PDA

View Full Version : Wurm / drake aoe not ignoring LoS

Nirgon
05-30-2014, 03:58 AM
I recall that the only way to avoid this stuff was to be very far out of range when it went off from dragons/trash and the same with other dragon aoe in old world.

I'm on live now and it is ignoring LoS and hitting me on ToV trash (acid jet, wave of cold etc).

Gonna fiddle with this some more..

Alunova
05-30-2014, 10:21 AM
There are a lot of well documented strats for avoiding AoE LoS, including trash. Look up HoT firepots etc.

I rarely saw a mob in ToV, was always around the corner.

Ele
05-30-2014, 11:33 AM
corners are better for tov than any resist gear

Ele
05-30-2014, 11:36 AM
this EQclerics thread was a chuckle

http://www.eqclerics.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10890

I refer to that as "Save vs. Wall".

"What resist we need?"
"Save vs. wall!"

NewClericOnRaid tells you, 'What resists do I need for this?'
You tell NewClericOnRaid, 'A wall, stand by me, if we get hit by the AE, we lost.'
NewClericOnRaid tells you, 'Oh..'

Nirgon
05-30-2014, 12:44 PM
Ya the Aaryonar fight being what stands out the most. But something's odd with some of these AoE's. I was trying to cast and got the cant see target message... yet aoe's were goin nuts on me. Maybe it was just the room or something.

Scrubosaur
05-30-2014, 05:22 PM
Every fight in ToV requires healers to hide behind a wall, a drop down, or around a corner. There isn't a fight I can think of where healers eat AoE's except maybe the knockback fight because it's possible to get pushed off the edge if you aren't in front of the dragon with your back to the wall.

radditsu
05-30-2014, 07:42 PM
Point blank ae's you hide the healers. Targeted ae you hide the tank. Trying to locate proof on old strats. It's tight lipped. I cant find any of our old stuff on way back.

radditsu
05-30-2014, 07:46 PM
Every fight in ToV requires healers to hide behind a wall, a drop down, or around a corner. There isn't a fight I can think of where healers eat AoE's except maybe the knockback fight because it's possible to get pushed off the edge if you aren't in front of the dragon with your back to the wall.

There is a crevice you can get to and shrink in

Tikker
05-31-2014, 10:24 AM
We fought around a lot of corners too except for vyemm

lurk
06-01-2014, 04:00 PM
Definitely walls blocked AEs in any indoor zone. If you could hail the npc and just got Hail instead of Hail, Dozekar the Cursed that means you're out of LoS. Pets would get hit by ghost AEs through the walls and send them chasing them down, thus making pets a bad idea.

Speaking of ghost AEs, Aary's AE would ghost and show your mana going down even if you're hidden. You had to use an clicky to update your UI or it wouldn't let you cast

Nirgon
06-01-2014, 09:45 PM
Eh I remember on live being down the ramp before the Vox room and getting feared over and over when I was bound there and people were finishing her. Then I will have to show you the area in ToV where I witnessed spams of AoE's triggering on me well behind a wall. Might just be these 2 specific areas.. /shrug.

Nirgon
06-03-2014, 01:47 PM
I solved the riddle.

The effects display on you but nothing lands if in range but not in los. Maybe this can be implemented here.

I need to try this with dragon fear I'm case its not just damage is blocked but not the effect. Def got feared on on live by Vox some how without being in the room with her during engage.