PDA

View Full Version : Recent banning of accounts

slo1506
03-24-2014, 02:42 PM
First and foremost i want to let it be known i have never, nor plan on ever doing any RMT including account purchases, items, or platinum purchases. However, I do know of some people who have, and to be honest, how the staff feels they have any right to ban accounts for doing this is beyond me. You do have a set of rules and obviously feel like you have some right to do this, however these people spend their time playing on your server, which is of a game you do not own! If you really want to get down to it, YOU are breaking copyright laws and the EULA of SOE. So what you are really doing is being straight up hypocrits, basically saying you can break the rules while others aren't allowed to break rules that you have basically made up for a game you don't own. I'll say it again, YOU DO NOT OWN. I realize this will probably get me banned but i can't stand for hypocrisy and I don't think anyone else should either! This server is a great idea but if people have the money, or have put the time in several characters leveling them up and don't want to do the grind again, WHO cares?!?! I know i'm not alone on this. You have effectively ruined this server for me, i know this was legal from you previously and now you're banning people for doing it. Again i have never done it but i know people who have and you have just effectively taken money/time from them, Stole it if you will. Thats just my rant. Appreciate everyone who read it before this gets taken down and i'm banned but yep, thanks.

KagaKawaiitob
03-24-2014, 02:43 PM
Wall of text

Red_Psyphon
03-24-2014, 02:45 PM
RMT matters you moron, you spending money on shortcuts devalues the legit time people put into the game making the game a fucking joke as well. This isn't about you and the shortcuts you need and everything to do with you guys wanting a leg up on people playing fairly. STFU.

slo1506
03-24-2014, 02:46 PM
I just told you i haven't done it... Read it fucktard.

greenblze420
03-24-2014, 02:47 PM
first line -First and foremost i want to let it be known i have never, nor plan on ever doing any RMT including account purchases, items, or platinum purchases.

last line-and i'm banned but yep, thanks.

everything in the middle is pointless

slo1506
03-24-2014, 02:47 PM
Wall of text
Captain obvious in the house....

JayN
03-24-2014, 02:49 PM
thanks god this toxic dirty whistle is gone /pras gm heavy-handedness

slo1506
03-24-2014, 02:49 PM
first line -First and foremost i want to let it be known i have never, nor plan on ever doing any RMT including account purchases, items, or platinum purchases.

last line-and i'm banned but yep, thanks.

everything in the middle is pointless

Jesus, i'm gonna get banned for typing that i'm saying, Again read it you fucking morons.

Rhambuk
03-24-2014, 02:50 PM
Thats a whole lot of bullshit. Go fuck yourself.

Red_Psyphon
03-24-2014, 02:50 PM
Hey "fucktard" don't care if you did or didn't you are still supporting it by comparing past rules and SoE copyrights as if u gave a shit about the law but still played here to begin with? Get smart

Nikon
03-24-2014, 02:51 PM
So much anger in such a small thread.

slo1506
BTW i'm not banned.
If you had any reading comprehension you would know i said i will get banned for typing that, This server is filled with idiots i swear.

greenblze420
lol i dont think you can get banned for posting in RnF unless its people personal info so you sir are the moron

slo1506
03-24-2014, 02:52 PM
Hey "fucktard" don't care if you did or didn't you are still supporting it by comparing past rules and SoE copyrights as if u gave a shit about the law but still played here to begin with? Get smart

You're all saying that this is cheating but just because its not your opinion doesn't mean i'm not right.

greenblze420
03-24-2014, 02:52 PM
Appreciate everyone who read it before this gets taken down and i'm banned but yep, thanks.

where does it say "i will be banned for this" or "im going to be banned for this" it says and im banned hum..... anyone with a brain would think that you are already banned

btw fuck off

slo1506
03-24-2014, 02:54 PM
Appreciate everyone who read it before this gets taken down and i'm banned.

The word BEFORE should have been a major tip-off...

greenblze420
03-24-2014, 02:55 PM
You're all saying that this is cheating but just because its not your opinion doesn't mean i'm not right.

this is "their" server they can do w/e the fuck the want and if they dont want people ruining "their" server then they will ban the fuck out of you without thinking twice. This isnt a court of law there is no rights here fuck tard. The gm's or whoever pays for this shit out of his own pocket or donations and they all put "their" time in to make this server possible. If you dont like "their" fucking rules then dont play here qq gg stfu

greenblze420
03-24-2014, 02:56 PM
Appreciate everyone who read it before this gets taken down and i'm banned.

The word BEFORE should have been a major tip-off...

plz show me where it says before in your first post jfc your a idiot

KagaKawaiitob
03-24-2014, 02:56 PM
OP is more defensive than Alarti/Alawen. How...?

Rhambuk
03-24-2014, 03:00 PM
http://www.troll.me/images/pissed-off-obama/eat-a-dick-*****.jpg

http://lynchlife.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/208x228_pissed-off-baby-eat-a-dick.jpg

http://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/eat_a_dick.gif

http://www.troll.me/images/office-space-boss/yeahhh-if-you-could-go-ahead-and-eat-a-dick-thatd-be-greatttttt.jpg

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTaBq6bRxx_Xuck9gNQD5WXz76wKwC75 rKjzseIykgUe6UtYaLKBQ

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ1TpkSdiGw0GVLDOb-37aGB5t8hsTTFRJhhY5Af7prMPcZp5O-

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRV1eUzhPmPpTAKDNs7uRs5dKFKM-MposoHCQp8jh7zRXor5Bt4Ew

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/24894136.jpg

slo1506
03-24-2014, 03:01 PM
this is "their" server they can do w/e the fuck the want and if they dont want people ruining "their" server then they will ban the fuck out of you without thinking twice. This isnt a court of law there is no rights here fuck tard. The gm's or whoever pays for this shit out of his own pocket or donations and they all put "their" time in to make this server possible. If you dont like "their" fucking rules then dont play here qq gg stfu

Simple copyright laws would beg to differ. Simply saying this isn't their game. Its a server that exactly matches something already made. I'm only saying they can't play the card that they put so much hard work into it. They just copied what was done already, I realize re-coding to match its previous form wasn't easy, but it also isn't their game. I don't hate this server by any means, its brilliant. I'm just saying you can't simply say something is alright then when they change their minds, ban people who did it.

