos. So kill those?

Holy fuck add this to the guides section on the wiki.

A+

moklianne
06-04-2014, 09:34 AM
Druids PL quite a bit in SK as well, so its just not Bards.

It really sucks because if you are a kiting class these are great spots. Its not the best exp, but its safe, especially if you can't commit your full attention due to RL stuff.

fishingme
06-04-2014, 11:13 AM
Noticed the other day that sol A and guk top have become new spots for bard Pling.

Imslap
06-04-2014, 11:14 AM
Noticed the other day that sol A and guk top have become new spots for bard Pling.

Gotta hit those high ZEM zones. Ive been using those for years

Bboboo
06-04-2014, 11:21 AM
Another thing is, when I kite on my bard I have absolutely no problem with people picking a mob or two off my pack.

Glenzig
06-04-2014, 12:04 PM
Another thing is, when I kite on my bard I have absolutely no problem with people picking a mob or two off my pack.

Absolutely. I even have a macro made that I edit for whatever zone in in that lets everyone know I'm about to make a monster pull and if they want to pull a few mobs out of my kite I'm fine with that.
In fact most bards have no problem with this and will either do that or group with you and let you soak up XP for free. But unfortunately for the op, you have to actually communicate with them and not just walk into a zone and act like you already owned all the mobs you wanted simply for showing up.

sandforce
06-04-2014, 04:32 PM
Social Argo changes a few months back made it where mobs will stick around if friendly mobs are nearby. This opened up a lot more for bard PLs.

I'm not sure what happens when a bard tries to low hp kite these days, but I hear it isn't good.

And finally, if a bard is solo kitting and people start getting angry in the zone, it simply reinforces that they are doing it right (mid 30s bards can ding twice in a single pull in OT). HOWEVER, if the bard continues to be a pain in the ass, just get a Druid to cast a bunch of long duration snares on the kite, and then sit back and laugh.

Yibz
06-04-2014, 04:41 PM
If you're not getting hate tells then you're not PLing right.

Troubled
06-04-2014, 04:41 PM
just get a Druid to cast a bunch of long duration snares on the kite, and then sit back and laugh.

Which the bard can overwrite with his short snare and wonder why the druid is wasting mana.

sandforce
06-04-2014, 04:59 PM
Ya, the bard can overwrite it, but it can be a huge pain in the ass when solo kiting.

Bboboo
06-04-2014, 06:04 PM
Ya, the bard can overwrite it, but it can be a huge pain in the ass when solo kiting.

Press 2. K done.

sanforce
06-04-2014, 06:18 PM
I'm not talking abt during the pulling part, of course it's easy to overwrite a druid snare when running all over the zone.

I'm talking about when the solo strafe kiting/killing begins. If they land a few snares and spread the mobs out, the bard has to quit kiting for a minute to overwrite the snares, regather the mobs, and then setup for the killing again. It can slow a bard way down, especially if you catch em unaware.

Bboboo
06-04-2014, 06:22 PM
Move to another area. K done.

Trancemaster21
06-04-2014, 07:25 PM
Add LOIO to that zone list. Seeing bards pull everything there lately.

Champion_Standing
06-04-2014, 07:34 PM
Fuckin bards are always shitting up the server. Show me a time when bards weren't fucking ruining everything.

indiscriminate_hater
06-04-2014, 07:50 PM
we're keeping the zones safe for you pansy asses. don't like it then you can git

zanderklocke
06-04-2014, 08:11 PM
Social Argo changes a few months back made it where mobs will stick around if friendly mobs are nearby. This opened up a lot more for bard PLs.

I imagine this benefits druids as well. They aren't stuck to undead zones anymore. They could pretty much do any dungeon/zone now. Permafrost and Runnyeye PLs?

Erydan Ouragan
06-04-2014, 09:35 PM
East Karana
Overthere
South Karana
Overthere
Burning Woods

I don't think people should have to stay out of any zone. AE kiting is fine as long as it doesn't affect anyone else.

If a bard is pulling too many mobs, he's monopolizing the spawns, and that's against the server's PnP policy, period.

Which the bard can overwrite with his short snare and wonder why the druid is wasting mana.

As a bard myself, i'd rather wait for him to pull and pack up his train real tight, then run in the middle of the mobs and hit AE fear.

I would prefer having the GM deal with it though.

Uuruk
06-04-2014, 09:58 PM
Bard I was playing with got asked to leave lake with 9 people in zone. Sad crybabies.

wimlin
06-15-2014, 01:00 AM
You know it isn't even that they AE pull everything that pisses me off so much. Its that I have to sit there and wait for 20 min while they AE kite it down because no mobs spawn then entire time they are kiting. That is why they effectively monopolize a zone and it should be stopped. It completely interrupts what tons other players are doing. OT, FV, Loio, DL.. there is just no escaping the bards because it only takes 1 asshole to ruin it for everyone.

Strifer
06-15-2014, 01:12 AM
Don't hate. Cooperate!

indiscriminate_hater
06-15-2014, 02:18 AM
Maybe try pulling a mob or 4 from their trains. Jesus Christ do you really need someone to spell it out for you?

fishingme
06-16-2014, 04:21 PM
need more wizards to jump in when mobs are 70% and just start aoeing the aoe kiting trains that the bards are pulling.

Glenzig
06-16-2014, 04:25 PM
You know it isn't even that they AE pull everything that pisses me off so much. Its that I have to sit there and wait for 20 min while they AE kite it down because no mobs spawn then entire time they are kiting. That is why they effectively monopolize a zone and it should be stopped. It completely interrupts what tons other players are doing. OT, FV, Loio, DL.. there is just no escaping the bards because it only takes 1 asshole to ruin it for everyone.

You're right bards should be nerfed for making good use of their design. Brilliant logic. I wonder if there are any other classes that we could nerf while we are at it?

hatelore
06-16-2014, 04:35 PM
Go to red. Start snaring his mobs, snare/root him. Kill him or watch mobs kill him. Go have a beer. And a steak. Ta ta~

Glenzig
06-16-2014, 04:44 PM
Go to red. Start snaring his mobs, snare/root him. Kill him or watch mobs kill him. Go have a beer. And a steak. Ta ta~

Much better strategy.

Uuruk
06-16-2014, 04:50 PM

Causing Experience Loss.

Intentionally causing experience-loss to other players in the PvP environment is illegal in all cases and may result in disciplinary action when witnessed by a P99CSR. This includes things such as intentionally training NPCs. We do understand that there are cases where the experience-loss is unintentional, and no disciplinary action will be taken in those cases.

Much like how the Kill Stealing rule applies to those on the blue servers, this rule is designed to discourage and make note of those who do it habitually, thus betraying the spirit of PvP. As a note, the P99CSR will not in any case provide a resurrection for someone who was caused experience loss in PvP, intentionally or otherwise. This is one of the dangers of playing on a PvP server.