PDA

View Full Version : Enchanters pacify line

triad
05-01-2014, 12:13 AM
What is the best one to use? .. calm has the longest time but is lwoer level .. will it get resisted more or is it like the mez spells? ...

tekniq
05-01-2014, 12:20 AM
heard soothe is the go-to..dunno why tho.

Nightbear
05-01-2014, 09:40 AM
I always use Calm. 3 minute duration is too good to pass up IMO

Daldaen
05-01-2014, 09:47 AM
Level of spell shouldn't influence resist rate.

Just the level of your mob and your own level.

Shamalam
05-01-2014, 04:20 PM
I also use Calm almost exclusively. Soothe can be useful if mana is tight or if you just need to lull lots of stuff. I have used Pacify exactly zero times since I got it, I don't really see any reason for it.

Splorf22
05-01-2014, 09:51 PM
The higher level calm spells reduce the aggro radius more. Lull isn't all that much, and two mobs that are close will still come together. Calm is pretty good but it's still possible to aggro if it paths right over you. With Pacify it's basically impossible.

Calm is the best, though, because it lasts 3 minutes compared to Pacify's 48 seconds and also costs quite a bit less mana.

Iumuno
05-02-2014, 08:04 AM
These spells all used to have a level (mob) cap... here's what I found:

Name_of_Spell Level_of_Spell/Level_Cap
Lull: Lull 1/30, Soothe 6/40, Calm 18/50, Pacify 35/55, Wake of Tranquility (AE) 51/60,

Didn't even have to dig hard to find this information... is this deviation from classic working as intended?

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/enchanter-level-caps-up-to-70.194463/

Among other sources

Daldaen
05-02-2014, 08:47 AM
For some reason I was under the impression spells themselves didn't have caps.

Stuns, mezzes, charms, lulls... They should stick on all the same levels in classic. IE all lulls stick up to level 55 mobs, etc.

Am I miss remembering things? I could've sworn it was like this then they changed it to be specific to spell.

Iumuno
05-02-2014, 08:49 AM
For some reason I was under the impression spells themselves didn't have caps.

Stuns, mezzes, charms, lulls... They should stick on all the same levels in classic. IE all lulls stick up to level 55 mobs, etc.

Am I miss remembering things? I could've sworn it was like this then they changed it to be specific to spell.

Charms and lulls had specific caps according to each spell.

Mez and stun cap (55) was generic to the spell line.

Also, duration on pacify spells is wrong.

From the December 18 2003 patch notes:

- Lull spells with duration less than 5 should no longer be lasting as
if they had duration 5. This will reduce the duration of some lull-type
spells to their proper duration.

Previous to this, all lull type spells had a (unintended) duration of at least 5 minutes. From what I understand, this was due to the npc buff duration multiplier, as lull spells (for some reason) were considered beneficial spells.

I think I should bug this.

Castigate
05-04-2014, 02:15 PM
You'd really need a timeline accurate source on any of that, that post you listed has spells from way beyond the P99 timeline and as such isn't very useful.

Iumuno
05-04-2014, 04:09 PM
You'd really need a timeline accurate source on any of that, that post you listed has spells from way beyond the P99 timeline and as such isn't very useful.

Yeah I didn't bug it yet, I am sure this information is pretty easy to dig out though. And it does match what I remember.

captnamazing
05-04-2014, 04:30 PM
this has been an informative thread

Castigate
05-04-2014, 04:43 PM
If the max level stuff is accurate then definitely, but just looking at the link a number of spells are listed at the wrong level, which makes it hard for me to believe.
Also it lists the entire Mez line as working up to 55, and in P99 right now mesmerize and mesmerization only effect up to level 52, and the rest work on higher, which makes me think things were changed well before this.