Frieza_Prexus
Text

At worst, Sony has a civil claim against P99 for infringement which they have, thus far, chosen not to pursue. In fact, there's more than a few murmurs that Sony and P99 have an "understanding", part of which is the active policing of RMT. You're absolutely right that P99 does not own the game, and that they cannot modify, control, and distribute copyrighted files without potential penalty. However, they do own the server which your connecting to, and it is more than appropriate for them to cut off access for people they deem unfit.

The moral and ethical justifications for disallowing RMT are largely irrelevant. It's against the rules, and if you want to play here, then don't do it here.

Oh, and:

Is this server legal?
Yes it is legal, because A) We do not distribute copyrighted files, B) We do not charge people to play, therefor we are not making any sort of money or profit off of the intellectual property of SOE, and C) SOE Grants, in their user agreement, a license to utilize Everquest names and art, to all accounts in good standing:

"SOE hereby grants to each EverQuest account subscriber that is in good standing and with the grant automatically revoked as of the moment that the subscriber�s account is no longer in good standing (an "EQ Subscriber"), a limited, personal, nonexclusive, nontransferable, nonassignable and fully revocable license to use (a) the EverQuest name, and (b) trademarks and copyrighted material from EverQuest including NPC names and images, diety and monster names and images, geographical names, item names and images, character names and images, background art, and screenshots containing any of the foregoing�"

Some say that it is not legal due to the following clause in the user agreement:

9. You may not use any third party software to modify the Software to change Game play. You may not create, facilitate, host, link to or provide any other means through which the Game may be played by others, such as through server emulators. You may not take any action which imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure. You may not buy, sell or auction (or host or facilitate the ability to allow others to buy, sell or auction) any Game characters, items, coin or copyrighted material.

However, statements like these in a user agreement do not constitute legality, they merely serve as a guideline that if broken can terminate your usage of their services.

Srious
The only time the server is going to give you items for cash is if they can suck Brad McQuaids dick in the process.

Lets get another kickstarter going guys!

Found this on another thread (8th Post by Champion_Standing) http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144310

That is in fact RMT sugar coated in a "donation" to an entirely different game. Just doesn't add up.

slo1506
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenblze420 View Post
Simple copyright laws would beg to differ. Simply saying this isn't their game. Its a server that exactly matches something already made. I'm only saying they can't play the card that they put so much hard work into it. They just copied what was done already, I realize re-coding to match its previous form wasn't easy, but it also isn't their game. I don't hate this server by any means, its brilliant. I'm just saying you can't simply say something is alright then when they change their minds, ban people who did it.

slo1506
03-24-2014, 03:03 PM
plz show me where it says before in your first post jfc your a idiot

Are you serious dude? Look at the quote in your post. Also its You're** an** idiot :)

greenblze420
03-24-2014, 03:05 PM
im not going 2 argue with you anymore clearly your a fucking retard and dont understand that it is their shit because they fucking just banned 400ppl and no one is going to stop them so yea that what i would call "theirs" go file a lawsuit or stfu

slo1506
At worst, Sony has a civil claim against P99 for infringement which they have, thus far, chosen not to pursue. In fact, there's more than a few murmurs that Sony and P99 have an "understanding", part of which is the active policing of RMT. You're absolutely right that P99 does not own the game, and that they cannot modify, control, and distribute copyrighted files without potential penalty. However, they do own the server which your connecting to, and it is more than appropriate for them to cut off access for people they deem unfit.

The moral and ethical justifications for disallowing RMT are largely irrelevant. It's against the rules, and if you want to play here, then don't do it here.

Oh, and:

That is all bogus propaganda, It is copyright infringement. They have made it EXACTLY how it used to be, which was copyrighted... Think for yourselves people come on.

greenblze420
Are you serious dude? Look at the quote in your post. Also its You're** an** idiot :)

is that your op? no its a quote down the line jfc your a idiot

sulpher01
03-24-2014, 03:08 PM
First this thread has butthurt written all over it... second, Xasten just shot down your argument in flames. The end.

hatelore
03-24-2014, 03:09 PM
http://www.troll.me/images/pissed-off-obama/eat-a-dick-*****.jpg

http://lynchlife.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/208x228_pissed-off-baby-eat-a-dick.jpg

http://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/eat_a_dick.gif

http://www.troll.me/images/office-space-boss/yeahhh-if-you-could-go-ahead-and-eat-a-dick-thatd-be-greatttttt.jpg

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTaBq6bRxx_Xuck9gNQD5WXz76wKwC75 rKjzseIykgUe6UtYaLKBQ

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ1TpkSdiGw0GVLDOb-37aGB5t8hsTTFRJhhY5Af7prMPcZp5O-

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRV1eUzhPmPpTAKDNs7uRs5dKFKM-MposoHCQp8jh7zRXor5Bt4Ew

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/24894136.jpg

Lol /thread. Officespace one made me die of laughter. Hahha

slo1506
03-24-2014, 03:11 PM
is that your op? no its a quote down the line jfc your a idiot

Look at my original post, and read the end of it. Just read it. Then see who is being stupid.

