PDA

View Full Version : I am back

Rob Hensley
04-19-2014, 03:41 AM
Evening all,

just got my new copy of Titanium, and am just now loaded! been nearly 10 years since i played. there is nothing out in the mmo markt i want to play, so i knew this was gonna be a good time.

few issues though that i am hoping to get some help on. the login server page seems to be down, or i am doing something wrong. started on the Eqemulator site, but thats seems dated now? long story short, i am stuck. have access to both P1999, AND Eqemulator Forum pages, but cant get past that. The Loging page seems to load, but its blank.

any guidance someone can throw my would be appreciated. really looking forward to being back!

Ritewing, former uber Pally of Rallos Zek/Ascending dawn/Seekers of Divinity

quido
04-19-2014, 03:42 AM
How many times have you tried? Try again.

Rob Hensley
04-19-2014, 03:51 AM
the page seems down. trying for 2 hrs

phacemeltar
04-19-2014, 03:56 AM

make sure your serverinfo file (not sure what its called) is updated to the appropriate ip

reboot machine? reboot router? reinstall eq? sometimes the last option there solves the craziest of problems..

good luck!

quido
04-19-2014, 04:09 AM
try putting all your change in your left pocket and whistling Danny Boy in the key of E-Sharp Major

nilzark
04-19-2014, 07:39 AM
This happens to me a lot, usually because I connect through the shittiest ISPs - but your best bet is to follow the directions provided by Rogean through the "getting started" link on the home page. Install EQ to a directory OTHER than 'program files' - download the P99 specific files, install them according to directions, then navigate to your install folder and double click on the 'launch titanium.bat' file.

Rob Hensley
04-19-2014, 11:57 AM
Thx Nil...the issue i am having is not the game , but the login server. utilizing the link in section 2 of the "Getting Started-Play Guide" takes me to a blank page.

Page says this: http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/profile.php?do=loginserver
but it is a blank page.

think ill try the change in left pocket... :)

Sarajo
04-19-2014, 12:08 PM
There are two logins. Or something. One for EQEmu(you have to register at their forums, the ones that the link took you to) then another here at the P99 forums(Where you obviously registered because we're having a conversation in these forums).
That being said: A few of the links in the "Getting Started" section are broken, I think. You might be better off googling around them, instead of clicking into them.

As for what Nilzark said: I think you do have to click LaunchTitanium.bat the first time you run it (that's probably in the getting started guide somewhere) and after that you can use the eqgame.exe link, but create a shortcut and add "patchme" to the end of the command line(probably in the guide somewhere too... if not, it's searchable in these fine forums)

Invoke
04-19-2014, 12:46 PM
Thx Nil...the issue i am having is not the game , but the login server. utilizing the link in section 2 of the "Getting Started-Play Guide" takes me to a blank page.

Page says this: http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/profile.php?do=loginserver
but it is a blank page.

think ill try the change in left pocket... :)

I had the same problem. They need to update the Getting Started guide. I think you just have to register on the left side of the main P99 page.

Rob Hensley
04-19-2014, 01:38 PM
ok...im all dialed in on forums, game seems to be installed properly now.

what i cant seem to get to now is the Eqemulator. try to load game and it wants to "patch" still, even with the modified Eqhost correct.

Jesus...this is frustrating.

tried to load from icon on desktop...nada..
tried to load from Titanium.bat....nada...

nothing gets me to the Eqemulator screen

SamwiseRed
04-19-2014, 01:47 PM
what the hell. ill try to figure it out. i am just not sure what you are doing wrong. literally takes less than a min after install to get connected. i have no idea what you are doing wrong but its probably something simple.

SamwiseRed
04-19-2014, 01:48 PM
did you download the server files?

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140577

first link at top? if not download and put them in your everquest folder.

Rob Hensley
04-19-2014, 02:04 PM
no doubt it something simple Sam, and yes...thats downloaded. Drinks on me if you can ID the mindfukk im putting on it :)

Questions:
1. What .exe should be used to launch game if all forums, downloads, and modifications are complete and correct?
2. what screen should i see if proper .exe is used?

