PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Taunt in ToV

Artaenc
05-15-2014, 02:03 AM
I don't know if I'm remembering this incorrectly but it seems like taunt worked a little better in Velious on live. I'd hate to have to wait for a proc before calling the dps in on every trash mob in tov. It seems slightly better with the BiS items than live but it seems to be lacking still. Any thoughts?

pasi
05-15-2014, 02:24 AM
What are you looking to taunt? The skill will only work on stuff 65 and below. A lot of ToV is 66-70.

Also, the patch that made taunt even go beyond level 60 is 2 months in or so. Not sure what state we are here.

Artaenc
05-15-2014, 02:42 AM
What are you looking to taunt? The skill will only work on stuff 65 and below. A lot of ToV is 66-70.

Also, the patch that made taunt even go beyond level 60 is 2 months in or so. Not sure what state we are here.

Looks like the template is at 200.

pasi
05-15-2014, 02:50 AM
Not sure I'm understanding you.

Anyhow, the majority of ToV should not be tauntable for the first month. This might not be the case if the developers release us a bit of time into Velious - which seems to be the case for many NPCs, loot tables, item nerfs, and AC mechanics. Either way, the cap is only pushed to level 65 and below NPCs.

For trash mobs with large groups of players, a knight is going to be preferred!

Hope that helps.

Artaenc
05-15-2014, 12:32 PM

Anyhow, the majority of ToV should not be tauntable for the first month. This might not be the case if the developers release us a bit of time into Velious - which seems to be the case for many NPCs, loot tables, item nerfs, and AC mechanics. Either way, the cap is only pushed to level 65 and below NPCs.

Hope that helps.

The 200 I was referring to is the taunt skill level currently for the warrior template in beta when you beta buff a warrior. Knights will fold unless we setup a CH order for them as we found out last night even with the kunark best in slot gear. We could kite the trash around until we get it slowed I guess and then have a knight tank it but even slowed it still hurt. I don't remember losing a quarter of the raid every time we pulled an add while we are getting it slowed and heals stabilized. I do remember shamans die a lot though in ToV but mostly on the dragons but not the trash.

pasi
05-15-2014, 04:10 PM
Are you referring to named adds or Flurry Drakes (Defenders?). Are you referring to regular trash mobs? Which wing?

Artaenc
05-15-2014, 04:43 PM

Hope that helps.

According to the wiki the trash mobs are lvl 60-62 and some of them conned even last night. The dragons are the ones that are lvl 66-70.

Elderan
05-20-2014, 11:12 AM

This is correct. Early on ToV was a pain because of this. The change to taunt was later in the velious release. It made things easier but still aggro was always a problem.