Frieza_Prexus
03-24-2014, 03:12 PM
That is all bogus propaganda, It is copyright infringement. They have made it EXACTLY how it used to be, which was copyrighted... Think for yourselves people come on.

Sure, the factors for potential infringement are certainly there, but the question as to whether or not the potential infringement is actually actionable is far from settled. Also, Sony is well aware of P99, and Smedley has even commented on it. They've obviously not pursued it, and there's a strong chance they've reached an understanding for P99 to peacefully exist with Sony's implied consent.

Again, the justifications for why RMT is disallowed here are largely irrelevant. If you want to connect to their server, don't do it.

Nirgon
03-24-2014, 03:12 PM
Here's a fun fact

Doesn't matter who is wrong or right

If you RMT you will very likely get banned. The end.

So. If you truly don't care about your account and want to very seriously risk someone tracking you down for a refund... go for it. I wouldn't pal.

hatelore
03-24-2014, 03:13 PM
Xasten is the true "young lawyer" of p99. Good reply~

Rhambuk
03-24-2014, 03:14 PM
Xasten is the true "young lawyer" of p99. Good reply~

lol

slo1506
03-24-2014, 03:14 PM
Sure, the factors for potential infringement are certainly there, but the question as to whether or not the potential infringement is actually actionable is far from settled. Also, Sony is well aware of P99, and Smedley has even commented on it. They've obviously not pursued it, and there's a strong chance they've reached an understanding for P99 to peacefully exist with Sony's implied consent.

Again, the justifications for why RMT is disallowed here are largely irrelevant. If you want to connect to their server, don't do it.

You sir, are at least objective in your post. I appreciate that, and your very correct. I'm just saying they allowed it previously and now are banning people for it? They need to retroactively take back the bans to the accounts with which this was done from when it was legal.

slo1506
03-24-2014, 03:16 PM
You sir, are at least objective in your post. I appreciate that, and your very correct. I'm just saying they allowed it previously and now are banning people for it? They need to retroactively take back the bans to the accounts with which this was done from when it was legal.

You're** shit i'm gonna get reamed for that punctuation after correcting someone earlier haha!

slo1506
03-24-2014, 03:18 PM
Here's a fun fact

Doesn't matter who is wrong or right

If you RMT you will very likely get banned. The end.

So. If you truly don't care about your account and want to very seriously risk someone tracking you down for a refund... go for it. I wouldn't pal.

This is the post that i will respond to reasonably, you call me an idiot i'll reply with an equally dumb post, but this post is actually just stating his opinion and again i agree with it.

Funkutron5000
03-24-2014, 03:19 PM

RMT was never allowed on p99. Account selling for plat was but never for straight cash.

slo1506
03-24-2014, 03:21 PM
lol i dont think you can get banned for posting in RnF unless its people personal info so you sir are the moron

Read: http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96488

They may take this as bashing is what i'm saying, So again you sir, are the moron.

dre
03-24-2014, 03:21 PM
http://i.imgur.com/7hseIqW.jpg

slo1506
03-24-2014, 03:22 PM
RMT was never allowed on p99. Account selling for plat was but never for straight cash.

Cash was used to buy the plat which in turn was used to purchase characters... so yes for all intents and purposes it was allowed.

Skittlez
03-24-2014, 03:23 PM

Oh you definitely can, sir. My account was banned from July to January until I made good with Sirken.

Srious
03-24-2014, 03:24 PM

They kind of opened their own version of Pandora's Box there... Most of the plat to fund account sales were RMT i'm sure.

baalzy
03-24-2014, 03:36 PM
Cash was used to buy the plat which in turn was used to purchase characters... so yes for all intents and purposes it was allowed.

So you're saying the staff allowed you to purchase plat directly with cash and then turn around and use that plat to buy accounts?

Yeah, you're wrong.

Fael
03-24-2014, 03:38 PM
YOU are breaking copyright laws and the EULA of SOE. So what you are really doing is being straight up hypocrits, basically saying you can break the rules while others aren't allowed to break rules that you have basically made up for a game you don't own. I'll say it again, YOU DO NOT OWN.

What makes you qualified to have an opinion on Title 17 of the United States Code? Have you ever read it?
How might Section 106 apply to Project 99.

Please advise.

Dolic

Fael
03-24-2014, 03:51 PM

Sony has failed to enforce their copyright against P99 for the last 3 years. Rogean and Nilbog have continued to work on the project and incur additional expenses. 17 USC Section 106 aside, so long as P99 doesn't expand their operations significantly, and continues to crack down on RMT, it would not surprise me if suit against P99 is inactionable on the basis of waiver and laches.

Dolic

slo1506
03-24-2014, 03:53 PM
Sony has failed to enforce their copyright against P99 for the last 3 years. Rogean and Nilbog have continued to work on the project and incur additional expenses. 17 USC Section 106 aside, so long as P99 doesn't expand their operations significantly, and continues to crack down on RMT, it would not surprise me if suit against P99 is inactionable on the basis of waiver and laches.

Dolic

I in no way want p99 to go away, or get in trouble, It's a great policy. I just thinks it's hypocritical is all.

slo1506
03-24-2014, 03:55 PM
I in no way want p99 to go away, or get in trouble, It's a great policy. I just thinks it's hypocritical is all.