Ive researched Youtube as much as i can see, but all how-to's seem to start just AFTER this, AT the Emulator page in game. Again, i think i am dialed, but am as yet unable to get the EqEmulator to populate properly in game. i just get the Sony crap, as if i was trying to launch the game on their servers.

SamwiseRed
04-19-2014, 02:15 PM
try running as admin? dunno just throwing ideas out there. i dont understand why the servers arent coming up.

SamwiseRed
04-19-2014, 02:17 PM
also are you running eqgame.exe? i noticed that the guide says to run some titanium batch file or some shit. dont know wtf that is.

Rob Hensley
04-19-2014, 02:19 PM
tried both with about a 1/2 dozen different variables.

attempt to run the eqgame.exe, and a window pops telling me to run everquest.exe . When i do so, a small "Patching Everquest" window pops up that says "connecting...." which eventually times out with the message "Connection Failure. Could not establish connection. please check your network connection , or contact EQtech...bla bla"

again, i know im juts missing something small.

SamwiseRed
04-19-2014, 02:30 PM
hmm that doesnt sound right at all

SamwiseRed
04-19-2014, 02:31 PM
your shortcut to play eq should look like this if you right click properties on it

C:\EverQuest\eqgame.exe patchme

Rob Hensley
04-19-2014, 02:47 PM
i did miss that .exe change and fixed it, but it did not remedy the problem. Loads game, but does not load Emulator, instead still getting Sony Crap.

when game loads, the emulator screen is the initial screen that generates yes?

SamwiseRed
04-19-2014, 02:49 PM
did you run eq before you changed the files? if you did then you need to reinstall.

SamwiseRed
04-19-2014, 02:50 PM
it will look just like SOE until you get to server select. at server select youll see the emu servers instead of live. if you are seeing live servers you fucked up and need to reinstall.

Teako
04-19-2014, 03:15 PM
For what it's worth, you don't get the EQEmu Launcher anymore - it's no longer supported. Run straight to the LS through the exe.

Once you've made certain your login server info is correct:

If you are having problems logging in, please verify your eqhost.txt file contains the following:

[LoginServer]
Host=login.eqemulator.net:5998

Make a shortcut for your eqgame.exe, and set the file path as follows:

DRIVE:\Users\NAME\LOCATION\FOLDER\eqgame.exe patchme

In example, mine would be:

C:\Users\X\Desktop\EQLite\eqgame.exe patchme

You'll log directly into the game using your EQEMU login user name, and password. Keep them secret, keep them safe.

I'll check these forums later to see if you're still having an issue.

Teako
04-19-2014, 03:22 PM
Double post because my edit F'd up and I'm grumpy now.

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2651 -

Step 1 - Installation
Install Everquest Titanium to a fresh directory. This directory must be separate from any live Everquest installs and dedicated to EQEmulator.
DO NOT PATCH EVERQUEST. If you patch your Titanium install you will need to delete it and start over.

Reading more thoroughly through the thread, it seems that your eqhost.txt file isn't set to the proper login.eqemulator.net:5998

You should never, ever be getting Sony's login servers. If you did, you done goofed somewhere. You either patched Titanium, and need to reinstall (Yes, you really do have to reinstall it. No, I know it's silly. Reinstall it.) or haven't set your host server properly for you to be able to log in to the Emu server list.

Magrim
04-19-2014, 03:24 PM
I had to make my own desktop shortcut vary specifically the one created did not work., like this "C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\EverQuest\eqgame.exe" patchme

Speaker
04-19-2014, 04:10 PM
When you set up the game, it wants to connect to SONY, you need to change the short cut link to the emuserver.

Gonzo Joe
04-19-2014, 04:29 PM
I recently came back to P99 and had to reinstall everything. I found what I've used in the past still works, and that's here:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28335

It's a self contained executable that basically does the work for you in terms of modifying the login details for eqemu as well as some other nifty bells and whistles, obviously the full details are in the post linked to above.

The only thing I still had to do manually was overwrite the files in the P99 directory with the ones linked on the getting started page.