PDA

View Full Version : Siren Grotto - Succor Exploit?

Gaunja
04-24-2014, 08:04 AM
When Velious was released on live, there was a bug/exploit allowing players to succor through the zone to WW. You zone in, go to the corner to right, face it and camp. Log in, sit and camp. Doing this a few times would eventually glitch you through the wall and force game to drop you in safe spot (succor point at WW). Anyone test this yet? My character too low to get there. Thanks!!

Daldaen
04-24-2014, 08:25 AM
Not in game, won't be put in game.

Learn to love Druids and wizards.

Gaunja
04-24-2014, 08:27 AM
I dont want it in game. Just wondering if it was checked so it could be removed. :)

Daldaen
04-24-2014, 08:51 AM
Yea most of the geometry bugs were patched out client side before emu came out

Haynar
05-15-2014, 12:55 AM
Learn to run the gauntlet like real men do through sirens grotto.

H

Juevento
05-20-2014, 10:22 AM
Or if you can sneak, you can get through no problem.

Vile
05-20-2014, 10:24 AM

H

always loved that run

Pullyn
05-20-2014, 10:56 AM

H

Elderan
05-20-2014, 11:11 AM
Run is not a problem. Early on in velious release mobs would get bugged out in the water and would warp on top of you. They then would get stuck and the next person coming through would get crushed by 6-7 mobs all on top of each other in a single spot.

On the beta here the mobs in the water would warp through the walls making the run harder. I am pretty sure that has been fixed now.

Lasher
05-20-2014, 11:12 AM
Was a " Fuck Yeah "moment when I was able to get through sirens grotto alive on my own as a caster

Elderan
05-20-2014, 11:14 AM
Was a " Fuck Yeah "moment when I was able to get through sirens grotto alive on my own as a caster

One of the requirements in FOH for new apps was you had to get to TOV without any help. SG was much harder to get across back then with the warping and we didn't know about the camp bug at the time.

Many apps could not make it.

Raavak
05-20-2014, 11:20 AM
I f'in hated that run through even though I think I only died a few times. It still gives me the heeby jeebys.

Vile
05-20-2014, 11:30 AM
def remember using the camping trick many times on live..

Artaenc
05-20-2014, 12:52 PM
def remember using the camping trick many times on live..

Scrubosaur
05-20-2014, 01:34 PM
The classic experience through SG was camping in the corner and popping up on the other side. Not being able to do this would definitely be a non-classic experience. And I am pretty sure this "bug" was left in game until PoP or later. Luckily I play a necromancer and have levant so it's a non-issue for me but not being able to do it detracts from one of those cool tricks from back in the day.

Vile
05-20-2014, 02:56 PM
The classic experience through SG was camping in the corner and popping up on the other side. Not being able to do this would definitely be a non-classic experience. And I am pretty sure this "bug" was left in game until PoP or later. Luckily I play a necromancer and have levant so it's a non-issue for me but not being able to do it detracts from one of those cool tricks from back in the day.

Yea but what I think they're saying is: it might be the client they're using doesn't allow for this trick to work..

lurk
05-21-2014, 03:28 AM
I always thought the camp succor was a waste of time. The run is so easy. I've done it naked on a caster, with just a couple hundred hp. If you time the ticks you can sneak past the first two seahorses without agro, swim up, reinvis at the top and run to WW.

Scoresby
05-21-2014, 07:57 AM
I always thought the camp succor was a waste of time. The run is so easy. I've done it naked on a caster, with just a couple hundred hp. If you time the ticks you can sneak past the first two seahorses without agro, swim up, reinvis at the top and run to WW.

Well, it isn't so easy in SGs current state. Everything in there is a rapetrain. The seahorses are hitting for over 200, good luck making it to the WW zoneout!

Kevynne
05-21-2014, 09:47 AM
Yea most of the geometry bugs were patched out client side before emu came out

this bug exists on PEQ, THF, EZ, KPEMU, and the chinese everquest one dragonsoul or w/e its called

Kevynne
05-21-2014, 09:49 AM
Everything in there is a rapetrain. good luck making it to the WW zoneout!

classic as fuck

cyryllis
05-22-2014, 04:27 AM
corner camping was the only way I knew how to get through SG solo on live, until well after velious

Shortin
05-22-2014, 06:01 PM
I never managed to sneak through the water tunnel without getting aggro on my rogue on EQMac. It wasn't a problem, since I'd make it out of the tunnel alive with the seahorsies beating on me, but I'm pretty sure I always got aggro when just sneaking.

Dullah
07-28-2014, 12:30 AM

H

Tried this run today (that i did on a regular basis with a <2k hp character on live) and got obliterated while fully raid buffed (5kish hp). Mobs were hitting me for 240~ almost every swing and they were on top of me the entire time even with max swimming and sow on. Didn't even make it half way.

Not a hugely important fix, but running thru sirens grotto just wasn't that hard on live if you knew the way. Not sure if its that the mobs are too hard, or the way they path here allows them to move directly to you, but its a very different experience.

Alunova
07-28-2014, 01:50 AM
Tried this run today (that i did on a regular basis with a <2k hp character on live) and got obliterated while fully raid buffed (5kish hp). Mobs were hitting me for 240~ almost every swing and they were on top of me the entire time even with max swimming and sow on. Didn't even make it half way.

Not a hugely important fix, but running thru sirens grotto just wasn't that hard on live if you knew the way. Not sure if its that the mobs are too hard, or the way they path here allows them to move directly to you, but its a very different experience.

There is no pathing in Sirens on Beta. The path file has been created, but the server has not been patched. Please try again after the next update.

Dullah
07-28-2014, 01:56 AM
Cool thanks Alunova.

Man0warr
07-28-2014, 10:23 AM
Also, the pre nerf (~1 month into Velious) Siren's Grotto is active on beta. Right now all the mobs there are way overtuned - no one used this version so they nerfed it (and changed Velketors from a 30s zone to a 50+ one in the same patch).

It's probably not even worth having the original versions of those two dungeons, given how long they were active in the timeline.