Its a great server is what i really meant to say... i just picked a whole bouquet of oopsy daisies.

Frieza_Prexus
03-24-2014, 03:57 PM

Dolic

God bless equitable defenses.

slo1506
03-24-2014, 04:00 PM
Also, this is just an opinion of mine, why everyone feels like they gotta strap on tommy toughguy helmets and go to battle behind their keyboards on me... is baffling and laughable. I engaged in name calling too but only after stupid posts towards me (name calling and the like) Stupid posts deserve stupid replies. Again I love p99 and again i never did any RMT. Also, this is again an opinion, but an opinion stating they also broke rules in making this server. Appreciate the feedback from the people who actually had insight to the whole ordeal. To the others who just wanted to catapult Pictures and namecalling...please grow up.

slo1506
03-24-2014, 04:06 PM
Frieza_Prexus and Fael, thanks for your replies. Intelligence of what your talking about is clear, and i am not being facetious, i am actually very happy to read your views on this subject and sorry if my original point wasn't clear in my first post. Again i loved this server i just had a friend get banned for an account he bought with Plat quite some time ago.

slo1506
03-24-2014, 04:10 PM
What makes you qualified to have an opinion on Title 17 of the United States Code? Have you ever read it?
How might Section 106 apply to Project 99.

Please advise.

Dolic

Have not read that, but lets be real, this is copyright infringement. Stop trying to defend something what isn't winnable, and you're 100% correct on how it won't ever get taken to court. but none the less both sides are wrong, but banning accounts isn't fixing anything, it will just continue with new ways of getting around them.

casdegere
03-24-2014, 04:11 PM
Also, this is just an opinion of mine, why everyone feels like they gotta strap on tommy toughguy helmets and go to battle behind their keyboards on me... is baffling and laughable. I engaged in name calling too but only after stupid posts towards me (name calling and the like) Stupid posts deserve stupid replies. Again I love p99 and again i never did any RMT. Also, this is again an opinion, but an opinion stating they also broke rules in making this server. Appreciate the feedback from the people who actually had insight to the whole ordeal. To the others who just wanted to catapult Pictures and namecalling...please grow up.

To point at someone else's faults, errors and/or issues is the tactics of someone who is trying to redirect their own guilt or lack of judgement. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but it really has no place in this instance. The rules were/are clearly stated with their penalties and people broke them. What else is there to have an opinion about? If you don't like the devs or the server, why play on it? If you or anyone does not like the rules as posted than they should log off and find something else to do. If you want to cheat, play a single player game or some MMO that has lenient cheating regulations. Bashing the devs, the game or the server over what the RMTers did is really lame.

Nocsucow
03-24-2014, 04:12 PM
Have not read that, but lets be real, this is copyright infringement. Stop trying to defend something what isn't winnable, and you're 100% correct on how it won't ever get taken to court. but none the less both sides are wrong, but banning accounts isn't fixing anything, it will just continue with new ways of getting around them.

Yea this dude is banned..... all these walls of texts from a non banned person? Highly unlikely

slo1506
03-24-2014, 04:15 PM
Yea this dude is banned..... all these walls of texts from a non banned person? Highly unlikely

I'm not banned i assure you... and won't be unless they see this as developer bashing.

slo1506
03-24-2014, 04:16 PM
And why would that matter at all? Or did you want to just see your name on this thread that turned into something far from what i meant it to be.

Frieza_Prexus
03-24-2014, 04:33 PM
Have not read that, but lets be real, this is copyright infringement.

Part of what Dolic is saying is that "it is and it isn't" infringement. To maintain a copyright you have to police and monitor it. That's why it's not morally or ethically wrong (in many, but not all cases) to infringe certain copyrights. The law specifically says sometimes the copyright holder's copyright is invalid under certain circumstances, but you have to go to court to sort it out. Much of what keeps people from infringing is that they don't want to risk losing if the copyright is held to still be valid.

Think of Schrodinger's cat. It may or may not be a copyright violation, but we won't know exactly until they fight it out in court. However, under the "laches" defense Dolic mentioned Sony's claim gets weaker and weaker as time goes by. We'll never be 100% certain that P99 is or is not a copyright violation, but as time goes by we becomes MORE certain because the copyright has decayed over time under the equitable defense of laches.

Again, Schrodinger's cat. It's simultaneously alive and dead, but if you leave the box closed for 4 weeks (or don't pursue your claim against P99 for 4+ years), kitty ain't kicking no more cause it starved to death. As time passes you approach near certainty of a specific outcome.

Raavak
03-24-2014, 04:35 PM
Poor Schrodinger's cat. Someone should tell PITA he's keeping it in a box all these years.

casdegere
03-24-2014, 04:41 PM
Part of what Dolic is saying is that "it is and it isn't" infringement. To maintain a copyright you have to police and monitor it. That's why it's not morally or ethically wrong (in many, but not all cases) to infringe certain copyrights. The law specifically says sometimes the copyright holder's copyright is invalid under certain circumstances, but you have to go to court to sort it out. Much of what keeps people from infringing is that they don't want to risk losing if the copyright is held to still be valid.

Think of Schrodinger's cat. It may or may not be a copyright violation, but we won't know exactly until they fight it out in court. However, under the "laches" defense Dolic mentioned Sony's claim gets weaker and weaker as time goes by. We'll never be 100% certain that P99 is or is not a copyright violation, but as time goes by we becomes MORE certain because the copyright has decayed over time under the equitable defense of laches.

