PDA

View Full Version : GM's please fix server thread continued

Klep
04-10-2014, 05:25 PM
You nerfed XP and the population dropped just like we said it would. A large XP bonus is necessary on a server with sub 100 population. There are no groups and no way to XP unless you play a necromancer or are being power leveled.

Red Dawn was a major guild on red that lost half of its members after the XP nerf and were forced to disband.

The XP nerf was a mistake and its obvious looking at the numbers. Please pay attention to the changes you make which affect server population. If your goal as GM's is to encourage server growth and higher population you have failed by doing the opposite. Locking threads critical of GM decisions are poor form. You have an obligation to respond to the community when you make decisions that affect the quality of game play by lowering the population.

Sirken
04-11-2014, 12:49 PM
You nerfed XP and the population dropped just like we said it would. A large XP bonus is necessary on a server with sub 100 population. There are no groups and no way to XP unless you play a necromancer or are being power leveled.

Red Dawn was a major guild on red that lost half of its members after the XP nerf and were forced to disband.

The XP nerf was a mistake and its obvious looking at the numbers. Please pay attention to the changes you make which affect server population. If your goal as GM's is to encourage server growth and higher population you have failed by doing the opposite. Locking threads critical of GM decisions are poor form. You have an obligation to respond to the community when you make decisions that affect the quality of game play by lowering the population.

you mean, we nerfed XP and the population dropped just like WE said it would and expected it to. if you were a loyal listener of my stream (:p), you would have known this was coming and you would have known that we fully expected a pop dip. multiple times i said the pop would get worse before it got better. so throwing a fit and pointing at the population means nothing to me, and quite honestly is not a valid argument in my eyes, as again, I stated multiple times before the xp was removed that we expect the pop to get worse before it gets better. we need to get rid of the instant gratification crowd and/or convert them to real EQ players, because they are cancer for the server.

what happened to red dawn was quite sad. but lets be real here, the xp nerf didn't kill red dawn. red dawn killed red dawn. notice how it didnt kill any other guild. i think it was more a combo of 1 certain person losing his mind from being overwhelmed and not getting assistance + someone else getting a bunch of guild accounts suspended. but trying to blame the fall of RD on the staff is laughable. if you were here telling me this, id quite literally be laughing in your face the entire time as i passed you a coupon for 50% off your next tin foil purchase.

the xp nerf was not then, and is not now a mistake. i think it's cute that you think the only thing we care about it is the population. i also think it's cute that you think you can call what we are doing a failure, when you have no idea what's going to happen. the ONLY mistake made by staff was believing it was only going to take a week to have these things implemented, but hooray for people that go MIA without notice.

You have an obligation to respond to the community when you make decisions that affect the quality of game play by lowering the population.
are you fucking brain damaged? we aren't obligated to do anything for the community. the ONLY reason that we include the community in what's happening is BECAUSE WE WANT TO, and for no other reason. hell, if we wanted to, we could take the servers out back, douse them in gasoline, set them on fire, and live stream the event so you can watch your pixels burn up in real time as i provide full color commentary.

http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/old-school-glass-breaking-posterization.gif