Again, Schrodinger's cat. It's simultaneously alive and dead, but if you leave the box closed for 4 weeks (or don't pursue your claim against P99 for 4+ years), kitty ain't kicking no more cause it starved to death. As time passes you approach near certainty of a specific outcome.

If people condemn P99 then jump on youtube or stream a movie from some .to site or download a torrent, they are absolute hypocrites. Every minute of everyday youtube is in violation of copyright laws yet gets away with it. Unless the people/person who is being infringed upon sees their property being used illegally, it remains up on youtube.

Shannacore
03-24-2014, 04:57 PM
lol @ op

Good thread.

myriverse
03-24-2014, 05:07 PM
how the staff feels they have any right to ban accounts for doing this is beyond me.
Their game. Their rules. Anybody has a problem? GTFO.

You do have a set of rules and obviously feel like you have some right to do this, however these people spend their time playing on your server, which is of a game you do not own!
Irrelevant.

If you really want to get down to it, YOU are breaking copyright laws and the EULA of SOE.
That's between them and Sony. Sony really doesn't seem to give any shits.

So what you are really doing is being straight up hypocrits, basically saying you can break the rules while others aren't allowed to break rules that you have basically made up for a game you don't own.
Logical error. Different rules are different. Each is judged on its own merit.

if people have the money, or have put the time in several characters leveling them up and don't want to do the grind again, WHO cares?!?!
The people that run the game.
The majority of players.
Why? Because it adversely affects the game. Think of any game you can. Now, imagine the ability to buy superior things to use in that game. Aces? Park Place? Extra Queens?

You have effectively ruined this server for me, i know this was legal from you previously and now you're banning people for doing it.
There's no "now." They've banned people for a long time. They just do it in batches as they gather the evidence.

Argh
03-24-2014, 05:24 PM
Poor Schrodinger's cat. Someone should tell PITA he's keeping it in a box all these years.

What's bread gonna do about it?

Blink
03-24-2014, 05:47 PM
The only place it becomes a slippery slope is when the staff started selling in game items via the Pantheon kickstarter. Fast forward to a month later they ban 400 accounts that RMT'ed.

Everything else you are saying is bullshit.

Champion_Standing
03-24-2014, 05:55 PM
RMT matters you moron, you spending money on shortcuts devalues the legit time people put into the game making the game a fucking joke as well. This isn't about you and the shortcuts you need and everything to do with you guys wanting a leg up on people playing fairly. STFU.

If you are at all concerned with the "value" of your time, you should not be playing this game.

FindCorpse
03-24-2014, 05:58 PM
Vent your frustrations take a deep breath and cool down. If you were illegitimately banned petition and it will get fixed quick. If you were legitimately banned take your links and start again and leave. In the end this is not the people's server it's the developers server if they won anted to pull the plug tomorrow they could. Literally over 1000 unbanned people playing still all this ranting and flaming is laughable to people on the other side.

FindCorpse
03-24-2014, 06:04 PM
Auto correct killing me today the short and long of previous post stop crying about it.

Kayso
03-24-2014, 07:26 PM
OP needs to RMT one ofthese. (http://www.amazon.com/The-Thinkers-Guide-Write-Paragraph/dp/0944583229)

Hailto
03-24-2014, 07:30 PM

Haven't done it yet this butthurt, lol okay.

Glenzig
03-24-2014, 07:43 PM
Gotta love a good ad hominem attack. Why do people like the op waste their time with failed arguments. People broke the rules. Doesn't matter if someone else this one time kinda sorta maybe broke a completely separate and non related set of rules. That's not the issue. You cheated. You got caught. You got banned. Bye.

Red_Psyphon
03-24-2014, 08:04 PM
Champ..its my free time I don't value it any different then your free time. I fail to see the point you are making by quoting me. My point on the otherhand is how RMT'ers think their actions don't hurt anyone when it in fact directly hurts people who are trying to play the game as intended (not buying shortcuts). Me stating that RMT devalues people who are trying play legit still stands.

2 years of legit playing to have the same items as a guy who spent 20 minutes in game? Sounds fair amirite?

Srious
03-24-2014, 08:45 PM
I'm not saying I do it, but I completely understand RMT... I mean, everyone values their time, i don't see what is so wrong with selling out when you quit the game? You spend DAYS of your life sitting there playing on the server and people are pissed when someone makes a little cash off of it? Aw, it's not going to Brad Mcquaid's new game or to support the server? What about those who have supported the server? And if you still play EQ, you know every class and how to play it so that isn't an issue at all. And if you can't afford an account, go get a fuckin job? I just don't get what all the fuss is about.

Hailto
03-24-2014, 08:50 PM
^ Confirmed RMT

Enxienty
03-24-2014, 08:52 PM
I valued my time and sold plat on another server to buy plat here just to have fun with a twinked out character, logged onto my cousins account a few times to port him around and about but he had no idea i RMT'd he just thought it was a xserver trade, and his accounts got banned because i logged on and ported him a few times.

I understand why i was banned but damn, after what just happened I understand why a few people are mad and I can definitely see that a few innocent people were banned in this process without actually RMT'ing themselves

Ahldagor
03-24-2014, 08:53 PM
another shit troll thread

rmt against the rules of the server
rmt rules enforced periodically (massively)
rmters complain and whine graying as much as they can with amateur rhetoric
gm's laugh and ban

Srious
03-24-2014, 08:53 PM
Hailto, confirmed unemployed i'm sure. But no RMT for me :)

Srious
03-24-2014, 08:55 PM
Why are you all so damn quick to judge lol. It's insane, I'd hate to be a wrongfully accused person facing the death penalty with you people on the jury... you'd all be murderers yourself lol.

Ahldagor
03-24-2014, 08:58 PM
Why are you all so damn quick to judge lol. It's insane, I'd hate to be a wrongfully accused person facing the death penalty with you people on the jury... you'd all be murderers yourself lol.

don't tax dollars execute folks?

Srious
03-24-2014, 09:03 PM
lol last time i post on these damn threads. Just crazy man... it's an emulator. You all know there is reality right? You can walk outside and feel real grass?

Kayso
03-24-2014, 09:08 PM
I'm not saying I do it, but I completely understand RMT... I mean, everyone values their time, i don't see what is so wrong with selling out when you quit the game? You spend DAYS of your life sitting there playing on the server and people are pissed when someone makes a little cash off of it? Aw, it's not going to Brad Mcquaid's new game or to support the server? What about those who have supported the server? And if you still play EQ, you know every class and how to play it so that isn't an issue at all. And if you can't afford an account, go get a fuckin job? I just don't get what all the fuss is about.

^ Confirmed RMT

Confirmation certified. Authentication #QQ1012

Lazie
03-24-2014, 09:13 PM
You sir, are at least objective in your post. I appreciate that, and you're very correct. I'm just saying they allowed it previously and now are banning people for it? They need to retroactively take back the bans to the accounts with which this was done from when it was legal.

Fixed your grammar error you fixed for someone else earlier. Also it was never allowed here.

Tecmos Deception
03-24-2014, 09:15 PM
I valued my time and sold plat on another server to buy plat here just to have fun with a twinked out character, logged onto my cousins account a few times to port him around and about but he had no idea i RMT'd he just thought it was a xserver trade, and his accounts got banned because i logged on and ported him a few times.

I understand why i was banned but damn, after what just happened I understand why a few people are mad and I can definitely see that a few innocent people were banned in this process without actually RMT'ing themselves

The innocent people should be mad at the people like you, exposing their legit accounts to your shit.

Lazie
03-24-2014, 09:16 PM
I'm not banned i assure you... and won't be unless they see this as developer bashing.

Cool then you don't mind sharing who your in game character is and logging in ?

Enxienty
03-24-2014, 09:25 PM
The innocent people should be mad at the people like you, exposing their legit accounts to your shit.

I completely agree and he has every right to be mad at me ( btw relax its a game bro you have been a bit butt hurt from all of this from previous posts ive seen)

Its just weird how the people who weren't related to the RMT themselves got the banhammer, while TMO had many accounts that were shared by the two dupers got away with a 2 week suspension.

slo1506
03-24-2014, 09:53 PM
Their game. Their rules. Anybody has a problem? GTFO.

Irrelevant.

That's between them and Sony. Sony really doesn't seem to give any shits.

Logical error. Different rules are different. Each is judged on its own merit.

The people that run the game.
The majority of players.
Why? Because it adversely affects the game. Think of any game you can. Now, imagine the ability to buy superior things to use in that game. Aces? Park Place? Extra Queens?

There's no "now." They've banned people for a long time. They just do it in batches as they gather the evidence.

EXCEPT IT ISN'T THEIR GAME. Again man, this is a game made by verant, purchased by SOE. P99, PEQ, none of them made the game, they recreated a server/host servers of a game Made/owned by Verant/SOE. Again not "Their" game.

Nocsucow
03-24-2014, 09:56 PM
So Shut The Fuck Up already!!!! Jesus dude get a fucking life.. nobody cares

slo1506
03-24-2014, 10:00 PM

Uhh how about fucking EQ live right now. Its legal on there RIGHT NOW hell you can purchase straight from Sony level 85's with 4500 aa straight up geared the hell out. You just shit on your own argument bud.

slo1506
03-24-2014, 10:00 PM
So Shut The Fuck Up already!!!! Jesus dude get a fucking life.. nobody cares

You keep coming back, as do other people. So clearly somebody cares, like you.

slo1506
03-24-2014, 10:02 PM
Cool then you don't mind sharing who your in game character is and logging in ?

My characters Are tobasher/evard/mezyn i'll login to any of them right now name the time and place.

Nocsucow
03-24-2014, 10:02 PM
Me reading stupid threads while getting Rdy for work does not mean I care

slo1506
03-24-2014, 10:04 PM
Fixed your grammar error you fixed for someone else earlier. Also it was never allowed here.

Yes it was indirectly, and they knew it was going on, hell people put up in auction they were selling accounts for plat, which plat sales for money was allowed, i know it was i watched it happened in auction daily.

Lazie
03-24-2014, 10:29 PM
Yes it was indirectly, and they knew it was going on, hell people put up in auction they were selling accounts for plat, which plat sales for money was allowed, i know it was i watched it happened in auction daily.

Uh accounts were for sale for PP. Selling PP for money wasn't. You saying "Indirectly" and "They Knew" it was being sold for money is pointless. Everyone knew that was happening. They have to catch it to police it and that takes time. Sorry you got banned, but it was never allowed here.

BigHurb
03-24-2014, 10:47 PM
http://fohquest.blogspot.com/2013/12/project-1999org-investigating-real.html

good times

BigHurb
03-24-2014, 10:47 PM
LOOKS LIKE BIG HURB WAS RIGHT AGAIN

Nocsucow
03-25-2014, 02:14 AM
lol this list is false as can be lol

JPMorgan
03-25-2014, 04:01 AM

Why read when we can just enjoy your tears?

Yum.

justin2090
03-25-2014, 05:22 AM
http://fohquest.blogspot.com/2013/12/project-1999org-investigating-real.html

good times

lol

Always sunny is the funniest show ever created

Bazia
03-25-2014, 05:24 AM
no its not

not even close

bottyburp
03-25-2014, 07:29 AM
TBH most people are ignorant if they don't believe that GM's actually monopolise the RMT market and RMT themselves. The bans were to cut out the competition me thinks. Also people are overlooking the fact that there is a DLL file client side that GM's can access to track certain information. As we do not actually agree to any EULA some people could see this an infringment on personal information. For me irrespective of any of that as someone previously noted - their server, they can ban who they want. They could ban you because they don't like you or un ban you because you made nice with them as someone else noted

Lron
03-25-2014, 07:33 AM
TBH most people are ignorant if they don't believe that GM's actually monopolise the RMT market and RMT themselves. The bans were to cut out the competition me thinks. Also people are overlooking the fact that there is a DLL file client side that GM's can access to track certain information. As we do not actually agree to any EULA some people could see this an infringment on personal information. For me irrespective of any of that as someone previously noted - their server, they can ban who they want. They could ban you because they don't like you or un ban you because you made nice with them as someone else noted

Bring the proof that they are connected to RMT or just stfu.

Of course they can ban and unban whoever they want, its their server. If they abused this authority it would hurt the server and ultimately (if what you say is true about RMT) hurt their pocketbooks as well.

You are talking out of both sides of your mouth.

Sirken
03-25-2014, 09:18 AM
TBH most people are ignorant if they don't believe that GM's actually monopolise the RMT market and RMT themselves.

i double triple dog dare you to prove it. p99 has been up since 2009, and with all these accusations never once have any of these people been able to provide proof of RMT involving Rogean and Nilbog.

its getting old. clean your whistle and try again

Red_Psyphon
03-25-2014, 09:19 AM
Sirken a saint for putting up with you droolers. Peace to the men upstairs dealing with the brats below.

Brad_mo123
03-25-2014, 09:24 AM
i double triple dog dare you to prove it. p99 has been up since 2009, and with all these accusations never once have any of these people been able to provide proof of RMT involving Rogean and Nilbog.

But Rogean is like a white OJ Simpson. Everyone knows he did it.

Brad_mo123
03-25-2014, 09:25 AM
But Rogean is like a white OJ Simpson. Everyone knows he did it.

How else would he buy all of those yummy marshmellows from his lady Amelinda!?

slo1506
03-25-2014, 09:35 AM
Uh accounts were for sale for PP. Selling PP for money wasn't. You saying "Indirectly" and "They Knew" it was being sold for money is pointless. Everyone knew that was happening. They have to catch it to police it and that takes time. Sorry you got banned, but it was never allowed here.

Exactly, why was is allowed in the first place? And i'm not banned, lol. Why does everyone think i'm banned? Read my first post.

slo1506
03-25-2014, 09:37 AM

You realize i already fixed it myself and even called it that someone, again who doesn't read obviously since it already happened would try to fix it... Love when a plan comes together.

slo1506
03-25-2014, 09:45 AM
Why read when we can just enjoy your tears?

Yum.

Not crying, just stating facts, you all seem to be in an uproar because p99 is, in fact, illegal, no matter what they tell you on the wiki/forums. Its directly copying something that was/is copyrighted. Yet sit upon their moral high horse. Calling it their game. Its not. They didn't reinvent EQ, they copied it from a previous build. I wasn't banned although most of you think i was, you're stupid as hell as i stated i wasn't and said i would login whenever you want me to.

Nocsucow
03-25-2014, 09:46 AM
Not crying, just stating facts, you all seem to be in an uproar because p99 is, in fact, illegal, no matter what they tell you on the wiki/forums. Its directly copying something that was/is copyrighted. Yet sit upon their moral high horse. Calling it their game. Its not. They didn't reinvent EQ, they copied it from a previous build. I wasn't banned although most of you think i was, you're stupid as hell as i stated i wasn't and said i would login whenever you want me to.

bro its not illegal ... this server has been around long enough.. but it shoudl be illegal for you to post on these fucking forums with your type of retardation

Edgetiq
03-25-2014, 09:53 AM
bro its not illegal ... this server has been around long enough.. but it shoudl be illegal for you to post on these fucking forums with your type of retardation

If they were to make money off it it would be. Hence why donations are SOLELY for server costs.

I wouldn't run a server for free so fair play to them.

Sony like Blizzard have would or could open up a lawsuit against Rogean surely if they suspected they were making money off of their product?!

bottyburp
03-25-2014, 10:10 AM
never once have any of these people been able to provide proof of RMT involving Rogean and Nilbog.

I didn't mention any names. Are these the only 2 GM's on the server? Who said I was talking about either of them?

Read it again shit tits

Nocsucow
03-25-2014, 10:16 AM
If they were to make money off it it would be. Hence why donations are SOLELY for server costs.

I wouldn't run a server for free so fair play to them.

Sony like Blizzard have would or could open up a lawsuit against Rogean surely if they suspected they were making money off of their product?!

nope when EQlive went free to play they pretty much ruined all rights along those lines .... there is no way rogean can be sued over p99... they know about it , they wish they had as good of a progression server as nilbog/rogean

drktmplr12
03-25-2014, 10:17 AM
I didn't mention any names. Are these the only 2 GM's on the server? Who said I was talking about either of them?

Read it again shit tits

just because you couldnt handle running a server without selling shit, doesn't mean the world sucks a big dick like you.

thefloydian
03-25-2014, 10:46 AM

Definitely banned. And mad.

Alarti0001
03-25-2014, 10:48 AM

I support this message

Edgetiq
03-25-2014, 10:50 AM
just because you couldnt handle running a server without selling shit, doesn't mean the world sucks a big dick like you.

This guy still plays.... He isn't banned and who has he insulted here for you to react in such a way? You're acting like he's insulted your boyfriend or something you should lighten up

thefloydian
03-25-2014, 11:00 AM

I'm not accusing anyone of anything, but we all know there is very little chance that the player base could ever prove anything with regard to admin-sanctioned RMT. The admin staff is in a (justifiably) godlike position with regard to the server.

stewe
03-25-2014, 12:43 PM
Your friend got banned for RMT, no tears shed, good ridden, hope u follow him.

Aviann
03-25-2014, 01:23 PM
I support this message

Laughed pretty hard at that lol

Dubs
03-25-2014, 02:52 PM
Everquest is full of sad people

Lisset
03-25-2014, 02:58 PM
nope when EQlive went free to play they pretty much ruined all rights along those lines .... there is no way rogean can be sued over p99... they know about it , they wish they had as good of a progression server as nilbog/rogean

That statement is base on myth.

Sony could, at any time, use to have an emulator shut down because they only the intellectual property that is everquest. What they probably couldn't do is collect damages because Rogean et. al. aren't profiting and they've known about p99 for 5 years and haven't done anything about it and so a counterclaim that Sony hasn't fails has failed to protect its IP could be made.

But could Sony shut p99 down? In a heartbeat. If nothing else, they could lawyer it to death.

Derubael
03-25-2014, 03:05 PM

qft.

The people who make these accusations based on 'well how could they NOT be doing it?!' are just people with ambiguous moral standards for themselves, and can't understand why anyone else would be capable of having a clean whistle.

And yes, I said moral standards. While RMT isn't necessarily a 'moral' issue at it's core, saying a server doesn't allow RMT and then turning around and selling shit for real cash would absolutely be a moral violation, and something this staff will not be a part of.

Rararboker
03-25-2014, 03:28 PM

LOL. If they were making money from RMT, Sony would know. They would shut down this project1999 in a heartbeat. Now take a second to let that sink in.

Notice how the project1999 server is still running? I really hope I don't have to spell that out any further.

Edgetiq
03-25-2014, 03:44 PM
That statement is base on myth.

Sony could, at any time, use to have an emulator shut down because they only the intellectual property that is everquest. What they probably couldn't do is collect damages because Rogean et. al. aren't profiting and they've known about p99 for 5 years and haven't done anything about it and so a counterclaim that Sony hasn't fails has failed to protect its IP could be made.

But could Sony shut p99 down? In a heartbeat. If nothing else, they could lawyer it to death.

Exactly, as long as Rogean and co are not seen to be making profit from this, Sony will do nothing.

So seeing as the website or game cannot be used to make money for Rog and co... do you blame people for accusing him of being in on the RMT? As it seems to be the only way on the sly any money can be made?

Of course I am just debating not accusing here.

LOL. If they were making money from RMT, Sony would know. They would shut down this project1999 in a heartbeat. Now take a second to let that sink in.

Notice how the project1999 server is still running? I really hope I don't have to spell that out any further.

Just like Rogean and co have shut down every item/plat seller on P99...

WRONG

But you carry on being naive, things can be done on the sly without any direct connection/dealing with someone.

How would Sony do this without infringing people's freedom? They're not the NSA

Lazie
03-25-2014, 05:44 PM
You realize i already fixed it myself and even called it that someone, again who doesn't read obviously since it already happened would try to fix it... Love when a plan comes together.

You sir are delusional to say the least.

Dragonsblood1987
03-26-2014, 11:32 PM
First and foremost i want to let it be known i have never, nor plan on ever doing any RMT including account purchases, items, or platinum purchases..

Then y u so mad bro

Hodor of TMO
03-26-2014, 11:52 PM
http://geeknation.com/Content/Blogs/06_2013/games-recap-ep10-3.gif

BigHurb
03-26-2014, 11:58 PM
well didnt amelinda take money for shit just sayin lets not erase history entirely

Azure
03-27-2014, 12:10 AM
well didnt amelinda take money for shit just sayin lets not erase history entirely

Your thinking of, paymalinda or paypalinda. Amelimda was a saint.

Nekkojakk
03-27-2014, 01:49 AM
First and foremost i want to let it be known i have never, nor plan on ever doing any RMT including account purchases, items, or platinum purchases. However, I do know of some people who have, and to be honest, how the staff feels they have any right to ban accounts for doing this is beyond me. You do have a set of rules and obviously feel like you have some right to do this, however these people spend their time playing on your server, which is of a game you do not own! If you really want to get down to it, YOU are breaking copyright laws and the EULA of SOE. So what you are really doing is being straight up hypocrits, basically saying you can break the rules while others aren't allowed to break rules that you have basically made up for a game you don't own. I'll say it again, YOU DO NOT OWN. I realize this will probably get me banned but i can't stand for hypocrisy and I don't think anyone else should either! This server is a great idea but if people have the money, or have put the time in several characters leveling them up and don't want to do the grind again, WHO cares?!?! I know i'm not alone on this. You have effectively ruined this server for me, i know this was legal from you previously and now you're banning people for doing it. Again i have never done it but i know people who have and you have just effectively taken money/time from them, Stole it if you will. Thats just my rant. Appreciate everyone who read it before this gets taken down and i'm banned but yep, thanks.

What a whiny bitch